Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to make Lockdown Procedures a real deal

Hecro

I'll go straight to the point.

Every now and then, we get locked down in a tileset. This, more than giving a more thrilling experience to the game, is rather dull. Not only because you get slowed down, but also because how the player itself looks at this situation. When we were newbies, we were trapped with the enemies. Now, those enemies are trapped with us.

How can we make this situation more than just "Go to the specified console, hack and keep moving"? Making it involve either risk of mission failure or death.

Remember when Lotus tells in Spy missions "The enemy would rather destroy their data"? How about "The enemy would rather blow up the whole room you're in"? P.e., we could have certain room-only events, like spreading fire or freezing conditions that involved a quick thinking for facing tough enemies and hacking a certain console in a specified amount of time.

How would this work for the people outside the room? They could just hack a terminal to save their teammates.

I know it's a pretty abstract idea, but just my two cents on a mechanism that is quite obsolete at the moment. I believe it's between scraping it forever or rethinking it.

EDIT: There has been proposed some kind of Archwing added feature in case the room gets destroyed, so that you have to search and fight your way into the mission target back again.

Edited by Hecro

5 minutes ago, Doxorn said:

Ever happened a lockdown in 3rd sorite (enemy level80-100) when you were alone?

NOW that is the place where you are trapped with the enemies.

I don't think that a really specific situation may be a proper counter-argument. Even though if we analyze that quoted situation the thing is you aren't trapped with units designed to make you fail your mission or any other special feature. You still can pull those enemies onto the floor and stunlock them either they are level 1 or 300.

Edited by Hecro

I agree with OP, lockdowns are pretty useless right now. Especially when they lock you down with only two or three of them while the rest is stuck outside of the room.

And let's mention missions where you get locked down during the cinematics. It happens a lot in sorties. You haven't even started the mission, you're already locked down, and there's not a single enemy nearby.

Against the Corpus, it's not too bad, they send Bursas if you don't stop the alarms. But against the Grineer ? They could at the very least send a few Manics and/or Nox your way, so that you would actually have something to fear.

Lockdowns should trigger several Eximus maybe, mostly Nox or some Bursas, Maniacs etc. Enemys that actually can get dangerous in masses, maybe a new type, a sort of Hive Mind Enemy, the more there are the stronger and smarter they get.

Some CC Immunity maybe with it depending on each CC since some frames are heavy CC based and would be defensless onyl for other frames to cheese trough and famr those even instead, which of course we not want i guess.

Edited by Marine027

I think, considering the grineer's general military style, having them flood the adjacent rooms with enemies would be better than doing anything to the room you're trapped in.
They accept that everyone in that room is dead, but they set up a firing line in the next room so you pay for it.

As for corpus, kicking the moa-spawners into overtime would be good, though that's biased by my general thoughts on the corpus (that crewmen should be more like the workers on ceres). 

For certain rooms, I really like the idea of detonating/freezing the room to kill the tenno.
If we ever get more archwing integration it would also be nice to see rooms getting depressurised and the player sealed outside the ship, needing to find a way back in (corpus glass shatters, you're sucked into space and the blast door comes down with you outside).
External tiles could also have bombing runs or something like the ambulas fight, or massed dropships. Could also be a contrived way of spawning units that never appear otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Clearly you've never had a high Duration Limbo put a Console or Spy Vault in a Cataclysm before. XD XD XD

As far as I'm concerned about those issues, you can take Limbo's bubble down

^wrong

Oh, you gave a great idea: nullifying rooms for every of lockdown.

Edited by Hecro

Just now, Hecro said:

As far as I'm concerned about those issues, you can take Limbo's bubble down

Nope. You. Can. Not. =w="

Reason why Limbo has always been the "Troll-Frame". When he puts down a Cataclysm it STAYS there until he deactivates it, or the Duration runs out.....which, thanks to the Rift giving energy, he can always just pop the Cataclysm right back on again either way. Meaning if you're doing a Sortie Spy, and you get to the console, only for the Limbo to cast Cataclysm on you and the entire Vault, forcefully kicking you off of it, you can not try to save the Purge count down while that Cataclysm is there. Same would hold true for any hack-able console type, meaning OP's suggestion would just power up Limbo trolling game to another level, as ANY mission type can now fail thanks to a Limbo Troll.

(What you CAN break is the Stasis power, which can be overloaded with projectiles if you're shooting in the Rift, be it in a Cataclysm, or Banished, Etc.)