Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question: Orokon Catalyst and Reactors

(XBOX)SoakingMoss164

Question

7 answers to this question

Rarely, there are Invasions where Orokin Catalysts/Reactors may be offered by one side, and they have a chance of dropping from Sorties. Though I can agree; people who can't be on at the right time should be offered other ways to attain them (although one avenue already exists; trading parts and mods for plat to purchase it that way), like a twice-a-month mission offered by Darvo.

Idea for a twice-a-month mission offered by Darvo.
Repeatable mission: POTATO* snatching. Giver: Darvo.

Spoiler

Functionality: The mission itself is essentially a spy mission, but instead of a datacore, it's a metal box (basically, those small, mobile vaults) with the same security protection as you'd expect. Triggering the alarms will cause the box to begin liquidation.
Dialog:
Vending the mission: "Hey, Tenno, I've found the location where the Corpus/Grineer/Corrupted/Infested 're keeping the POTATOs, interested?"
Start of the mission: "Ok, Tenno, I had a chat with Lotus/Maroo and I think they keep the POTATOs in modified datavaults. Crack 'em open!"
Nearing a datavault: "Listen, it's not going to be as simple as walking in, opening a door, taking what's inside, and walking out again; they've upped the security.
That means if you set off the alarms, the POTATO gets cooked. And no, it's not one of those potatoes."
Setting off the alarm: "Tenno - if you want the POTATO you better find a way in and bust it out of that box quick!"
Failing the datavault: "You took too long to get it out of the, uh, 'oven'. It's burnt. To a crisp."
Succeeding (with alarms): "Well at least it wasn't burnt, eh?"
Succeeding (no alarms): "Cold and fresh, ready to be baked when you get home, ye Tenno?"
After last datavault: "You got what you came here for, now get outta there!"
Extraction: "I knew you could handle it..."

*Potent Orokin Tactical Augmentation, Tactical Offensive (Device), AKA Orokin Reactor/Catalyst.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Eets EH I-DEE-AH! - Corpus Crewman.

You can get them by sorties, well, its rare there. They can drop from random alerts. They can also be a reward for invasions, most likely you will have to choose blue or yellow, not both. They also drop from bimounthly alerts, at least on regular mounths when DE does Devstreams, after each one there is an alert that rewards one of those. Sometimes there can be 2 alerts, 2nd is a design council challange and thus is way harder since its made by players, like melee only vs Juggernaut level 120 (not sore what was that exacly but it was high in the 100ds).

It would be helpful if DE gave them for Junctions and Mastery rank ups. As to chances, you get a daily chance to drop one. I dropped plenty but thats my luck, and its not lucky since lately I mostly wanted rivens, not potato or lens.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)SoakingMoss164 said:

Will there ever be a little increase of these Catalyst & Reactors thru Alert missions. Reason I ask is because I work week days when these popup in my Phone app the most, I never see them popup in the Evening or weekends. I am US Central time

Usually every other Fridays, there is a Devstream and after each streaming session, there will be a Gift of the Lotus mission that reward a Reactor or Catalyst. You have 24h to complete this mission.

18 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Rarely, there are Invasions where Orokin Catalysts/Reactors may be offered by one side, and they have a chance of dropping from Sorties. Though I can agree; people who can't be on at the right time should be offered other ways to attain them (although one avenue already exists; trading parts and mods for plat to purchase it that way), like a twice-a-month mission offered by Darvo.

Idea for a twice-a-month mission offered by Darvo.
Repeatable mission: POTATO* snatching. Giver: Darvo.

Reveal hidden contents

Functionality: The mission itself is essentially a spy mission, but instead of a datacore, it's a metal box (basically, those small, mobile vaults) with the same security protection as you'd expect. Triggering the alarms will cause the box to begin liquidation.
Dialog:
Vending the mission: "Hey, Tenno, I've found the location where the Corpus/Grineer/Corrupted/Infested 're keeping the POTATOs, interested?"
Start of the mission: "Ok, Tenno, I had a chat with Lotus/Maroo and I think they keep the POTATOs in modified datavaults. Crack 'em open!"
Nearing a datavault: "Listen, it's not going to be as simple as walking in, opening a door, taking what's inside, and walking out again; they've upped the security.
That means if you set off the alarms, the POTATO gets cooked. And no, it's not one of those potatoes."
Setting off the alarm: "Tenno - if you want the POTATO you better find a way in and bust it out of that box quick!"
Failing the datavault: "You took too long to get it out of the, uh, 'oven'. It's burnt. To a crisp."
Succeeding (with alarms): "Well at least it wasn't burnt, eh?"
Succeeding (no alarms): "Cold and fresh, ready to be baked when you get home, ye Tenno?"
After last datavault: "You got what you came here for, now get outta there!"
Extraction: "I knew you could handle it..."

*Potent Orokin Tactical Augmentation, Tactical Offensive (Device), AKA Orokin Reactor/Catalyst.

Yea, I get what everyone is saying just very annoying always seeing them in week day alerts hardly ever after hours and weekends, only been playing since January 2017. I remember seems that level 120 in a Defense mission under a landing only 2 ways to get at it

Been trying build better warframes and weapons for higher level missions but don't want take up little slot spaces without the Potatoes to add.