Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon Feedback

DerpStrm

Hey,

I hope the developers are reading this if not please help me get this to the developers but i just wanted to say that now that we are getting Plains of Eidolon it would be a great time to buff kubrows and kavatas since they are pretty much useless at the moment like really how uses a Kubrow over sentinels for pure functionality? no one! so i was thinking now that we have this massive open space why not buff the companions that would fight well in very open combat? it would just be a lot better and give more diversity instead of everyone just running carrier prime plus i would spend money on Kubrow stuff i mean i already do but how much more revenue would come just by making the Kurows useful?

like the Chesa Kubrow was a step in the right direction but i was destroyed by how ineffective it is so yeah i just wante dto pt htis out there share if you can lets get this implemented!

Title is misleading.

I understand that Kubrows, Kavats, and Helminth Chargers could do with some kind of Orokin module thing that allows them to have a Sentinel orbiting them.

This means you get a Sentinel who issues commands to the Kubrow (i,e: Attack [Crate] if Looter is installed, unless the Kubrow has the equivalent of it, in lieu of a Sentinel weapon).

In addition, the Sentinel would dock with the Kubrow when taking fatal damage, and both can be revived as if they were the same thing (shared/combined health/shield pool).

Just now, Koldraxon-732 said:

Title is misleading.

I understand that Kubrows, Kavats, and Helminth Chargers could do with some kind of Orokin module thing that allows them to have a Sentinel orbiting them.

This means you get a Sentinel who issues commands to the Kubrow (i,e: Attack [Crate] if Looter is installed, unless the Kubrow has the equivalent of it, in lieu of a Sentinel weapon).

In addition, the Sentinel would dock with the Kubrow when taking fatal damage, and both can be revived as if they were the same thing (shared/combined health/shield pool).

Reminds me of Lockjaw and Sol... I'd take it. We actually have Hyekkas and Chargers, but no Corpus pet yet which is surprising, considering they can quite literally just be reprogrammed. I'd love a Zanuka or Moa companion with high shields, there's so much potential there. Corpus never get any love though.

Since the world will be much more open I wouldn't mind ways to make ground pets more viable. Maybe some caches they can dig up, or secret areas or enemies they can scout out?

Currently, Kubrow and (especially) Kavats are a lot better and I can't really understand why people use sentiels over pets exept for vacuum.

I will only talk about kavats because I don't know much about Kubrow so, compared to sentinel :

• They deal less damages per second but has higher base damages with enourmous critical stats and deal slash damages, so they have a lot more potential for endgame.
  • A mod allow Kavats to hit multiple targets at once and another allow him to deplete the armor of enemies hit. Both stack together, so it's another thing that increase they potential on endgame.
  • Down Kavats can be revived while sentinel just die, meaning there is always a moment when you dont have sentinel anymore.
  • Kavats use "link" mods, so the shield/health/armor and bleedout mods stack with your warframe mods. Useful when you play a tank that use both Vitality and Steel Fiber.
  • Companions abilities are much more usefull in general. The smeeta random buff is clearly one the best ability, especially with the flat +200% crit chance increase and x2 resource/affinity booster.
  • The only plus I see to sentinel are Investigator, Vacuum and Medi-Ray/Shield Charger.

13 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

[Pet benefits]

Possible drawbacks of Companions:

Spoiler

-Carrier has Ammo Case - an essential for weapons that can't fit ammo mutations and weapons with small reserve ammunition. 
-Sentinels don't get stuck in some far-flung room. Companions have a tendency to wander off and get stuck.
-Sentinels also have Guardian, which instantly restores shields once every now and then if shields are depleted. This allows Harrow to quickly build up his Penance.
-Companions require two more expensive incubator segments to be installed and cost a hideous amount of credits to sustain. Some cannot keep the credits flowing.
-Not to mention the expenses of building the Power Cores for Incubators and the off-chance of incredible difficulty when it comes to finding Kubrow Eggs or Kavats to scan.
-Companions probably trigger alarms and cause aggro in the worst situation.

If we are to use Companions over Sentinels, then the only options are:

Spoiler

1: Allow a Companion to have a Sentinel, unarmed, hovering around them. Allow these to act as one, with their mods and precepts influencing eachother. 
2: Allow Companions to be able to use Vacuum as an Arcane (at 2/3 range).
3: Slightly widen the Warframe's pickup radius so Vacuum becomes an optional rather than a must-have.

The only Warframe you'd ever use if you bring a biological companion would be Inaros, because of his colossal health pool.

Absolutely agree with @lukinu_u Why would DE buff Kavats and Kubrows? They deal insane damage compared to the little damage Sentinels do and plus the fact Sentinels die insanely quick in missions. The only reason the majority of people who use Sentinels is because of 1. They like Vacuum and companions don't have Vaccum or 2. They like Ammo case for Carrier. Those are the only reasons people use Sentinels, the only buff to Companions is their AI, and that's it. For Sentinels buff their Health Pool and damage.