Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lephantis Corpus Head does not open up [Fixed]

johnyF01

5 hours ago, Legalize89 said:

So we tried killing lephantis and he keeps bugging out, the Corpus head stays closed when entering second phase making the whole boss unkillable.
it also accured that the Ancient head also got stuck so the  whole boss was doing nothing but spewing toxic and standing still.

We tried to nuke the head down before it could close up but that did not help either.

The fact that we can't kill him is very annoying since we would like to complete our junction but because of this boss....... we cant.........

after the 7th / 8th time we managed to kill the boss.

i dont know why there is a difference but there was...

https://youtu.be/hbN6hIjgjGU

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/173225231

10:30

Second time killing it, didn't seem to have a problem; nor the 3rd..... 

This just happened to me as well. I waited as long as my patience would allow, but the Corpus head never became vulnerable. I tried varying my distance from it, attacking it with transference abilities, melee, explosives, shotguns, bullet jumps and more patience, all to no avail. Eventually had to decide which stat to make worse; missions failed or missions quit. Decided to kill myself with Angstrum.

11 hours ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

I suggest telling us where the acctual bug come in the video cause I don't think anyone will bother to watch an 8 minute video

The second Phase starts at 4:15. The head is bugged from then on. Sometimes it still attacked for a few seconds after Phase 2 started but eventually it always closed up. The first 5 tries we were with only 2 people. The 6th try you see on the video, there we tried it with someones help. The 7th try we finally got to kill the Corpus head, we believe it was because we killed it before it could bug. We would have to go back and do more research to know the exact circumstances and to see if it always bugs out after a while.

On the second try the corpus head already closed up in Phase 1 btw. But that only happened once.

And no, it does not fix itself after a few minutes, we also tried staying in the mission. Eventually after what felt like about 30 minutes we got a "Mission failed" but the head never opened anymore.

This has actually made so mad to the degree I turn off the game and refuse to play the next day and I play everyday. I was taking my buddy to farm orokin cells. We got three of them,then we got to the last part with where you shoot the three heads. I killed the infested part, then the grineer one, then we got to the corpus one I shot it once, then for like 20-40 min he pranced around the map jumping up and down not letting us kill him. I even downed and he downed to see if the boss AI would change but it didn't we waited and waited, then it said 1min you will be kicked out the mission. I was furious to the fact that the AI forced us into a time out while fighting it, and it forced failed the mission on us. Thats so stupid and the invulnerable phases you give the bosses tend to make it more annoying than anything than balance it cause things like this can happen out of the blue.

PS:I know the image is just Lephantis but I forgot I had hide UI so you can't see that he's invulnerable and the timer started to kick us out.

https://imgur.com/a/FfdXh

Edited by takeshiblue

4 hours ago, takeshiblue said:

This has actually made so mad to the degree I turn off the game and refuse to play the next day and I play everyday. I was taking my buddy to farm orokin cells. We got three of them,then we got to the last part with where you shoot the three heads. I killed the infested part, then the grineer one, then we got to the corpus one I shot it once, then for like 20-40 min he pranced around the map jumping up and down not letting us kill him. I even downed and he downed to see if the boss AI would change but it didn't we waited and waited, then it said 1min you will be kicked out the mission. I was furious to the fact that the AI forced us into a time out while fighting it, and it forced failed the mission on us. Thats so stupid and the invulnerable phases you give the bosses tend to make it more annoying than anything than balance it cause things like this can happen out of the blue.

PS:I know the image is just Lephantis but I forgot I had hide UI so you can't see that he's invulnerable and the timer started to kick us out.

https://imgur.com/a/FfdXh

this is just sad...just remove it from needing it to open a junksion already...or make the key 1 minute to creat not 1 hour thats just dumb

I DID IT !! asked some people to help me the only way to do it is to kill it fast 

Edited by HunterH

The Corpus head bug seems random to me. It's happened both in the first and second phase, (though I've only gotten to the second phase once and that had the corpus head for last) and in the first phase it could bug out before any of the other heads had been killed or remotely damaged. 

If it wasn't completely invincible this wouldn't be as big of a problem but as it stands I cannot defeat it. 

Edit: I finally managed to beat it. (Solo) For those of you struggling, try to rush the corpus head. Even if you have to use your revives. The longer it stays alive the more chances you give it to glitch. I didn't notice anything that could seem directly responsible for the glitch so this isn't a bulletproof strategy but using the Operator's Void Beam is pretty effective if your weapons are lacking and have completed the "War Within" quest. You run the risk of losing a lot of health but if you really need to beat the boss it's hardly a problem. (I recommend this strategy for both phases. The other heads are fine.) 

Additionally, until this issue is resolved I don't think defeating the Lephantis (a potentially unbeatable boss) should be a requirement of the Eris junction. Food for thought.  

Edited by DaveyJones117
Update

Can confirm I am having this problem, and there is nothing I can do about it. It is a problem with only the corpus head not opening, the other two are fine. I have attempted this mission about 15 times so far. 

It sometimes bugs up in the first stage, but if I kill the corpus head first, then it's fine. If I DON'T kill the corpus head first, then after the other two are dead, the head locks up and won't open again.

On the second stage, I can't do anything. The Corpus head will open exactly once to fire and only once. After that, it won't open again. Doesn't matter if I kill the other two heads.

Wouldn't be so annoyed if it wasn't a prerequisite for a solar junction, so this is blocking my progress at the minute.

Please suggest a workaround or fix the damn thing.