Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please buff very old weapon(s) and series

Teshin_Dax

I agree with you that the Gorgon series should probably receive a quality of life change, perhaps a reload speed improvement, the gun isn't bad and isn't really intended on being the best anyway so it doesn't need a lot.

Perhaps the Dera Vandal should receive a little something but I think the Dera is exactly where it should be.

The Flux Rifle is an odd one, I cannot offer a yea or nay on the topic as I can see some points of the weapon being fine and some of it being weak, changes positively and negatively might balance it out.

The Ogris could certainly do with some love, something as simple as a fire rate buff would make the weapon much nicer, its too similar to the Torrid though, it needs to be changed in a different direction.

Oh, the poor Tetra, yes, anything, or at least the Prisma, the standard Tetra feels like it should be a garbage weapon but a Prisma anything shouldn't be garbage, perhaps it will remain the weakest Prisma but at least give it an overall buff in some simple areas like fire rate and magazine size.

The only ones on the secondary list I agree with are the Vipers, which could use a tiny buff to their crit chance, fire rate or total ammo carried, any one of those would make the guns more useable, the Spectra, for no specific reason, its just not that great in all categories and the Seer, which would be rad if we got a Prime version of due to it already being a half prime weapon anyway lore-wise.

In the Melee weapons most of these are kinda supposed to be basic but it would be nice if the Ether series was a little more useable, every dagger needs serious help and the Mire could be a little better considering how unique of a weapon it is.

I suppose the Pangolin and Jaw swords could use a little help but the Jaw sword already has the augment so not much pity there.

23 hours ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Yup. Only one that doesn't is Hate, because it's already got 20% crit chance and not exactly a small amount of damage. It's actually a solid weapon, garbage stances notwithstanding. I think Tysis also has like 50% status chance and base corrosive. That's rather powerful. I dunno if that needs a buff, being that it's an effective armor stripper. Perhaps an increased fire rate to help it strip armor better?

Sry I actually meant War not Hate. Yep Hate is still decent, but War (& Scindo Prime) is completely outclassed by Galatine Prime which is now the best heavy blade. War deals mainly impact damage which sucks, and it would be a lot better if it was puncture or slash.

As for tysis, higher fire rate (or make it full-auto) would definitely help it a lot, but I would like to see it become silent, just dont know why a bow would make noise lol

Edited by Doomsknight

1 hour ago, Doomsknight said:

War (& Scindo Prime) is completely outclassed by Galatine Prime which is now the best heavy blade. 

Just because they're outclassed doesn't mean they're not still amazing. War could shred through all of the game's content before Galaltine Prime came out, and can still do so. It doesn't need a buff because it's still hands down one of the best melee weapons in the game.And Scindo P was always compared to War for damage output, as well, so it's *certainly* not weak.

impact damage which sucks

Actually, if we're gonna get technical about this, Impact damage is the best physical damage type if you don't look at the procs (that bit is really important). Very few things resist Impact damage, and it actually has bonus damage against shields. Compare that to slash, which almost everything in the game resists on some level except for some types of flesh. 

If it weren't for Slash procs ignoring armor and resistances, Galatine Prime wouldn't be anything special at all. And even with that, they still have comparable damage output.

As for tysis, higher fire rate (or make it full-auto) would definitely help it a lot, but I would like to see it become silent, just dont know why a bow would make noise lol

I could agree to the fire rate, for sure. Maybe not full-auto. That'd be a bit too much since it already shreds armor. It's not a bow, though. Just a pistol. 

... I don't really understand why ppl hate tysis. what are u building it for? full slash with some impact? Its a 100% proc with dual stats and only have corrosive damage, and u can keep corrosive by adding toxin and eletricity dual stats, with multishot u will proc ONLY corrosive almost 3 times every bullet. Good for dual wield, quick melee or damage warframes. But if u build it for gas it kills L145 pretty fast as it will often proc some gas and corrosive which will increase not only the impact damage as the toxin tick. With a 220 multshot and 5m punchthrough riven i own, frames like mag and nidus turn it into a mass murderer, as grabbing 20 lvl145 h. gunners with nidus and shooting them often results in a few dead ones within 3 or 4 seconds.

