Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your Top 3 Underpowered Or Imbalanced Mods

AuroraSonicBoom

Hey,

I just wanted to know from you guys which 3 mods you think need a buffing or rebalancing most. DE seems to not be afraid of drastic changes(ex. Pressure Point) in order to make underused items/weapons/warframes a viable choice again, and maybe our input can help them refine their balancing priorities a bit.

Try to stay objective and think of mods that in your opinion need a look at the most, not which mods you personally want changed.

Resistance Mods needs a lot of love. Even in duels they're pretty iffy.

Nerf, nerf..... Not multishot mods, these and +damage mods are core to make high level missions possible... Nightmare mods have those stats for a reason.... Hmm.... I'm actually not sure any mod needs a nerf... In fact most would like buffs.

enemy sense warframe mod is terrible, aura is good. Loot radar should be an aura, most loot is obvious after you learn the tilesets a bit.

Combine them into one and just call it Radar. as you said, loot becomes obvious after a while, and enemy radar isn't at all a necessity like rejuv/ siphon/ amp/ or the scavengers. Hell even Physique and steel charge are more useful. If they combined the two I think it wouldnt be that much of a waste anymore

Steel Fiber needs to be changed so it has some relevance outside of high armor frames, as of now for the most part there's no use even on high armor frames because you get more benefit from high shield/recharge rate vs the 15% extra mitigation. If they tweak it for more benefit on low armor frames allowing them to get at least 50 armor thatd be great :>

No Return, the weakest of the AP mods.  It's hard to justify using it at all once your pistol reaches level 4.

It takes very little mod space to compensate.

My top 3 are:

-Insulation, offers a very small bonus and only protects you from one enemy in the game, and its a boss.

-Lightning Rod, offers a very small bonus, and only protects you from one enemy type in the game, and its an enemy that does very little damage to begin with and rarely hits you

-Shocking Touch, mod space cost is too large for such a small increase in damage. Completely outclassed by Focus Energy.

1. Thunderbolt - Only mod currently capable of reducing your DPS. [Explosion proc eats the arrow damage, turning it into a 250 AoE that doesn't kill things your arrow would've.]

2. Puncture Mods - Does almost nothing, especially for how high the drain cost is.

3. Elemental Resist Mods or Retribution - Plain underwhelming and hard to justify slotting, perfect candidates for multi-stat mods bonuses in my mind!

But it still wastes a mod slot, I'd rather have it's cost and damage go up to match the other AP mods.

Basically this. Energy cost can eventually be overcome with enough Forma and hard work, but you can't overcome a mod being terrible.

Edited by ZephRG

Max Ammo is helpful for beginners, as you waste a lot of ammo and is cheaper to use that vs. buying ammo packs all the time. I used to use it, I don't anymore.

All Elemental Resistance mods: 100% Useless. Like someone has suggested before, elemental resistance should be linked to the type of Warframe you use: Saryn, Ember and Frost would be obvious candidates, the other ones could have some other unique resistance type.

Regular Thief: Completely and utterly useless, except for fusing it to other mods!

Metal Auger: Super expensive considering the amount of enemies that use a metal shield, which is just one.

Edited by Soaron

Max Ammo is helpful for beginners, as you waste a lot of ammo and is cheaper to use that vs. buying ammo packs all the time. I used to use it, I don't anymore.

Max ammo is still very useful for weapons like Twin Vipers (I once had the alert for lv80 Jackal... I actually burned all 8 ammo packs I had on that mission. They were only rank 15 or so, and they weren't optimally built for that run (was a random friend invite), but still...). In fact, I have no idea how you could use Vipers without having Trick Mag on them, they eat ammo so fast. It's also not bad on Snipers, mostly because I've gone entire T3 runs without seeing a single sniper ammo drop. Or on the Gorgon, or the Supra, or the Grakatta, or, or, or... Max Ammo is not a newb-trap mod. You run out of ammo boxes eventually and if you're using a gun that actually has that high of a consumption, you need all the ammo supply you can get.

Also remember, ammo packs completely refill your ammo. That includes the increased max the +Ammo mods give.

Anyways... In no particular order

Puncture needs some buffs (they got overnerfed hard) as right now they're basically worthless.

Theif's Wit is lolderp... I liked the idea of combining it with Enemy Sense (which is also lolderp compared to the Aura).

The Resistance mods are useless as well, need to go up to at least 50% to be worth it. Still won't matter as my Snidal will oneshot everyone in PvP regardless (just wait till I get a lanka lol), but at least then these might see use in PvE once we get more PvE mobs that use elements (high probability if they're introducing fauna in the grineer outposts (livestream spoiler)).

