Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Sargas Ruk - Please make him easier

He is the first level boss which I can't kill ALONE. Since I started to play 5 days ago I killed all bosses 1 times alone without help.

Ok, boss enemies have to be hard but it should be possible to beat him alone without help. But that's nearly impossible because you haven't scripted "waiting" to give someone time to hit his weak positions on the body. How can I hit the critical boxes when he don't standing for 1-2 Seconds on his position, after he openend his weak points? To kill him fairly you need 2 Players or more but the matchmaking on xbox one is mostly EMPTY because the number of players on european servers is to low.

I doN't want to change the mechanics... I only want more time to hit him on his damn shoulder!

Edited by (XB1)DerUnbekannteLP

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)AyersyBears said:

Take Nova, and an automatic weapon, then you should be fine. Or, switch to NA servers, because that is where everybody is if you want to do it in multiplayer.

I don't own a Nova... I'm a Valkyr main... But that's the point... I want to do it by myself. Without help ;)

This is why you should play with random squads, on most missions*. It's called a Co-op shooter for a reason.

*I do not recommend bringing random squads on Spy, Sabotage, and Rescue missions if you know what to do and what the layouts are. I would absolutely recommend building Rhino if you're having trouble surviving against odds, if you can get to the resources that is.

Soloing with Valkyr against bosses like Kril and Ruk is not recommended due to their invulnerability phases, and because of their armaments (Gorgon, Brokk, and ice powers can be evaded, but Ruk has huge flamethrower, Ruk will toast you up close; consider installing punch-through mods to reach his vulnerabilities while at safe distance).

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Valkyr use taken into account. Consider punchthrough mods.

Just now, (Xbox One)DerUnbekannteLP said:

I don't own a Nova... I'm a Valkyr main... But that's the point... I want to do it by myself. Without help ;)

Well you said you've done each boss once solo, so why not farm Nova, then do it? I'm all for playing solo if that's what floats your boat, but you can make it slightly easier on yourself with the right equipment.

1 minute ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

This is why you should play with random squads, on most missions*. It's called a Co-op shooter for a reason.

*I do not recommend bringing random squads on Spy, Sabotage, and Rescue missions if you know what to do and what the layouts are. I would absolutely recommend building Rhino if you're having trouble surviving against odds, if you can get to the resources that is.

read me second quote...

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DerUnbekannteLP said:

10 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DerUnbekannteLP said:

but the matchmaking on xbox one is mostly EMPTY because the number of players on european servers is to low.

I shouldn't have to switch the game servers just for one mission.... that's idiotic. And publishers should't force people to play specific characters just to have a great advantage in one mission against failing with others. Btw. my Valkyr is on lvl 30 full modded so it isn't the problem at my character.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)AyersyBears said:

Well you said you've done each boss once solo, so why not farm Nova, then do it? I'm all for playing solo if that's what floats your boat, but you can make it slightly easier on yourself with the right equipment.

Maybe because I don't want to play with Nova? Don't get me wrong, she's a good warframe but I LOVE melee and Valkyr is a melee based charakter. So yes, it's love on the first view ;)

Maybe because I don't want to play with Nova? Don't get me wrong, she's a good warframe but I LOVE melee and Valkyr is a melee based charakter. So yes, it's love on the first view ;)

So because you don't come prepared to the boss-fight, DE should make the fight easier? That's not how the game works. You prepare and bring what's usefull. Or you just deal with it.

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

So because you don't come prepared to the boss-fight, DE should make the fight easier? That's not how the game works. You prepare and bring what's usefull. Or you just deal with it.

I got the following tips:

• use matchmaking
  • USE RHINO!!!!
  • deal with it!

which one would works:

• USE RHINO!!!!

which one wouldn't work:

• use matchmaking (noone play this mission to this time on european servers wuth ping reduction on 300)
  • deal with it! (I deal with nothing what I don't like.)

15 hours ago, _-ASH-_ said:

1 Max Strength Frost and you can kill her without getting hit a single time....but I know what you meant.

The reworked bosses are very punishing for new players with very limited resources.

