Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

Awhile ago, I conceptualized a long-dead faction called the Vaulters, who had relatively contemporary-looking tech and firearms - and were also exterminated by the Orokin. This was kind of difficult to do, considering that Ganymedean weaponry was going to look a lot like their stuff. Ganymedean weaponry is meant to look kind of like a hybrid of Tediore weaponry (boxy) combined with Dahl weaponry (a very tactical feeling) with a slightly Corpus twist. It's meant to look like contemporary weapons as filtered through a head injury, with strange and exotic mag designs as befitting WF combined with firing non-hitscan AoE projectiles. (Which I guess gives it a resemblance to Torgue)

Regardless, I think I've come up with an aesthetic befitting the Vaulters:

Being a paleoarcheologist is a difficult prospect in the Origin System. Grineer and Corpus have their histories, and there's Orokin accounts from Porvis and the like.

But I'm not trying to learn from the recent past, from the First Corpus Expansion or whatever. I'm trying to learn stories that were ancient when the Orokin Empire was young - and thus, separating fact from fiction is a near sisyphean task. There are accounts and histories the Orokin burned, lore and traditions that they proscribed for no reason I can discern. And, when given the chance, they lied and embellished their victories, in addition to the cruelties of those they conquered, speaking of barbaric cults that committed cannibalism, isolated needleworlds and arcologies that forgot they were even spaceborne, as if all who lay before them were just things that were once human, either primitive tribesmen with firearms and a spaceship if they were lucky or inhuman abominations that might have been human once upon a time. There exist a few accounts disproving this - Ostron tales of the so-called Golden Rain, which displaced them from their ancestral home on Lua, along with Bidanian Testaments referencing golden-eyed demons that ate children and blamed them for the same. Legends from Ganymede also speak of the Orokin vanquishing something they refer to as the Scriven - something as much human as machine, or perhaps neither? 

Regardless. Orokin historians - propagandists, more like - describe themselves as a monoltih, the only civilization of the Origin System.

Modern academics in fields such as my own, however, take a different approach. We believe that the Orokin were simply the most powerful group, consuming all civilizations of the Origin System save for the Bidanians and Vaulters by the Meso-Orokin era, beginning to crumble on its fringes sometime between the First Corpus Era and the end of the Old War.

The Vaulters exist as perhaps the greatest evidence to support this hypothesis. Here were people - ordinary, barely-rebuilt humans with multiple cultures, their own language, technology that could stand against the early Orokin of the Lithic period who found the bulk of them. They were sealed under the planetside, for...

some reason. I cannot say. Perhaps it was fear of the Orokin? Perhaps the Scriven, or something like them, even. And the Orokin murdered them with a kind of savage glee beyond that of the Bidanians. While they claim to have the last vestiges of pre-Orokin history, that's... unfortunately true, I'm afraid. Though they will be the first to admit that much of it is shrouded in myth.

This weapon here, reconstructed by Vilcor Entrati, is one of the rare Vaulter firearms that is still extant - perhaps the only one. It bears a strange number of similarities to the Lex series, though its holster... that's very interesting. Its holster appears to be designed for a primitive version of present-day munitions systems, synthesizing various explosive gauss rounds.

--Mx. Kasprow Yuzun, Paleoarcheologist - Kronia Relay, Saturn.

filename_by_fluffywolf36_df6wj50-pre.jpg

It's meant to look kind of James Cameron, with some 40k influence - it's heavy, oversized, and looks only vaguely connected to contemporary firearms.

(EDIT: Also I think this is some of the best lore i've ever written here)

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 2

On 2022-06-06 at 4:55 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

More Weapon News

Found This Thing:

This was actually an earlier version of the Grozza from awhile ago. IDK what I'll do with it now, but i think it's worth reusing if I'm in the mood for another Grineer rifle or SMG.

df6u93n-04c03f4c-ff01-41db-8739-1511c8bd

Really like way the magazine curves around the handle. Along with the three barrels and an underslung(?) thing of some sort. In short it has a lot going on and I like that.

Have you though of using something similar to the Incarnon weapons for future weapons?

Not necessarily a weapon with multiple forms but with different options you can choose from to change it's performance.  IMO something similar to the nodes that incranon weapons have could be a way to add meaningful attachments to weapons that could change a weapons performance without using mod slots.

I really hope DE decides to make weapons with incranon style nodes where you can choose an altfire for it like they showed in the mockup of the system they shoed us a while back.

14 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

Really like way the magazine curves around the handle. Along with the three barrels and an underslung(?) thing of some sort. In short it has a lot going on and I like that.

