The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a set xp amount you earn daily? Or is it a bug that pauses the xp bar preventing you from leveling up?

nintendo247

Question

For the past week I have noticed that when I am grinding trying to rank up, that my rank up bar pauses like right now I am almost rank 8", but i only managed to gain 250 xp today and it paused at 2799 left to gain, or something. Is this a bug or is this a part of the game?.

Edited by nintendo247

18 answers to this question

Never ran into this before.

The only thing I can think of, is if you're using Forma'd gear.  The first time an item gains xp is the only time you gain Mastery Affinity, you wont gain more once it's been Forma'd.

Are you using brand new items and running into this, or are you hitting 30, putting on a Forma and then your xp gain stops?

i havent taken pics ive uninstalled the game from steam and am currently reinstalling it. as for the second thing im close to getting to the mastery rankup test but my xp points bar pauses. Ive checked it after every mission and match ive gone through and it hadnt changed. 

Just now, nintendo247 said:

ive forma,d so thats probably why. Kind of an anoying system by the sound of it.

Well, it keeps people from applying multiple Forma and gaining Mastery from the same weapon over and over again.  Plus, DE really wants people to use as many weapons as they can make.

Mastery Rank XP is not like other typical XP systems where you just gain XP from running missions, getting kills, or completing objectives.

Mastery Rank is XP accumulated for using different Warframes, weapons, companions, and completing the Star Chart. Each item has a set amount of XP that can only be earned once (reaching level 30 with an item). You have to use other items you haven't tried before to earn Mastery XP from those items.

Edited by Maicael

Sigh http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank

''Take note that each individual equipment will only grant its mastery points once per rank per variant — Polarization, selling a Rank 30 equipment and then purchasing & reusing it will NOT grant mastery points again, including in the event that a copy of an already max-ranked equipment is obtained and used. If an equipment below max rank is sold, then purchased and reused, only the ranks previously not gained will grant mastery points.''

Why is it so hard for some people to just read?

Also, every piece of equipment (including companions) that can be leveled can only go up to rank 30, the game even clearly tells you that's the maximum rank. Using forma simply ressets the rank and puts in a polarity of your choice on the mod slot you selected, it is completely unnecasery unleass you needed more mod points to put in other mods or upgrade the rank of mods you already have in the build.

6 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Sigh http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank

''Take note that each individual equipment will only grant its mastery points once per rank per variant — Polarization, selling a Rank 30 equipment and then purchasing & reusing it will NOT grant mastery points again, including in the event that a copy of an already max-ranked equipment is obtained and used. If an equipment below max rank is sold, then purchased and reused, only the ranks previously not gained will grant mastery points.''

Why is it so hard for some people to just read?

Also, every piece of equipment (including companions) that can be leveled can only go up to rank 30, the game even clearly tells you that's the maximum rank. Using forma simply ressets the rank and puts in a polarity of your choice on the mod slot you selected, it is completely unnecasery unleass you needed more mod points to put in other mods or upgrade the rank of mods you already have in the build.

did you even read the rest of the thread?  the only new things you added were "sigh" and "why is it so hard for some people to just read?" everything else you said has been already discussed