Back to topic.

I used to call myself "trinity main" when I was starting out, it's very spirited to stick with just 1 warframe on this game on all missions and all modes eventually though I started bringing optimal frames and weapons for each missions after my arsenal expanded.

If you really gonna be adamant with taking down Ruk solo and with valkyr nonetheless bring a spectre decoy make it hold it's position and let Ruk go to town with it. That way he won't be flipping around to ruin aiming with his weakpoints.

which one wouldn't work:

• use matchmaking (noone play this mission to this time on european servers wuth ping reduction on 300)
  • deal with it! (I deal with nothing what I don't like.)

How about changing your region? Btw. the ping-setting does nothing for you...
And technically you will have to deal with it one way or another.

He is indeed hard for newer players but the thing to do is be in a squad. DE is really bad at with bosses is explain what you're supposed to do. When I started the game I didn't know what to do, no one explained to me you got to shoot the the part on his body that is glowing. 

4 minutes ago, paperbagdemon said:

Back to topic.

I used to call myself "trinity main" when I was starting out, it's very spirited to stick with just 1 warframe on this game on all missions and all modes eventually though I started bringing optimal frames and weapons for each missions after my arsenal expanded.

If you really gonna be adamant with taking down Ruk solo and with valkyr nonetheless bring a spectre decoy make it hold it's position and let Ruk go to town with it. That way he won't be flipping around to ruin aiming with his weakpoints.

That's what I call a good tip. Thx ;)

1 minute ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

He is indeed hard for newer players but the thing to do is be in a squad. DE is really bad at with bosses is explain what you're supposed to do. When I started the game I didn't know what to do, no one explained to me you got to shoot the the part on his body that is glowing. 

After googling it... I know that. In my topic you can maybe read it, that I know how the fight works but I have problems with that mechanic.

20 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DerUnbekannteLP said:

Stop maining and play the demn game how it was supposed to be played.

Plus it's one thing being able to destroy all bosses even in sorties in no time as a veteran, asking to nerf regular star chat bosses because you can't destroy it on the first run alone as Valkyr is a joke.

1 minute ago, -Temp0- said:

Stop maining and play the demn game how it was supposed to be played.

Plus it's one thing being able to destroy all bosses even in sorties in no time as a veteran, asking to nerf regular star chat bosses because you can't destroy it on the first run alone as Valkyr is a joke.

I didn't ask for a nerf. I ask for a change in the AI protocols.

Don't give up that fast, take your time, try out a few things and you'll find a way to beat him... there are way harder bosses then him. No nerf needed.

I did everything solo with Valk and Dread, it's doable.

Well, as odd as it may seem to you, this game is a co-op game first and foremost. The bosses are supposed to be challenging for solo players, because playing the entire game in solo-mode is like saying "I don't need help", which is effectively what you're saying: You don't want help and don't want to adapt to certain situations by clinging onto your favourite Warframe. If bosses would be easily done solo, they'd pose no challenge at all when in co-op mode. Especially with more experienced players.

I get it though, I was "maining" at some point as well. The problem is though, that Warframes each have their own skillset that fit various situations. Frames that can go invisible are quite good for stealth, obviously. Frames like Valkyr that can go invincible for some time are obviously good for melee. The problem now is, that you can't expect to go invisible with a frame that doesn't have the skills for it. This is more or less an analogy to how you can't expect a melee, possibly low armor frame to fare well against a boss such as Tyl Regor, as he will shred you to pieces quite fast. In that case, you bring a frame that can handle enemies from a distance and have a high defensive rating.

This is just my opinion though, and this way I was able to solo almost all bosses, including Sargas Ruk. Just prepare yourself the right way and you can solo most of the game's content, even if it means to switch frames for a single mission.

Edited by Ferah_Frithu

27 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DerUnbekannteLP said:
31 minutes ago, paperbagdemon said:

Back to topic.

That's what I call a good tip. Thx ;)

Work very good. Was just a little bit.... strange. The best part for me at this boss fight: He killed himself with his "volcano columns"-Ability :D