Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus vs Inaros, who's better tank solo

Lukas3292Pl

Question

I recently thought about whether nidus is a better tank than an inarosa, yt see a lot of nidus movies, like solo survivale long and he is not dead, in the game I meet many people playing nidus, nidus looks awesome, Hardly anyone plays it, and I wonder which frame is a better tank, i saw a movie with LieofRio having a nidus at 400lvl on survival no ginol and inaros died every now and then. Tell me who is better.

15 answers to this question

First of all... stop writing with that annoying blue background and biggest letters, no one do this.

Secondly - you probably never reach lvl 400 survival so why do you ask that question? You probably can't even reach 100lvl.

Thirdly - play whatever you like more... both are great tanks, both can survive where others dies.

Nidus can be easily knocked down when you do not pay attention on late game, especially by corpus faction. He do have some tricks in his sleeves to run out from danger situations but you need really good build for him to do that. He can heal himself quite quickly, he can crowd control enemies with his Larva and his maggots, he can become a heavy tank, hard to kill with his Link, but he actually have only one skill to do serious damage and its his 1st skill.

Inaros is the hardest to kill frame I know. but he is selfish frame, all his skills are working for him only. You don't need to build him as good as Nidus to be a good tank, even without any forma with just reactor he can become immortal. You just have to pay attention on enemies behind you. His abilities can crowd control a group of enemies, heal and protect you but Inaros's skills hardly do any damage so you have to rely on your weapons. Sure, you can make him do damage... but you will sacrifice your (almost) immortality to do that.

Nidus is leaps and bound better at taking abuse than Inaros.

Anyone who says otherwise is using invisibility. Which isn't tanking. You might as well say Ash is the best tank.

Technically Nidus and Nyx are the only legitimate tanks in the game as per the role. Nyx has increase threat levels when using Absorb which draws enemy aggro and her Chaos victims also have this. Threat management is a key part of tanking. Nidus' Maggots also have increased threat levels though less manageable it would still qualify in my book.

You can also use the Electromagnetic Shielding mod and anything is a tank even if it's not a good one.

Inaros is not a tank. He's a CC support that can take a hit. Tanking is when you redirect damage intended for other players. When you CC something there is no damage therefore there is no tank. Rio's video is an accurate display of what happens to Inaros without invisibility past the 1 hour mark on MOT. As I mentioned in one of your previous Inaros Vs. posts; Inaros has no answer to Nullifiers and he lacks the eHP to deal with getting him by them or anything inside their bubbles. It doesn't help that he is also armor based which Lanka's Puncture damage will ignore half of when they hit you.

Both have very good tools for survival.

One key difference is, Inaros is "tanky" right off the shelf whereas Nidus is pretty much screwed if you don't have time to build his stacks.

Like joining sortie three eximus stronghold survival 3 minutes in right in the middle of leech/caustic eximus bacchanals.

(Not that it ever happened to me. :awkward:)

Mu friends told me that nidus is better than inatos,  i think,  his better than inaros but his is bad frame for all types mission,  his bad for reascue,  spy,  assasination,  his good for oy survival and defense but inaros is good for all missions because he don't need build stack,  nidus on spy,  reascue not have time to build stacks. 

9 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Tanking is when you redirect damage intended for other players.

That would be true for MMOs, not for Warframe, at least as I see this game. In Warframe a tank is simply a frame that can facetank, take a lot of damage and not die, but I totally agree about your example with Ash. As facetanking goes I would say, in no particular order: Chroma, Inaros, Valkyr, Oberon (with a particular build), Rhino, guess that's it, tell me if I missed one. Nidus is very capable of surviving, he's not meant to facetank though, but I agree that he is one of the best frames that can both survive and help the squad and thus be a tank in regular MMO terms.

2 minutes ago, frohdoe said:

That would be true for MMOs, not for Warframe, at least as I see this game. In Warframe a tank is simply a frame that can facetank, take a lot of damage and not die, but I totally agree about your example with Ash. As facetanking goes I would say, in no particular order: Chroma, Inaros, Valkyr, Oberon (with a particular build), Rhino, guess that's it, tell me if I missed one. Nidus is very capable of surviving, he's not meant to facetank though, but I agree that he is one of the best frames that can both survive and help the squad and thus be a tank in regular MMO terms.

Well, it's RPGs in general and Warframe has a lot of RPG elements.

There used to be more Aggro related abilities in the game. Rhino's Roar or Iron Skin (I forget which) would force all enemies to attack him for a few seconds but it was getting Rhino killed after they gave his Iron Skin an HP value instead of immortality, so they took it out.

