Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open world boss??

Dreadwire

Based on that recent video 

"Plain Ef Eidolon"

So we got open world setup. With open world mission and at the end of it is a big alien thingy.

If it's actually a world boss 

how many tenno needed to take it down.

..... sorry that just me with my wild imagination 

But daamm if it's actually true

4 minutes ago, Dreadwire said:

Based on that recent video 

"Plain Ef Eidolon"

So we got open world setup. With open world mission and at the end of it is a big alien thingy.

If it's actually a world boss 

how many tenno needed to take it down.

..... sorry that just me with my wild imagination 

But daamm if it's actually true

Not sure if it was a boss for the open world and honestly I don't see that open world allowing many people with the limited amount of enemies that seem to be there, maybe a party but I can see that boss possibly being a new raid boss, I think it was just a video clip for night time saying get the f out if you want to live or stay if you want a challenge. I think the Plains will be an area where you pass the gates only your party remains with you and it becomes instanced.

Edited by iMalicious

There is a max of 4 per squad instance still in the plains. Only Cetus gets 50 players. And the intent was that you need those 4 players. And The boss does not come at the end it comes at night, there is no intended ending to the plains. You can stay there throughout multiple day/night cycles.

Edited by InDueTime-EN-

3 minutes ago, iMalicious said:

Not sure if it was a boss for the open world and honestly I don't see that open world allowing many people with the limited amount of enemies that seem to be there, maybe a party but I can see that boss possibly being a new raid boss, I think it was just a video clip for night time saying get the f out if you want to live or stay if you want a challenge.

It's not a raid boss. It's gonna spawn at night in the plains. 

2 minutes ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

It's not a raid boss. It's gonna spawn at night in the plains. 

Can you be sure of that? I don't see that boss being there every night cycle that would be kind of weird and lame, would be nice honestly if at night it can convert to a raid allowing 8 players to take on a boss every few days or once weekly.

I agree though the plains with be instanced with a party of 4, not much enemies spawn out there and with to many people would be empty.

Edited by iMalicious

4 minutes ago, Tveoh said:

Source on that?  cause i don't remember hearing anythign like that

http://www.pcgamer.com/warframe-is-getting-an-open-world-mmo-like-area-heres-everything-you-need-to-know/

How many players can be in an instance of the area at once?

The Ostron Town of Cetus is introduced to players in Plains of Eidolon and this first introduction can have 50 players in an instance. This town then leads to the Plains where combat and quests take place where you continue with your standard one to four-player squad.

3 minutes ago, iMalicious said:

Can you be sure of that? I don't see that boss being there every night cycle that would be kind of weird and lame, would be nice honestly if at night it can convert to a raid allowing 8 players to take on a boss every few days or once weekly.

Here's another quote in the pc gamer article.

You'll even be able to seamlessly equip your Archwing and fly around to support allies from above, which you'll likely need to do come nighttime. While you fight the more traditional Grineer during the day, enormous creatures called Eidolons roam the plains at night—another first for Warframe. There's a lot going on in Plains of Eidolon (including a brand new weapon crafting system, as well) and Digital Extremes tells me more Landscapes could come if players end up liking them.

Just now, InDueTime-EN- said:

So it's not even a boss just an enemy that's big, that's lame as S#&$. So much for something epic.

I have to say the planes can't even be considered open world or an mmo aspect since it only allows a squad, basically just a giant map (mission) that is endless like survival as in you can stay out there as long as you want. It's also not a full world just 3km's of it. It may get bigger but would never be a full world simply since it doesn't let you go where all other earth missions are.

Edited by GrimSoulis

Just now, GrimSoulis said:

So it's not even a boss just an enemy that's big, that's lame as S#&$.

The Eidolon will be still be a challenge featuring multiple stages. 

3 minutes ago, Tveoh said:

Did find the Twitter post.    Seems like its going to start as 4 man teams, but increase as time goes on, and the map gets bigger.  they are looking to ship it and get it into our hands to make sure we like it before going to bigger.

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/883850050912354304

I think that just means for the next versions of this mode. But for now I think its just 4 players.

Just now, InDueTime-EN- said:

The Eidolon will be still be a challenge featuring multiple stages. 

I think that just means for the next versions of this mode. But for now I think its just 4 players.

Have a feeling it will be something you can cheese through like everything else in Warframe. I've yet to get any real challenge out of the game even 7 hour+ endurance runs, gives a bit of challenge but after doing it so many times it's no longer challenging. Eidolon would have to amp it up really hard to be a challenge.

If that big creature was actually a raid though with enemies spawning ranging in the lvl 300+ it would of given a challenge but seems like it's just a big enemy(s) that spawn at night. Hope they're at least high level or difficult to kill.

Edited by GrimSoulis

if POE do same as guild wars 2 World boss spawn every an hr-4hr events it would be fun but having 5 people per instance... i don't know about that, 10-20man raid for world boss events = fun *shrug*

59 minutes ago, GrimSoulis said:

Have a feeling it will be something you can cheese through like everything else in Warframe. I've yet to get any real challenge out of the game even 7 hour+ endurance runs, gives a bit of challenge but after doing it so many times it's no longer challenging. Eidolon would have to amp it up really hard to be a challenge.

If they make the fight more mechanical, similar to Kela and Razorback fight, It would present a challenge without being easily cheesed. I just wish they make it possible to lose the fights. For some sense or urgency. I think the only indication of losing the fight from these guys is by using up all the revives which can easily be avoided by most veteran players. But they did say there were stages to the fight so there might be losing conditions in those stages. 

1 hour ago, GrimSoulis said:

So it's not even a boss just an enemy that's big, that's lame as S#&$. So much for something epic.

I have to say the planes can't even be considered open world or an mmo aspect since it only allows a squad, basically just a giant map (mission) that is endless like survival as in you can stay out there as long as you want. It's also not a full world just 3km's of it. It may get bigger but would never be a full world simply since it doesn't let you go where all other earth missions are.

Open world describes the environment, not how many players can be in one squad. It's an open world, not an MMO. There *is* a difference. Cetus is an open world, 9km^2 of it. No game has a full world. No open world game has a full planet for you to roam around on. That's impossible. Any other complaints?