Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Telos Boltace Revival

(PSN)Joshhwwaaaaaa

The Telos Boltace used to be fun and now it's not. 

The Telos Boltace mechanic nerf was uncalled for really. Bring back the old way it used to work with the slash procs. 

But...

Keep the cool down mechanic. That's all that was needed in the first place. 

Thanks for reading.

**Edit: after seeing some of the comments I want to make it clear that the cool down would be long enough to be considered balanced. Such as something like 10 seconds.

Edited by (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

Hence the cool down mechanic that I agree with.

the cool down still wouldn't bring it down to the syndicate melee level. the other melees are kind of **** so they had to bring it way down to balance the syndicates. if it wasn't a syndicate weapon the cool down probably would have been fine.

Just now, Wrum said:

the cool down still wouldn't bring it down to the syndicate melee level. the other melees are kind of **** so they had to bring it way down to balance the syndicates. if it wasn't a syndicate weapon the cool down probably would have been fine.

Ohhhhhh... but it would. What is it now like a few seconds cool down? Put like a 10 second cool down on it and that would do the trick. I'm amazed how many people would rather see the Telos Boltace stay dead instead of injecting some fun back in with proper balance.

They have a tendency to over-nerf and that's probably just to be on the safe side. 2 nerfs in a row would bring more salt than a single swift one. But still, Telos Boltace is not a bad melee weapon by any means. It should still have the highest spin damage in the game, other than maybe Ohma.

No... the telos boltace was as damaging to team play as spamulor, wof and maim equinox etc.  Some of us actually want to do stuff during a mission rather than just running behind another player who has either pressed 4 or is running a macro for the spin attacks.   And thats ignoring the visual annoyances you would get from following one. 

I will say the telos boltace could lose the 'push away' ability though, thats quite annoying when I use it from time to time. 

Edited by LSG501

1 minute ago, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

If you don't have anything helpful to say why comment to begin with?

Limbo's nuke got killed because other players want something to shoot at, Telos Boltace because of the same reason and blind people needed their eyesight back. You can still spintomacrowin, no Boltace needed... was that helpful enough?

7 minutes ago, O.O_ said:

Limbo's nuke got killed because other players want something to shoot at, Telos Boltace because of the same reason and blind people needed their eyesight back. You can still spintomacrowin, no Boltace needed... was that helpful enough?

This thread is about Telos Boltace. So yes more helpful. 

Now it's "in line" with the other $hit syndicate melees? Really?
Secura lecta spamming with maiming strike. Or the 2sec. kill lvl 100 bombards vaykor sydon. Even the rakta dark dagger with covert lethality can wreak more havoc than a melee with a cool down. A cool down, on a melee...
Surprisingly, even DE admits they nerfed that weapon by giving back formas. :crylaugh:

17 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

No... the telos boltace was as damaging to team play as spamulor, wof and maim equinox etc.  Some of us actually want to do stuff during a mission rather than just running behind another player who has either pressed 4 or is running a macro for the spin attacks.   And thats ignoring the visual annoyances you would get from following one. 

I will say the telos boltace could lose the 'push away' ability though, thats quite annoying when I use it from time to time. 

Yet the spamulor received no mechanic change whatsoever. You are free to leave a mission any time. I do whenever there is a Limbo player present. It's about bringing back how fun the Telos Boltace was. They could have nerfed the damage or made the cool down longer. But no they decided it was necessary to change the mechanic altogether making it IMO useless.

28 minutes ago, DJ_Vauban said:

Yet people spam slide attacks with Atterax+maiming strike lol

But Atterax requires more building than the Boltance used to and its spin attack isnt a 100% Slash proc.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

Yet the spamulor received no mechanic change whatsoever. You are free to leave a mission any time. I do whenever there is a Limbo player present. It's about bringing back how fun the Telos Boltace was. They could have nerfed the damage or made the cool down longer. But no they decided it was necessary to change the mechanic altogether making it IMO useless.

The Spammulor received small changes to its mechanic. Its DoT got drastically toned down and the detonation damage got buffed to motivate players in using it more as it was suppose to. Apparently there is also a cap to how many vortexes it can leave now too.

1 minute ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

But Atterax requires more building than the Boltance used to and its spin attack isnt a 100% Slash proc.

It's basically the same thing just in a different package though, players spam slide attacks and kill everything they touch while others run behind said player, getting to kill nothing.

Just now, BiancaRoughfin said:

The Spammulor received small changes to its mechanic. Its DoT got drastically toned down and the detonation damage got buffed to motivate players in using it more as it was suppose to. Apparently there is also a cap to how many vortexes it can leave now too.

That doesn't change the fact that Atterax Maiming Spinning Wheel of death is OP. But because it's not well known probably will never see a change.

The spamulor while it did receive those small changes, you can still shoot tons of projectiles out and litter the board which the small changes had no effect on in any real way. But because the damage was altered everyone considered it massively nerfed and thus it more or less died out. Granted there are still a handful of players that run Mirage/Simulor. I can still run this combo the old way and still do 75% as well I did before. The mechanic didn't really change. If they really wanted to nerf the Simulor they would remove the vortex altogether and make it manual detonation only. 

Yet here we are and someone at DE decided that the original way the Telos Boltace was designed should be changed altogether instead of an actual balance job.

I have a even simpler fix for it.  Bring it back and remove the interaction with Maiming strike.  I could never understand what the issue with it was until i actually got Maiming Strike and equipped it.  Before it was fun to use because of the synergy with Relentless Combination.  After i added that it became OP in every sense of the word.  And i think that if they had just removed that it would have fixed a lot of the issues.  It already didn't working with Blood rush.

I'm fine with the nerf/change. I was expecting it and didn't really complain. However, the new special ability just sucks. A vortex pull which is great but then...a kick back? Why? How is this good? The pull can be useful to bypass telos boltace' low range and pull the enemies together and slidekill them after. But the kick back destroys this strategy completely. And this also comes with a cooldown? Sorry but i haven't had a single moment in my game where this ability was useful other than being a hinderance. The passive parkour buff is awesome though.

Only reason I hate the nerf is because I can't open crates. The only reason the wave was OP is because it was slash. They could have made it 2 impact damage and the spam problem would have been fixed. Another nerf that shows the Devs don't play ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

You are free to leave a mission any time.

We shouldn't need to though should we.....

36 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Another nerf that shows the Devs don't play ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I know of at least one member of the team that plays the game..... and I'm sure others do too outside of work. 

The problem is that when a new 'idea' is put forward it's tested in house where it's fine because of the 'specific testing' but when it's put into the main game there is often problems due to the way it can be used with for example macro's etc.   Combine with the issue that DE can't really manage balance very well and we get situations where weapons come out and need nerfing because they're being 'abused' (ie macro's on telos boltace etc) rather than being used as intended from the initial idea. 

This is where a small 'testing' server would be quite useful to see how players mod and use a new weapon or frame prior to release or rework etc.

Edited by LSG501

6 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

We shouldn't need to though should we.....

I know of at least one member of the team that plays the game..... and I'm sure others do too outside of work. 

The problem is that when a new 'idea' is put forward it's tested in house where it's fine because of the 'specific testing' but when it's put into the main game there is often problems due to the way it can be used with for example macro's etc.   Combine with the issue that DE can't really manage balance very well and we get situations where weapons come out and need nerfing because they're being 'abused' (ie macro's on telos boltace etc) rather than being used as intended from the initial idea. 

This is where a small 'testing' server would be quite useful to see how players mod and use a new weapon or frame prior to release or rework etc.

Can't say I disagree.