I got the idea from this old Kris Thaler art and figured the best idea was to have the mag as a tube!

kris-thaler-rmory-micrometergun.jpg?1582

(ah, here it is)

Have you though of using something similar to the Incarnon weapons for future weapons?

Not necessarily a weapon with multiple forms but with different options you can choose from to change it's performance.  IMO something similar to the nodes that incranon weapons have could be a way to add meaningful attachments to weapons that could change a weapons performance without using mod slots.

I've considered it, but it feels... a little overwhelming to add it. This is partly because some of the guns I've made (like the Haoma, Fedorova, Naga) were meant as sort of middle-of-the-road guns, intentionally a little underwhelming by WF standards. And partly because I have a lot of guns, and I don't know how to justify adding it.

I'd be interested in adding it for a melee weapon, thought I don't quite have as firm a grasp on Incarnon altfire modes as I do with Entrati altfires.

All that said, I do like this system! It calls to mind using attachments in Aliens Fireteam, and I also like it because... let me put it this way. I know what your crit build looks like for that favorite assault rifle you own, @Neo3602

Well, maybe. Mostly. I'll be at least 50-62.5% accurate, cause this game has too many damn mandatory mods. Which is why I like the evolving weapon mechanic - it adds a way for a gun to feel a little more unique even with mods.

I really hope DE decides to make weapons with incranon style nodes where you can choose an altfire for it like they showed in the mockup of the system they shoed us a while back.

ohhhhhh that sounds baller

Also, while you're here - any thoughts on some of the lore I hammered out? It didn't actually take very long, but I feel like it's some of my best writing here.

• Like 2

On 2022-06-07 at 10:04 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I've considered it, but it feels... a little overwhelming to add it. This is partly because some of the guns I've made (like the Haoma, Fedorova, Naga) were meant as sort of middle-of-the-road guns, intentionally a little underwhelming by WF standards. And partly because I have a lot of guns, and I don't know how to justify adding it.

I'd be interested in adding it for a melee weapon, thought I don't quite have as firm a grasp on Incarnon altfire modes as I do with Entrati altfires.

All that said, I do like this system! It calls to mind using attachments in Aliens Fireteam, and I also like it because... let me put it this way. I know what your crit build looks like for that favorite assault rifle you own, @Neo3602

Well, maybe. Mostly. I'll be at least 50-62.5% accurate, cause this game has too many damn mandatory mods. Which is why I like the evolving weapon mechanic - it adds a way for a gun to feel a little more unique even with mods.

ohhhhhh that sounds baller

Also, while you're here - any thoughts on some of the lore I hammered out? It didn't actually take very long, but I feel like it's some of my best writing here.

I agree about the modding system with there being so many mandatory mods builds get kind of samey. Rivens can make things more interesting but not always. I think that incarnon style nodes for new/old weapons could make things more interesting.

20 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

Rivens can make things more interesting but not always

And even then, you sometimes have to choose between, say... primed shred and hunter munitions, so paradoxically it feels like you have less freedom despite having this mod with seemingly limitless combinations of buffs.

This is why so many of my riven builds were rolled for ice or toxin damage - it was so I could have the old build relatively intact while also having this massive buff to critical stats (or in the Sobek's case, status. Probably. I don't remember my Sobek riven's stats). Made things feel just that little bit more out-there, even if I'm sure someone would say I'm missing out by using a riven to give myself viral damage.

24 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

I think that incarnon style nodes for new/old weapons could make things more interesting.

Oh, most assuredly. If we'd be adding it, to, say... the Sobek, we'd have to make it less earthshaking than some of the Laetum's perks though.

Dziewanna 'Dhomochevsky' Laser Pistol

“This double-barreled laser pistol, analogous to various Tenno heavy pistols, fires high-intensity beams that punch through targets and can blow off limbs.

Overcharging it fires two beams simultaneously, but builds up heat faster. Like all Dziewannan guns, it has a tendency to overheat, and can be pushed far past its normal limits.”
Codex

dziewanna__dhomochevsky__laser_pistol_by

Lore

The Dhomochevsky is one of a few standard pistols belonging to the Dziewannan military, a common sight among officers, along with trade and mining expeditions - and even some Tenno. This pistol boasts high damage, high fire rate, a charged shot function, and negligible recoil… at the cost of a long cooldown period, and a more damaging overheat.

This can make the Dhomochevsky feel… underwhelming.

