The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Is Now Dull , And Not Rewarding Enough . Get A Squad For A Far More Easy Game.

Parias-Ilota

I said this earlier but I guess you people simply have no capacity for understanding, THIS GAME IS NOT MADE FOR SINGLEPLAYER! If you want a singleplayer experience, go elsewhere and stop clogging the forums with useless threads trying to get the devs to reshape the entire focus of this game which is COOPERATIVE GAMEPLAY.

I was able to solo every level in the game with Kunai in build 8.  I presume that going back some time into the development (pre Kunai) you could still do it one way or another.  As of build 9, its no longer possible.

So, I think perhaps you might want to re-evaluate your position on this.  The game was solo-able, the game is more fun solo (read more challenging) and its slower solo making solo players MORE likely to pay for items to shortcut grind than co-op players.

DE has a reason to make the game solo friendly and were actively involved in keeping it that way... build 9 is an aberration.

While using your Warframe's ultimate does clear large amounts of enemies in the noob zones, it is a lot less powerful against high level enemies. I don't know if you stay in level 1-15 zones constantly, but I can certainly tell you that there is a lot more to killing high level stuff in Warframe than pressing 4. The 4 key doesn't win missions, teamwork does.

Also on the subject of Snowglobe. The ONLY way to make it so Rhino, the other tanking Warframe, gets all the aggro from all the mobs in the area as long as Iron Skin is up, which would make the new changes to Iron Skin worthless. I don't think you guys understand this is a CLASS BASED game. When you have a Tank, 2 DPS, and a Support, you will win. The problem is out of the two tanks, Frost and Rhino, Frost is the only one with a reasonable defensive measure and can protect an area with Snowglobe since there is no ability to pull all the aggro. Rhino is a tank and is not a DPS Warframe even though everyone seems to think it is and treats it as such. However, you can't win a defense misison with just a Frost, you need at least a Vauban and Nova/Nyx/Sayrn/Ember/whatever to wipe up the mobs.

I said this earlier but I guess you people simply have no capacity for understanding, THIS GAME IS NOT MADE FOR SINGLEPLAYER! If you want a singleplayer experience, go elsewhere and stop clogging the forums with useless threads trying to get the devs to reshape the entire focus of this game which is COOPERATIVE GAMEPLAY. When you complain about the amount of enemies, the inability to defend the objective in Endless Defense with 1-2 players, the insanity of Mobile Defense with 1-2 players, and how hard it is to solo high level content, you are missing the entire point of the game. I love this game as a cooperative game and there are tons of other players that do, and it is a pretty damn well made one. All the complaining going on here and in any past or future thread is making the game WORSE off than what it should be. Granted, difficulty could be scaled better depending on the number of players, however even though it is a challenge with less than the ideal 4 player group, it is doable.

A previous poster said it exactly as he should have. ""Instead of complaining about not being able to solo, complain about not being able to co-op better." This is what people should be posting about, a better way to get people into coop rather than allowing them to think that Soloing the game is somehow an option given the current difficulty levels, which should not change and IMO needs a bit more of a buff. This is something the devs will really need to figure out because just making the game cooperative only is not the way to deal with it, its making certain missions coop only, like defense missions, so that people can actually complete them. I think this leads into a whole different direction than the original post though. In the end, the game is definitely harder than it used to be, but it is still a cakewalk for veteran players, but it seems that some people don't understand the fundamentals of Warframe.

The problem here is that while it is co-op game, it has no enemy variation. I'd like to see something a bit different than "you take the 100 guys on the left, and I'll take the 100 on the right." That is the definition of "fake challenge". I'd like to see the snipers as actual snipers, heavies as the occasional support unit and other mooks that vary between different traits/skills/approach to encounter. Not just a garbled mass of 27 heavy gunners and 9156852347 not heavy mooks.

Why do you people defend fake challenge? Wouldn't you rather out-smart or out-maneuver your opponents, then just out-last or out-gun them? Why does it bring you so much joy, to not overload your think-pan too much and stick to a simpleton level of thinking!? "Urgh. Guy appear! Shoot! 5 more guy appear! Run and shoot!"

And before any of you go burying me in a sea of spiteful, and stupid comments, let me tell you, that I welcome challenge. I do not fear to try a nightmare mode boss run, even if I know that I'll fail, and I try to do everything solo at first, because it is more challenging than group runs. But it is horribly unbalanced against a soloer. what I want to see is quality (and variation) over quantity.

End of rant.

I completely agree with OP. The game is turning into Gears of War, just add the cover system and we are there. The game requires you to use only the best weapons.

I am currently leveling Trinity with Latron Prime (25 rank) and I wasted whole revive points before rage quiting the game. It is hard to have good experience when they kill you in 2 seconds - and I am not kidding. My latron simply cannot match the firepower of the enemies. And FYI I was fighting against corprus, where just two moas reduced me to ashes within two seconds. And the grineer are even worse with their auto aim hit-scan weapons.

Only faction I like to fight now are Infested, because they do not shoot. But god forbid if even a single charger catches you. Their 300 damage attack at lover levels really hurts.

