Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave Standing from a casual perspective

Kimimoto

I'm not a hardcore Conclave player, but I've been dawdling with it for the past few months. I do enjoy playing it even with all the pub stomping and lack of populated games, but half my reason for playing Conclave in the first place is to get my Conclave reputation to Typhoon. Unfortunately after playing Conclave for the past two hours I've only gained 5,500 standing which is painfully slow for a casual player. Does the Conclave standing earned from games have to be so severely low? Matches that I lose I'm earn 500 standing after playing for 10 minutes. Assuming the possible but unlikely chance I were to lose all my games it would take 44 games to use up my daily Conclave standing. That's roughly a possible 7 hours of grinding Conclave each day. I guess an argument would be that there's the daily and weekly challenges, but as a casual player sometimes getting those challenges done is nearly impossible with some of the players you come across.

I know that increasing the amount of standing earned per game would get me more deeply involved in Conclave and not only leave me feeling rewarded, but keep me coming back. As I'd imagine it would do the same for other new and casual players, but what does the Conclave community think about the amount of standing gained per game?

Edited by Kimimoto

I'm not a hardcore conclave player; like you, I dabble through conclave at a few games per day/week. While I could complete teshin's weekly each week, I've only done so once or twice, partially due to the lack of populated conclave servers and partially because of the huge disparity in skill between me and the vast majority of the conclave "regulars".

At this point, I see conclave standing as something similar to the focus cap: it's possible, even fairly easy, to max it out, but I'd have to go out of my way to do so. 

That said, if I do well (and by well, I mean still in last place but with at least a few kills to my name), I might be able to earn somewhere between 1-2k standing(usually closer to 1k tho). For a good conclave player, who can get 25 kills in an FFA match and force the game into an early shutdown, I'd assume they can hit their standing cap in 4 or less games. Many conclave players would complain about the celestia syandana becoming less prestigious, though, even though getting the thing to even look like it shows on the tin requires almost religious conclaving anyways. So this is unlikely to happen, even though it could only help the population of conclave.

Just speculation though.

You only get 500 standing for a full match?
That's interesting. Are you actively playing the entire match?
I get more than 500 standing per game for... just showing up.

Spoiler

83c592d72b.png (662×684)

And I don't get that much more for winning. (apprx 1187 base)

Spoiler

11670453cf.png (772×755)

Focus on getting your rank up first.
Higher Conclave ranks have a greater standing multiplier, much like higher rank sigils from the other syndicates.
For the six basic syndicates, this bonus goes up to 15% (0%/5%/8%/11%/13%/15%). Presumably the same is true for Conclave.

Also, the weekly challenges are ridiculously easy.
You only need to complete ten daily challenges. That's less than 18% of the total 56 that are available each week.

Edited by SevenLetterKWord

8 hours ago, SevenLetterKWord said:

You only get 500 standing for a full match?

Focus on getting your rank up first.
Higher Conclave ranks have a greater standing multiplier, much like higher rank sigils from the other syndicates.
For the six basic syndicates, this bonus goes up to 15% (0%/5%/8%/11%/13%/15%). Presumably the same is true for Conclave.

Indeed it is. Previously different Conclave sigils awarded different multipliers, but that caused problems with Fashionframe and that Conclave Appearance wasn't separated from PvE, so it caused the issue of having to swap sigil every time you wanted to do Conclave, so DE got rid of it by making the Standing Bonus apply passively with each Conclave Rank and turning the Conclave sigils into cosmetic-only (why they haven't done this to the other six syndicates is anyone's guess).

8 hours ago, SevenLetterKWord said:

Also, the weekly challenges are ridiculously easy.
You only need to complete ten daily challenges. That's less than 18% of the total 56 that are available each week.

And capture the cephalon are ridiculously easy to complete too, only "challenge" on them is getting matches in the first place, but if you have a few friends or recruit chat you can solve that part.

The OP seems like a fairly intelligent fellow.  They posed their problem, provided the counter argument, and made their final statement.  *applause*  Would love if this structure were followed all the time.

17 hours ago, Kimimoto said:

I guess an argument would be that there's the daily and weekly challenges, but as a casual player sometimes getting those challenges done is nearly impossible with some of the players you come across.

