Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Beta Ever End?

BetaNoire

16 hours ago, Myscho said:

All free to play games are almost always beta till the end

That's a bunch of BS. Most F2P titles follow the traditional development process just like commercial titles. It is absolutely possible for a F2P title to go through the standard stages of development from pre-alpha to launch, and still receive regular content updates post-launch. As such, most F2P titles are complete products with features that are complete, and they receive regular content updates that are also complete (i.e. not half-finished). DE stays in Open Beta because they don't have to produce a complete product. It has little to do with the game's F2P status. That way, they can use their "beta" status (really an alpha status since some features are still only half-developed) to have half-finished content like Dojos, Archwing, Focus, etc, and can continue to push out new content without fully developing existing content, all while claiming that the game is a "service" (it's not; it's just a perpetually incomplete game).

12 hours ago, DxAdder said:

In the end I think any game with the tag "Beta" hurts the game, it implies that what your playing is unfinished.

Warframe is unfinished, and it'll never be finished. And, btw, finished doesn't mean that there are no post-launch content updates. It just means there's a clear core game, with a clear, ordered, structured progression system, and clear structure to every feature in the game. In short, a finished product isn't a disorganized mess, like Warframe's features currently are, with little structured progression to guide players through the core game. A finished Warframe would have an organized progression system integrated with its story and star chart, folding in previous lore-based events, quests, and star chart progression. The codex would be organized and would include adequate information on game mechanics, features, and progression. No feature in the game would be half-developed. New content that would be released would be complete and not half-developed (or in a "beta" state like Focus). Warframe is currently not at that point at all. It is still unfinished, and DE's expressed no interest in really getting Warframe to that point.

13 hours ago, (PS4)TheAlchemist1018 said:

i think the reason they stay in open beta is so they can make major changes. obviously they can still add content if the game was 'complete' but they wont be able to make changes like parkour 2.0 for example

If Warframe's core game was in a complete state, then they wouldn't need to make major changes to features.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

Warframe is still in Beta, which is why I enjoy it more. New content gets added frequently, every week, 2 weeks doesn't matter. Digital Extremes will always add more content into the game until they feel it is right to end the beta and stop making content. When? I have no idea.

On 8/23/2017 at 5:24 AM, Hecro said:

What disturbs me the most is the thing about resetting the playerbase.

That was a thing that was unlikely to happen the moment they started doing the Founder's packs.  At this point, the game has been functionally "live" for over four years.  People have four years of cash shop purchases, cosmetics, and event-related items.  Doing a full playerbase reset would essentially be suicidal.  All but the most hardcore "hurt me please" players would drop this game so hard it would *bounce.*  I think they closest they ever have, or ever will, get to this is that they once offered an option to *manually* ask to have your account reset.

6 hours ago, Orabell said:

I've never seen a game resetting player data after Open Beta in which we are. Closed Beta yes but Open Beta probably not

I have, but it's been a while.  It's actually a fairly recent thing for everything from Open Beta to carry over to launch.  It used to be pretty normal to have an "end of Beta" event, and then a full reset.  *Then* there might be a few days or a week of headstart access as part of the pre-order bonuses.  The intent was to try to encourage people to report any bugs or exploits, since they couldn't keep characters that benefited from them.  That's pretty much done now, obviously, and I seem to remember reading somewhere about a game that launched with a fairly major exploit that was known to a large number of players, but not to the devs.

On 8/23/2017 at 6:44 AM, DeadScream said:

5xUSKM3.png

When does it end?

When does it end?

When does it end?

When does it end?

When does it end?

When does it end?

When does it end?

When does it end?

When does it end?

When does it end?

When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?

That should be good for my lifetime. yey

Edited by babywrath

21 minutes ago, babywrath said:

When does it end?

Hide contents

When does it end?

Hide contents

When does it end?

Hide contents

When does it end?

Hide contents

When does it end?

Hide contents

When does it end?

Hide contents

When does it end?

Hide contents

When does it end?

Hide contents

When does it end?

Hide contents

When does it end?

Hide contents

When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?When does it end?

That should be good for my lifetime. yey

quoted you just to inform you I opened all your spoilers and wasn't disappointed