The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does mirage 3 works

Lulumacia

Question

Hello there! can someone help me ? I do not understand how mirage 3 works in the light. i've builded my warframe in order to reach almost 600% damages increases and tested it on a non armored low leveled guy while the buff were on (so it's not because i was in the dark)

It seems the damages have up less than double... i don't understand. how does it work?

11 answers to this question

6 hours ago, shikaisenkei said:

Hello there! can someone help me ? I do not understand how mirage 3 works in the light. i've builded my warframe in order to reach almost 600% damages increases and tested it on a non armored low leveled guy while the buff were on (so it's not because i was in the dark)

It seems the damages have up less than double... i don't understand. how does it work?

You only get the damage bonus when you are shining. This game has problems with showing wheres exactly "light".

Firstly, this is not feedback to the devs, and as such does not belong in any feedback subforum.  Rather this thread is a request for help from the community and belongs in the Players Helping Players Subforum.

Now onto your question:

In the wiki it said that the magnitude of the buff, as well as the buff type of her 3rd ability is determined by environmental lighting.  So I guess it wasn't light enough?

On a side note, it says that the damage from Prism also depends on whether she is in a lighted area or an unlighted area.

Edited by Insizer

6 hours ago, Insizer said:

Firstly, this is not feedback to the devs, and as such does not belong in any feedback subforum.  Rather this thread is a request for help from the community and belongs in the Players Helping Players Subforum.

Now onto your question:

In the wiki it said that the magnitude of the buff, as well as the buff type of her 3rd ability is determined by environmental lighting.  So I guess it wasn't light enough?

On a side note, it says that the damage from Prism also depends on whether she is in a lighted area or an unlighted area.

First of all *3 sassy snaps*

It could be feed back if he was pointing out that mirages buffs are wonky due to lighting in game

---> in response to your answer "so i guess it wasnt light enough?"

What does that even mean?

Wwhhhaaaattttt eeeeevvvvvvveeeeennn.

12 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Okay, okay, chill babe, I got this.

Now, the comment 'I guess it wasn't light enough' is actually kind of right.

This goes to the OP too here; Mirage has always had issues on whether she's standing in a light area or a shadow area. The game does not actually have very good definition of it as the lighting is relative volumetric, but the buff is either on or off.

So what you have to do is look at the character model itself, the difference between a light area and a shadow area is defined purely on whether the model has a glowing energy effect for light or a shadowy hazy effect for dark.

Also to OP, raw damage is an interesting process, because it's never just the damage you're dealing, it's the enemy you're hitting. Even a lower level enemy with armour can reduce damage against it by a significant factor, and there are some damage types that deal -25% damage against a certain armour or enemy type too.

So when you're using the 600% damage buff, what you're actually getting is base weapon damage, multiplied by (1 + ability Multiplier x modded power strength) Which in this case would be... okay, say your gun does 250 damage, that's 250 x(1 + 6 x 1.99) = 250 x 12.94 = 3235. That's pretty good, right? Except you then take off armour mitigation and damage type mitigation.

If an enemy has Alloy Armour and you're using Slash as your main type of damage you have -50% damage to work with because Slash has less effect on Alloy Armour, meaning that 3235 gets cut in half and rounded down to 1618 damage right away. If you count in the Armour Bonus itself, you're also reducing that original total damage by... let's see, on a level 30 Bombard, that's 1248 Armour which is a reduction to 80% damage taken (that's -20%) So you're having your total damage reduced again by 20% to 1294.

In other words, at level 30, a Bombard will reduce your boosted damage by up to 65% depending on what damage you're actually dealing. You need to make sure your weapon is also modded for attacking that enemy, otherwise your 600% damage increase becomes only a 210% damage bonus.

5 hours ago, Thaylien said:

This goes to the OP too here; Mirage has always had issues on whether she's standing in a light area or a shadow area. The game does not actually have very good definition of it as the lighting is relative volumetric, but the buff is either on or off.

So what you have to do is look at the character model itself, the difference between a light area and a shadow area is defined purely on whether the model has a glowing energy effect for light or a shadowy hazy effect for dark.

