Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Armor Affect Rage's Energy Generation?

Aekhon

Question

Pretty much what the title asks.  I'm working on an Excal build, and need a means of generating energy without using Energy Siphon.  Most Excal builds I have seen use Rage, but it seems to generate very little energy for me.  Do I need to dump Steel Fiber to get any kind of useful energy out of Rage or will that not matter?  Are there other ways of generating energy that I'm overlooking (aside from Rage, I only know of Energy Siphon and Zenuriik)?

Thanks!

9 answers to this question

well, the mod says "damage no healt" so it probably consider the armor, even if in the wiki there's no mention about this

anyway it could be because you try to keep your shields up so the damage to your healt is minimal, if that's the option i suggest you to equip a decaying dragon key to reduce your shields so you can get more damage on your healt

the above two answers are both correct. However do also know that, if building for an endless exalted blade, you will take less damage from the front as you auto block incoming damage when the ability is active.

You may want to consider removing Guardian from your sentinel (if being used) as a rage build is hampered by shields.
As an extension of this you may even want to consider removing shield related mods from your warframe, instead grabbing a Health Conversion mod from Simaris and maybe an Armored Agility from the lua vaults or from trade. A max level Equilibrium can be helpful too with survivability as energy orbs drop much more often than health orbs (just note that health gained from energy orbs dont trigger Health conversion stacks)

in the end when considering a rage build:
Health and Armour = good
Shields = bad

hope this helps!

4 hours ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

the above two answers are both correct. However do also know that, if building for an endless exalted blade, you will take less damage from the front as you auto block incoming damage when the ability is active.

You may want to consider removing Guardian from your sentinel (if being used) as a rage build is hampered by shields.
As an extension of this you may even want to consider removing shield related mods from your warframe, instead grabbing a Health Conversion mod from Simaris and maybe an Armored Agility from the lua vaults or from trade. A max level Equilibrium can be helpful too with survivability as energy orbs drop much more often than health orbs (just note that health gained from energy orbs dont trigger Health conversion stacks)

in the end when considering a rage build:
Health and Armour = good
Shields = bad

hope this helps!

^That sound accurate^

3 hours ago, ashrah said:

rage is not worth it i use natural talent will help u much more radial blind is  almost instant.. and rage will just get u killed.. wen u pos 3 sec to cast skill..

Spoiler

Natural Talents. maybe Excal should have a TOTAL Revamp before Umbra. Increase Range and Casting Speed, or more Health (Most Frame need) anyway (even 400 at L.30 is a good start).

And before you said they don't need it, they do, Frames with say with certain amount of Health can still get REKT/murdered bye Level 100 Juggernaut. 

Not saying Juggernaut or Frame need to be nerfed, just saying ~Squishy~.

Edited by DesFrSpace

Ooh, I did forget I have Guardian on my sentinel.  D'oh!  I'll try again without that.  I'll also look into Arcane Energize, but last I checked, Arcanes were really expensive (plus I'm constantly redoing my look, so tying me down to a single syandana or helmet is not necessarily a good idea).

Thanks for the replies, guys!

2 hours ago, Aekhon said:

...last I checked, Arcanes were really expensive (plus I'm constantly redoing my look, so tying me down to a single syandana or helmet is not necessarily a good idea)...

This is still true.  It's been a while since I checked but I believe Arcane Energize are still running around the 400-600 plat range per arcane (so 4 to 6k plat for the full set).  Though I haven't had the reason to try it myself yet if you have the standing you can buy and Arcane Distiller and move your arcane sets around that way.