Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinel Variants And Upgrades?

BornWithTeeth

Spurred on by the recent Health buff to Wyrm Prime, putting the little bodyguard drone back up in the higher tiers of Sentinel tankiness, I've been feeding him more Forma. Now, having also recently hit the point where I have every Warframe and its Prime variant mastered (yes, yes, Excal, whatever, I don't even like Excal much), I'm going to continue this and focus on upgrading my stable of Sentinels. This is gonna be slightly expensive in terms of Forma, as it requires Forma for both the Sentinel and its default weapon, because I'm a weird idiot like that.

However, that brings up the question of Sentinel variants. I've gotten the Mastery for every existing Sentinel plus variants, but here's the list:

Carrier - Prime

Helios - Prime

Wyrm - Prime

Shade - Prisma

Dethcube - ?

Diriga - ?

Djinn - ?

Taxon - ?

So, Helios Prime makes things weird. It's not explicitly described as Corpus tech anywhere, but I'm pretty sure that it's the only thing to come out of the Clan Energy Lab which has also been Primed. In any case, we now have baseline Sentinels, and confirmation that Sentinels can come in Prime and Prisma variants.

Diriga Wraith, anyone?

Dex-Cube?

In any case, the end result is going to be a squadron of fully Forma'ed little robots.

12 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Diriga Wraith, anyone?

Dex-Cube?

From what I can tell, this is your point of discussion. The rest seems to be humble-brag.

So to answer your question: "Does the community want more and more types of Sentinels"?

Uh, yeah. It's not really a discussion. Why wouldn't we want more and more variety?

24 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Dex-Cube?

I hear some (if not a lot of) people want this. For me, personally so I can finally justify using my Deth Machine Rifle Riven.

As for other Sentinel variants, why not? more options sounds good. Taxon could be a while though, since it is the newest Sentinel.

16 minutes ago, Archistopheles said:

From what I can tell, this is your point of discussion. The rest seems to be humble-brag.

So to answer your question: "Does the community want more and more types of Sentinels"?

Uh, yeah. It's not really a discussion. Why wouldn't we want more and more variety?

The rest was actually a slightly meandering discussion of the merits of bothering to fill out one's stable of supports, with an implication that past a certain point the game gets boring unless you embark on silly self-designed projects, but ok. That aside, we see Prime and Prisma, but no Wraith or Vandal, and as I pointed out with the Helios, we have our only example of a piece of tech which came from the Corpus lab but got Primed. It's an interesting one, and my question was not just 'Hey, would y'all like more Sentinels?'. As you said, that's a daft question, the answer is of course yes. My actual question was about the kind of variants which folks might expect/want. If we get a Diriga Wraith, then why was Helios Primed? Are there any Sentinels which might get a Vandal variant?

Edited by BornWithTeeth

Technically speaking all the sentinels are sentient based, which in turn makes them Orokin. They were just found by the factions on the edge of the solar system, each of them adopting certain types. Considering that they are so old, it would not be out of the picture for them to have been used by the Orokin during their era as well, hence the prime versions. 

"On the border of chartered space, an enclave of small, strange, seemingly intelligent creatures was discovered by Tenno explorers. They are mechanical entities, almost organic in appearance, with a precarious resemblance to the fearsome Sentients that had decimated human civilization. Howevere, these creatures showed no signs of aggression, and they immediately began carrying out helpful tasks in peculiar alliance with the Tenno."