Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please don't nerf Trin. And let me tell you why.

jazz

4 minutes ago, NotSoPure said:

Don't get me wrong, If they reworked scaling, balance and economy of enemies, damage, energy etc i would be all for balancing frames such as this. But it's not, no where even close, so i don't want to make a non-issue a forefront of discussion which would take away from resources from something else.

ill agree with that, scaleing is beyond broke in its current form. damage 3.0 was supposed to fix it but i havent heard anything new about that in a long time.

1 minute ago, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

this just in. 95% damage reduction for 30 seconds DOES NOT SCALE

Well, it doesn't, 95% will eventually fall off, thats simply maths, not even opinion. It will take longer, granted but it will still fall off, and due to really bad enemy scaling which was my point for the ENTIRE time, its a very real thing you'll soon get 1 shot even with that buff.

2 minutes ago, Viyrew said:

I wouldn't say entirely pointless, I'm in a competitive leaderboard clan and for something like the pacifist defect event, each member of our clan scoring high points were crucial for that tier for free ignis wraith + catalyst on reaching it.

Well as i said, Events are the only Exception due to their competitive nature and sometimes super-high level possibilities for the best rewards. Otherwise its just for bragging rights, to see how far you can actually get or if you find that stuff fun. But even then it won't be the actual endgame content of warframe, that's more level 100-150 ish stuff. (atleast currently it is.)

1 minute ago, Viyrew said:

I don't know if you been playing this game recently at all but bless has bee nerfed to have a cap of 75% DR.

wait what... i knew they nerfed it from 99+ to 95% but i didnt know they nerfed it down that far.

5 minutes ago, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

this just in. 95% damage reduction for 30 seconds DOES NOT SCALE

Alright, thanks for the confirmation of:

6 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Any experienced player knows this.

Since you apparently don't.

/thread indeed.

Small fun fact though: Even 95% will fall off in endurance runs. Just a bit later. So yeah, it doesn't scale...

Edited by IceColdHawk

3 minutes ago, iMalicious said:

Longer you stay the more credits, Endo and resources you're going to get and if you don't go 300+ then you're not really getting a challenge but just playing the every day Warframe. I go usually 6 hours+ as I love Endurance runs it's really the only challenge we have in Warframe right now, till maybe the new content coming.

Except you can get roughly the same amount of Credits, Endo and resources by just leaving and going back into the mission. Don't really need to go to 300+

wait what... i knew they nerfed it from 99+ to 95% but i didnt know they nerfed it down that far.

with updated info my dude, could you maybe reconsider her balance potentially?

1 minute ago, AbyssalCrow said:

Except you can get roughly the same amount of Credits, Endo and resources by just leaving and going back into the mission. Don't really need to go to 300+

It's not the point, it's about the challenge, not about being a scrub that wants an easy game. As I said endurance runs is the only challenge Warframe is offering right now.

Edited by iMalicious

1 minute ago, _A_Illuminati_A_ said:

with updated info my dude, could you maybe reconsider her balance potentially?

her energy potential is still insane compared to every other energy method out there but yes i do consider her less op than before since that is the case.

Just now, iMalicious said:

It's not the point, it's about the challenge.

And that's fine but the challenge where it's hide behind god mode, some shield, constant stun locks or some other life keeper 24/7 to not get 1 shot isn't really the funnest challenge, At least it isn't to me. If you find that stuff fun then good on you but i'm more on the side of getting loot n such without a chance for everyone to die and suddenly lose the game, I'll go for decently high levels but when people start dying very easily and revives start getting used is when i bail.

her energy potential is still insane compared to every other energy method out there but yes i do consider her less op than before since that is the case.

but if they kill her good thing , they kill her completely my dude, 75% damage reduction is really not much if it's for 1 second which is on EV build

4 minutes ago, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

Any long term knowledgeable player knows her energy refill only benefits things such as Focus Farming, Trials, and some events or long missions of Defense. If you are playing interception/survival/star chart/sorties, there should be no reason for you to bring Trinity.

