Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Telos Boltace Revival

(PSN)Joshhwwaaaaaa

Ways to adjust the Telos Boltace and balance it, imho, without disenfranchising both the nerf and buff parties for this weapon:

• Relatively the current slide mechanics still remain the same.
  • Remove the Cooldown.
  • Remove the follow-up slide mechanic that ragdolls enemies away.
  • Allow the Vacuum slide to break boxes. Boost the damage/DoT enough to break them, but not so much that it can deal significant damage to enemies.

I feel that for the most part, everyone is ok with the vacuum with the Telos Boltace's current mechanic. Everyone for the most part HATES THE RAGDOLL EFFECT ON THE FOLLOW-UP SLIDE ATTACK. A minority of players, including myself, are not a fan of ability cooldown considering it slows down gameplay to a certain extent and obstructs the form factor of this Syndicate tonfas special mechanic. We all want our box breaker back, but we want to have it be consistent with its feature instead of waiting for it to work as intended.

Quite honestly, the Telos Boltace is in an ok place with its current iteration, but the QoL changes I listed above would step it up to another level. We want our Vorpal bladed Tonfa Vacuumer with a side of Box Breaking to serve the enemy on a silver platter. Not the Big Bad Wolf that blows hot air with little efficiency to make use of itself.

The old telos boltace indeed needed the nerf but the way they nerf it just make thing much worse. The Pull and Push mechanic that we have now is unreliable in almost every scenarios. Dmg crit and status are still pretty good but that just it. If they were to breathe some life into the weapon i hope it will be a cooldown decrease or another change into the special effect. More stagger or even a stun on push and pull would be really nice too.

The 10 seconds cooldown wouldn't do it any justice really, the reason it was so powerful is that it was able to stack heavy amounts of slash damage. If you would add a 10 second cooldown it'd be just like shooting an enemy once with the braton and getting a weak to decent slash proc. In my opinion it's better how it is now.

57 minutes ago, Cephalon_Drakon said:

The 10 seconds cooldown wouldn't do it any justice really, the reason it was so powerful is that it was able to stack heavy amounts of slash damage. If you would add a 10 second cooldown it'd be just like shooting an enemy once with the braton and getting a weak to decent slash proc. In my opinion it's better how it is now.

It would only be better if it wont have the push effect.

Tonfas are designed for slide attacks and having an attack what pushes enemies out of range is bad, really bad.

20 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

It would only be better if it wont have the push effect.

Tonfas are designed for slide attacks and having an attack what pushes enemies out of range is bad, really bad.

Completely and totally agree.

Take for instance Valkyr's Prolonged Paralysis. It slowly pulls enemies into her CQC, deals mediocre-low damage, and makes enemies prone at the cost of sparse energy and shields. It's spammable. It fits Valkyr's playstyle in being a melee frame and grouping enemies within her range of contact. The Telos Boltace vacuums enemies in with very low DoTs and briefly staggers enemies into your CQC. That one slide mechanic is all we need for these Syndicate tonfas, not some creative suck-&-blow venture that frustrates melee users trying to get a hit in because of the push mechanic and Syndicate ability cooldown.

On 8/14/2017 at 9:07 AM, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

The Telos Boltace used to be fun and now it's not. 

The Telos Boltace mechanic nerf was uncalled for really. Bring back the old way it used to work with the slash procs. 

But...

Keep the cool down mechanic. That's all that was needed in the first place. 

Thanks for reading.

**Edit: after seeing some of the comments I want to make it clear that the cool down would be long enough to be considered balanced. Such as something like 10 seconds.

Lack of Fun is ur opinion. Telos boltace is stupid fun now, and still incredibly op. Are u a noob?

5 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Lack of Fun is ur opinion. Telos boltace is stupid fun now, and still incredibly op. Are u a noob?

My opinion is that, sure, the Telos Boltace is still fun. It's also incredibly stupid mechanically. Overpowered? No.

