Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Tech Remembrance thread.

SolarDwagon

19 hours ago, SolarDwagon said:

Please post your memories of the beloved instrument of death. Corpus Tech, 2013(?)-2017.

2013? You're joking right? You do know that Corpus Techs got a buff in U17 when the Supra got a major buff right? It's the only reason they became a problem, was because the Supra buff for us players transferred over to them. All this change did was bring the Corpus Tech BACK to how they were before the buff, so no, not 2013-2017.....2015-2017

14 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

The funny thing is, I heard that DE already nerfed Sapping Osprey a few times. By limiting the number of mines the osprey can deploy, and probably the damage as well (I think they used to hit even harder a few months ago. I forgot already).

I have videos of Invasion Exterminate missions, where the grineer would shoot you over to the corpus side of the mission, and when you exit the torpedo pod on the Corpus side, all you'd see are a carpet of laser circles on the ground, that annoying pulsing sound that mimics the heartbeat of Satan, and death. Take one step and you're dead. They were dealing damage numbers of 5000 per pulse at level 95 (tested with my iron skin) and they would not stop launching orbs until they died. Coupled with the fact that Combas had just come out, Techs got a buff, and nullifiers got major buffs, the Corpus were literally cancer personified. This is one step away from that. RIP Tech's you will not be missed by anybody except my Mag. 

18 hours ago, kyori said:

DE shouldn't nerf the tech. Now more people will cry that the game is easy. 

This is not a nerf, this is a fix of an unintentional buff made to them when they buffed the Supra back in U17 2015. It's been far too long that they've been like this.

6 hours ago, Seinerweisen said:

Lol? CP is not broken... armor scaling is broken.

Making an enemy factions only line of defense against our ridiculously high damage disappear that easily is broken.

Armor is obviously broken too, but it has to be in order to deal with us right now.

2 hours ago, Shoelip said:

I'll kinda miss them.  It felt really cool when you pwned a tech before he had a chance to flatten you or took out several who'd wiped your squad only to revive them all.

Maybe, but if you want that experience just go run an Endurance against pretty much any Faction for a while.

On 8/3/2017 at 2:59 PM, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

2013? You're joking right? You do know that Corpus Techs got a buff in U17 when the Supra got a major buff right? It's the only reason they became a problem, was because the Supra buff for us players transferred over to them. All this change did was bring the Corpus Tech BACK to how they were before the buff, so no, not 2013-2017.....2015-2017

Hmm, are you sure? Corpus techs were always a major DPS source from when I started playing.

Also chill the prodman out guys, this was meant to be lighthearted. Feedback had enough complaint threads, take your salt there, this was meant for memes, talking crap, and moments of stupidity and heroism (or both).

Edited by SolarDwagon

7 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

Also chill the prodman out guys, this was meant to be lighthearted. Feedback had enough complaint threads, take your salt there, this was meant for memes, talking crap, and moments of stupidity and heroism (or both).

Hm, My view still stands that I won't miss them. I swear, if I don't use some kind of hard CC or outright ranged invincibility, those guys will put me down quick.

I guess if about dark memories, I remember that one time I used Volt's Discharge trying to CC them for rezzing a downed teammate, only for the Discharge to wore off and have the Tech down me right before the rezz is finished. And I was in full health and shield to boot!

It is said that even the fabled Inaros quaked in fear at the sound, "PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW".

But then one day, Clem snuck into the Corpus barracks and hit the Supra vending machine a few times and now they don't shoot as fast or as hard as they used to.

The end.

3 hours ago, SolarDwagon said:

Hmm, are you sure? Corpus techs were always a major DPS source from when I started playing.

I am sure, and that's the thing. They'll STILL be a major DPS force, just not ridiculous to the point that just seeing them or hearing their supras just makes me want to close the application. I must say that now they'll be at their weakest, because they use to deal base 35 damage, which was buffed to 45 along with the supra, only to finally be nerfed to 25. At level 100 though, they'll still be dealing 300 damage per shot, which is enough to 3 shot most frames even with quick thinking, so ~3000 dps for an enemy that has more EHp than even Chroma, shooting at warframes that on average have 1000 Ehp average, still is a force to be reckoned with. Now, they're dps exactly the same as Heavy Gunners at base, who are popular for being very dangerous, and since the Supra is a Puncture based weapon, it will be even deadlier than a heavy gunner because of the bonus damage to our armor, making them still the highest dps enemies in the game, rivaled only by Napalms.