Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player which warframe best for sorties

Godsmackup

Question

All of them.

Except Spy.  Use Loki.

And once you learn the spy missions, do them solo.  If you don't, some rhino in a pub is going to trigger the last alarm on a sortie and say "What happened?  I never trigger the alarms" while you curse and reload the sortie.  Of course, some joker is going to reply "Well, I can play any warframe and never trigger the alarms" so I'm not talking about you, am I?

Play the spy missions solo.  Save yourself the grief. 

Edited by Troll_Logic

2 minutes ago, Jobistober said:

What he said ^

All frames are sortie viable. The true skill of Warframe lies in how you mod your gear.

Can you give me some recommend mods and weapons? I only have Excalibur at the moment

1 minute ago, Urlan said:

Loki is a safe bet for any sneakiness you might need to do. If you have a favorite warframe, it will likely be capable with enough modding and decent weapons. What options are you looking at?

Excalibur boltor Lato skana

loki can allow you to do many of the sorties in pubs, but i reccomend it only for spy (but you can also use ivara+infiltrate or ash if you have one of them), rescues and sabotage, the missions where you don't have to kill people. For the other kind of mission (even if you can be in permastealth in defense and surv) i suggest a tank wf with cc, that could be a frost or a rhino, so your teammates don't have to revive you every second and even if you are not the top damage you are still helping your team

Cool, Excalibur can be modded to be a solid option for most any mission. Try to start with the basic mods Vitality, Redirection, Streamline, Flow, Intensify, Stretch, Continuity, and your favorite aura and exilus mods - Energy Siphon, Growing Power, or Corrosive Projection are popular aura while Power Drift would help on the power strength front with your Exilus. For the weapons, you can just go the tried and true, pile raw damage and elementals on them starting out or if available find your favorite combo of conditional mods like Acolyte and the new status related mods.

1 minute ago, Godsmackup said:

Can you give me some recommend mods and weapons? I only have Excalibur at the moment

What MR are you? If you haven't done the requisite quests like Second Dream and War Within, you're a ways off before you can do Sorties.

As a new player, your most accessible "tank" frame (without spending money) is going to be Rhino. Farm Jackal (Venus I think) for his parts and get to Phobos so you can acquire the plastids necessary to build him. The Hek, Tigris, Soma, and Marelok are all good weapons that can carry you well into the game and are available at low MR and shouldn't cost too much to build.

Mods: Serration, Point Blank, Hornet Strike. Crit chance/crit damage mods. You should look to get all the elemental mods you can, focusing on Corrosive as your main elemental (Toxin + Electricity). Dual stat elemental damage + status mods are great for boosting status weapons.

2 minutes ago, Fiftycentis said:

loki is the masterrace!!!

That's what makes him trash, this has seriously got to stop please. His only good skill is 3, and I can't tell you enough I'm getting sick of having to rez every single Loki I run into when they think they're hot stuff :facepalm:

Edited by Hawk_of_the_Reborn
Spelling corrections

2 minutes ago, Jobistober said:

What MR are you? If you haven't done the requisite quests like Second Dream and War Within, you're a ways off before you can do Sorties.

As a new player, your most accessible "tank" frame (without spending money) is going to be Rhino. Farm Jackal (Venus I think) for his parts and get to Phobos so you can acquire the plastids necessary to build him. The Hek, Tigris, Soma, and Marelok are all good weapons that can carry you well into the game and are available at low MR and shouldn't cost too much to build.

Mods: Serration, Point Blank, Hornet Strike. Crit chance/crit damage mods. You should look to get all the elemental mods you can, focusing on Corrosive as your main elemental (Toxin + Electricity). Dual stat elemental damage + status mods are great for boosting status weapons.

Thank you I am only Mr 4 hence what I said I am not ready I am just looking for advise to gear towards it

4 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

That's what makes him trash, this has seriously got to stop please. His only good skill is 3, and I can't tell you enough I'm getting sick of having to rez ever single Loki I run into when they think they're hot stuff :facepalm:

yeah, i was kidding, btw the invisibility is the 2, the 3 is the switch teleport (and the disarm is useful too), the problem is that his kit comes from when in wf cc where something, now other than sorties you have no reasons to fight lvl100+ enemies and use cc wf because you can shot anything

and i hate those lokis too, as i hate the mirages that use the spamulor and go face to enemies and die, die, die, die again... that's why i bring tank wf in those mission, if i want to bring loki in a surv i'l do it solo so you can't draw aggro with me between you and the enemies shooting at you

i mean, i die more with nezha because i don't notice that my halo wears down than i do with loki

Edited by Fiftycentis

1 minute ago, Godsmackup said:

Thank you I am only Mr 4 hence what I said I am not ready I am just looking for advise to gear towards it

I hear ya. My only other advice would be to not rush towards Sorties, because you will miss a lot of the frames, weapons and mods along the way and could find yourself frustrated or overwhelmed by the quick increase in enemy difficulty. Take your time as you progress through the star chart and complete quests as you are able to. Try as many different weapons and warframes out as you can and get an idea of what you like and don't like. Make friends, join a clan and play as a squad. If you find yourself getting stuck or frustrated, start with your mod configurations and ask questions if you are not sure.

I'd guess by the time you can participate sorties, you have accumulated enough stuff (different frames/weapons/mods, completing planets and learning how to play different missions :)

I might have bad habit of using Loki in majority of missions (excluding defences, excavations and similar)...solo mostly because crossfire and other reasons mentioned earlier ;)

When I started some time ago, Excalibur and Rhino were my only frames up until mr10 or so...solid frames for most of the missions indeed.

Since sortie missions are random, it depends a lot. Someday you might need to uses 3 different frames, some other days you can use the same for all 3. 

31 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

That's what makes him trash, this has seriously got to stop please. His only good skill is 3, and I can't tell you enough I'm getting sick of having to rez every single Loki I run into when they think they're hot stuff :facepalm:

Sounds more like a player problem. Loki is the master race... Gotta know how to use him.

1 minute ago, Stoner74 said:

Since sortie missions are random, it depends a lot. Someday you might need to uses 3 different frames, some other days you can use the same for all 3. 

Sounds more like a player problem. Loki is the master race... Gotta know how to use him.

Sense people keep on posting about Loki and ivara which is the easier to get

54 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

All of them.

Except Spy.  Use Loki.

Exactly, nailed it in the first comment, use whatever your comfortable with, whatever you like, because that's what your going to play best with.

But the spy's are stupid hard without a cloaking loki

Just now, Godsmackup said:

Sense people keep on posting about Loki and ivara which is the easier to get

Loki hands down. You can get him by farming Hyena pack boss on Neptune. Ivara is a complete pain the the *** to get. You have to farm her parts in spy missions.