Not gonna explain every weapon, but trying out guns and building properly would help before asking for buffs. Tysis, hikou needs no change, maybe despair need a half decent buff. Sure daggers are way too weak right now but guy sayin hikou is bad, which can also kill L145 is a joke. Btw not every weapon need to be end game, there are very few weapons that are really weak right now, and some ppl make it look like half the weapons are bad... not just that saying things like tysis and hikou needs some buffs make me thing ppl want every weapon to one shot, i dunno, L145 jugger? It would also go the other way around, if a gorgon can kill a L145 as fast as a opticor or a tigris, them both should be buffed cause they have lower fire rate, close range for tigris and so on..

• 2 months later...
On 9/6/2017 at 4:15 PM, JuicyButthurt said:

I do not think every weapon should be viable for "endgame" content, not in this game with all the emphasis on player progression. I'm not against the balance but all weapons should have their place on the power curve in both PvE and PvP.

Mastery Rank could be used as the indicator of performance in both, however the performance difference between MR1 and MR30 weapon in PvP should be far smaller (mostly niche advantages at the cost of higher skill requirements). In PvE however, a "bad gun" should be both available early as well as be really cheap to acquire (as far as fully built weapon that costs next to nothing). The problem Warframe has currently is that the weapon and player "progression" is a complete mess and the rework is long overdue.

Ideally players should get familiar with common weapon archetypes early on, and as they progress through the game, more nuanced and powerful equivalents of these weapons should become available, this however makes earlier weapons completely obsolete (whether that's good or bad is up to discussion)

Why not allow every weapon to be decent in the end game? Not everything needs to be excellent there but there's no reason to lock out favorite weapons, especially unique ones, from being good in the end game. Example, Harpak. To me, that weapon is insanely cool. I can hook some dude to me and then execution style feed bullets into them? Yes please. It doesn't need to be a late game shredder, but it's unique and so far as I know, theres no other chain grappling primary weapon. I'd like to see weapons, especially those with cool niche uses/designs, be at least debatably decent in end game. Like the Miter, ffs, fires SAWBLADES at people. It's a SNIPER WITH SAWBLADES. Who WOULDN'T want that thing for late game? 

Warframe isn't a game about endgame level beating, it's about beating everything in style and using those style points to get more stylish gear. Why limit someone's playability with a shotgun sword, buzzsaw sniper, or harpoon burst weapon? There's just something so insane about some of warframe's weapons that makes it such a waste to not be able to pull them out for those missions and show off a bit. Screw making them the most efficient option, make them passable because hot damn I want to be stylish. 

Edited by Ajwf

Braton

ogris

prisma skana 

the above weapons are all sortie viable, especially the braton which you can even take past level 150 content (and actually excels due to its high status vs the soma prime) 

prisma skana can do some pretty insane damage with crimson dervish

use nightwatch napalm on Ogris for a CC weapons (that was popular for the recent plague star event because it could one shot the lephantis clones)

gorgon wraith and prisma Gorgon can do alright thanks to hunter munitions, although riven disposition could be higher

vasto prime just got buffed a little while ago 

Lol at the person complaining broken war needed a buff, up until POE it was the strongest one handed sword.

On 9/6/2017 at 1:00 PM, Teshin_Dax said:

To clarify what i mean...: The whole lato series and (many) other sidearms received nice buffs, while other weapons still lack in performance.

I think these weapons need a closer look:

I ONLY FOCUS ON OLD WEAPONS - and i just ask for tweaks.. not for insane buffs.. they should perform good again if you use a perfect riven..
I think thats the point of rivens.. that you can make a good use out of bad but beloved weapons again.

