Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are some upcoming options to make the Orbiter more "Lived-in?"

By that I mean, comfortable and furnished.  I know that at least rugs are coming with plains of eidolon, but, It's hard to imagine that the Operator can rest very well by just sitting in a chair.  I mean, even if the Somatic Link reclined, it'd make a poor bed.  I was wondering if things like furniture such as beds, chairs or even tapestries could be available at some point.  The Operator Room is wide open as is, I can totally see making a little cubicle apartment inside of it.  Unless DE plans to use the other door for a bedroom, which would be a waste, I think that this is our best option.

Hell, even before the Second Dream, I thought that the Orbiter was beyond spartan.  Even if Warframes are super-human, I'd imagine that kneeling 24/7 is hell on your ankles and knees, and bad for circulation.  There's nowhere really comfortable to recline, unless you count the Helminth room and the bed in there.

Yeah, no way in hell am I sleeping in there.  I mean, I trust Helminth, and our apparent immunity to infestation, but, still..  I couldn't sleep in there. 

But even beyond stuff like beds and rest-oriented furnishings like mats or chairs, the orbiter is...  as I said, spartan.  I'd imagine that at least in the non landing-craft segment, stuff like Tapestries or Rugs would go a long way.

Hell, what about bathing and such?  Unless our suits take care of that, and other such bodily functions, I'd imagine that our operators are quite rank.  Though, who knows?  We don't need to eat or drink, apparently.  Maybe the Void sustains us.  Though Ordis DOES mention a sort of plumbing system in The Beast of Bones.

So yeah, TL;DR, I'd like the Orbiter to look like a place you could live for extended periods of time.

Edited by Gaminus