Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help spending some Platinum!

SirLordChris

Hello whoever might be reading this, thank you for your time!

I recently started playing Warframe again, for like the 4th time, with a total of 90 hours over my "sessions" of playing. I'm mastery rank 4 and 3 quarters.

I've been thinking of buying some platinum, since I got -75% off, and settled on 170. I however am not really sure on what to spend it on, so here I'd like some suggestions.

I'm using:

-Frost Prime (thx twitch)

-Boltor Prime (catalysted, pretty modded out; I'd like to keep it if it's viable; some mod suggestions would help)

-Pyrana (not that great for higher level stuff from what I gathered, looking for a replacement, possibly Lex Prime since I'm almost Mastery 5 and have all the parts)

-Nikana (looking to make it into a Dragon Nikana)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So with that out of the way, are the Boltor Prime, Dragon Nikana and Lex Prime any good? Or should I be using the plat to get something else?

What I thought of doing is getting a Volt Prime set for like 100p, since Volt is my favourite frame, and I'll switch between it and Frost Prime depending on the mission type (aggressive/defensive)

(I also have full Valkyr Prime Blueprints minus the chassis that I could potentially sell for a little extra plat)

That's about it, sorry for the long post, and congrats if you got this far!

Edited by SirLordChris

4 minutes ago, SirLordChris said:

Hello whoever might be reading this, thank you for your time!

I recently started playing Warframe again, for like the 4th time, with a total of 90 hours over my "sessions" of playing. I'm mastery rank 4 and 3 quarters.

I've been thinking of buying some platinum, since I got -75% off, and settled on 170. I however am not really sure on what to spend it on, so here I'd like some suggestions.

I'm using:

-Frost Prime (thx twitch)

-Boltor Prime (catalysted, pretty modded out; I'd like to keep it if it's viable; some mod suggestions would help)

-Pyrana (not that great for higher level stuff from what I gathered, looking for a replacement, possibly Lex Prime since I'm almost Mastery 5 and have all the parts)

-Nikana (looking to make it into a Dragon Nikana)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So with that out of the way, are the Boltor Prime, Dragon Nikana and Lex Prime any good? Or should I be using the plat to get something else?

What I thought of doing is getting a Volt Prime set for like 100p, since Volt is my favourite frame, and I'll switch between it and Frost Prime depending on the mission type (aggressive/defensive)

(I also have full Zephyr Prime Blueprints minus the chassis that I could potentially sell for a little extra plat)

That's about it, sorry for the long post, and congrats if you got this far!

Slots , potatoes are good investments. 

I don't know the price for volt p set but I think it's wayyy over  100p. 

1.Buy Slots and Catalyst/Reactors first and foremost. They are essential to be able to fully mod your warframe/weapon and to have some variety in your arsenal. 

2. Don't buy weapons and frames that can be farmed and crafted, if you don't meet the MR requirements just look for something else until you get there if something caught your eye. Join a Clan, there are plenty of good clan weapons. 

3. Don't spend plat for Boltor Prime, it's a waste of plat considering what weapons you can obtain for free. It's just a mediocre assault rifle that's outshined by Tenora and Soma Prime in every way. 

4. Farm Lex Prime, it's easy since most parts are common. If you really want it, don't spend more than 15p for a set.  It's one of the most powerful secondaries in the game. 

/BTW, there's not such thing as Zephyr Prime yet. 

Edited by aligatorno

Plat is good for fashion frame and slots for new frames and weapons,and the rest of the prime parts you can farm so dont spend plat on that.You are new so its better and is a big a pleasure when you farm something,only if you have no patience than you can buy.But then you get used to solve every problem in that way and is no point 2 playe like that....

Edited by Vlada91

the best way to spend plat is to give it to me.

but seriously you should prioritize weapon/frame slots. a lot of people say to buy reactors and catalysts but you can get them in game albeit sparingly. dont buy resources, mod packs or forma those are all easy to get in game. other then that: colour packs, delux skins and armor sets for fashion frame.

11 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

1.Buy Slots and Catalyst/Reactors first and foremost. They are essential to be able to fully mod your warframe/weapon and to have some variety in your arsenal. 

2. Don't buy weapons and frames that can be farmed and crafted, if you don't meet the MR requirements just look for something else until you get there if something caught your eye. Join a Clan, there are plenty of good clan weapons. 

3. Don't spend plat for Boltor Prime, it's a waste of plat considering what weapons you can obtain for free. It's just a mediocre assault rifle that's outshined by Tenora and Soma Prime in every way. 

