Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Duality Equinox. In deeps review.

Chatv71e

11 hours ago, MotherofHermes said:

So. For a build that uses narrow minded there isn't much use for this. However, if you have an average range and good efficiency then this becomes awesome. 

Why: maim procs. 

If you don't have energy transfer you have to reactivate Mend/maim. This takes a good second. However, With Energy transfer you can reactivate maim and restun all the enemies around you and update your duality clone at the sametime. instead of a turret that you put on a high point, I have a duality focused on jumping into the middle of enemies, forcing a maim proc, and then fighting back to back with pyrana primes (you should def try this, it's awesome). 

Also, after your stun (or at any time) if you need HP simply switch forms again and deactivate mend for a big team heal. While you are doing this, your buddy has killed 3 enemies with Pyrana prime and now is holding the spectral one as well.

I dig it. I'm a bit based because I use Duality as death turret, I feel like it does better work when it doesn't have to move. On top of that, jumping into enemies as squishy equinox might not be the best idea (especially in hour long missions), but what you said right there sounds great and well thought out.

I'd like you to share the build and I will give that mod it another look.

11 hours ago, MotherofHermes said:

Btw, have you tried pyrana prime? quick reload. one animation. great damage. small spread on it makes the specters lack of accuracy not so bad. 4* riven disposition.

I tried it, it's in a comments a little bit above. A good gun, but special effect doesn't work on duality, sadly.

Edited by Chatv71e

Also good news, I finished running some test and  I can pretty much confirm that all homing bullets bugs has been removed. Cheers DE!

Lanka  Hema Mutalist Quanta Supra Mara Detron Tetra Paracyst - are now working as intended. Well.... almost.....

You can try them out but don't expect much.

Lanka  does great but it's charging can be interrupted a lot.

Mara Detron doing a great job and also detonates enemies with Thermagnetic Shells

Tetra doing great and makes bullets bounce around with Kinetic Ricochet

Hema Paracyst   not doing so great because they have awful bullet spread, but still hit enemies  like 30% of the time.

Supra has a very long reload

And of course all of those might miss due to projectile travel time

Edited by Chatv71e

My build:

https://goo.gl/kbEsdT

So. the builder doesn't show you everything because it doesn't have energy transfer(hence the open slot). Streamline, the aura, and co-action drift can be switched with just about anything to suit your fancy. I would recommend health regen aura and maybe range if you don't have too many energy issues

Regarding my playstyle with equinox. It is a bit different then some. Why?

I started playing 3 or 4 years ago. My first warframe was mag and my most sought after frame was banshee. I played a lot of banshee for awhile. Especially after the parkour update. In short, I don't stand still and I'm used to my only resort to threats is pumping out as much damage as possible while they are stunned for 2 seconds. (maim does this)

I always run a healing furis or a melee weapon with lifestrike. hunter adrenaline or rage is in most of my builds. 

I use medi ray on my sentienel. 

I have guardian and trickery arcanes this means:

1 Everytime I do a stealth takedown (like with night form sleep) I have a chance to turn invisible for 20 seconds. 

2 everytime i get hit I have a chance to have an additional 500 armor for a bit. 

Between all of these things (some of which I use all the time, some which I don't) I can afford a playstyle that is a little more agro even in sorties. 

The build is a lot of fun and uses the switch forms mechanic more like I felt it should have when I first picked up Equinox. Every 10 seconds we swap forms to keep duality up. This gives our enemy another target and also lets us put out c.c. consistently. why?

Without having to turn 4 off unless we want to we can resummon duality at will and as a one handed action turn maim on and off. This is extremely powerful. It is similiar to being able to spam accelerant with ember, but instead you get slash procs everywhere. 

In night form we still have access to sleep to issue a form of reactive defense as well as keeping enemies in place for duality to snipe while we melee backstab (in my case i'm fishing for Trickery procs). 

