Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Accuracy rate on primary/secondays

WarKittah

Question

Greetings All:

I am a little confuzzled...with regards to the accuracy stats on primary and secondary weapons (I have a Boltor (25 acc) and Furis(15.4 acc),  and I find myself using the Furis more at almost any range as it seems to be far more accurate than the Boltor despite, when firing it it puts out 'tracer' rounds to show you where you are shooting at, but seem to miss a lot.  Does that mean that the lower number, (15.4 vs 25) is more accurate or is it suppose to be the higher the number the more accurate the weapon is suppose to be.  I have see some weapons at 100 acc rating so, are they really accurate or really crappy?

The Boltor is at 29 and I am looking for another, more accurate (if possible) one, I have been looking at the crossbows even.

Thank you for any help!

War Kittah

9 answers to this question

Accuracy numbers are not really accurate (Non-intentional pun)
It's actually measured by a series of other numbers, such as initial sway, maximum sway, how fast it goes from initial to maximum and some other stuff, as such the accuracy number are not really true, That out of the way, yes 100 accuracy is perfectly accurate and the closer to 0 the worst it is, however, know that, usually, the difference between 100 to 90 is much greater than 30 to 20.

Edit: I should also add that boltor is a projectile gun while furis is hitscan that means boltor is inherently harder to hit with, requiring you to lead the targets and account for bullet drop

Edited by Dwolfknight

The Accuracy stat is your bullet deviation. The variation in shots from the center of your reticle.

The stat is heavy influenced by fire rate and projectile speed.

Weapons which fire slowly like a sniper can have a low accuracy and still be very accurate while weapons with a fast fire rate will spread their shots more, even if they have a higher Accuracy. Hit-scan weapons are not affected by Projectile speed however weapons like Boltor, Torrid and Panthera have varying projectile speed and the slower the projectile the more it's influenced by the Accuracy stat.

Well, if you want absolute accurate learn about which gun is the hit-scan type and which are projectile. 

It's known that any rifle with high fire rate will be less accurate than those slower rifles. It's known that any weapon with slower projectile speed will be less accurate than those with high projectile speed. The most accurate would be snipers with hit-scan "bullets".

I find that, when it comes to accuracy, recoil is the stat you want to pay attention to. (unfortunately, this stat is unlisted iirc)

Outside of secondary shotguns, which I believe use accuracy to determine the spread(primary shotguns use the 'spread' stat, which is different from accuracy), and outside of using the Heavy Caliber mod, most weapons can fire a bullet almost directly onto whatever you're aiming at. The difference, however, is recoil. When you fire your gun, it will waver a bit because of recoil(the exception is that cheaty dera, which has 0 recoil). Some weapons have strong recoil whereas on others it's negligible, and some guns have different types of recoil. The aklex prime and the seer, for example, both have incredibly strong upwards recoil that takes a relatively long time to recover from if you want to make accurate shots. Other guns have greater horizontal recoil; the reticle won't climb up your screen, but it will move from side to side. The aksomati seems to be a good example of this one.

Keep in mind, some guns just have bad accuracy; I seem to remember throwing knives/stars falling under this category, and some primaries like the tetra or supra may have bad accuracy discounting recoil as well.

Also worth noting is, some weapons, such as the mentioned boltor, are non-hitscan, or projectile weapons. Hitscan weapons have no travel time. When you click, the bullet fired travels instantly to its destination. On projectile weapons, there's a small delay due to travel time. This means that the gun is still accurate, but you may have to lead targets if you wish to hit them. Generally speaking, if there's a visible projectile, such as a dart, arrow or bolt, that the gun fires, it's probably projectile. Most bullets are hitscan.

10 hours ago, redeyedtreefrog said:

I find that, when it comes to accuracy, recoil is the stat you want to pay attention to. (unfortunately, this stat is unlisted iirc)

So true.  This is the exact reason I prefer the Akmagnus over my AkLex Prime.  The recoil on the AkLex prime is way more than the AkMagnus.  I can fire AkMagnus multiple times in rapid succession and have almost every shot hit on target.  Just can't do that with Aklex. 

Thank you all for your reply's, so would something like the Lex Prime (have BP and barrel for), be hit scan?  I have watched YouTube vids and can't tell if there is travel time.  I know it has recoil, but seems to hit very quickly.  Or my starter primary (Bolon?) is a faster firing that didn't seem to have much in the way of travel time.  I'm just trying to figure out where to go next.  Are most of the primary and secondary's damage more influenced by the mods and for example the starter primary (forgot the name Bolon?) would be better for more consistent hitting (less recoil, hit scan?) even though it has a lower base damage than the Boltor?   In other words, just because the Boltor is 'higher' on the charts than your starter doesn't make it necessarily better than an outfitted starter.  Just trying wade through all of this to get a better idea of what I should get resources for.

Thanks for any help!

War Kittah

@WarKittah
I assume you are talking about the mk1-braton if you haven't already I recommend you get it to level 30, but yes it is a hitscan weapon and while yes weapon damage is more affected by mods the mk1-braton, being a starter weapon, still will do less damage, the difference being that it is easier to control, The better weapon is the one you can use the best, that being said if you end up preferring the mk1-braton over the boltor there is also the normal braton, which is a better version of the mk1 version, the only downside is that the braton has a lower magazine size (60 to 45) and a lower accuracy (40 to 28.6).

Also if you are going to get the lex prime I recommend you get the normal lex first, since you don't have to build it, only buy from the market for 50k credits.

Only you as the player can relate the effect something like Recoil will have on your performance.

Recoil affects players differently. Some players do majority of shooting at different distances and some aim while others hip-shot.

You could generalize that something is easy to handle but not that it's more or less effective because of that.