Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sapping Ospreys, Nullifier Crewman, Bombing/mine Ospreys: a challenge?

StabbyTentacles

Perhaps but a sortie with a corridor full of spamming: Sapping Ospreys, Nullifier Crewman, Bombing/mine Ospreys… Is simply idiotic game design.:facepalm:

If a corridor (small area that must be passed/navigated) is teeming/full of spamming: Sapping Ospreys, Nullifier Crewman, and Bombing/mine Ospreys; all lvl 80 then we need a painless way to 'fix' this phenomenon.

Yes there are cheeses Limbo, or being a D bag:facepalm: and running ahead of squad drawing every Sapping Ospreys, Nullifier Crewman, Bombing/mine Ospreys agro and creating the carpet bomb from hell in your wake.

Warframes gameplay does not encourage slowly clearing this mess of a situation. 

Not to mention the sheer stupidity of this kind of situation: Hey I just saw a warframe run past me; oh I know let's all drop 5 million bombs here; where they aren't...:crylaugh::facepalm:

Corridors full of them is more a symptom of the spawning mechanics than, "bad game design."

Often the solution to this is something we, in the game, like to call AoE. Or crowd control (radiation isn't dispelled by a nullifier). Or parkour. Or just not sitting in a corridor long enough for it to become a problem, in the first place.

It will take a lot to convince me that this is, in any way, an actual problem because in any mission where you're on the move a situation like that is so rarely encountered in a way that holds you up that I cannot believe that is what sparked this topic. In any situation where you've chosen to hold out in a place where the only way out is a straight corridor then that's your own bad tactical decision and you're going to get bottlenecked and destroyed in the same manner that you do to the enemies that you are complaining about in this very topic.

You've been given the proper tools to handle these enemies even at a sortie level. Use them.

I am, of course, aware that Sapping Ospreys have a huge AoE that doesn't seem to be telegraphed appropriately around their mines. That's a whole other issue but that can still be countered by using the wide variety of AoE weapons you have available.

it's bad game design plain and simple. most corpus missions are on their ships which have long corridors and hardly  high enough ( ceiling) to parkour around or over those rings of death.

enemies scaling damage output against a warframe is just ridiculous. the enemis gets stronger by the minute while your powers remain at 1 level and your weapons damage diminishes< as stated above by the Op, one player runs ahead ( presumably the rabbit that the A.I. chases) or spawns close to<> this is seen in every mission type especially relic missions when in groups<> another bad design. Now the whole corridor is impassable filles with sapping rings nullies bombards etc  and lotus cries if a coomba or bursa is in the mix.

the thing I just cant understand is whenever anyone point out these things there is always those who defends these bad game designs<< a pig is just what it is.

Sapping Ospreys are only a problem in that their orbs drain you in a 360 degree area, not just the glowing blue circle around the actual object, their real AoE isn't telegraphed well at all like Combas, Napalms, or Leech/Fire/Cold/Toxin Eximus units.

And since this game tends to just become visual vomit during an actual intense firefight, more often than not things like that go unnoticed and you die what feels like a cheap death

Edited by 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4

On 8/14/2017 at 10:09 AM, Chipputer said:

You've been given the proper tools to handle these enemies even at a sortie level. Use them.

You have been given clear information. I do not accept your 'belief'.

On 8/14/2017 at 10:18 AM, Elvangreen said:

":facepalm:"  ?

:facepalm:

On 8/14/2017 at 10:32 AM, ranks21 said:

it's bad game design plain and simple. most corpus missions are on their ships which have long corridors and hardly  high enough ( ceiling) to parkour around or over those rings of death.

enemies scaling damage output against a warframe is just ridiculous. the enemis gets stronger by the minute while your powers remain at 1 level and your weapons damage diminishes< as stated above by the Op, one player runs ahead ( presumably the rabbit that the A.I. chases) or spawns close to<> this is seen in every mission type especially relic missions when in groups<> another bad design. Now the whole corridor is impassable filles with sapping rings nullies bombards etc  and lotus cries if a coomba or bursa is in the mix.

the thing I just cant understand is whenever anyone point out these things there is always those who defends these bad game designs<< a pig is just what it is.

Yeah there's always that player; oh this is great I love it when there is a clear issue with game design. For there is no issue. For everything is perfect. Nothing to see here move along. lol

On 8/14/2017 at 10:33 AM, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Sapping Ospreys are only a problem in that their orbs drain you in a 360 degree area, not just the glowing blue circle around the actual object, their real AoE isn't telegraphed well at all like Combas, Napalms, or Leech/Fire/Cold/Toxin Eximus units.

And since this game tends to just become visual vomit during an actual intense firefight, more often than not things like that go unnoticed and you die what feels like a cheap death

There is no issue with the enemies as they are intended.

There is an issue with the enemies when they are spammed so 6+ of Sapping Ospreys, Nullifier Crewman, and Bombing/mine Ospreys; all lvl 80. While all these Sapping Ospreys, and Bombing/mine Ospreys; all lvl 80 are also spamming bombs, (carpet bombing a tight area, an area you cant 'clear.')   

