The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee Ability Need Change!

(PSN)slayerserenity

DE need to remove sound quake from the game.

Every part of the ability is harmful for the game.

It immobilizes and removes all other possible actions. It deincentivizes playing. DE didn't want people to use "homer's bird" tactics and then release augment for Sound Quake that's the biggest offender this game has seen in this regard.

It both stuns and nukes through walls.

It doesn't require any input or thought from player.

banshee is end game frame more... she is in pretty good spot.sound quake is good cc skill... and depending of team strat u can adjust range... not so far not so close for effective killing...her 1 is very good self defense...her 2 give massive dmg boost..her 3 is also very good for self and team defense cz its stagger any enemy who is range

16 minutes ago, Naftal said:

It doesn't require any input or thought from player.

Well a good Banshee player does require a slight amount of thought.  Resonating Quake is efficient for low-level relic farming on defense missions.  A bad Banshee player is one that would fail to bring resonating quake to such a mission, stunlocking the tileset...but not killing anything.  That player is super annoying.  However, a stunlock Banshee (that doesn't have resonating quake equipped) is great for a sortie mobile defense.  Lock down a tileset and just watch the clock go by.

Just now, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Well a good Banshee player does require a slight amount of thought.  Resonating Quake is efficient for low-level relic farming on defense missions.  A bad Banshee player is one that would fail to bring resonating quake to such a mission, stunlocking the tileset...but not killing anything.  That player is super annoying.  However, a stunlock Banshee (that doesn't have resonating quake equipped) is great for a sortie mobile defense.  Lock down a tileset and just watch the clock go by.

Just having to put the very little thought required to make a proper build isn't what I'm talking about here.

This ability is anti gameplay and should not exist.

Lol...only reason you don't see that much banshee's is because of her bad reputation (noobs prolongong games by min-maxing her to Cc basicly) and despise that bc of how overpowered she is. I mean she's literally cheesing anything you throw at her...  One balanced build that includes Resonance and Resonating Quake on like, stretch range is enough for her to be THE frame...

Her resonance is overbeefed damage support, Silence is Cc that keeps stealth multipliers active and Resonating Quake hitting the multiplier is THE AoE/Cc ability. She quite literally tops any category, any playstyle ..

People eather grew to hate her or are bored using her...bad spot to be, no reason for change tho....

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

2 minutes ago, Naftal said:

the same can be said about several other abilities/builds (ember wof, saryn spore build, maim equinox just to name a few) on star map as well but they're all still here.... although I will say ember wof with low strength and the cc augment is actually pretty useful and still lets people kill stuff :)

Just now, LSG501 said:

the same can be said about several other abilities/builds (ember wof, saryn spore build, maim equinox just to name a few) on star map as well but they're all still here.... although I will say ember wof with low strength and the cc augment is actually pretty useful and still lets people kill stuff :)

None of these abilities remove your ability to do anything else, letting you play the game. They also have shorter range and either CC, nuke or do both worse than Sound Quake.

While these abilities may be problematic and in need of a change, Sound Quake needs it much, much more. 

6 minutes ago, Naftal said:

Just having to put the very little thought required to make a proper build isn't what I'm talking about here.

I don't disagree.  I'm just saying that, with over thirty frames in Warframe's roster, Banshee has her place.  At this point, I doubt DE would give any of Banshee's skills another rework.  She's cemented. 

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

I don't disagree.  I'm just saying that, with over thirty frames in Warframe's roster, Banshee has her place.  At this point, I doubt DE would give any of Banshee's skill another rework.  She's cemented. 

I disagree. Old frames have got reworks often. She's not cemented any more than any other frame is.

They could just destroy the ability like they did to Blade Storm and it would already be a step in the right direction.

1 minute ago, Naftal said:

I disagree. Old frames have got reworks often. She's not cemented any more than any other frame is.

They could just destroy the ability like they did to Blade Storm and it would already be a step in the right direction.

Usually the popularity of a frame dictates if they get a rework or not.

I'd be curious to see the metrics for community frame usage.

DE hasn't show us those stats in a while.

Usually the popularity of a frame dictates if they get a rework or not.

I'd be curious to see the metrics for community frame usage.

DE hasn't show us those stats in a while.

These points are irrelevant to the fact that this ability is bad for the game in many ways.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

Eh what?

You're bringing up how you've observed DE doing things before.

How is this relevant to the ability being mechanically bad for this game?

5 minutes ago, Naftal said:

Eh what?

You're bringing up how you've observed DE doing things before.

How is this relevant to the ability being mechanically bad for this game?

I don't agree that the ability is mechanically bad.  But I suppose I'm...indifferent to the ability.  I don't care if DE changes it or leaves it as is.  The point...is that the OP feels that sound quake is underpowered...and that's isn't accurate in the slightest.

