Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lephantis Corpus Head does not open up [Fixed]

johnyF01

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

It's the Corpus head. Search Lephantis Boss Bug on the forums, you will get a bunch of results.

It's a common issue at the moment, I think we just have to wait for DE to fix it (read some of the other posts, might have suggestions)

Thank you for the advice, I shall have a look on the forums. :)

During September I've been running ODA missions. And I have really difficult time to complete it because it has BUGS - on every run!

To repeat the bug, just play the game.

And to describe the issues that I'm having -- here are some videos:

Floating above Lephantis - I accidentally launched Transference before the floor went down and voila all is messed up. And he won't open he's mouth!

Mostly the mission is like this: Cant kill Lephantis cause he doesn't open the mouth. I thought it was Nova and MP. But after we crashed through the ground - and waiting that MP wears off we couldn't kill him.

But no! It was not MP. On Rhino the same thing happens: Lephantis is invulnerable.

And yes, we tried to 'troll' suicide on the ODA (a trolololol fix for lephantis that is roaming around the internet) but it fixed nothing. I've ran the mission multiple times with different frames with same result. Just fix it.

@Poverty and @V3nNoM and other guys you see in the vids above can be my witnesses.

I don't care that is this one on "known issues" list. DE, could you kindly fix it? It happens again and again and again.

Edited by carnaga

I've tried to run this mission solo today, same result, twice ...

As soon as the Ancient Corpus head is damaged to or below half health it stops doing anything, most importantly opening its mouth, which obviously leaves me unable to damage it any further.

People in chat suggested trying to kill the Corpus head FIRST. But after running in circles for 20 mins not even shooting at either the Ancient Grineer nor the Infested head, then melee'ing the Infested head dead out of boredom, deliberately dying, running more circles, eventually killing the Grineer head, too, I went to make a coffee and smoked a cigarette, came back and died .. again .. all for naught of course. A magnificent waste of not only Lephantis Nav Coordinates(which don't exactly grow on treers) but precious time.

Please fix this, ASAP, thank you very much

Infested corprus after being damaged about 1/3 of it's health will stop opening his mouth flaps a

nd can no longer damage him. Doesn't matter if I attack him first or the other two  he eventually will do this and I have to abort mission because he simply wont open up. I have tried different orders of attack but nothing works. Saw a posting of someone experiencing a similar issue back and 2014 and wonder why this bug hasn't been corrected by now

This has been a recurring thing and I was wondering if there will be a fix for this....

I was running Orokin Derelict Assassination today, helping a newbie out when Lephantis decided to bug out in the first stage.

The Corpus head was the only one left. As it popped up it would just sit in an immune state, making the mission impossible to complete.

This has happened on multiple occasions, which makes it frustrating and means it has to be restarted.

Oh yeah, that darn corpus head. It does eventually let you attack it.. but eventually can be way longer than you want it to be. If the AI is too tricky to fix, it would be nice if punch through could get through the little outer mouthy parts so you can do more than 0 damage to it, just in case.

I have tried the mission at least ten times(Nekros parts farm) and it always ends the same , corprus simply wont open his lousy mouth flaps. I tried using different warframes, using different kill orders for the three bosses ( always got stuck in phase 1) , going with different configs for my sentinel, going in without my sentinel , changing regions , changing match making designation, standing on the wall above, using a jumping melee attack , changing weapons, getting to the boss fight before second Juggernaut warning , waiting till second juggernaut warning without agro, waiting till second juggernaut warning with agro, turning away to pretend like I wasn't looking to get him to open up  and just continuously shooting corprus in the face while he had flaps up( one post I saw said you can shoot into the gaps between his flaps , another said if you keep shooting with hits registering 0 he will  eventually open up again). One time I took his health to zero but he just didn't die ( have screenshots of this) after this I just gave up. I feel like ,I've done my part here as a gamer and that GE should just gift me the Nekros parts. This is a boss fight that has been bugged since AT LEAST 2014 , as I saw the post from back then with the same complaints. But you know ,why fix something that screws over your customers, doesn't respect their time  and makes sure their experience is garbage?

Had the same problem yesterday on my first ever run.  Was using Rhino frame, so no snowglobes.  It simply stopped attacking after like 2 times opening up.  After killing the other heads it just stayed closed, gave up after 10 minutes of it just popping up and down.

Had to restart and then the fight went without problems. Made sure to kill corpus first, so it wouldn't get the chance to bug out again.

1 hour ago, Miser_able said:

We're either of you using frost? Ive noticed it really doesn't react well to snow globes. 

Wasn't using Frost, however we were using a Rhino so that the heads could be stunned. It shouldn't really effect the head when it pops back up though.

tried to help a guy and the same thing was happening. this has been a bug for a little while now. while not effecting every single instance it is the majority of the time. I think the guy said 5 times it happened to him in a row, the sixth time I joined him and it happened again, and then I just said go for nekros prime and helped him to get 3 of the 4 parts for that

Same here, i just did it 3 times, 2 with Djinn with me and 1 without. The last time i runned without djinn ive been able to go to second stage, when lephantis body is visible and not just the heads. But i wasnt able to kill it since the last head didnt did anything. This really sucks because of logic reasons and im trying to end the eris junction...
Also, would be nice if you make it easier to report bugs than coming here and bla bla bla, just give us a ticket ingame, in the mission or something easier, it sucks to come all the way here just to report a bug in your game.

Thanks

Hi, I've tried to kill Lephantis twice in order to progress on my starchart, but each time when I reach phase 2 the corpus head stays shut.

So basically it's impossible to deal damage to it and to kill the boss, and I'm stuck in my progression. Very frustrating :/

hoy estaba en derrelicto asesinato matando a lephantis y cuando me faltaba solo una cabeza, le quedaba poca vida y se quedo con la boca cerrada, tuve que reiniciar el juego y perdi mi llave y mi tiempo, os pido que me devolvais la llave, gracias

hoy estaba en derrelicto asesinato matando a lephantis y cuando me faltaba solo una cabeza, le quedaba poca vida y se quedo con la boca cerrada, tuve que reiniciar el juego y perdi mi llave y mi tiempo, os pido que me devolvais la llave, gracias

Quick update :

With the help of an awesome Tenno (Argetlam86) we were able to kill Lephantis, somehow it decided to open it's mouth this time.

It came to our mind that maybe, my Ember WoF augment would cause the non-openning corpus head by constantly knocking it down.

Hi, im in the same problem but coudnt be able to kill it. Playing whit frost so i dont have that Ember problem. The Corpus head doesent open when it reaches about 25% hp. I repeated the Boss like 10 times and only one time it didnt bugged in first stage but it did in stage 2. 

Hi sXeno, sorry to hear that happens to you too.

My fellow tenno was quite powerful and wrecked the head as soon as it opened, so maybe that's why we were able to kill it. While the bug remains, you could try and find someone with great firepower and try this way ?