Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guides of the Lotus, How do I apply

(XBOX)AthenaVerDragon

Question

So I have been Playing warframe for quite some time now 1358 hours according to my profile stats, and I often find myself helping players. And thought it would be easier to show that I can offer help with missions and general questions. But I'm not sure when DE will recruit more Guides, because my friend believes I should Apply. since i have more then 800 hours, haven't had warning points and help lower mastery rank players. So If I could have any information that is relevant on what steps I should take to become a Guide of the Lotus, that would be greatly appreciated.

If I do get accepted In the future, I wonder if anyone who helps here I might help in the future....that could be fun

10 answers to this question

DE randomly send invitations to the guide of the lotus. For the eligiby you need to be very helpful with players, need to be experienced in game in any part and you need to pay some tax for applying this job.

Just kidding with the last part but the first 2 thing is necessary. Also you can write a letter to any community moderator or support to ask your to be guide.

Edited by Sziklamester

DE recruits only when they feel like they need more players in the program. Its random of when its going to be , just be active on the forums and look out on twitter etc. They will announce eventually just we never know when. Also take in consideration that they are busy with multiple events and being travelling around to Pax etc. So whenever it goes live keep your eyes open on the application dear tenno ( i can only assume they are busy setting up the application questions for it at the moment ). All the best of luck

I already seen where Guides can play.

I can see where there are Fakes Players, who are more lazier and not interested.

Remember : If they ask for Free Plats or Large Sum "Refer them to the DE Streams".

Good Luck, doing some thing else right now. 

PS Working for the Game can be intense, so back out when you feel the pressure or you don't have time. o.o Not sure the case is for every previous and current Participants, Thank for your time!

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)swag husky bro said:

thank you very much guys :)

I look forward to attempting my best 

Not your Best, but what you can do.

Edited by DesFrSpace

6 hours ago, (XB1)swag husky bro said:

So I have been Playing warframe for quite some time now 1358 hours according to my profile stats, and I often find myself helping players. And thought it would be easier to show that I can offer help with missions and general questions. But I'm not sure when DE will recruit more Guides, because my friend believes I should Apply. since i have more then 800 hours, haven't had warning points and help lower mastery rank players. So If I could have any information that is relevant on what steps I should take to become a Guide of the Lotus, that would be greatly appreciated.

If I do get accepted In the future, I wonder if anyone who helps here I might help in the future....that could be fun

Sonic Boomed from TennoGen +Steam Workshop to Players helping Players.

Maybe there'd be a benefit to creating something similar on our own?  Kind of a clan of people who enjoy random acts of senseless kindness and helping nervous people get comfy diving into the game?

Kind of a WholesomeFrame thing?

I'm not much of an organizer, but if a bunch of us (across platforms too) were to get together to do something like that I'd happily supply plat for 'best moment' contests and could help with an online presence that's designed along those lines.  We could also do things like set up duos that run around helping PUGs and try to set up a bit of a critical mass.

Given that Warframe's clan structure lends itself more to 'progression' clans than 'social' clans it seems like there's a niche to fill.  Not sure how best to fill it, but the community's so amazing here it's hard not to imagine something like that gathering a lot of really nifty people (including all the people who keep asking about the Guides as well as those of us who just like helping people and had no clue such a thing existed other than that Relay notice (which I thought was just about relays until just now)) :)

-------------------------------

Edit to add: Seeing someone get invited that quickly makes me think that's a silly idea now and I might be an idiot, unless we're just talking about something that made it easy for DE to recruit from?  Either way, there was clearly some interest and people being eager to help, self included, and in a way we're all talking about the same thing.  

So question to DE...what's the best way for the general community to make the path of least resistance for those of us who are big on being helpful being as helpful as possible as much as is possible as easily as is possible?  Should we try to funnel heavily through the Guides of the Lotus? (something I didn't fully understand myself until this thread...so I'd definitely have benefited from the message being communicated differently)  Or are there limits to how the Guides can operate that create a sweet spot for some sort of alliance/clan/group/cult/thing, particularly for those under 800 hours played but are interacting with new players a lot and just tend to be helpful.  I bet the Guides get pretty saturated at the least!

Edited by FreeWilliam
Previously hadn't caught the earlier response about the invites