I was mostly just being firm about the concept because this is like the 3rd forum post by OP about tank frames. Often asking which is "better" when a generalized concept like that doesn't work in Warframe. I'm starting to think they're just trolling by talking about lvl 300-400 enemies then comparing Spy and Assassination missions like the post above.

The most durable frames I've played are probably Rhino, Nekros, Trinity, Nidus. Not in any particular order. Nidus is the least problematic of those frames. Rhino isn't allowed to die. if he does; it's hard to recover. Nekros needs Vacuum and constant pet management. Trinity has very heavy upkeep in general. Still, all of these frames have between 40 - 200k eHP to eat up damage.

Valkyr isn't very tanky in my experience unless you go perma Hysteria which is very expensive. Chroma is also more of a brawler. He has the same problems as other armor based frames where his eHP is cut in half from Puncture damage, he's also not immune to status effects like the other frames I mentioned which becomes essential at higher levels. He's plenty durable but just not quite on the same level. I actually find Mesa to be more durable than Chroma against Corpus / Void because of all the Puncture damage coming in.

13 hours ago, THeMooN85 said:

First of all... stop writing with that annoying blue background and biggest letters, no one do this.

Secondly - you probably never reach lvl 400 survival so why do you ask that question? You probably can't even reach 100lvl.

Thirdly - play whatever you like more... both are great tanks, both can survive where others dies.

Nidus can be easily knocked down when you do not pay attention on late game, especially by corpus faction. He do have some tricks in his sleeves to run out from danger situations but you need really good build for him to do that. He can heal himself quite quickly, he can crowd control enemies with his Larva and his maggots, he can become a heavy tank, hard to kill with his Link, but he actually have only one skill to do serious damage and its his 1st skill.

Inaros is the hardest to kill frame I know. but he is selfish frame, all his skills are working for him only. You don't need to build him as good as Nidus to be a good tank, even without any forma with just reactor he can become immortal. You just have to pay attention on enemies behind you. His abilities can crowd control a group of enemies, heal and protect you but Inaros's skills hardly do any damage so you have to rely on your weapons. Sure, you can make him do damage... but you will sacrifice your (almost) immortality to do that.

Agreed up until saying Inaros was selfish:

Dessication is CC and also grants Stealth Melee Multiplier for whole group. (Or Team Covert Lethality setup)

His 4th Scarab Swarm is Inaros' way of healing teammates.

Dessication matches Larva for CC when comparing Nidus & Inaros.

Scarab Swarm (Can Max at 698 AoE) health per projectile and Ravenous (139 Health per second) are comparable with Inaros having more mobility in healing vs Inaros stagnant placing of Ravenous.

Edit: Forgot, Inaros can let Allies heal and Afk-Tank via Devour. That let's him share 2 abilities to heal Allies.

To OP:

If you run a Dagger or good melee on Inaros he is very hard to kill but is more dependent on weapon choice. (Even more so with Negation Swarm, DE literally made Into more Tanky by giving him Status immunity)

Nidus can rely on Abilities only, part of his High-level survivability is based around Parasitic Link(This is how Nidus gets Status immunity and Damage Reduction, thus no Armor ignoring bleed procs), but I see a lot of players not utilizing this and needing to get picked-up frequently on PS4. 

Both can Afk-Tank: Nidus needs his stacks to do so, but Inaros can just cast devour and you can go make a sandwich.

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi
Forgot Allies can Devour (afk -invincibility)

I like both and will use both depending on mission. 

Nidus is good when you want to stand and defend a point like defense, survival as you want enemies to rush to you to build stacks.

Inaros is good to rush missions. Like exterminate, capture, sabotage

6 hours ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

Both can Afk-Tank: Nidus needs his stacks to do so, but Inaros can just cast devour and you can go make a sandwich.

If i wamt to afk qhen i use devour i must press and holding 2, when i push 2,  inaros push enemy,  

26 minutes ago, Lukas3292Pl said:

If i wamt to afk qhen i use devour i must press and holding 2, when i push 2,  inaros push enemy,  

I hold and then press PS button on PS4 (usually leaves Devour going) I didn't think about how it works on PC.

Good point.

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

I wouldnt call Nidus a tank, more of a bruiser. Yes he has built in healing, but he is more focused on building stacks and killing everything.

Inaros cc is much easier and opens enemies to finishers. 

Take nidus if you dont care about using weapons and like infested. Take inaros if you want to stand in front of heavy gunners and laugh before eating them.