Quick thinking is useful in night form as well. Once we stumble we simply hit 4 to turn it off and our bar is back up and running. press 1 again to make a clone that the enemies might target and then bullet jump up and aimglide cast maim as our duality specter goes to work. 

I commonly use Vectis Prime, prisma gorgon, and anything else that doesn't bug out the specter. 

My secondary is either pyrana prime, furis, or (thanks to this thread) arca cisco. I would also recommend Sonicor, but depending on the map your team may hate you.

My melee weapon of choice is usually a dagger (covert lethality), ether daggers (i have a riven don't do this), or glaive prime. 

2 hours ago, MotherofHermes said:

My build:

https://goo.gl/kbEsdT

So. the builder doesn't show you everything because it doesn't have energy transfer(hence the open slot). Streamline, the aura, and co-action drift can be switched with just about anything to suit your fancy. I would recommend health regen aura and maybe range if you don't have too many energy issues

Regarding my playstyle with equinox. It is a bit different then some. Why?

I started playing 3 or 4 years ago. My first warframe was mag and my most sought after frame was banshee. I played a lot of banshee for awhile. Especially after the parkour update. In short, I don't stand still and I'm used to my only resort to threats is pumping out as much damage as possible while they are stunned for 2 seconds. (maim does this)

I always run a healing furis or a melee weapon with lifestrike. hunter adrenaline or rage is in most of my builds. 

I use medi ray on my sentienel. 

I have guardian and trickery arcanes this means:

1 Everytime I do a stealth takedown (like with night form sleep) I have a chance to turn invisible for 20 seconds. 

2 everytime i get hit I have a chance to have an additional 500 armor for a bit. 

Between all of these things (some of which I use all the time, some which I don't) I can afford a playstyle that is a little more agro even in sorties. 

The build is a lot of fun and uses the switch forms mechanic more like I felt it should have when I first picked up Equinox. Every 10 seconds we swap forms to keep duality up. This gives our enemy another target and also lets us put out c.c. consistently. why?

Without having to turn 4 off unless we want to we can resummon duality at will and as a one handed action turn maim on and off. This is extremely powerful. It is similiar to being able to spam accelerant with ember, but instead you get slash procs everywhere. 

In night form we still have access to sleep to issue a form of reactive defense as well as keeping enemies in place for duality to snipe while we melee backstab (in my case i'm fishing for Trickery procs). 

Quick thinking is useful in night form as well. Once we stumble we simply hit 4 to turn it off and our bar is back up and running. press 1 again to make a clone that the enemies might target and then bullet jump up and aimglide cast maim as our duality specter goes to work. 

I commonly use Vectis Prime, prisma gorgon, and anything else that doesn't bug out the specter. 

My secondary is either pyrana prime, furis, or (thanks to this thread) arca cisco. I would also recommend Sonicor, but depending on the map your team may hate you.

My melee weapon of choice is usually a dagger (covert lethality), ether daggers (i have a riven don't do this), or glaive prime. 

This sounds lit my friend. Being able to stun enemies with you 1 that has faster cast time and is one handed action sounds really powerful. You can do that even when reloading.
No shields with rage should keep your energy up, but I wonder doesn't overshields from your 4 prevent this? Quick thinking sounds really fun, because even if it make you run out of energy, that will mean you will let out your 4 and either kill everything around you, or heal up to full.

Though your weapon of choice seems kinda weird for that play style. Everything you lists is suited for ranged combat.

Try out recently fixed Mara Detron with Thermagnetic Shells to make your specter shotgunt in close range and make enemies explode.
Atomos is also a great choice for close combat even on high level.
Zakti can be amazing because clone will enable you to do finishers.

Zarr is great to use since it blows everything up, splashes, and you can use shotgun mode. 
Torid can be really fun, leaving high damage clouds, but can also be dangerous. Clone will spawn bunch of them, giving you eye grape, and those can damage you as well in certain cases.
Astilla can be very strong with its splash damage and also has a good hit rate on medium range,

I'm recently playing a bit with Javlok and it also seems to be very strong with it's pin point accuracy, you can give it a go.