4. Farm Lex Prime, it's easy since most parts are common. If you really want it, don't spend more than 15p for a set.  It's one of the most powerful secondaries in the game. 

/BTW, there's not such thing as Zephyr Prime yet. 

yeah my bad I was thinking of Valkyr lmao I'll edit the post now, thanks!

6 minutes ago, Wrum said:

the best way to spend plat is to give it to me.

but seriously you should prioritize weapon/frame slots. a lot of people say to buy reactors and catalysts but you can get them in game albeit sparingly. dont buy resources, mod packs or forma those are all easy to get in game. other then that: colour packs, delux skins and armor sets for fashion frame.

Oh yeah why didn't I think of that! :D

Ok the support for slots is overwhelming, I guess I'll have to get some of those; Other than those, any weapon recommendations? I'm thinking about a Soma Prime since it was mentioned in the post above.

14 minutes ago, SirLordChris said:

Oh yeah why didn't I think of that! :D

Ok the support for slots is overwhelming, I guess I'll have to get some of those; Other than those, any weapon recommendations? I'm thinking about a Soma Prime since it was mentioned in the post above.

That one will eat pretty much all your bought plat. It starts from 180+ for a set. 

I`d suggest to go for these considering your MR. 

Sobek + Acid Shells Augment [ drops from Kela del Taym, the sedna Boss]. I have a spare copy, if you are on now, I can give it to you. Once fully modded, it's an incredibly powerful weapon. 

Ignis, really good for star chart levels, not enough for sorties. 

Hek + Scattering Justice Augment, one of the most powerful shotguns in the game. 

Paris Prime or Dread. Paris P is rather cheap, farmable and powerful enough, Dread is on a whole another level, but it only drops from Stalker. 

Tigris

All are cheap to build, and ready available[except dread] [Tigris requires clan]. 

Watch some videos about them, decide which one you like and invest in that. A Catalys is really important for a weapons in order to be able to do good damage, being able to fit in 60 points worth of mods rather than 30 makes an impressive difference .

25 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

That one will eat pretty much all your bought plat. It starts from 180+ for a set. 

I`d suggest to go for these considering your MR. 

Sobek + Acid Shells Augment [ drops from Kela del Taym, the sedna Boss]. I have a spare copy, if you are on now, I can give it to you. Once fully modded, it's an incredibly powerful weapon. 

Ignis, really good for star chart levels, not enough for sorties. 

Hek + Scattering Justice Augment, one of the most powerful shotguns in the game. 

Paris Prime or Dread. Paris P is rather cheap, farmable and powerful enough, Dread is on a whole another level, but it only drops from Stalker. 

Tigris

All are cheap to build, and ready available[except dread] [Tigris requires clan]. 

Watch some videos about them, decide which one you like and invest in that. A Catalys is really important for a weapons in order to be able to do good damage, being able to fit in 60 points worth of mods rather than 30 makes an impressive difference .

Woah ok, this is immensely helpful! Thank you so much! I have almost everything for Paris Prime already, so I'll go ahead and get the rest and craft it. And I'll totally take the Sobek mod if you'll give it to me, thank you a bunch again! (I may log on in like 30 mins to an hour, so idk if you'll still be around, if not add me and we'll figure it out)

This is like the third thank you in the span of a couple of sentences, but regardless, thanks dude!

Edited by SirLordChris

On 8/19/2017 at 3:29 PM, SirLordChris said:

Pyrana (not that great for higher level stuff from what I gathered, looking for a replacement, possibly Lex Prime since I'm almost Mastery 5 and have all the parts)

lol not true at all.  Pyrana kicks lex's &#! on high level.

Save your plat for when you need more slots. Unless you are a vet with excess plat buying frames or weapons is just a total rip.

Cosmetics are also nice to buy too but you might be kicking yourself later when you get a cool new weapon with no slots to put it in.

Pend plat on slots. like, really. We'll never say it enough.

The weapons you talk about aren't bad, especially the Lex Prime, it's a beast (and even more so as the AkLex Prime)

After that, I'd recommend you to test out a lot of weapons. I, for example, fell in love with the Hek before the Syndicates update. It depends on what you are looking for. Sweeping power ? Deadly bursts ? Devastating single shot ? The choice is yours

On 8/19/2017 at 3:34 PM, Jumalauta said:

Hello. I suggest buying frame and weapon slots. Everything else comes free if you have patience. 

This^. Aside from cosmetics you think are cool looking too. The rest will come if you play the game.