Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Deluxe Skin Feedback

octobotimus

1 minute ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Most players don’t know why they had to redo the whole skin. 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but one of the DE members had a confrontation with other DE members and they fired him I believe. So they had to redo the whole skin from the bottom up because the person didn’t work at DE anymore.

Yes, one of the designers left, but they still used his mag deluxe skin after that.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but one of the DE members had a confrontation with other DE members and they fired him I believe. So they had to redo the whole skin from the bottom up because the person didn’t work at DE anymore.

and that's where u are wrong

you should do more research before posting
the person who designed that skins was a player just like u and me
DE decided to stop working with him and still put out his concept of the mag deluxe skin
see there is no reason why they "had to rework" anything

No, it was a contractor that was working with them, not a DE member. They had an argument about how DE handle his concept art (typical artist stuff most probably) and they parted their ways.
DE had rights to the concept art he made, but decided not to use it and make their own deluxe skin instead. Weather the new deluxe is better or not, that was a good decision, because DE keeping the artists work and cashing on it, after they parted their ways, would be a little pathetic and DE would be getting fire under their butts for it toom same way they do now.

That said, I love my Ember deluxe, not so much Nekros deluxe, but bought both, putting both to good use. And people making this outrage are just childish.

The person who originally designed the Warframe Deluxe skins recently got fired because he went against the idea of how the Ember Deluxe skin went, but we never got leaks of what his idea for the deluxe skin was. I don't remember the name of the person who got fired, but I'd like to see what he would've done with the Ember skin if he had the wheel.

While I'm personally not a fan of the Vermillion skin, that's more due to my personal sense of aesthetics. At least it's not as horrid as the Nova Asuri skin. 

I wasn't a fan of IgnusDei's concept for Ember either, so no skin off my back. 

But hotdamn, that sexy sexy Nekros skin <3

The problem isn't that the old one was better, the probleme is that the new is increadibly ugly.

Honestly, I think it's the ugliest thing in the game, even before Hind and Vayhek face.
It match halloween theme, but with amount of work it require, a deluxe skin shouldn't be seasonal.

I usually buy every skin in the game, but I will pass on this one, it's a total insult, especially for Ember player (I'm not one of them but I can understand some of them are sad).

Some of you may says "if you dont like it, dont buy it" and that would be right BUT the fact this skin exist means Ember won't get a deluxe skin unless they start doing a serie of second skins for warframe that already own one, and judging how often deluxe skins are released, it won't be anytime soon.

Just now, xXDeadsinxX said:

You can really find the information anywhere.

if we can find the information anywhere why can't u?

the person was not hired at digital extremes
and they used his mag deluxe skin AFTER they stopped working with him

seriously OP you shouldn't post anything anymore on the topic of deluxe sinks till u did your research

2 minutes ago, Weidro said:

and that's where u are wrong

you should do more research before posting
the person who designed that skins was a player just like u and me
DE decided to stop working with him and still put out his concept of the mag deluxe skin
see there is no reason why they "had to rework" anything

1 minute ago, Rociel said:

No, it was a contractor that was working with them, not a DE member. They had an argument about how DE handle his concept art (typical artist stuff most probably) and they parted their ways.
DE had rights to the concept art he made, but decided not to use it and make their own deluxe skin instead. Weather the new deluxe is better or not, that was a good decision, because DE keeping the artists work and cashing on it, after they parted their ways, would be a little pathetic and DE would be getting fire under their butts for it toom same way they do now.

That said, I love my Ember deluxe, not so much Nekros deluxe, but bought both, putting both to good use. And people making this outrage are just childish.

My mistake, sorry. I was going off the top of my head from what I could remember. However though, DE didn’t actually have the rights to make the concept, which is why they had to redo the deluxe skin.

Although, players really do need to calm down about the skin, if you don’t like it, don’t use it, simple as that :P

Although, players really do need to calm down about the skin, if you don’t like it, don’t use it, simple as that :P

From what we got from IgnusDei they had them. Either way it doesn't really matter.

What you did here basically is going against 99.99% of the player base and I'd like to correct you when you are saying players are being hateful because they already had a design for ember which they didn't get instead got something else rather I'd say the design itself is so downgraded and below the minimum standard of DE that another skin isn't actually needed here to compare the outlook. You kinda sound like a biased fanboy here which I am very much sad to admit but its true, DE can do amazing things as they have always done and based on which this ember skin isn't deserving at all. Period.

However though, DE didn’t actually have the rights to make the concept, which is why they had to redo the deluxe skin.

and you are wrong again

IgnusDei donated the skins to DE he never asked for anything for making these skins
there are no contracts
and if looking at his responds he would still like to see his skin ingame

Just now, Weidro said:

and you are wrong again

IgnusDei donated the skins to DE he never asked for anything for making these skins
there are no contracts
and if looking at his responds he would still like to see his skin ingame

I indeed know that. But like I said, DE unfortunately had to redo the whole skin. They wanted the original concept to be in the game, DE already knew that most of the community loved that skin.

3 minutes ago, Dark_Prince_Duke said:

What you did here basically is going against 99.99% of the player base and I'd like to correct you when you are saying players are being hateful because they already had a design for ember which they didn't get instead got something else rather I'd say the design itself is so downgraded and below the minimum standard of DE that another skin isn't actually needed here to compare the outlook. You kinda sound like a biased fanboy here which I am very much sad to admit but its true, DE can do amazing things as they have always done and based on which this ember skin isn't deserving at all. Period.

can you objectively describe what makes the older IgnusDei concept better than the current skin?

I indeed know that. But like I said, DE unfortunately had to redo the whole skin. They wanted the original concept to be in the game, DE already knew that most of the community loved that skin.

hey dead, theres this thing called 'tennogen' if it was to be in the game, why not release it with this latest round?

Mate, you keep getting it wrong.
Also, I disliked that concept and many others did. It had nothing much related to fire theme (aside from couple added fire effects) or with ember, the skin was just general sexy girl in a costume. I like the new one better.

5 minutes ago, Dark_Prince_Duke said:

I’m well aware I’m being biased towards the deluxe skin. If players are going to hate the skin, you have to give them constructive criticism instead of bringing out the pitchforks while ranting.

Like I did say though, just because players hate the skin, doesn't mean they’re going to revert the skin. Not going to happen.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)chibi_matatabi said:

hey dead, theres this thing called 'tennogen' if it was to be in the game, why not release it with this latest round?

Tennogen doesn't support full re-models, only for head and weapons at the moment.

1 minute ago, Rociel said:

can you objectively describe what makes the older IgnusDei concept better than the current skin?

I think you missed my point here and trying to put up an argument, I'll re-quote 

2 minutes ago, Rociel said:

rather I'd say the design itself is so downgraded and below the minimum standard of DE that another skin isn't actually needed here to compare the outlook.

Also wanna add, the new deluxe skin is just a rushed and pushed infested version of normal ember model with a few things here and there. Period.