I love the build although I traded streamline for stretch and run with weapon holster speed aura and pain threshold for little less stagger, and  run with zenuik to compensate the efficiency drop, great work both of you

Edited by Ninjas_

55 minutes ago, Zahua said:

This thing can't target Eidelon limbs right?

Right. It will target the middle of their body. But if you could redirect her bullets with some bullet attractor effect, it would hit the limbs. Too much effort for little consistency tho.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-08-20 at 1:21 AM, HypeFyre said:

Constitution gives you more duration than Augur Message, however it may require another forma.

Constitution is a really good mod for duality not only because of duration, but also because it makes your clone get up from the ground much faster if it's knocked down. 

But it eats up a lot of mod capacity, that is true.

Small update.

We got two new guns 

Prisma Twin Gremlins - have both good and bad sides. Good sides are - very fast reload speed, nice crit and status, causing lot of 300% boosted slash procs. Bad sides are - it's a projectile weapon with somewhat bad accuracy in hands of AI. Also no riven mods for it. But if you really like this gun, you can as well use it on duality and it will do okay-ish.

Phantasma - is a very very bad. Specter can't use alt fire, and primary fire has limited 20m range ( with no option to extend it with Sinister reach) and even if you could extend it, the beam kinda just tickles. On a bright side, reload is rather fast, but that's it.

New Gun!

Zylok is both bugged and performs badly.

Sad news.

Its bugged in a good way, letting AI fan the hammer and shot all 8 (or more if you mod for it) bullets at once. Insane damage.

But it still performs poorly because it has constant double reloads and Very VERY bad accuracy against moving targets (okay accuracy against stationary)

Either way, if you mod it for reload and more bullets in magazine it can work as a good shotgun for Duality. Not so much for yourself tho.

Edited by Chatv71e

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-08-17 at 4:13 AM, MotherofHermes said:

So. Stubba is actually a really solid sidearm. good riven disposition. I think it is highly underrated.

I kinda regret selling my Stubba riven now.

As for the OP thanks for the infomation, i'll be broowing these builds for Equinox and the Arca Sisco.

• 1 month later...

Alright you clone lovers, we finally got some new content.
I'll try to waste some of my time and put in the good stuff, but I'm just too lazy so its not gonna be fast.

As a heads up here is key moments.

Duality is prety good in Arbitrations simply beacause

1) Its ability that summons a weapon that does weapon damage. Meaning it will be doing weapon damage and  fully ignore ability immunity

2) AI prioritizes flying targets. The annoying drones are flying targets. Duality will seek and kill them first.

3) Low risc of getting killed because you prolly gonna be on a high ground, 300m away from enemies, letting your duality snipe things.

Due to that, I will be adding more hot spots for Interceptions and Defs where you can place your duality and laugh at lvl 100 enemies.

Build changes are also incoming. TL;DR I'm adding 2 mods to the build - Adaptation and  Quick Thinking. Both of them WILL affect your clone. (Primed  flow however, will not, so your clone will have base energy pool). 90% dmg reduction for both you and clone is pretty damn good.

As for the weapons, nothing new, nothing great. Lots of new melees, usless for duality. Rubico prime is decent pick. For Arbitrations  Amprex + Stubba/Arca Scisco is a great combo. Maybe I'll come up with something better.

Edited by Chatv71e

Here we go. Grineer Saturn interception. unknown.png

Rock near C covers pretty much entire map. Was easy 2 hour afk for me.

Also for those of you who haven't figured, Staticor got buffed to the oblivion. Try it out on duality. Bets if you put Lethal Momentum on it. Even better if you Lethal Momentum + Riven with same stats. That's like having explosive hikou but it kills end game enemies now.

Edited by Chatv71e