Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Prime Phoenix Renewal/Support Build

Circle_of_Psi

Question

7 answers to this question

I would recommend: 

Growing Power                             Power Drift

Primed Continuity             Intensify                       Rage                     Streamline

Transient Fortitude           Fleeting Expertise         Phoenix Renewal          Vitality

I am too lazy to check my builds (plus I mainly run a magic carpet/renewal build), so I will assume the above build is good, and just say screw growing power, Corrosive Projection is life. Be a good teammate (unless you are fighting corpus, then Shield Disruption, and enemy radar for infested :))

I have a build which is pretty much exactly that. I don't show the variant in this video, but in the Natural Talent/Rage slot I have Phoenix Renewal in the version which I actually currently use most. https://youtu.be/7TCaU3EtTxs

If that isn't the sort of build you had in mind, I have quite a few other options which I think could fit the bill. I just need to put all of the pics on Imgur or something, which I probably should have done a long time ago.

(And the link seems to not be working. IDK of it's just my tablet or what. In case you can't see it, the mods are Primed Continuity, Phoenix Renewal (or a mod for a different variant), Streamline, Fleeting Expertise, Stretch, Overextended, Intensify, and Transient Fortitude. Corrosive Projection is also a must, because it's an armor removal build.)

Edited by (PS4)Darth-Escar

4 hours ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

@(PS4)Darth-Escar I've been meaning to ask you, how do you like the rework to Oberon?

Oh, I'm loving it. The better Renewal and the armor removal are what make it, and then that goes along with some really nice other bonuses. The Annihilator builds are essentially each 2 of my 3 best 3 old builds combined, and that goes along with the other bonuses from the rework. I only have 2 real issue, being Hallowed Ground still causing too much lag. If I cast Reckoning then immediately cast Hallowed Ground, there's still too much of a delay after casting it for it to take effect and let me do other stuff, so I can actually get hit from enemies I just knocked down, because I can only move for a couple of seconds after casting HG. The other thing being how there's a similar drawback to impact and electricity procs, still. They override the knock down, so enemies can get a faster recovery from them. That's pretty bad, considering how Smite is now such a good damage source, and it impact procs. There's also an issue with ancient buffs being buggy when the ancients are irradiated, although the buffs should be canceled out completely. It's really odd, and I made a bug report of it, a few months ago. The rework itself is very good by design, but there are those 3 technical issues directly in the way of its full potential.

That actually ties into my last post, where I said I use the Phoenix Renewal version of my main build now. My usual method to survive is just to not get hot, while I have alternatives for other players, whoprobably can't really do that like I do. The technical issues make that only practical for me against Grineer, and to some degree, Corpus, if I can avoid the invincible enemy glitch. There's quite a lot to explain about these bugs, but I can only go so off topic in this thread.

So basically, the only issue is technical issues making CC not as reliable for survivability as it used to be, in most cases. The issues mainly only affect me, because of how much I use Oberon, and my usual play style, but they shouldn't affect other players nearly as much. Unfortunately, that mean I may have a long wait before they're fixed, and go back to how I enjoy playing the most.