Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lephantis Corpus Head does not open up [Fixed]

johnyF01

Alright, so I've been trying to farm for nekros for like, 1 month now? The very first day I was going to kill lephantis, I found a bug. During it's second phase the last head wouldn't open so there was literally no way for me to kill it, so I thought that DE would fix this and then tried running the mission over and over for about 5 times, then I gave up and  took a break from the game for a few weeks. I come back today to try to kill lephantis and the same bug is there, DE fix pls?

Picture/proof

I think I found that if you keep your distance from that head, the bug will not appear...
It's very difficult, tho... cos at the 1st part, the head can spawn near you anytime... and at the 2nd one, he always point towards me with his "Scythe head"...
I spent more time trying to walk away quickly than shooting him...
Tell me if it works for you, please... :/

I wonder how many people have to complain about that bug to make them even reply "We are sorry and are on it to fix it asap". How can that possibly even pass through classic internal playtests? Did even try this boss more than one time? That can't be. We lost 1h30 hour today trying to kill this lame thing... tried several configurations, weapons, warframes. This is just insane to ignore a P0 "Walkthrough Breaker" bug that is so easy to reproduce... just play this s*** let's say 10 times. I only manage to beat it my self on my VERY LUCKY 4th try I think. Then... nothing. Even playing with my son's account in solo, thinking coop might make it worst: nothing.

So, PLEASE DE, would you mind consider listening to all the people blocked by this boss and not able to reach Eris? This is REALLY disapointing. 

3 minutes ago, InquisitorMelhody said:

I wonder how many people have to complain about that bug to make them even reply "We are sorry and are on it to fix it asap". How can that possibly even pass through classic internal playtests? Did even try this boss more than one time? That can't be. We lost 1h30 hour today trying to kill this lame thing... tried several configurations, weapons, warframes. This is just insane to ignore a P0 "Walkthrough Breaker" bug that is so easy to reproduce... just play this s*** let's say 10 times. I only manage to beat it my self on my VERY LUCKY 4th try I think. Then... nothing. Even playing with my son's account in solo, thinking coop might make it worst: nothing.

So, PLEASE DE, would you mind consider listening to all the people blocked by this boss and not able to reach Eris? This is REALLY disapointing. 

Try keeping distance! D:
If it realy works, then we could notify DE... we will be one step closer to a fix, then. :)

I tried this earlier today. The corpus head on the first stage did not open until the other two had been killed. We then killed the Corpus head (2-shot kill).

The second stage worked exactly as it should. 

We were on a low ping connection. Just two of us in the squad, sub 50 ping. Not sure if that has a relevance here, but both Host and Client could see it open up. We went right under the head and walker. This caused no issues. Also have Kavats with us, so they were biting its feet.

7 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I tried this earlier today. The corpus head on the first stage did not open until the other two had been killed. We then killed the Corpus head (2-shot kill).

The second stage worked exactly as it should. 

We were on a low ping connection. Just two of us in the squad, sub 50 ping. Not sure if that has a relevance here, but both Host and Client could see it open up. We went right under the head and walker. This caused no issues. Also have Kavats with us, so they were biting its feet.

Oh, ok... they were just coincidences for me, then... :/
Tnx.

Just now, Crimson_Ruby said:

Oh, ok... they were just coincidences for me, then... :/
Tnx.

Enough people are having an issue with the fight that I am not convinced. Perhaps the interactions I had were the coincidence?

I only tried it once, so if you have the same effect across a bunch, yours might be more accurate.

I was just putting it out there that sometimes it does work basically as expected.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)kirbykajilk said:

This is still an issue I just tried killing lephantis for the first time and the corpus head will not open had to quit 3 times and still not working

They are not doing any updates until PoE is ready. So it will be an issue for a while longer yet.

If you try it enough times, you should get one that works.

Currently it seems that this bug is rndm occuring and sometimes it works while in other time Lephantis just loves to troll you how it seems.

Considering that he is an really "easy" boss the bug is kinda annoying cus it simply just steals time (and for those who watch their stats) and add "aboard mission" counters. I only need the Nekros Neuros for start the Nekros Warframe but if Lephantis is not in the mood he simply stay closed for all eternity no matter what.

I tried now several ideas like "go away from the corpus head", "dmg it 1st so it stays active" over "gain enough hight to trigger it active again" but in the moment the bug strikes nothing helps to finish the fight under normal circumstances.

Aside from that the heads can only be harmed when they open their weakspots eventually an good idea (to outcounter this bug) would be give the heads a certain threshhold where they "open by pure force when x dmg is done to them" (for example 5k). Over this way at least an optional way would exist to finish this mission halfway properly...

@DE, not asking for a fix because that does not seem to be working. However, CAN YOU PLEASE REMOVE LEPHANTIS FROM BEING A JUNCTION REQUIREMENT?

I am shocked that this has not been done by now, after years of complaints. I'm a relatively new player and have never been able to get into Eris. Which also means I cannot purchase items from Baro the void trader when he is there and I miss out on alerts and sorties involving eris. I'm currently blocked from experiencing a good portion of the content in this game. 

Extremely disappointing. 

Whatever the problem here is, its random. I managed to get some help last week or so and was able to unlock the junction.

Then last night I saw a recruiting post for H Lephantis. I jumped on it as I still need 2 parts to build Nekros. I kept waiting for the glitch then saw the extraction arrow. Ofc neuro dropped again, but thats besides the point.

Until this gets fixed, keep after it, you will eventually get the kill update.

After some testing of my own on the fight, the issue (At least for me) occurs when the corpus head shoot infested spawn pods that disappear. The pods will still emit poison, but will not be shootable or spawn any infested. I was able to destroy one in one of my runs, by seeing an infested spawn pod name and health. I shot the ground and it disappeared.

Is the issue that the corpus head wont open to spawn more pods, cause the current pods disappear and still count as active?

Tested by letting head spawn pod after pod and not destroying any on phase 1. Head closed for good. Repeated, but focused on destroying all pods. Head worked fine. Second stage was harder, as I couldn't do a lot of damage and was on solo. Needless to say, the issue occur ed on stage 2 after a bit, as the head kept shooting pods above the range my frame could jump. I could see the clouds of poison, and a few infested stuck, but no pods. The head shut for good after that.

So yeah, my 2 cents.

To be honest, I tried to figure it out three more times yesterday night, with my son’s account, and nothing… Trying to remain far = bug on phase 1. Trying to use no powers, only focusing on shooting this head = bug on phase 1. I start to run out of options as I tried with/without companions, powers, fast weapons, slow weapons, etc. Trying to remain far is more complicated as you cannot predict where the heads are spawning. This is even more a shame when you manage to pass through the phase 1, and in the phase 2, the head attacks one time and byebye, closed forever. So yes, removing Lephantis from the conditions to reach Eris would be an easy fix and a good idea as this boss is useless. It brings nothing interesting to the lore and it is neither interesting to fight.

It may just be kind of random and I could be wrong here, but to me it seemed to work when I took my time getting to the boss fight. In the times i've only jogged to the boss, let the dialogue finish before entering the room, and not skipping the intro the boss fight worked fine for some reason.

only way to complete this quest is to kill the corpus head only on both rounds BEFORE any other head is hit its the only way myself and some clan members could help younger members farm nekros it is a pain if even 1 hit hits another head the bug kicks in and we are all waisting ammo this may help ppl or u may find this to be an obvius annoying post but it seems to work so far