Also to OP, raw damage is an interesting process, because it's never just the damage you're dealing, it's the enemy you're hitting. Even a lower level enemy with armour can reduce damage against it by a significant factor, and there are some damage types that deal -25% damage against a certain armour or enemy type too.

So when you're using the 600% damage buff, what you're actually getting is base weapon damage, multiplied by (1 + ability Multiplier x modded power strength) Which in this case would be... okay, say your gun does 250 damage, that's 250 x(1 + 6 x 1.99) = 250 x 12.94 = 3235. That's pretty good, right? Except you then take off armour mitigation and damage type mitigation.

If an enemy has Alloy Armour and you're using Slash as your main type of damage you have -50% damage to work with because Slash has less effect on Alloy Armour, meaning that 3235 gets cut in half and rounded down to 1618 damage right away. If you count in the Armour Bonus itself, you're also reducing that original total damage by... let's see, on a level 30 Bombard, that's 1248 Armour which is a reduction to 80% damage taken (that's -20%) So you're having your total damage reduced again by 20% to 1294.

In other words, at level 30, a Bombard will reduce your boosted damage by up to 65% depending on what damage you're actually dealing. You need to make sure your weapon is also modded for attacking that enemy, otherwise your 600% damage increase becomes only a 210% damage bonus.

And this load of baloney crap right here is why I use 100% status weapons with good damage rather than just straight damage weapons. Dual Toxocyst becoming one of my main stay weapons as of late especially after I bought a good Riven for it for only 50P. Cleans up shop very well and I am highly pleased with its preformence.

6 hours ago, Thaylien said:

But OP said they were testing against an unarmoured enemy and implied they were testing their weapon damage against different enemies, so the weapon's damage multipliers wouldn't have changed either.

23 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

But OP said they were testing against an unarmoured enemy and implied they were testing their weapon damage against different enemies, so the weapon's damage multipliers wouldn't have changed either.

Type of enemy still matters. If they were testing against an Ancient and some infested and did not kill the ancient first, thats 90% damage reduction to any infested within 10m of the Ancient.

If it was Grinder, then we need to know how the armor was removed because all of its armor may not have been removed. 

For Corpus, we still need to know the weapon used, the elemental combo used, etc. Overall, knowing the weapon and setup matters in all three situations anyway it goes. Like, what if OP is using Radiation against Corpus? That's something like 50% negative damage on your Radiation damage.

1 hour ago, (PS4)FunyFlyBoy said:

And this load of baloney crap right here is why I use 100% status weapons with good damage rather than just straight damage weapons. Dual Toxocyst becoming one of my main stay weapons as of late especially after I bought a good Riven for it for only 50P. Cleans up shop very well and I am highly pleased with its preformence.

Even then friend, type of status does matter too. You can't use the same base status types and expect them to perform the same across all enemies, not to mention they've already introduced enemies that become resistant to the main damage types on your weapons and you have to either refresh them with Operators or switch to a different spec of weapon, more will be coming.

You just have to be aware of what types of enemy you're facing and how best to deal with them.

6 hours ago, Thaylien said:

Even then friend, type of status does matter too. You can't use the same base status types and expect them to perform the same across all enemies, not to mention they've already introduced enemies that become resistant to the main damage types on your weapons and you have to either refresh them with Operators or switch to a different spec of weapon, more will be coming.

You just have to be aware of what types of enemy you're facing and how best to deal with them.

Never stated or insinuated otherwise.

Edited by (PS4)FunyFlyBoy

On 7/30/2017 at 8:49 PM, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

It could be feed back if he was pointing out that mirages buffs are wonky due to lighting in game

---> in response to your answer "so i guess it wasnt light enough?"

What does that even mean?

Wwhhhaaaattttt eeeeevvvvvvveeeeennn.

Firstly, lol.

Secondly, I just read what I interpreted what the wiki said.  To me it made it sound like "how light" or "how dark" a given location is, affects the magnitude of the buff.  Now I could have misinterpreted something or the information could have been outdated or just plain wrong.  I wouldn't know better, I don't use Mirage like ever... All I can do is quote the wiki, which is usually right, especially when it comes to frames.