EDIT: I have done The Law of Retribution without EV because they disconnected. If you rely on trinity for energy, you are doing something wrong. Nerfing trinity would just make people require pads or the next best thing to recruit. It isn't so easy when the game is balanced around power spam and there are no energy alternatives. Harrow and Limbo are the only 2 frames besides EV for energy and they just cannot keep up.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

3 minutes ago, AbyssalCrow said:

And that's fine but the challenge where it's hide behind god mode, some shield, constant stun locks or some other life keeper 24/7 to not get 1 shot isn't really the funnest challenge, At least it isn't to me. If you find that stuff fun then good on you but i'm more on the side of getting loot n such without a chance for everyone to die and suddenly lose the game, I'll go for decently high levels but when people start dying very easily and revives start getting used is when i bail.

Well then good on ya if you need loot still, honestly don't need anything but that is why in endurance runs you run with friends and set up a good team comp, what you're doing you can do with randoms who play on random frames.

Edited by iMalicious

3 minutes ago, _A_Illuminati_A_ said:

but if they kill her good thing , they kill her completely my dude, 75% damage reduction is really not much if it's for 1 second which is on EV build

fair enough. i can see that point now that i know about the 75% thing.

2 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Any long term knowledgeable player knows her energy refill only benefits things such as Focus Farming, Trials, and some events or long missions of Defense. If you are playing interception/survival/star chart/sorties, there should be no reason for you to bring Trinity.

i litterally only said i used her on defence speed run farming. idk where people are getting the idea that i use need her for every mission type but i litterally dont use her for anything aside from defense speeds, trials, or high level runs. jesus you people need to stop band waggoning this one argument.

Edited by --Shadow-Stalker--

Im glad we reached some kind of conclusion here today. Now back to my original point. Delet this thread so that DE doesn't consume more resources to this subject and hopefully aims to fix the scaling issues in the long term okthxbye.

fair enough. i can see that point now that i know about the 75% thing.

i litterally only said i used her on defence speed run farming. idk where people are getting the idea that i use need her for every mission type but i litterally dont use her for anything aside from defense speeds, trials, or high level runs. jesus you people need to stop band waggoning this one argument.

Read my edit please:

4 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

EDIT: I have done The Law of Retribution without EV because they disconnected. If you rely on trinity for energy, you are doing something wrong. Nerfing trinity would just make people require pads or the next best thing to recruit. It isn't so easy when the game is balanced around power spam and there are no energy alternatives. Harrow and Limbo are the only 2 frames besides EV for energy and they just cannot keep up.

I am not on a bandwagon, I am stating the facts.

1 minute ago, NotSoPure said:

Im glad we reached some kind of conclusion here today. Now back to my original point. Delet this thread so that DE doesn't consume more resources to this subject and hopefully aims to fix the scaling issues in the long term okthxbye.

^This. Let's fix enemy scaling first and also raid bugs because JV is really getting ridiculous at the moment.

Just now, --Q--Voltage said:

Read my edit please:

I am not on a bandwagon, I am stating the facts.

i posted before your edit and you are using the same argument that alot of others have now.. apparently based on the assumption that i need ev trin for everything. thats called "band wagon". i dont use EV trin or rely on her for anything outside the missions where i personally bring her for the team. 90% of the time im playing chroma or radial blind excal. now can we leave this false argument behind and move on with the thread or let it die? thank you.

3 minutes ago, Viyrew said:

^This. Let's fix enemy scaling first and also raid bugs because JV is really getting ridiculous at the moment.

I agree dude, lots of bugs to be considered before a rework of frames

5 minutes ago, Viyrew said:

6 minutes ago, NotSoPure said:

1 minute ago, _A_Illuminati_A_ said:

I agree dude, lots of bugs to be considered before a rework of frames

^ all of these

2 hours ago, Insizer said:

What a compelling argument.

EDIT:

I raise you my counter:

Firstly, whether a frame/weapon has been buffed/nerfed in the past has no bearing on whether they should get a buff/nerf now.

Now to use your logic:

Infinite energy IS OverPowered.  This is not debatable, anyone who has played the game for over 1000 hours can tell you that infinite energy is OP.

Man every time I see someone mention infinite energy is OP, I always refer you people to see Energy pizza spamming, Zenurik energy pool, and Arcane Energize. So tell me again how she is any different than those three? I'll wait.