Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission level set by player

Hello.

This post is about the upcoming Chains of Harrow update on consoles. I know that PC already has it. 

As much as I am excited to see Earth remastered, I am saddened that playing on Earth is no longer satisfying. 

I am a high(er) level player (MR 16) and have most of the frames and plenty of mods to make them the best murder machines in the origin system and be able to come home to my liset safe and sound AND covered in blood.

Unfourtunately, this means that I can bring just about whatever I want to Earth and turn the forest into a scene that would make Stephen King proud.

So here is my suggestion: Allow us to change the level of a mission.

A good way to regulate this would be to make sure only a certain set of people can do this. Lets just say you have to have all nodes on the planet in question unlocked and you have to be at least MR 8 (The same MR requirement necessary to enter the Orcus Relay on Pluto on Xbox). This way you can set the level of the enemies to something high enough to be a challenge. This would allow players to experience the Earth tileset remaster and still enjoy being there. Another restriction is that you can't set the enemy level BELOW what it already is. This keeps people from going to Pluto and running Heiracon Solo with an OK Ember build.

I love the Earth tileset and would love to see it more.

22 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

This would ensure new players would never even have a chance of playing with veteran players. Is this an acceptable outcome?

Actually, it is, I always solo low-level missions because I don't want to "destroy" new players experience by obliterating everything on the map

44 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

This would ensure new players would never even have a chance of playing with veteran players. Is this an acceptable outcome?

This is just another good point of this idea.

It means low level players will no longer find high mastery players to destroy they new experience by rushing and OS everything.

On 7/22/2017 at 9:00 AM, peterc3 said:

This isn't entirely true. New players can still go to relays and the chats to find more experienced players. And there are plenty of higher level players that don't mind and may even enjoy helping new players, myself included. 

On 7/22/2017 at 9:23 AM, Dwolfknight said:

Actually, it is, I always solo low-level missions because I don't want to "destroy" new players experience by obliterating everything on the map

And on this point, some new player may not believe this to ruin or destroy their experience. Yes if it keeps happening it would get old quite fast, but happening once may just show a newer player all the awesome power that they can achieve. That's how I viewed my first run in with a MR 10+. I saw what they could do and it amazed me. And I'll be honest, I never thought I'd make it that far. But here I am. Though most new players won't see it the way I did. 

Edited by (XB1)VampireQueen375