Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lephantis Corpus Head does not open up [Fixed]

johnyF01

From what I observed, it seems to have something to do with attacking the Infested head. Once it loses a certain amount of health, the Corpus head just refuses to open. This happened in both the first and second phases of the fight.

So I guess just don't attack the Infested head until you kill the Corpus head first.

The Infested Corpus mob wont open its weak spot for me either after about 1/3 or closer to half of his health is gone. Ignoring him till the others are dead or attempting to kill him first has the same results. He will come above ground for the usual amount of time but do nothing before submerging. I checked the wiki being this is my first time and saw nothing about any special mechanics I'm missing.

Not sure if this is intended being I didn't read it in the wiki but seems relevant and odd. Around the edges of the arena but mostly in the corners heal orbs, energy orbs, and ammo will show up very frequently with out any visible cause along with poison clouds periodically.

Also I can see their name plates through the ground at times.

Like I said this is my first time at this encounter. I'm going solo and rushing directly to the encounter.

my rig.

windows 10 64

i7 7700k

1070gtx

16g memory

z270 tomahawk arctic (ms-7a68)

spectrum ISP

average speed from speedtest .net

ping 40

download 200

upload 24

On 10/2/2017 at 6:25 PM, Undeadly_Death said:

So I did some investigating on this matter. In some cases I believe it has to do with a high ping rate from the host. I have a friend in Guam that has a poor connection. He can't join games he can only host, his game locks up and crashes if he joins. (but that is another story for another day)  When he hosts the battle with Lephanits that third head never opens up, either first or second phase depending on how generious the game is feeling. When we tried it with a different host and him not apart of the squad, everything went smoothly. I could be totally out in left field here but it might be something worth looking into.

Just a little update; Got things running a little more smoothly. Friend from Guam can now join other people's hosted games. Had him deselect direct x 10 and 11 on the settings menu before you hit the play button. We tested the battle without him and everything went fine. He gave the key to another person on the team and we were able to complete it but not without some issues. The problem child head was working till a point, till he was about 3/4 down in health and then it started acting like the 13 year old child folding its arms and not sharing. It did 2 to 3 loops of this  and then would open up again. It would play nice about 2 loops and then go back to keeping closed. Rince and repeat. Trying giving it a little time and see what happens. Hope this helps someone till they get it fixed.

Cheers

This is October 5 2017

Me and my friend beat the glitched Lephantis fight after 5 or so tries.

Not guaranteeing any success, but here's what we did:

Unequip any sentinels or companions, did the highest damage builds we could manage, and got to the boss ASAP, skipping all cutscenes.

In the first phase, we focused Corpus head and killed it first, while also damaging the other two heads. It glitched very soon and stopped opening, and so we waited without killing any other head and as few mobs as possible. It eventually opened up again and we continued this until we killed the Corpus head. After that, we killed the scythe wielding head and the winged head.

Second phase, we focused Corpus head immediately. It seems this is where the real RNG comes in because it either closed after its first opening and never opened again, or it never did the glitch at all and we won. Once you get past that point the boss was glitchless it seems.

I played Volt and used no abilities, my friend played Frost Prime and used his bubble ability a couple times.

As long as you do the first phase like I said it seems relatively consistent. The real butt clencher it seems is whether the second phase corpus head glitches immediately or doesn't glitch at all. It's completely random to us and there is nothing we can do about it.

I fear we just got really lucky, but it proves it's possible to beat glitched. Good luck TENNO

can confirm it's still bugged.Got to the second phase two time,corpus head refused to open.
The other two time it bugged out in the first phase.We gave up after 1 hour of time wasting..
Lephatis is needed both for junction and for nekros blueprint...it must get either fixed,or relocate the drop to somewhere else,and require another boss to unlock the junction till the problem is fixed

This is so random that is impossible to "replicate" with exact steps. I was as asked to help with it, and first phase the darn head tried to stay shut for a while, until it finally gave up and opened up to get killed.

Second phase we sort of did not pay attention to the corpus head and left it at the end.. it NEVER opened up.. we ended up "failing" the mission because there was no killing activity. I am not sure if this thread is still from 2014, but i have read this same issue has happened since then.. with so many patches happening effectively every week.. how come this hasn't been solved? 

Edited by Talegorn
saw the "DE is investigating" post

Killing Lephantis is a requirement to proceed past Pluto and onto the Eris planet. While having one boss fight mission bugged and waiting for a patch is no big deal, this is not the case! Anyone unable to get Lephantis to "not bug out" is unable to unlock the planet Eris... Making things like Sorties, Alerts, gathering certain materials, and so on... impossible. DE should consider changing the planet junction requirement from kill Lephantis to Possibly another boss fight, like the mission Hades, where you get the excaliber parts and is in my opinion, just as hard if not harder of a mission. It has already been a very long time, and people are quitting Warframe, which means DE is losing money, because Lephantis is breaking planet progression. 

Edited by SALTY1070

Just did it with three mates. The bug did not really bother, as Harrow, I just chained Lephantis. Once the immobilization was over, the corpus head opened, attacked, closed, and began to bug again. I shackled again. And a last one after.

IMO, a simple CC on Lephantis could be enough. 

Had a similar issue with the corpus head on stage 2.  It timed me out of the fight before I was able to finish the corpus head off.  This was a fun and interesting boss fight until it bugged out on me.  However the fact that it takes a hour to craft a key with resources that I have to farm specifically to access this boss makes this issue very very annoying.  

Edited by Beer-The-Reaper

Back at the boss again... this time I'm having the issue on stage 1.  Frost's CCs do not seem to affect the corpus head at least in stage 1.  I cannot use harrow to chain the boss since I cannot clear the Eris junction until I kill it.  Does anyone know another working strat or do I just bang my head against this until it randomly works? 
0/4 as of 10/9/17 If you wait for the fight to expire it does not seem to consume the key but will waste even more of your time.

Edited by Beer-The-Reaper
updating fail count