Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ridiculous and Unwarranted Chat Bans need to be Reigned in.

(PSN)N7_Dredgen

I'm starting this thread for 2 reasons;
1. To moan about something I don't like
2. To find out how many others have gone through this

So tonight - just an ordinary night in Region chat - you know, people throwing out racist comments, calling eachother gay, talking about nuking countries.  All of a sudden this one guys comes in with 2 messages back to back:

Hey now you're an all star
Get your game on go play

And so to this, I though I'd come up with a clever Warframe response and wrote.

And all the glitters is Prime!!! 

Next thing I know i'm suspended from the various chats, and as of this moment still am.  Didn't swear, didn't post trading related stuff in the wrong place, no word in my message are vulgar nor should be flagged by the moderation filters/Kickbot.  So what the hell!  WHY.  Now I'm losing out on valuable trading time - I already made 200P today in 10 minutes... a few hours of suspension alone is a massive blow to my experience - I didn't spend 100s of hours farming stuff to stare at a suspension message I rightfully don't deserve.    

Well I decided to look it up, and have found threads back for a while now that this is happening to people.  Once upon a time you could logout and log back in and all was well - but this time is an actual suspension, even after shutting the app, still banned.  Not only this - no reason is provided for the ban, nor is there a time given for when the suspension is up.

I'm not BSin people, I'm not hiding some vulgar messages I sent, not trying to cover up the truth - no, I really made a harmless and wholesome comment and now I can't even be in chat.

DE.  Please friggin fix this.

Community, I ask you - what ridiculous things have you (unwarrantedly) been banned for?

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

14 hours ago, peterc3 said:

I'm sure that's what you were banned for. Nobody would ever lie about something like that. Especially on a public forum, and not talking to support (the one's who could actually do anything about it).

Why don't you take a look at my forum history - just a month ago I was in a topic trying to convince a guy that swearing filters were acceptable and warranted and should be in place --->   (/topic/803287-ps4-chat-ban-makes-no-sense/?tab=comments#comment-8731846)

I'm 100% for chat moderation when it makes sense and makes the community a better place.  

I'm sorry but after nearly 4 years in the community now, and playing this game - I'm not going to tell lies about something as petty as a chat ban.  If you're going to make baseless assertions about my level of honesty and my integrity, then don't bother commenting.  It's rude - and downright lacking in any thought.  It's the kind of behavior you expect from a "forum edgelord."

The story posted above is 100% fact, I didn't post it to tell you all a fiction story - if you want to think I'm lying then whatever, but don't make accusations - or in this case "implications" without any proof beside pre-conceived notions of what people should be allowed to post here about.  

And also I'm left wondering... what do you think support will do??? - message me back in 2 weeks when the suspension has expired?  Your problem solving skills are on point for sure - you really have the foresight of a God and I can tell you really think things through.  I'm guessing you've never needed support for anything because while support is great, they aren't the fastest out there.

I came here to have a discussion and give feedback.  (Originally this was posted in Feedback, but must have been moved because a mod thought it was more of a discussion.)

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

15 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

This is general feedback right.... FEEDBACK????  I thought so - thanks

Actually it's general discussion.

As for why you got banned, did you add multiple letters to it by any chance? You know to simulate the part of the song where he says that?

2 minutes ago, TheErebus. said:

Actually it's general discussion.

As for why you got banned, did you add multiple letters to it by any chance? You know to simulate the part of the song where he says that?

It must have been moved by a mod then because it was originally in General Feedback.  I did use multiple !!!! marks as I did in my message, but if 3 or 4 exclamation marks equates to a suspension, it should still be looked at. 

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

Just now, (PS4)lagrue said:

It must have been moved by a mod then because it was originally in General Feedback.  I did use multiple !!!! marks as I did in my message, but if 3 or 4 exclamation marks equates to a suspension, it should still be looked at. 

Hm, weird. 

I've been suspended for a d d i n g m u l t p i l e s p a c e s but I understand why it happened

Hi everyone,

If you ever have trouble with an automatic chat ban, please contact support. They will be able to look into the reason for the ban with you.

Please PM me if you're still having trouble, (PS4)lagrue. I'm going to lock this topic and handle the issue from here.

Thank you!

[DE]Helen