Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there any recourse for accidentally selecting the wrong Riven Mod?

(PSN)Jedi_Arts_

Question

So I've been saving up Kuva for a really long time to roll my Euphona Prime Riven. Today I finally got a perfect roll that pretty much matched what I was looking for. Then on the selection screen as I was doing the math, I accidentally selected the previous stats instead of the new roll. At first I almost lost my mind, but then I convinced myself that it would be fine and I should just keep going and eventually I might even get something better. That was after spending about 15k Kuva. Now I'm about 70k deep and I'm half regretting even playing this game. I'm a college student and I don't get very much free time outside of my studies. But when I do, I often like to relax by playing Warframe. I'm mastery level 22, so I'm really loyal to this game. This has been the worst experience that I've ever had with it and the thought of quitting entirely never even occurred to me until now. That's how bad that I feel like this situation is. I can't even tell you how long it took me to save up this Kuva (it's been so long that I don't even remember). I've made sacrifices in my weekly schedule just to get all of the Kuva. Then a simple mistake, and it all amounts to nothing. I've seen this happen to people on youtube as well (such as Mogamu). I feel like DE designed this system in a way that makes this way too easy to happen. I wouldn't be here talking about, but I thought I vaguely remembered someone a while back talking about how they once submitted a ticket to recover a Riven and actually got it back. Is this possible? I'd like to think that DE support is willing to help with situations like this so that I didn't just massively waste my time. And for the record, I really don't want to quit the game. It's just with college being such a big and stressful part of my schedule, I don't want to sign into the game and be reminded of this every time I try to do a Riven build or something. I play Warframe to relive stress, not add to it.

9 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Jedi_Arts_ said:

Now I'm about 70k deep and I'm half regretting even playing this game.

So just... stop... forcing yourself... to mess with Riven mods??

You were doing fine before you had a Riven and you'll be doing fine without the Riven into the rest of the game's life span. This is really on you. If the kuva grind is enough to make you quit then perhaps you need to find something else to do?

• Like 4

Just now, SolarDwagon said:

I haven't done the same but Warframe support is often helpful so at worst you ask and they say no, at best they give you the proper riven, and refund the kuva.

This would likely require that OP had taken a screenshot and provide it as proof they actually did roll those stats and chose the incorrect one.

All of the database talk surrounding Rivens makes it highly unlikely they keep track of every roll you've made.

• Like 1

Just now, Chipputer said:

This would likely require that OP had taken a screenshot and provide it as proof they actually did roll those stats and chose the incorrect one.

All of the database talk surrounding Rivens makes it highly unlikely they keep track of every roll you've made.

Like I said, at worst they say no.

Just now, SolarDwagon said:

I haven't done the same but Warframe support is often helpful so at worst you ask and they say no, at best they give you the proper riven, and refund the kuva.

Alright. It's just that I've never been sure exactly how effective it is to submit tickets to DE, but I'll give it shot..

Just now, Chipputer said:

I actually did screenshot as soon as I saw the roll.

12 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

This is really on you. If the kuva grind is enough to make you quit then perhaps you need to find something else to do?

I mean it's like I said, I don't actually want to quit. It's just the combination of this situation and how busy I've been that made me take a step back for a second to look at my schedule and where Warframe fits in. I feel better about it all now though.

24 minutes ago, Herobrineez said:

Hey, I’m checking on you on 2023, has DE responded? I’m also having the same situation.

Rivens are randomly generated and the Server doesn't like, store backup copies of your Rivens just incase. 
there are no backups of your Rivens. don't delete Rivens that you want.

they never say yes. there is no way to prove the existence of a past Riven.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Herobrineez said:

Hey, I’m checking on you on 2023, has DE responded? I’m also having the same situation.

You replied to a 6 year old thread.

Since riven rolls are RNG, they're not going to store other values once you click to choose one. Heck, the reason we have limits on riven storage is because they don't want ever increasing DB storage with people stockpiling them.

On 2023-05-30 at 5:22 PM, taiiat said:

Rivens are randomly generated and the Server doesn't like, store backup copies of your Rivens just incase. 
there are no backups of your Rivens. don't delete Rivens that you want.

they never say yes. there is no way to prove the existence of a past Riven.

Yes they do say yes if provided with the proper in detail description of what took place and evidence.