Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boar prime build!

flash2victory

Question

11 answers to this question

No need for ammo mutation nad seeking fury. id add some fire rate for more fun and the blast dmg... its not rly that good, in fact its rather bad for almost all enemies (ofc it depends which fraction ur fighting) id make it gas (i like to use it for all weapons lately) or corossive/radiation

19 minutes ago, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

Needs more status 100% will do 

all four dual stats in other words.

Im just wondering why? with that amount of pellets there shouldnt be need for 100%

Edited by Raskolnikow

https://goo.gl/rh1afe

Should look like this.

5 minutes ago, Raskolnikow said:

Im just wondering why? with that amount of pellets there shouldnt be need for 100%

Because 8 pellets and 80% status chance means "when all the pellets hit there's 80% chance on average to get a single status proc" while 8 pellets and 100% status means "there'll be 8 status procs per shot".

Edited by Epsik-kun

Depends on how you wish to play it.

But the general consensus is that, Boar Prime is preferred for a 100%-status build.

This is my recommended build for you : https://goo.gl/1ZTbGy

• 4 dual stat mods for 100% status (a must)
  • Normal Point Blank is also okay if don't have Primed one
  • I left one mod slot empty for you, recommended putting Vicious Spread / Riven Mod / your choice of any mod.
Spoiler

Just in case you interested / for your reference, this is my build for the Boar Prime : 

NWF6UZX.jpg

IXKo4S6.jpg

I would not recommend using Blaze with a 100% status Corrosive + Blast build if you're shooting armored enemies.

Boar Prime has low Slash proc weight so you really need to focus on it's Corrosive proc weight if you're intention to the shred through armor. Use a 90% Toxic mod instead. If you're using a Gas build for Corpus or a straight damage build for Infested then Blaze is fine but don't use it against armor. It's going to rob you of more damage than it gives on paper.

Using Blaze will give a Corrosive proc weight of 17%. meaning and avg of 3.4 of your 19.8 pellets will proc Corrosive status. Using a 90% Toxic mod instead of Blaze gives a Corrosive proc weight of 29% meaning an avg of 5.7 of your 19.8 pellets will proc Corrosive status.  A single Corrosive status effect will improve your total damage output against armor by 20-35% and diminishes as the armor gets close to 0.

On average, your very first shot will produce more damage with Contagious Spread over Blaze because the target has less armor.

The last slot is a preference mod. Seeking Fury, Chilling Reload, Vicious Spread, Riven, Seeking Force. There's a bit to choose from.

If you can't go 100% status yet then you might as well go full damage. I don't think you'll need ammo mutation but I run Carrier so I'm not certain.

6 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Using Blaze will give a Corrosive proc weight of 17%. meaning and avg of 3.4 of your 19.8 pellets will proc Corrosive status. Using a 90% Toxic mod instead of Blaze gives a Corrosive proc weight of 29% meaning an avg of 5.7 of your 19.8 pellets will proc Corrosive status.  A single Corrosive status effect will improve your total damage output against armor by 20-35% and diminishes as the armor gets close to 0.

That is a good point alot of the discussion seems to not touch on, that fact that corrosive status effect stops becoming meaningful after the point the enemy armor is completely stripped down to 0.

What I don't know is how fast the armor diminishes as an enemy is repeatedly hit by corrosive proc.  Using your 1st example, is 3.4 corrosive pellets per shot too slow?  If it takes 3 shots to completely strip the armor vs 2 shots of 5.7 you listed in your example, then I would say it doesn't really matter and OP might as well go with Blaze as it gives a higher damage on the fourth shots onward.

Like I said I don't really know the rate armor goes down so it may or may not be relevant, anyone care to chime in?

Regards,

Edited by FAZZWARFRAME
typo

@FAZZWARFRAME

The biggest difference in required Corrosive procs to fully strip an enemy's armor is between lvl 1 and 100. You'll usually want to Focus on armor stripping for those levels above anything else since the base damage of a weapon is enough to deal with the HP values of an enemy.

After lvl 150 or so it can depend if you have damage buffs involved, There is such a thing as too much Corrosive status when weighted against Raw damage but it's mostly a Solo run thing that doesn't come up much thanks to group damage buffs. It also usually involves pure elemental weapons that tend to proc Corrosive more.

In case of Blaze Vs Contagious Spread the difference in damage output is roughly 10% which isn't too bad and considering shooting Ferrite armor from Grineer the extra Corrosive damage also ignores 75% the enemy's armor value so you're not really losing raw damage against that armor type at all.

In order to find the required Corrosive procs to fully strip armor use the Formula: Procs > 8 log10 (Initial Armor)

A fairly modest parse would be to compare a lvl 80 Elite Lancer who has a base of 200 armor scaled up to 1,979.64. This enemy will require 27 Corrosive procs to fully strip of armor. In case of Blaze, that's 8 shots if all pellets hit and 5 shots for Contagious Spread. The same Elite Lancer has  11,814 Raw HP and Boar will do about 7k per shot before armor reduction. A lvl 80 Bombard would have 4,949.10 armor requiring 30 Corrosive procs for 6 shots at 23,628 Raw HP, 6 shots being 42k potential damage before armor. So in both cases the damage output is not really in question. It's the armor. 

You can find the info on enemy scaling formulas and Corrosive formulas on the wiki:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Enemy_Level_Scaling

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Corrosive

7 hours ago, Xzorn said:

@FAZZWARFRAME

The biggest difference in required Corrosive procs to fully strip an enemy's armor is between lvl 1 and 100. You'll usually want to Focus on armor stripping for those levels above anything else since the base damage of a weapon is enough to deal with the HP values of an enemy.

After lvl 150 or so it can depend if you have damage buffs involved, There is such a thing as too much Corrosive status when weighted against Raw damage but it's mostly a Solo run thing that doesn't come up much thanks to group damage buffs. It also usually involves pure elemental weapons that tend to proc Corrosive more.

In case of Blaze Vs Contagious Spread the difference in damage output is roughly 10% which isn't too bad and considering shooting Ferrite armor from Grineer the extra Corrosive damage also ignores 75% the enemy's armor value so you're not really losing raw damage against that armor type at all.

In order to find the required Corrosive procs to fully strip armor use the Formula: Procs > 8 log10 (Initial Armor)

A fairly modest parse would be to compare a lvl 80 Elite Lancer who has a base of 200 armor scaled up to 1,979.64. This enemy will require 27 Corrosive procs to fully strip of armor. In case of Blaze, that's 8 shots if all pellets hit and 5 shots for Contagious Spread. The same Elite Lancer has  11,814 Raw HP and Boar will do about 7k per shot before armor reduction. A lvl 80 Bombard would have 4,949.10 armor requiring 30 Corrosive procs for 6 shots at 23,628 Raw HP, 6 shots being 42k potential damage before armor. So in both cases the damage output is not really in question. It's the armor. 

You can find the info on enemy scaling formulas and Corrosive formulas on the wiki:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Enemy_Level_Scaling

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Corrosive

thanks