Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lephantis Corpus Head does not open up [Fixed]

johnyF01

1 hour ago, blackheartstar_pc said:

Never had a timer pop mission fail while in this assassination. Just did it in a pug a week or so ago you can wait it out.

I don't know why they added it (perhaps we were tying the servers up too long!!) but it definitely timed out on me twice today!

3 minutes ago, Indistinctively said:

Just managed to complete it on the third try. We focused the Corpus head (the one that bugs out) and killed it before touching the two others. We succeeded then.

I did try that but as another guy said, it just shut up when it got low, but good to know it can work like that (thanks for the heads up).

Well, we used a maxed out Spore Saryn for the Viral and an Equinox (would have had better/faster results if I had switched Equinox with a Rhino for the buff or Trinity so we could spam abilities), coupled with maxed out weapons (Saryn used a spore popping weapon and I used the Arca Shotgun) we also had communication so that all 4 players focused the correct target and found it quickly). All in all we were able to bring it down very quickly, there might be a timer or it might have been the viral, just our thoughts on it though.

I know this bug is already known and being investigated, but I would like to make a suggestion: please remove this mission from the Eris Junction requirements. At least until the bug is fixed. It's very frustrating that in order to progress through the planets you need to go through the bugged boss. It takes one hour to craft the key for each attempt, I tried to kill him twice last night and both times the corpus head got stuck in the second phase of the fight. I'm unable to move on to Eris because of this bug atm.

Considering this just happened to me... Here's a suggestion, let there be a secondary way to hit/stun the lephantis that forces the heads to open. Oh btw, the trigger point for the bug seems to be the same... Corpus head is the troublemaker. Discipline him please.

Since lephantis likes to do the body slam attack when you get under it, why not make the underside a hittable location? Like Jackal... dmg it to stun Lephantis which forces the heads open for like 2 seconds? Then people don't get stuck on this boss anymore.

Edited by grawrfikky

Don't make a boss that requires hours of work to fight necessary for a junction if you aren't even guaranteed to kill it assuming bugs. Remove it from the junction until it's fixed, at least. It's happening to me right now. Some people don't get a lot of time to play in unison with their friends, it's extremely disappointing and frustrating when your effort is completely wasted because of a bug that you refuse to fix for 4 years.

Edited by Bird_God

Indeed one head bugs often on the first phase. If it helps, after retrying twice and having the head bug out, I beat it the third time solo using AKStiletto Prime with a normal barrel diffusion-lethal torrent build which completely shreds the heads hp, it literally took me only 3 clips to kill the entire encounter (I don't even have prime mods, I'm a new player). Don't just stand there shooting at it with slow fire rate weapons, you increase the chances of it bugging out after burrowing.

Guys heres a tip that works for me everytime, use rhino and stomp the corpus head when it just opens its mouth, i found out it then just opens its mouth everytime after it, even when you go through the floor so try it! the other 2 also still open there heads.

https://imgur.com/a/Drnla

Edited by AeriousNLD
Image added as proof.

Just bugged out for me solo, but in a crew of 2 we did it 4 times in a row no issues. IE: I couldn't get the heads down fast enough solo. For the first 2 runs we got the corpus head down first in both stages, but the last 2 runs we did it in whatever order and it was fine. What's interesting to note though is that the heads were bugged for my other squad mate, but not me, allowing us to proceed 2 out of the 4 times even though it was bugged for one of us. 

Edited by ZenGarage

On 9/28/2017 at 6:45 PM, Carnagath said:

Indeed one head bugs often on the first phase. If it helps, after retrying twice and having the head bug out, I beat it the third time solo using AKStiletto Prime with a normal barrel diffusion-lethal torrent build which completely shreds the heads hp, it literally took me only 3 clips to kill the entire encounter (I don't even have prime mods, I'm a new player). Don't just stand there shooting at it with slow fire rate weapons, you increase the chances of it bugging out after burrowing.

9 hours ago, AeriousNLD said:

Guys heres a tip that works for me everytime, use rhino and stomp the corpus head when it just opens its mouth, i found out it then just opens its mouth everytime after it, even when you go through the floor so try it! the other 2 also still open there heads.

https://imgur.com/a/Drnla

Thanks for the tips guys, I used Rhino stomp and Aksomati and killed the corpus head in one clip - got the chassis I had been waiting months for on the first try today :) Again, Many thanks!

Heh... bug with Corpus head stage 1... bug with Corpus head stage 2! and bug with WHOLE Lephantis - we killed Corpus Head, but there was no animation of its destruction - but hp bar shows damage to whole Leph.

Than better _) we killed Leph, Lotus says to us "Ther are much targets ahead"... we wait for destruction and mods..... and NO! 10+ minutes textures of Leph were just in space. One of ours partymembers disconn and then conn again - BETTER! He SAW All Lephantis!

After 10+ minutes Lephantis died. At last. BUT! The Dethcloth was activated. At least exit is no so far from boss stage. But.... that was awfull.....

Ok this just happened to me, but double bad. 

I cannot progress through the map without this fight. 

I made a total of 3 attempts. All three failed. This is 100% fail rate for me so far. 

First and Second I could not get past the first phase. That one one head did not open and I wasted my time. 
On a third attempt I was able to move into phase 2, but initially still never had that head open, so I was stuck. 

Phase 1

Phase 2

Edited by Beefwater
added new video

DE should just remove the Corpus Head or the Boss entirely until this Bug is fixed, since it also bugged like 2 Years ago.

Idk they dont seem to care much about this Problem.

Tried Yesterday and Today with 2 Friends of mine who are new to the game, did like 50 Tries 6 Times we managed to complete the Mission and 6 Times we got the Chassis.

So I did some investigating on this matter. In some cases I believe it has to do with a high ping rate from the host. I have a friend in Guam that has a poor connection. He can't join games he can only host, his game locks up and crashes if he joins. (but that is another story for another day)  When he hosts the battle with Lephanits that third head never opens up, either first or second phase depending on how generious the game is feeling. When we tried it with a different host and him not apart of the squad, everything went smoothly. I could be totally out in left field here but it might be something worth looking into.

I finally managed to kill Lephantis and progress ahead to Eris. It took me 7 tries. 5 of those were solo, because the friend I was playing with just gave up on the game and left. I kept trying because I love the game and am addicted on top of that lol. But honestly, if this bug cannot be fixed in a timely manner "Kill Lephantis" should be removed from the Junction requirements. This is around the time new players are getting to mid game, the grind is starting to kick in, and then they run into a game breaking bug like this and cannot progress any longer. Again, I love this game and have been supporting its cash shop, etc. But this is a show stopper since it's a crucial junction requirement and frame farm.