No Return (the pistol AP mod) needs to be buffed at least to be on-par with Piercing Hit. It will make the Despair and Acrid a tad stronger, but will massively boost up all other secondaries to be closer to those two.

Staggering Force needs a look at, as in my experience, most melee weapons either never stagger or always stagger in the first place.

Shocking Touch is equalled in electric damage % by r0 Focus Energy while costing 3 more mod points. Put it on par with Molten, please :/

Steel Fiber is pretty much useless as said earlier. Couple it with a mod that converts a percentage of armor into shield armor, and it'd be kinda awesome... on Rhino, Frost, and Saryn. Making it do something like 5 per rank or 15% (whichever is higher) would make it not shaft any frame due to its base stats, and result in a notable gain on 10-armors.

Vitality has a similar issue as Steel Fiber- why are you taking health damage in the first place? A good way to fix this is to add health orbs to enemy drops (just like energy orbs), as a reliable source of healing without a Trinity (who is a 10-armor frame who shouldn't take damage to begin with (lolink)) would make healthtanking over shield tanking potentially viable.

The Scav Auras need to boost the ammo gained when you pick up the pack rather than increase drop rate. 4 guys play a match, one has Shotty Scav, one has Rifle Scav, one has Sniper Scav, one has Pistol Scav. Ammo drop rates remain the same. Or, 4 guys play a match, only one uses a shotty, all three of the other guys have non-shotty scavs. Suddenly the shotty guy runs out of ammo and can't seem to ever replenish it without using ammo packs.

ALL THESE GOD DAMN SKILL CARD DROPS. Seriously, turn them into fusion cores. That's all they are, S#&$ty fusion cores.

Charged Chamber should go up to 80% and cost the same as Primed Chamber. Sure, it's not on-par with Primed Chamber, but then, you never said Primed Chamber was going to be the LE exclusive crap you made it into. In fact it was actually implied that they merely were getting them before anybody else. At least allow those of us who didn't grind out 2k+ to get something worth-while instead of the waste of mod points Charged is. We don't have a Mechromancer to drop a clip size to 1 but buff the reload to fast.

Pistol Crit Mods could use a slight upward tweak to be closer to the rifle ones, but it's fine if they don't get it... I guess...

Slip Mag definitely needs a buff now that Ice Storm gives you a higher percentage of max clip AND more damage for the same mod points.

Retribution is one mod I don't have, but I hear it sucks really bad.

Handspring is another mod I don't have, but I keep hearing it's pretty bad as well.

Shock Absorbers is a mod I have, but the max percent resist while grounded is 20%... Would rather use Handspring and just get off the ground faster. At least double, if not tripple that and it'd be worth it.

Sanctuary I FINALLY got to drop. The shield amount is pitiful. Like, really, it's more of a status mod than anything. Maybe make it also do a shoving effect when the shield initially goes up to make it do something against Infested? I dunno. The bubble looks good, but that's about it.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

Steel Fiber needs to be changed so it has some relevance outside of high armor frames, as of now for the most part there's no use even on high armor frames because you get more benefit from high shield/recharge rate vs the 15% extra mitigation. If they tweak it for more benefit on low armor frames allowing them to get at least 50 armor thatd be great :>

Having more armor raise your effective life dramatically. At 300 armor 100/(300+100)=.25 x damage taken, it is health/Modifier(.25 in case of 300 armor)=effective health. It just cost way too much and is useless as a rank 10 mod(should be 5 ranks at most for 110%)

I agree for the most part with TheBlueJelly on the list of mods that need help.

Edited by LazyKnight

Max ammo is still very useful for weapons like Twin Vipers (I once had the alert for lv80 Jackal... I actually burned all 8 ammo packs I had on that mission. They were only rank 15 or so, and they weren't optimally built for that run (was a random friend invite), but still...). In fact, I have no idea how you could use Vipers without having Trick Mag on them, they eat ammo so fast.  

I agree here. Some weapons require the ammo mods - I have used Twin Vipers and even though I loved the fire rate, I was always running out of ammo and burning through packs. It just didn't feel right. I guess I only commented from my own experience, as I almost don't use any ammo mods now (but the weapon does matter).

And another thing you mention here: JACKAL. That enemy should be renamed "Ammo Dumpster".  It is annoying that an enemy that is just not that difficult takes so long to kill, burning through all your ammo. I've literally seen matches where you're just watching players shoot that thing continuously without even moving.  That boss could use some work, make the fight more difficult, more exciting and less ammo consuming.

Also magazine capacity mods should always round up, or at least give a minimum of +1 extra round.  Considering the cost to equip there is no reason they should ever provide 0 (Lex + rank 0 Slip Mag = 0, same for Snipetron, Hek, etc.).

Edited by Mateodon