On 8/14/2017 at 9:29 AM, StabbyTentacles said:

If a corridor (small area that must be passed/navigated) is teeming/full of spamming: Sapping Ospreys, Nullifier Crewman, and Bombing/mine Ospreys; all lvl 80 then we need a painless way to 'fix' this phenomenon.

teeming/full

of spamming: Sapping Ospreys, Nullifier Crewman, and Bombing/mine Ospreys; all lvl 80

In this situation you have a carpet bombed tight area, an area you cant 'clear', (spamming: Sapping Ospreys, Nullifier Crewman, and Bombing/mine Ospreys; all lvl 80.) An area you cant stealth. (Nullifier Crewman) 

On 8/13/2017 at 5:29 PM, StabbyTentacles said:

Perhaps but a sortie with a corridor full of spamming: Sapping Ospreys, Nullifier Crewman, Bombing/mine Ospreys… Is simply idiotic game design.:facepalm:

Yes there are cheeses Limbo, or being a D bag:facepalm: and running ahead of squad drawing every Sapping Ospreys, Nullifier Crewman, Bombing/mine Ospreys agro and creating the carpet bomb from hell in your wake.

Warframes gameplay does not encourage slowly clearing this mess of a situation. 

Not to mention the sheer stupidity of this kind of situation: Hey I just saw a warframe run past me; oh I know let's all drop 5 million bombs here; where they aren't...:crylaugh::facepalm:

You also forgot body blocking doors. Seriously, I've died continually because of nothing short of units body blocking the door while the entire location ends up painted in sapper bombs that basically end up one offing me due if nothing else just to the quantity of them.

On 08/13/2017 at 8:09 PM, Chipputer said:

Corridors full of them is more a symptom of the spawning mechanics than, "bad game design."

Often the solution to this is something we, in the game, like to call AoE. Or crowd control (radiation isn't dispelled by a nullifier). Or parkour. Or just not sitting in a corridor long enough for it to become a problem, in the first place.

It will take a lot to convince me that this is, in any way, an actual problem because in any mission where you're on the move a situation like that is so rarely encountered in a way that holds you up that I cannot believe that is what sparked this topic. In any situation where you've chosen to hold out in a place where the only way out is a straight corridor then that's your own bad tactical decision and you're going to get bottlenecked and destroyed in the same manner that you do to the enemies that you are complaining about in this very topic.

I am, of course, aware that Sapping Ospreys have a huge AoE that doesn't seem to be telegraphed appropriately around their mines. That's a whole other issue but that can still be countered by using the wide variety of AoE weapons you have available.

This happens to me all the time. Teammates rush ahead, I'm slightly behind. Enemies litter the floor as op describes, my teammates don't need to deal with any of it as they're passed this particular corridor. I have to deal with it all by myself usually.

I don't consider this bad design though, just bad teammates. There are occasionally teammates on my team that recognize that someone can't just run through this mess and they'll at least kill the ospreysa and nullifiers, they're rare and far in between though.

Or...hear me out here....or, you could just not charge blindly into said corridor, take a step back, and consider what your tools give you to deal with the situation. You have slam attacks that knock down the threats to temporarily neutralize them, you uave AoE attacks that can dispatch the group while out of range, you have precision tools that can quickly take down single enemies to clear the way. Unless you go into a mission with gear intentionally designed not to be able to deal with a crowd, you should never have this problem and find it unresolvable. And if you did go into the mission unprepared, that's entirely on you.

I will admit, the design of the enemies and how they interact with their environment is problematic, and needs reexamined. But you have the tools to deal with this, so shoving your problems entirely onto "bad game design" does nothing more than keep you from bettering yourself as a player.

On 8/16/2017 at 5:34 AM, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

Or...hear me out here....or, you could just not charge blindly into said corridor, take a step back, and consider what your tools give you to deal with the situation. You have slam attacks that knock down the threats to temporarily neutralize them, you uave AoE attacks that can dispatch the group while out of range, you have precision tools that can quickly take down single enemies to clear the way. Unless you go into a mission with gear intentionally designed not to be able to deal with a crowd, you should never have this problem and find it unresolvable. And if you did go into the mission unprepared, that's entirely on you.

I will admit, the design of the enemies and how they interact with their environment is problematic, and needs reexamined. But you have the tools to deal with this, so shoving your problems entirely onto "bad game design" does nothing more than keep you from bettering yourself as a player.

Having the tools, does not equate to good design. Having the tools, does not even equate to mediocre design.

On 8/15/2017 at 8:54 PM, TaylorsContraction said:

This happens to me all the time. Teammates rush ahead, I'm slightly behind. Enemies litter the floor as op describes, my teammates don't need to deal with any of it as they're passed this particular corridor. I have to deal with it all by myself usually.

I don't consider this bad design though, just bad teammates. There are occasionally teammates on my team that recognize that someone can't just run through this mess and they'll at least kill the ospreysa and nullifiers, they're rare and far in between though.

It is bad design in the sense the implemented 'architecture' does not match with the nature of the game.

All mission in Warframe are speed runs, unless they're endless missions.

If the intention is to slow progress, team progress; then have an element that does this. If while you're loading in other players can cause this kind of mess for you, then that is mediocre design at best.

Yes the teammates, are not helping you out; (that said who knows when, or if, another player is going to spawn into some missions?)

Edited by StabbyTentacles