Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The simulacrum

DaAppleHimself

14 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

This would actually be a nice feature for 'frames and weapons within your MR, but first DE will need to make sure you can't bring these 'Sumulated Items' out of the Simulacrum.

I think all frames have an MR0 requirement since Rhinos MR requirement was changed to 0.

I think it would be good, but it would also mean that the items will have to get unlimited mod capacity so you can try out your mods on them.

Warframes would also have to be at max rank so you can get all the abilities at their max.

Unless you want to just make it something to get just a feel for how the and warframes weapon functions, but have a very limited view of its damage potential.

Edited by Madway7

Defeats the purpose of Mastery honestly, you want to try it, level it atleast once to 30, then decide if you keep it, simple as it is, it not hurts to try everything at least once, besides most Frames or Weapons depend on your mods and Equipment combinations and what you face of against anyway.

Imagine new players trying out every possible frame around MR 5 already, or listen to people who call every weapon or frame which not performs as well  not worth it, i rather let people experience it this way better, besides Simulacrum is no good way of testing, just looking at stats for like formaing, while in a normal mission you have different objectives and obstacles in the way which the Simulacrum not has, you just put enemys there and shoot them.

Changing Mod capicity and free forma on the other hand would be better, maybe Mods you not own you could equip for testing, connect it to the codex, enemys scanned with a mod drop will unlock the mod in the test rooms as example.

Edited by Marine027

48 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

[Slight misunderstanding, but good points]

The misunderstanding:

Spoiler

-Any items levelled via Simulacrum or tested via Simulacrum cannot provide Mastery XP.
-Warframes have a powers-locked-by-level system.

The good points:

Spoiler

-People misunderstanding 'frame effectiveness due to lack of gameplay elements that permit said effectiveness.
-Experiencing new things in missions rather than simulations.

Edited by Koldraxon-732

Just now, Koldraxon-732 said:

The misunderstanding:

Hide contents

-Any items levelled via Simulacrum or tested via Simulacrum cannot provide Mastery XP.
-Warframes have a powers-locked-by-level system.

The good points:

Hide contents

-People misunderstanding 'frame effectiveness due to lack of gameplay elements that permit said effectiveness.
-Experiencing new things in missions rather than simulations.

Missunderstanding on your side, i mean leveling it outside the Simulacrum instead ot testing it inside, levle it once by proceeding trough the starchart.

Second i mena more people going jsut after numbers instead of the real functionality that some weapons provide, testing it out in the field instead of a bare room with enemys you put in just to see how much damge it does.

It's like in MMO's you can test your DPS on a test dummy, but a Dungeon or Raid where you have to avoid things and never can put out full damge maybe is a different story, Practice over Theory basicly.

Just as samll example, yes you cna test the damage of a weapon on every enemy but jsut for the rare case in a real misison, some one like Stalekr, G3 or Zanuka pops up or at Lua Sentients, this is different then is it.

Nothing against more options for simulcrum, but mabye first have more options of creating a sepcific envoirment, maybe include the Mastery Tests as training rooms ot spawn with own rule to make.

2 hours ago, Marine027 said:

[Understood]

I agree with the option for more options (i.e: EVERY ENEMY scanned, should be spawnable, not just in the Simulacrum, but also Captura*) for the Simulacrum would help, such as:
-The ability to load a random tileset of your choice and simulate a mission in it (reloads the map).
-The ability to spawn any enemy scanned.
-The ability to side with [Faction].

*But it would be nice to be able to spawn more enemies, and enemies I haven't even scanned, in Captura - along with the power to control at least one enemy - so the scene could look better. 

I was about to post a topic on this very issue in fact.

I'd love to be able to just have the ability to equip and fire any weapon in the simulacrum area.  Maybe try out every WarFrame's abilities as well.

For those that say 'just obtain it', it really isn't that simple.  There are far too many time-consuming complications involved with limited farming schedules and resources to allow for an informed decision.  Right now the only viable alternative is to trust YouTube videos or heresay from other players to choose what you want.

According to one notable YouTuber; only the following are worth keeping:

• 9 WarFrames
  • 21 Primary Weapons (with 5-6 must-own)
  • 17 Secondary Weapons (with 4 must-own)
  • 20 Melee Weapons (with 5-6 must-own)

Then there's the issue of Forma.  Certain weapons and WarFrames (Rhino) work amazingly without Forma.  Others require heavy Forma'ing and only have a niche use (Mag & Mag Prime) against specific types of enemies (Corpus) and even then they are STILL outclassed.

Objectively speaking based on stats and mod compatibility, there are a ton of options but only a few optimal builds.  Certain weapons are terrible precisely because they lack enough innate crit chance and/or status chance and/or proper damage types to be worthwhile.

If newbies can be guided along to taking GOOD choices and not wasting valuable & limited Forma & Orokin potato items in 'MR Fodder' then more power to them.

I sincerely hope that the simulacrum could allow for a way to 'max out' a frame and weapon in a simulated way so as to fully compare and test out their capabilities against others.  There's no reason to go through the trouble to build something (every dagger in the game) unless it is being used as MR fodder.  There's exactly one dagger worth using out of the ones available when it comes to optimal builds and strategy.

The meta changes.  That's part of what happens with buffs and nerfs.  Unfortunately with the REAL COST (time and platinum) of storing all the variety of weapons and WarFrames, hard choices have to be made about what to vendor and what to keep.  This is especially true for newer players.

Simulating weapons & WarFrames shouldn't be too difficult, especially if they are 'flagged' properly to only be usable within the Simulacrum and to auto-restore your previous WarFrame & loadout once you exit the area.  As far as simulating mods, I'm not certain they have the tech to do that without introducing some severe regressions & issues to sort out first.

@Marine027: If you feel that it doesn't matter, try using nothing but a Glaive for a week in solo mode.  See how fun that is ;)

Edited by FreshNinja007

Hey All,

I have just hidden a rather unsightly flame war on this thread. I just want to remind everyone here, a player disagreeing with you is not the same thing as an insult, and if someone decides to start criticizing what they feel are flaws in your logic that are otherwise unrelated to the game, it is always best to just take a step back and not continue the argument. 

Thanks Tenno,

[DE]Aidan

I kind of agree with the view that you should just build and level everything without simulacrum.

Someone mentioned that a youtuber claims only 9 frames are worth keeping. That cannot be further from the truth. Pretty much in my experience why warframe is viable, and some excel at specific functions. I use many different frames but I do have my favorites.

As for weapons don't be blinded by the meta, there are many excellent weapons meta simply overlooks. New players often ask me what weapons to get, what weapons to keep. My response is always keep whatever you enjoyed using. There are very few things that are total garbage, and often these items are newbie equipment. Enjoy the game and know that whatever you happen to like can be made good with some effort.

Id like to see the Sim be easier to access then having to port multiple times;

Add the sim to either;

The Lisets last door
Move that node from simarius to the rear of the Liset in the middle of that room where all three doors are
or
Make it a node on the star chart.

Lastly the functionality for the Sim when more then one person is in it is horrible; Currently Only One Person at a time can use the Equipment terminal and only the host can use the Sim terminal to control the sim and spawn npc's. Id pay money for these things to be changed.