Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

will old PC be able to handle it ?

TennoPain

Question

13 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

If there's a render distance option like Minecraft (out of all the things I mention, yay), I may be able to survive.

Render distance isn't the only thing. It's going to come down to CPU and how many players/mobs/etc. will be in a given area. 

Most decent GPU Radeon 5k series and later will be fine, Warframes engine graphically is well optimized. People with Dual cores/low clocked quads may run into issues with it depends on how DE handles things. 

Edited by Echoa

3 hours ago, Echoa said:

Render distance isn't the only thing. It's going to come down to CPU and how many players/mobs/etc. will be in a given area. 

Most decent GPU Radeon 5k series and later will be fine, Warframes engine graphically is well optimized. People with Dual cores/low clocked quads may run into issues with it depends on how DE handles things. 

Thanks for the info. What I'm hoping for is an option to solo which I doubt will be provided. Given loaded Relays are an issue to my computer, an entire 3km expanse just as (if not more) loaded is bad news.

Its just announced, but surely being more open world is going to hurt older PC's a bit. I am sure they will optimize it best they can to be as playable by as many as they can. Games change over time and if you can't keep up with it that is not on the developer to make sure you have the appropriate system to do so. Sounds like you would be best on a console where you dont have to worry so much about system upgrades!

There were si many open world games in the dx9 era so it shouldn't be a problem if they do it well. But Warframe is online game, so the extensive polygon count + online instances etc will cause problems for different individuals. 

For example, before the harrow update, the game was fine for me but somehow I got problem accessing relays because of how they program the relay.