Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soo, y'all seen tennocon?

Wicker-G041

If you don't like chattering then just ignore this post but for those who care lets all group together and talk a bit of what we saw, share opinions, etc.

Warframe open world? heck yeah

Fighting giant monsters? HECK YEAH!

Umbra? aye i know most people lost interest, but lets all appreciate the fact DE still did it after 2 years

The sacrifice? i got a sneaky feeling that we have to sacrifice a warframe to get Umbra, with or without weapons... or that Umbra does the sacrifice thing

Idk i'm rambling about tiny bits of big reveals, but come join us, share your thoughts.. mock me if you want :D

TennoCon was awesome, by the way. Best experience I've had in a long time. (First time being in Canada too! It's such a nice place!)

Pretty much everything that was revealed I am super excited about, but the thing I like the most is that DE is finally starting to branch out with Open World trials, and that they managed to keep this reveal under wraps until TennoCon. It was really impressive.

Since Umbra was shown at the end of TennoLive I think that it didn't hit as hard as the Plains of Eidolon reveal. And to be completely honest, the PoE looks like so much fun compared to just Umbra (even though I'm super excited for both!)
Can't wait for this update, and the opportunity to play "The Sacrifice", I'm really curious as to what will happen in that quest. Maybe some super secret new Warframe powers/functions while in Operator mode? ;) (I've always wanted Warframes that could move and be commanded to be a thing, while in Transference mode as your Operator.)

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Let me just ask this...

Excalibur Prime has simply Prime look and... 50 armor more and Madurai polarity, right?

So what about Umbra comparing with Prime? Same? If yes, there's only one frame that need Umbra and it's Excalibur.

But what about every other frames? Do they need Umbra too? Because if Umbra = Prime it's nonsense for making other Umbras.

Just now, THeMooN85 said:

Let me just ask this...

Excalibur Prime has simply Prime look and... 50 armor more and Madurai polarity, right?

So what about Umbra comparing with Prime? Same? If yes, there's only one frame that need Umbra and it's Excalibur.

But what about every other frames? Do they need Umbra too? Because if Umbra = Prime it's nonsense for making other Umbras.

I honestly don't know about that.
But I really doubt that we'll see more than just an Excalibur Umbra. Even though I would cream for a Loki Umbra, I doubt we'll get any beyond Excal, if they are basically just re-skinned Primes.

38 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

But I really doubt that we'll see more than just an Excalibur Umbra.

Impossible to say for sure at this point but I've seen snippets of rumors that it will not be just some reskin but an entirely new system.  I mean if it were just a reskin, why bother taking 2+ years to release it?  Even a cinematic quest isn't worth the wait just to reskin a frame.

I'm sure they'll be making special allowances for 'sacrificing' if it comes to that for Excal Prime since obviously not everyone has one as well.  It would be nice and quite interesting if it did require parts of vanilla frames (en masse perhaps) to construct an Umbra.

We'll just have to wait and see.

21 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Impossible to say for sure at this point but I've seen snippets of rumors that it will not be just some reskin but an entirely new system.  I mean if it were just a reskin, why bother taking 2+ years to release it?  Even a cinematic quest isn't worth the wait just to reskin a frame.

I'm sure they'll be making special allowances for 'sacrificing' if it comes to that for Excal Prime since obviously not everyone has one as well.  It would be nice and quite interesting if it did require parts of vanilla frames (en masse perhaps) to construct an Umbra.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Whatever happens, I'm just so happy I got to hear and feel the energy of the crowd at TennoCon when these reveals happened.
I'm so excited for whatever is coming! And maybe not knowing what exactly they'll do with Umbra is a good thing, keeps us guessing and waiting. :D

If it's just Excal Umbra, or a small series of Umbra Warframes. I'll be stoked either way.