Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven mod prices

LumfaoDiDiMau

Question

6 answers to this question

depends on a few factors:

- the type of Riven it's for: Shotgun Rivens are the most expensive in general as there are fewer Shotguns than any other weapon type, thus they are very rare and expensive.

- the weapon it's for: unpopular weapon Rivens won't sell, while Rivens for weapons that are widely used, such as Tigris Prime, are sought after. Disposition is NOT a factor when it comes to trading, because there's plenty min/maxers who want Rivens for Meta weapons to make them even stronger, even if they have a 1/5 Disposition.

- the roll it has: you have good ones and bad ones, and each weapon requires something a little different in order for it to be a "god-roll". Sniper Rivens ideally have crit chance, while Rivens for Status weapons have Status Chance and so on. bad rolls are generally a lot cheaper in plat, but you have to pay the Kuva to reroll in the hopes of something good.

- how many times it's been rolled: if the current roll is bad, and it's already had more than 10 rerolls or so (reached 3500 Kuva cap), people aren't willing to keep spending that much Kuva for a good roll, especially if like me, they are sick of the tedium of Siphon Missions. buyers ideally want a Riven with fewer rolls so that their first few tries at getting better stats won't take up all their Kuva. if you're buying a very good or top-tier roll, this isn't a factor, as you wouldn't want to change the stats it currently has.

the most important thing to bear in mind is that Trade Chat is a free market where people can charge as much as they like for whatever they like, and you'll see a few hilariously high asking prices for mediocre or bad Rivens. set a price in your head that you will pay at the most (be reasonable though), and haggle until you get what you want. if they won't budge, walk away. don't be toxic, don't tell them their price is wrong, just say no thanks and walk away. Rivens aren't essential anyways.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7
my grammar is suffering from this INFERNAL WAIT!!!

2 hours ago, Tachibana_Hibiki said:

I bought AkMagnus trash riven for 100p with an intention to roll it till it gets good stats. Probably paid too high, but I wanted a riven for my favorite secondary. 

High price rivens usually hold stats that complement augmented weapon really well.

lol... I just turned an Akmagnus riven into endo... I think you paid 10x what it would be worth at best.