13 minutes ago, Naftal said:

None of these abilities remove your ability to do anything else, letting you play the game. They also have shorter range and either CC, nuke or do both worse than Sound Quake.

While these abilities may be problematic and in need of a change, Sound Quake needs it much, much more. 

Completely agree with this. Sound Quake is only behind Stasis for being bad for pugs. Maybe other abilities also need to be looked at, but that in no way justifies these 2 abilities being the way they are. Let's at least start with the 2 top offenders and make these frames more fun for everyone.

I'm pretty easy going, so nothing other frames do currently annoys me in the slightest (I didn't even mind Mirage+Simulor)...but Banshee and Limbo players abusing these abilities will make me abort a mission.

46 minutes ago, Naftal said:

That's your opinion.

There's plenty of people who enjoy such "anti gameplay" abilities and it isn't limited to Warframe. There's nothing inherently wrong with such abilities, especially in grindy games. Who are you to demand to take them away from these people?

The only balancing issue here is that a "lazy" ability should not provide as good or better results as a "proactive" one. And in this regard, EQ is perfectly fine.

If you ask me, building squads for proper synergy and heavily capitalizing on it is the healthiest possible thing in this game. I had much more fun gathering proper squads for resource farming, Draco, or Void Defense and pushing them to their utmost limits than I have now with running "healthy" missions for "healthy" time with "healthy" teammates using "healthy" abilities and achieving "healthy" results over and over and over again.

25 minutes ago, Epsik-kun said:

That's your opinion.

There's plenty of people who enjoy such "anti gameplay" abilities and it isn't limited to Warframe. There's nothing inherently wrong with such abilities, especially in grindy games. Who are you to demand to take them away from these people?

No one demanded anything, we're all just expressing opinions same as you. It's not like this thread is likely to sway DE one way or another, you can relax on that front. I really don't care if some people enjoy being immobile for minutes on end, it's not good for the game and people would get over it if it were to change.

4 hours ago, Naftal said:

um saryn spore build can wipe out as large if not larger area than sound quake can before we get a chance to kill them ourselves, unless we stand by the spawn point.  Ember wof can nuke pretty much everything (excluding obvious things like nullifiers and bosses) on the star map without too much issue (well mine can...) and it moves too so you can't even get away from it, not to mention the low power draw compared with banshee sound quake which to have any decent amount of damage you can't go too big on range all while keeping the energy draw to a reasonable amount.   Ember with wof pretty much ruins the game for anyone on the starmap, especially if you're using something like harrow/nidus which has abilities focused around killing enemies... which obviously with wof often as not there is none.

Before 'nerfing' a situational frame with plenty of downsides (including increasing energy draw, fixed position etc) and which I very rarely see if I'm totally honest, how about DE takes a look at frames that have a bigger impact on the game in general when you talk about 'anti gameplay' such as wof ember and maim equinox (although I don't actually see this too much), they're both mobile wide area damage dealers which in most cases you can't get away from while both having really small energy requirements to do the damage. 

Now as to limbo stasis being bad... the idea of stasis is fine, the way in which it has been implemented by DE is the problem.  Freezing enemies isn't the problem, if it was vauban would be moaned about just as much because it basically does the same thing with bastille, the difference with limbo and stasis is the fact that you're forced to use melee and players just don't like it or spam weapons which disable it completely defeating the point of stasis in the first place (they're more of a troll than limbo stasis is imo)....if it was like bastille (and I've said this before) where all it does is freeze the enemies there would be no complaints about it.

Edited by LSG501

15 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

and which I very rarely see if I'm totally honest,

The endless defense fissures I was doing for fun and relics while putting forma on weapons over the weekend were riddled with Sound Quake Banshee players, It was ridiculous. They all had one thing in common (with one exception), they were terrible Banshee players; one needed 14+ revives in 15 waves of a level 40-50 Orokin defense.

I contend that Saryn's spores are no where close to Sound Quake, unless you are talking about level 1-10 enemies. Normally you get to see higher level enemies covered in spores still making it to the objective. Banshee stops enemies at their spawn point well outside the range shown by Animal Instinct, so it's a pain hunting them to kill them faster since many Banshee players use a build that apparently tickles the enemies to death. But again, you can't justify one bad behavior with another...that's an annoying politician tactic.

I'd be very happy with your proposed change to Stasis, make it happen please! :) Limbo players seem to focus on removing all fun from Mobile Defense. It might not be so bad if they would check that someone in the squad only has a primary they are leveling equipped before using Stasis when it's totally not needed to begin with, but no, they never do...and they never care.