Which challenges are nearly impossible?  Maybe those challenges should be changed so as to make Conclave standing more accessible.  I know the weekly is having to win X number of matches in a week, but I think that is best done with team matches...though it's too difficult to find a team game going or available.

1 hour ago, Nighttide77 said:

Which challenges are nearly impossible?  Maybe those challenges should be changed so as to make Conclave standing more accessible.  I know the weekly is having to win X number of matches in a week, but I think that is best done with team matches...though it's too difficult to find a team game going or available.

Probably Domination (Kill X enemies without them killing you) and Streak Stopped (Kill an enemy on a kill streak, which requires 3 consecutive kills to be active) as they can be devilishly difficult/tricky to get. Good thing Focused Streak Stopped was removed, that was indeed next to impossible to achieve in general.

Or maybe the Focused "Kill with Primary/Secondary/Melee", particularly the Gun versions for melee players (who may not be used to conclave gunplay) and viceversa.

The Weekly requires 6 matches won during the week, and yes playing it in team modes is easier.

My advice to the OP is to just take a breath and don't stress about it, it's not precisely a race. Just go at your own pace and try to improve and have Fun. Set some music you find enjoyable and carry on with the fights. It won't help you get standing faster, but will certainly make it less of a problem.

I'm fond of playing Conclave with an audiobook on the background.

11 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Probably Domination (Kill X enemies without them killing you) and Streak Stopped (Kill an enemy on a kill streak, which requires 3 consecutive kills to be active) as they can be devilishly difficult/tricky to get. Good thing Focused Streak Stopped was removed, that was indeed next to impossible to achieve in general.

Or maybe the Focused "Kill with Primary/Secondary/Melee", particularly the Gun versions for melee players (who may not be used to conclave gunplay) and viceversa.

I think I get Domination and other ones sorta at random by just playing matches.  Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't.

The focused one could be difficult, though I think getting the combo one (where you have to defeat someone with 2 or more things) might be the most difficult if you don't give some good forethought to your loadout.  Trying to get melee kills should hopefully be easier with the most recent buffs.  Kinda wonder if Valkyr's or Excal's ults count for that one.

2 hours ago, Nighttide77 said:

I think I get Domination and other ones sorta at random by just playing matches.  Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't.

Domination as far as I understand works as follows: You must engage an opponent who was A) not your last fought opponent (regardless if he defeated you or not) or B) your last opponent after about 2min have passed since your last engagement. You must take some damage from your opponent, but still defeat him/her.

At least that is the pattern I consistently employ to get it and seems to be the actual workings.

The focused one could be difficult, though I think getting the combo one (where you have to defeat someone with 2 or more things) might be the most difficult if you don't give some good forethought to your loadout.  

True. It's also rather hard to do initially when you don't have the holster rate mods.

Trying to get melee kills should hopefully be easier with the most recent buffs.

Depending on weapon.

Kinda wonder if Valkyr's or Excal's ults count for that one.

No, they work as Power Kills. They used to account for both but were changed mid U-18. On a similar note, using Blade Storm while sliding (as in, the ability goes off while are in slide animation) and getting a kill used to work for "Kill X while sliding" but was changed to no longer be the cast during, shockingly, Ash Revisited.

6 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Domination as far as I understand works as follows: You must engage an opponent who was A) not your last fought opponent (regardless if he defeated you or not) or B) your last opponent after about 2min have passed since your last engagement. You must take some damage from your opponent, but still defeat him/her.

At least that is the pattern I consistently employ to get it and seems to be the actual workings.

True. It's also rather hard to do initially when you don't have the holster rate mods.

Depending on weapon.

No, they work as Power Kills. They used to account for both but were changed mid U-18. On a similar note, using Blade Storm while sliding (as in, the ability goes off while are in slide animation) and getting a kill used to work for "Kill X while sliding" but was changed to no longer be the cast during, shockingly, Ash Revisited.

Gotcha.

Kinda wonder if glaive throws/kills count to melee when you are using the new hybrid system with a pistol.

1 hour ago, Nighttide77 said:

Gotcha.

Kinda wonder if glaive throws/kills count to melee when you are using the new hybrid system with a pistol.

I haven't tested but I believe that is the case, just like how Quickmelee kills count for Melee Kills.