The game became frustrating and no fun at all.

I stopped reading when I realized the first half of the OP was LIKE THIS!

WHY DOES EVERYBODY NEED TO TRY TO MAKE THEIR POINT IN ALL CAPS?

Says the guy with his name in caps... :D

Anyways, that is a stupid way to try and prove something, since louder (bigger) is rarely smarter or more logical. a valid point can be given with normal words and punctuation, if you have the mental capacity.

anyways, what i`d like to say in conclusion - I AM RIGHT, AND ALL OF YOU CAN GO AND SUCK A HARD ONE, BECAUSE CAPS PROVES THAT I`M THE SMARTEST GUY AROUND!

I am a little bit confused, because I solo'd the Orokin Reactor alert recently - 15 waves of Corpus, starting at ~40, ending at ~60.

Frost Prime 30 (no tater/forma), Hek 30 (tater), Seer 21 (no tater/forma), Prova 25 (no tater/forma). 665 kills.

I am a little bit confused, because I solo'd the Orokin Reactor alert recently - 15 waves of Corpus, starting at ~40, ending at ~60.

Frost Prime 30 (no tater/forma), Hek 30 (tater), Seer 21 (no tater/forma), Prova 25 (no tater/forma). 665 kills.

I honestly don't know either, I was running around with a level 6 Vauban (potato only) in Ceres with level 20 weapons and managed to complete missions solo without burning revives. Maybe DE should add an easy mode where enemies are killed in one hit so some players can savour kills after clearing a room using spray n pray?

If you are viewing this game as a solo game, then you may as well not play at all since it was designed as cooperative.

Lastly, why are you playing a coop game solo?

Why do you think did DE put a solo mode in the game?

like a tactical grineer squad. 2 ballistas offering some cover to a grineer assault team leaded by a Grineer Comander . that S#&$ would be serious. im not joking here.

That won't be a challenge until they remove "press 4 to win" from the game.

That won't be a challenge until they remove "press 4 to win" from the game.

For that there are some war simulators and such, as call of duty, and battlefield. There might be more but i don't really like that kinda game.

You can try Borderlands for a more loot focused game that might be a bit hard.

I enjoy the "Solo" option when I farm.  It allows me to take my time and open lockers, destroy the containers, and kill the map thoroughly for the resources that I farm for.

When I would like company, I play in "Private" mode, so my clan mates and my friends can just pop in and just chill with me.  This happens frequently, especially when they know I am farming Nightmares as Hammer Shot is still escaping me.

I really do not play "Online" mode anymore unless I want to play with random players that don't talk at all and you have to depend on them to partner up and unlock particular doors.  I see a lot of players give up on some of the new Grineer maps due to the requirements of wall running/jumping requirements.  I enjoy the fact that it takes at least some coordination of your key strokes to get past a map's environment other than running room to room.

When I do defense, mobile defense, or the tier 3 of the void exterminates/raids/capture, I will put together a group from my clan or friends and the co-op is quite real as most of us will get on Ventrilo and shoot the proverbial sh1t while we light up our targets and ensure no one is left behind.

You can't have co-op in a game and expect people to just meld with random players effectively.  A static group or a consistent contacts group can introduce real co-op play, but that even takes a little time or coordination based upon who wants to bring what frame or level which weapon.

If I like the way you play and you seem open to conversation, I will add you to my contacts list and I typically will call players randomly in if I cannot recruit from my clan roster.

When I first started playing WF, I was able to get through content "OK" even when the content was measurably "easier".  I joined a clan and did a lot of co-op with them to get more experience, learn more about frames, and get the mods I need or the excess mods to upgrade the "key" mods. 

I flew with the flock until I could fly on my own...

WindHorse

Quantum Entanglement 

You can't use the excuse this isn't a solo game, getting a match for anything other than defence or alert is near enough impossbile (my internet might be partially to blame but even so), so for those of us that haven't unlocked every mission yet you have to do it solo, which although easier with better weapons is not so easy with say a level 0 excalibur with an mk1 braton.

Frost Prime 30 (no tater/forma), Hek 30 (tater), Seer 21 (no tater/forma), Prova 25 (no tater/forma)

Frost Prime

Frost

Nuff said.

You can't use the excuse this isn't a solo game, getting a match for anything other than defence or alert is near enough impossbile (my internet might be partially to blame but even so), so for those of us that haven't unlocked every mission yet you have to do it solo, which although easier with better weapons is not so easy with say a level 0 excalibur with an mk1 braton.

This is pretty much what this thread is about, to Alert the

Devs about this issue for SOME gamers, not all.

To be hard core and wish the problem away does nothing

For the rest of us.

Why does this bother some ppl so much?

For the rest of us.

I don't understand it either.

Hardcores have their Pluto and their Void3 and their High-Wave Defense.

I don't understand why they care so much about making the early-to-middle game a slice easier for people to get up to those ridiculous mod levels.

If they don't like the easy planets, they don't have to do them.

"OMG MERCURY IS TOO EASY!" .....well, uh, don't go there? There's nothing there a hardcore needs other than maybe Seer. And even then, Seer is just for mastery points anyways, because it is hardly an endgame gun.

