Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relic missions dropping less than 10 reactant per cycle

Brynslustafir

As the images below demonstrate, we reached 100% on data collection, causing enemies and fissures to stop spawning, but only 9 reactant had dropped. We scoured the map from head to toe before killing the last enemy, but there was simply no more reactant to be collected. Just some basic resources and some wasted time.

6kAsJNo.jpg

zOmwGnb.jpg

We decided to extract, because it wasn't worth wasting more time for the same thing to happen again.

I'm pretty sure I've seen people complaining about reactant drop rates ever since reactant became a thing, but this is just flawed design. It's possible to do so well, and kill the enemies so quickly that they never drop the resources that they NEED to drop in order for the player to complete the mission. 

This honestly shouldn't be possible.

As NightBlitz said, you're killing enemies too quickly. You have to let them get corrupted before you kill them. Doing that will increase the amount of Reactant that drops. I normally end rounds of Survival or Interception with spare reactant on the ground.

Edited by TrickshotMcGee

19 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

you cleared it too fast. slow down a tad bit, let them have one tower until everyone has 10 reactant.

this issue is on the players, not the game

It shouldn't even be possible to do so well that the game breaks. 

The entire meta of this game revolves around busted AoE builds and near invincibility, and you wanna tell me that this is the players fault? The game is built in such a way that encourages these strategies. The game needs to be able to accommodate them. 

33 minutes ago, Plasmaface said:

It shouldn't even be possible to do so well that the game breaks. 

The entire meta of this game revolves around busted AoE builds and near invincibility, and you wanna tell me that this is the players fault? The game is built in such a way that encourages these strategies. The game needs to be able to accommodate them. 

Unfortunately, yes. My buddy mains Ember and he has to remind himself to turn off World on Fire until about the halfway mark of some missions (mainly endless). I suppose it's the way it is to also slow down the "run through and sweep" method but that doesn't stop some players. I do feel like the reactant drop rate does need a bump.

Yeah, I never turn on any of the AOE powers (e.g., if I'm running Ember or Equinox or whatever) until everyone has 10 reactant. 

Honestly, I think they should dispense with the reactant and just crack the relic if you complete the mission, or the rotation. The reactant middleman is just extra code that isn't necessary. You're standing there in the presence of rift fissures, you'd think that would be enough. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

16 hours ago, O.O_ said:

They need to increase the reactant drop rate, in solo mode it's nearly impossible to get 10 in interception or defense.

I play almost exclusively solo and favour defence missions quite heavily and never had this problem. Let the spawns corrupt before you kill them, don't speedrun as you are working against the system.

24 minutes ago, Shalath said:

I play almost exclusively solo and favour defence missions quite heavily and never had this problem. Let the spawns corrupt before you kill them, don't speedrun as you are working against the system.

I don't speedrun those missions at all, but if I have to slow them extremely down(that is working against the system) and run around like a maniac to get more corrupted to spawn... something is wrong.

DE must intend this behaviour as they specifically added the corruption mechanic to fissure missions as opposed to just cracking the relic at the end of the mission. It forces you to adapt to a different mission mechanic than other missions have.