Primary

-Braton (every version) - maybe even the riven disposition (i know..many people still use braton, but i expect a max disposition on this one)
-Boltor (every version) - it doesn't perform very good in endgame content.. (The riven disposition can't help there - it's low and the base stats aren't great)
-Burston (every version) - it even received a better visual appereance.. 
-Dera (every version)
-Flux Rifle
-Gorgon (every version)
-Ogris
-Tetra

Secondary 

-Acrid (once was one of the best weapons ingame)
-Afuris + Furis (every version) - just a bit please (nice augment)
-Vasto + Akvasto (every version)
-Bolto + Akbolto
-Despair (one of the weakest weapons currently - however.. back then it was one of the best) - just look at the ingame description
-Hikou (every version) - even the best riven roll cant help there
-Kunai
-Seer - Yes it is one of the 1st weapons a player can obtain, but even the nice riven disposition with a perfect roll cant help this weapon (for example: 400%dmg 200% multishot)
-Spectra
-Viper (every version)
-Kraken

Melee

-Amphis
-Ceramic Dagger + Sword
-Cronus (maybe also a redesign to match it with Vor's and Seer's appereance - also grants new players a special feeling when they optain this BP)
-Dual Heat Swords + Heat Sword + Heat Dagger
-Dual Ether + Ether Sword
-Ether Daggers 
-Dual Skana + Skana (every version) - And a max riven disposition would fit there too
-Fang (every verison)
-Jaw Sword
-Machete
-Mire
-Pangolin Sword

Okay, I take some offence to Spectra and Acrid being listed and yet nothing for Embolist.

Based on your lists, I find it hard to determine what you are balancing these weapons around.

I'm about 4400 hrs on this account with Spectra as my most used Gun and it deals with Sortie level enemies fine. 

Acrid luckily with a Riven is almost back to old Acrid where a couple shots will kill the enemy with the DoT. 

You are saying that a good Rivens means these weapons are still unviable, but I find some of them to be Sortie/Trial Worthy. What weapons are you wanting these to be a Side-grade of?

I do agree that some weapons need a good looking at. I disagree with any weapon that is low disposition needing to be looked at...seeing as how the low disposition means a majority of the player base has already been using the weapon.

P.S.

Continuous weapons as a whole need a damage mechanic rework, I stand behind that.

On 9/6/2017 at 1:19 PM, Teshin_Dax said:

Welll i understand your point.. 

But in PVE.. we can use Riven Mods.. and even if you use a MR1 weapon... as long as you use a Riven Mod which pushes the requirement to MR11 ..it should be viable again (Sortie wise atleast.. because MR goes higher and rng pain is also there)

I very strongly agree with this point.

That being said:

I firmly believe the Rivens should be scaled as such when applying to weapons.

It should be more than just popularity for Disposition stats and DE, could easily have multi-variant ranking for disposition: Where weaker weapons are more probe to having Great Rolls and possibly expanding Disposition even further to 7 or 10 Ranks.

(Possibly with a sliding scale for starter weapons since they generally will have more use.)*

Judging on how "balanced" Opticor is, the game obviously doesn't seem to have balance as a priority.
That being said, I do wish they show some love to all weapons, especially grineer weaponry e.g Hind, Karak
It would be nice to be excited over every weapon than to just know everything is S#&$ just for mastery level.
Feels like the wolf pet incident in world of warcraft, everyone knows whats the best gun, so every game has the same gun.

While it's true that most weapons can be brought to high level content there is no denying that many remain comparatively extremely weak even with a good riven.

Then you have the problem that weapons without a wide range of good base stats are incredibly difficult to roll a riven for, without being able to lock specific stats on riven you can totally forget ever succeeding.

Then there are weapons that just can't be saved no matter what. I invested good plat in the best possible Twin Vipers riven (imo the best looking secondary in the game). Even so, these guns deplete their magazine twice as fast as it takes to reload them and they burn through their ammo faster than anything else. There is no way you can mod around all their flaws even with the most perfect riven and primed mods. And this is a Wraith weapon, not some progression stepping stone.