Been playing Warframe almost every day since July/August 2015. Come at me.

edit: At least as far as I remember, that was the time when the Ash Prime Access ended and there was an Infested Event that happened where I missed out on the Gorgon Wraith. Fml waiting for the Corpus Invasion bar to fill up to prompt the Razorback Invasion Event.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

Telos is still great, if you use properly, you can destroy pretty much everything. Add mirage 1 and 3 to the part and here you have it! I'm even gonna make a video on the subject atm. And if you want the old interaction back, it's mostly because you wanna do the ez way. It's still OP with the right equipement (tested on level 135 corrupted bombard take 5 sec to kill, not even need to mention the ancient where they are OHKO). 

4 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

My opinion is that, sure, the Telos Boltace is still fun. It's also incredibly stupid mechanically. Overpowered? No.

Been playing Warframe almost every day since July/August 2015. Come at me.

edit: At least as far as I remember, that was the time when the Ash Prime Access ended and there was an Infested Event that happened where I missed out on the Gorgon Wraith. Fml waiting for the Corpus Invasion bar to fill up to prompt the Razorback Invasion Event.

Seriously, im not trollin u. Telos boltace can wreck everything.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Seriously, im not trollin u. Telos boltace can wreck everything.

Yeah, I'm aware. I just feel that there are more comfortable and optimal setups to run when it comes to melee. Telos Boltace can wreck, but I don't see it being overpowered.

Granted, I became a Banshee and Saryn main over the year or so, so my perception of what specific gear takes down high level content is immensely skewed.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Yeah, I'm aware. I just feel that there are more comfortable and optimal setups to run when it comes to melee. Telos Boltace can wreck, but I don't see it being overpowered.

Granted, I became a Banshee and Saryn main over the year or so, so my perception of what specific gear takes down high level content is immensely skewed.

But it doesn't need to be op to be good. However, good is perception. If something is good... You use it more. The more u use it, the better u get at using it and the more good it gets. Until it becomes op. 

Ur wanting it to be easy, so u dont have to be good or try.

7 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Ur wanting it to be easy, so u dont have to be good or try.

Please don't assume that. Causation does not mean Correlation. Granted, Warframe is already easy as it is in general.

What I want from the Telos Boltace is efficiency and comfortable form factor with the slide mechanic. Right now it feels clunky to use because of the push mechanic and ability cooldown. In a fast paced game like this, I shouldn't be blowing enemies away on a special mechanic if I'm going to wring unsuspecting foes into my melee bloodlust. The Telos Boltace's mechanic shouldn't be on a timer like an Easy Bake Oven (tm), it should be a vorpal bladed set of tonfas that should optimize on the close quarters contact slide attack like it was made to be.

Easy was the old Telos Boltace. My suggestion at the top of page 2 in this topic does not emphasize at all what the original Telos Boltace is like (high burst damage on AoE slide without the use of a melee combo counter and guaranteed slash procs):

• Remove the Cooldown.
  • Allow the Vacuum slide to break boxes. Boost the damage/DoT enough to break them, but not so much that it can deal significant damage to enemies.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

4 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Please don't assume that. Causation does not mean Correlation. Granted, Warframe is already easy as it is in general.

What I want from the Telos Boltace is efficiency and comfortable form factor with the slide mechanic. Right now it feels clunky to use because of the push mechanic and ability cooldown. In a fast paced game like this, I shouldn't be blowing enemies away on a special mechanic if I'm going to wring unsuspecting foes into my melee bloodlust. The Telos Boltace's mechanic shouldn't be on a timer like an Easy Bake Oven (tm), it should be a vorpal bladed set of tonfas that should optimize on the close quarters contact slide attack like it was made to be.

Easy was the old Telos Boltace. My suggestion at the top of page 2 in this topic does not emphasize at all what the original Telos Boltace is like (high burst damage on AoE slide without the use of a melee combo counter and guaranteed slash procs):

• Remove the Cooldown.

Or just mod it, and play it. Kill things... Rinse repeat.

• 5 weeks later...