Edited by Xylia

I have both bps for frost prime, and banshee.

ill be damned if im forced to build frost in order to be "good" at the game.

Cause thats what it looks like to a beginner like me.

Advice?

Advice? Uh...

1). Build Frost anyways...

2). Make friends with someone who has Frost..

3). Pray they change this crap so Frost isn't required for high level Defense..

Dunno what other advice to give you.

Other than, make a Vauban or Nova.

For the rest of us.

In my mind, being able to solo is a reward of the game by putting time into your Tenno.  Does the more casual player see this perspective or even the "not so casual"?

If you want to solo up front on all planets, this seems like a desire to get to the reward without putting time in either by working with others or paying your "dues" of not having it easy?

I would say the issue is outside of the game and not as much as the game changers.  The expectation of players has changed and people are reluctant to change when they had finally reached a point where they are comfortable.  People have varying degrees of the acceptance of change, patience with adversity, and reach their comfort levels at different rates.

I am not sure a hotfix or an update will impact how a player adapts to change in their real life.  It could offer a temporary solution to satisfy certain portions of the player base, but these change are not guranteed to prevent this type of reaction again in the future. 

The game is in beta with some features in alpha stages.  Let us for a moment not get into the beta debate (whether it truly is or not) and step back and remember the game is meant to change a lot right now and sometimes that means reverting back to a better idea or figuring out what does not work.  They (DE) are experimenting and have shown us on many occassions that they do take the forums seriously for user feedback as both a litmus for problems and as a place for constructive criticism (when offered). 

Change is a constant.  Through change, we grow and adapt along with DE.  I hope everyone can find their equilibrium on this and continue to find ways to enjoy the genre.  DE is not perfect and neither are we.

WindHorse

Quantum Entanglement

I agree, it honestly feels weird having to rely on your god damn invisible skill because everything destroys a Loki. It's not that i'm complaining about it, but it doesn't feel, "action-packed" compared to the days where i'd use decoy and send enemies into a hurl of mental constipation. Nope, they had to remove that signature option by nerfing enemy attention span towards decoys. Loki is now just a lower form of ash, more or less an entry level assassin, rather than a saboteur. 

If you want to solo up front on all planets, this seems like a desire to get to the reward without putting time in either by working with others or paying your "dues" of not having it easy?

I've never, ever said I wanted to solo all planets or all missions.

I do, however, want Newbies to be able to solo-farm their materials to make their own weapons and warframes, because more often than not, when you join any random PUG, you get far more rushers than you do explorers/looters.

Therefore, farming materials in random PUGs does not work very well.

That is why newbies need to be able to reliably solo the following planets:

Mercury

Venus

Earth

Saturn

Jupiter

Mars

Europa

Ceres, Sedna, Eris, Pluto? Not such a big deal if it is extremely difficult to solo those until you get awesome gear. The above list allows you to solo-farm any crafting material and gives you a wide-enough range to attempt to farm mods too.

I don't understand why hardcores are complaining about the idea of reducing the challenge (in Solo Mode Only) of Mercury to Europa and leaving the "Big 4" planets the way they are currently. Hardcores still have Void 3, Hardcores still have the "Big 4", and High Wave Defense is always hard.

EDIT: Add Neptune to the list of planets that are not really needed to be solo-friendly. I somehow forgot about it.

Edited by Xylia

I've never, ever said I wanted to solo all planets or all missions.

I did not infer that you did.  I was addressing your question of why people are making a big deal about this. 

My goal was to broaden the topic and get people out of the mire of individual complaints and look at the game and themselves from a different perspective.  I feel people are not seeing the forest for the trees.

WindHorse

Quantum Entanglement

I did not infer that you did.  I was addressing your question of why people are making a big deal about this. 

My goal was to broaden the topic and get people out of the mire of individual complaints and look at the game and themselves from a different perspective.  I feel people are not seeing the forest for the trees.

WindHorse

Quantum Entanglement

Ahh.

Alright, fair enough.

I'm more concerned about the hardcores insisting that the Newbie Experience be akin to having your teeth pulled without anesthesia.

Newbies need a good gentle curve climb up to the more challenging stuff. Right now, it is a small curve and then a huge leap up a cliff.

Right now, the game starts you off on Mercury where things are so-so. Get to Tolstoj and if Tolstoj is Cryo and you're not Mag then it is "OMG HOW DO YOU DO THIS!?" if you're some Excalibur or Loki with <80 shields in a Lv6-8 area trying to kill your first boss.

Should you fail at that a few times but finally get through him, you go to Venus, and you have a so-so time in there, then you get to Earth and the very first mission throws Napalms at you -- guys who hit you through walls who have unavoidable attacks. Get close to one, WHAM, down you go and you are likely dead (because you're still quite squishy by then).

About halfway through Earth and you're going "....wtf is with this...." when you are still using the same guns you started with (depends on whether or not you did a lot of wiki homework and discovered the Orthos is build-able with Mercury/Venus resources), because the materials you need for anything else are all past Earth.

Edited by Xylia