Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Duration VS -Duration

iSaiya

Question

Which build would be best for Nidus? A duration build or a negative duration build?

Duration:3&4th ability would be useful but the 2 can't be constantly spammed

Negative duration:3&4 ability become pretty much uselss but the 2 can be spammed alot which would be more efficient for CC

Any thought? Thanks

4 answers to this question

Once you get some stacks, your 1 will generally kill the crap out of anything snared by your 2 (freeing up your 2 to be used again), and snaring a bunch of guys in your 2 is the best way to quickly build stacks for your 1. If your 2 isn't free, spam 1 faster. Positive duration all the way.

14 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

Once you get some stacks, your 1 will generally kill the crap out of anything snared by your 2 (freeing up your 2 to be used again), and snaring a bunch of guys in your 2 is the best way to quickly build stacks for your 1. If your 2 isn't free, spam 1 faster. Positive duration all the way.

This.

Your 2 essentially has the duration you set when you have enough stacks. Regardless, -duration would essentially limit you to your first two abilities, whilst +duration allows you usage of all of your abilities making you more useful everywhere else. Unless someone disagrees. I don't use Nidus much, would like to hear opinions on other builds, I use high range and duration, negative energy efficiency. 

11 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

If your 2 isn't free, spam 1 faster. Positive duration all the way.

Except when the last enemy in larva is stuck inside of a wall, which seems to happen more often then you might think.  Still tho, my vote is for positive duration too. 

i personally run 130% duration on my build, which has a 9sec larva, 78sec link, and 52sec ravenous.

I don't find negative Duration Nidus useful for anything but farming low level enemies.

Solo he needs his Link and Ravenous to stay alive through increased stack efficiency and minimizing vulnerability windows.

In a group one of his most valuable assets is applying his Link to Power Strength driven frames like Banshee. Granting them a multiplicative Power Strength buff that can nearly double the Power Strength of him and the target player.

Besides Larva can do well enough without negative duration. Just find a room to camp where it doesn't get caught up as easily.