Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AKbronco Prime's MR overcompensation

Fey_Yoshida

On 11.07.2017 at 2:26 AM, JaceTheHybrid said:

I have been working to get this weapon since it first came out

Wow... That's... Wow...

I'm puzzled how someone can struggle for almost 3,5 years to get something, as well as being still under MR11...

On 7/10/2017 at 8:48 PM, cookieknife said:

It's a damage powerhouse now. Use it. It's super impressive. I'm getting 20k damage (on the stats ) a shot all with 100% status pellets . It's a good weapon

11 isn't even high. Just try more weapons and don't be lazy

Aklex Prime vs Akbronco Prime.

Brakk vs Akbronco Prime.

If logic was used, Euphona Prime should be MR 21 locked, Lex and Aklex Prime should be MR 16 locked and Akbronco Prime should be MR 11 locked.

"Don't be lazy" also is kind of ridiculous as much better weapons can be acquired earlier. Akbronco Prime can still be considered MR fodder compared to a single brakk granted brakk can crit.

2 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Aklex Prime vs Akbronco Prime.

Brakk vs Akbronco Prime.

If logic was used, Euphona Prime should be MR 21 locked, Lex and Aklex Prime should be MR 16 locked and Akbronco Prime should be MR 11 locked.

"Don't be lazy" also is kind of ridiculous as much better weapons can be acquired earlier. Akbronco Prime can still be considered MR fodder compared to a single brakk granted brakk can crit.

what logic is that? mastery 11 is VERY low. just play the game Mastery rank is a sense of progression its SO obvious that stronger weapons are locked behind higher masteries because they dont want players having the strongest weapons in the game right when they start... and im not saying higher mastery = better i never stated that.

9 minutes ago, brawler58 said:

Wait it has 300 base damage?

*starts throwing plat* 

Yep, but 6 bullets and 2.3 reload is little too much for my taste.

Still I'd imagine that thing kill 145 Gunner in 1 clip with a good riven, considering it's riven disposition and all.

On 7/11/2017 at 8:42 PM, ViS4GE said:

Yep, but 6 bullets and 2.3 reload is little too much for my taste.

Still I'd imagine that thing kill 145 Gunner in 1 clip with a good riven, considering it's riven disposition and all.

Sorta. Only if you've got a god riven for it.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

Guys read between the lines.

He recently turned mr6

Argues the guns he wants should be mr6-7 (More in favor of 6) 

He's not arguin it for balance he literally just wants the guns early...

no. I actually think it should be MR 9 or something. in all seriousness.

I just began using them. I use them with a stat-build and it works really well.

The reload is a pain though. And I absolutely see most using something else over this.

As for the MR. I say it is too high. Compared to the Galatine that's mocking me in the Foundry (MR12), taking into consideration the cost and effort into making these guns it can be lowered.

And I find gaining MR by levelling weapons to be a both leangthy and boring activity. There is a reason the word "mastery fodder" was invented.

2 hours ago, arch111 said:

I just began using them. I use them with a stat-build and it works really well.

The reload is a pain though. And I absolutely see most using something else over this.

As for the MR. I say it is too high. Compared to the Galatine that's mocking me in the Foundry (MR12), taking into consideration the cost and effort into making these guns it can be lowered.

And I find gaining MR by levelling weapons to be a both leangthy and boring activity. There is a reason the word "mastery fodder" was invented.

Another reason why mastery Ranks do not have a place in WF, they are grinding for the sake of grinding.

13 hours ago, JaceTheHybrid said:

Another reason why mastery Ranks do not have a place in WF, they are grinding for the sake of grinding.

Not exactly. 

Mr do have a function to make sure new and inexperienced players do not get in over their head and potentially quit the game.

MR to restrict gear, well I think Boltor Prime is to blame. It is something to work towards,  but at the same time It's not the best way to force player investment.

For xp farmers this is not an issue for obvious reasons. 

11 hours ago, arch111 said:

Not exactly. 

Mr do have a function to make sure new and inexperienced players do not get in over their head and potentially quit the game.

MR to restrict gear, well I think Boltor Prime is to blame. It is something to work towards,  but at the same time It's not the best way to force player investment.

For xp farmers this is not an issue for obvious reasons. 

... eh... okay.. sure... but maybe the MR stuff should be held for confusing / Extremely hard to use weapons.

7 hours ago, JaceTheHybrid said:

... eh... okay.. sure... but maybe the MR stuff should be held for confusing / Extremely hard to use weapons.

Yes I agree with that. I think MR to lock content is better used for quests and enemies that require you to have certain mods and wepons.

At one time everyone was using the exact same warframe and meta weapons and it got to a point where DE had to do something. So they began using MR to limit us.

The complaint we burn through content faster than DE  can make them was another reason (they should have done a rework of the mod and scaling system, but they gave us Rivens instead).

If you want a MR lock I personally have a hard time understanding, is Syndicate weapons. Given how hard you have to work for standing, the locks of MR feels unneeded.

12 hours ago, arch111 said:

Yes I agree with that. I think MR to lock content is better used for quests and enemies that require you to have certain mods and wepons.

At one time everyone was using the exact same warframe and meta weapons and it got to a point where DE had to do something. So they began using MR to limit us.

The complaint we burn through content faster than DE  can make them was another reason (they should have done a rework of the mod and scaling system, but they gave us Rivens instead).

If you want a MR lock I personally have a hard time understanding, is Syndicate weapons. Given how hard you have to work for standing, the locks of MR feels unneeded.

I always questioned the syndicate MR locks. Made no sense.

On 7/11/2017 at 8:21 PM, WindigoTP said:

Wow... That's... Wow...

I'm puzzled how someone can struggle for almost 3,5 years to get something, as well as being still under MR11...

Im glad SOMEONE pointed this part out. If he really wanted to use akbronco he would have had it already. even given he might take a break the parts were never rare for it. hell I was selling akbronco sets for scrap and ducats. they basically single handedly afforded all of barrow if not for the lex parts.

still i dont see why the dual is so much higher than primary (or why the dual wield is a 50% mag increase instead of 2x.) Secondaries should be an optional side grade to a weapon not an upgrade (Like how lex and aklex are. I prefer single lex over prime because the overall stats are the same but I prefer the reload/accuracy over the ROF/mag. AS IT SHOULD BE. *coughcough akmagnus coughcough*

19 hours ago, Ordosan said:

Im glad SOMEONE pointed this part out. If he really wanted to use akbronco he would have had it already. even given he might take a break the parts were never rare for it. hell I was selling akbronco sets for scrap and ducats. they basically single handedly afforded all of barrow if not for the lex parts.

still i dont see why the dual is so much higher than primary (or why the dual wield is a 50% mag increase instead of 2x.) Secondaries should be an optional side grade to a weapon not an upgrade (Like how lex and aklex are. I prefer single lex over prime because the overall stats are the same but I prefer the reload/accuracy over the ROF/mag. AS IT SHOULD BE. *coughcough akmagnus coughcough*

It's because, until a year ago, I didn't know about the fact that Forma'd weapons don't give MR... also, I took a break between when I started and today.