But: End of the day, it’s the most powerful laser pistol in the Origin System. It can hammer out devastating shots on the same power scale of any Origin System pistol at an extremely high rate, punching through armor and incinerating with ease.

In addition, its charged shot mode gives it a lot of utility. The intense heat at the point of impact causes lightning to arc outwards, wreaking merry hell on sensitive electrical components, shields, and nervous systems.

Those Dziewannans who use the Dhomochevsky often refer to themselves  as employing “the Domo’s Rhythm” - feather the trigger for a barrage of laser shots, maybe charge it up for a few damaging charged shots, push it a little past overheat, holster and switch to primary or melee, repeat.

It can hit with the punch of a sniper rifle. It has excellent anti armor ability. And holding down the trigger for a charged shot can simply hammer into a crowd of enemies - be it Infested, Grineer, or Corpus attempting to steal valuable Dziewannan technology before its onboard brickware activates.

The brickware causes no small amount of headaches among Dziewannan freebooters. It’s somewhat rare - not too common, but the risk is always present - that Corpus techs can brick their weaponry and other tech, ignoring the Corpus Board’s demands to bring back functioning Dziewannan technology at all costs.

There’s also the risk that repeatedly overheating the weapons for increased damage potential will eventually render them inoperable, although most Dziewannan technology is built from a nano-substrate capable of self-heal. This is actually relatively similar to Tenno weaponry, though it uses purely technological nanotech.. It’s for this reason that Dziewannan self-defense forces and expeditionary forces often keep a backup weapon from other factions of the Origin System - be it Solaris Kitgun, Grineer, or Corpus. Ganymedean minirocket weapons and Tenno firearms are particularly prized. The former are prized for their lack of recoil and explosive power, the latter are prized for their power and slash damage.

For long-duration planetside salvage and mining operations, especially those on Origin System bodies held by Grineer or Corpus, it’s a Godsend. These pistols, like all Dziewannan weapons, recharge by absorbing ambient energy - through solar cells, through a planet’s magnetosphere, and through powered weapon racks on Dziewannan ships. 

The powered racks are an innovation that the Corpus have taken for themselves.

At this point you may be wondering - why is the Corpus relationship with the Dziewannans so antagonistic?

Most of the Bidanian expats that founded Dziewanna were actually kept in Corpus work-contracts. Their Corpus overseer claimed eminent domain over this prize, provoking a violent skirmish that resulted in countless dead - with more on the Corpus side, surprisingly. By the time he’d managed to mount an assault decades later, the Dziewannans had managed to rig up their own ramshackle tech base.

There’s one more reason. Corpus spy-proxies embedded in Dziewanna have revealed that much of its native technology bears little if any resemblance to Orokin or Corpus products. While some of this is likely reinvented and repurposed by resourceful Dziewannans, not all of it can be explained.

It’s currently surmised that Dziewanna’s purpose was a research facility for technology belonging to other civilizations - an intriguing prospect for the Corpus…

Stats

• Trigger: charge

• Magazine: 5

• Charge time: 0.4s

• Recharge Time: 2.5s

• Cooldown Time: 0.6s

•      1.8s (After gun has overheated)

• Recharge Delay: 1s

• Rounds until overheat period: 4

• Maximum rounds fireable during overheat period - 3

• Overheat Damage: +20% heat

Primary Fire:

• Trigger: Auto-Charge

• Charge time: 0.4s

• Damage: 180

• 90 Puncture

• 60 heat

• 30 slash

• Critical Chance: 28%

• Critical Multiplier: 2.4x

• Status Chance: 22%

• Punch-Through: 0.4

Charged Shot
Increases overheat 50% faster

On Impact

• Charge Time: 1.2s

• Consumes 2 ammo

• Damage: 360

• 180 Puncture

• 120 Heat

• 60 Slash

• Status Chance: 22%

Area Attacks

• Damage: 180 Electricity

• Status Chance: 20%

• Blast Radius: 3m

Artist Notes

I didn’t quite want to do this, cause this felt kinda similar to the most recent Corpus pistol I did cause both are revolver-like energy pistols with a charge mechanic.. But, well, I was just sitting on this, for some reason my heart’s not as much in the current grenade launcher I’m drawing, I haven’t made a WF gun in two weeks…

…so I went and did this.

It was actually kind of hard to make this lore, on the basis that some of the earliest lore for Dziewanna was written close to three years ago, and the last Dziewannan gun I made was two years ago. I was on the verge of accidentally retconning some of this, claiming that the dziewannans just repurposed some old ruin…

But, well, I feel like I’ve created a happy medium between “Created their own techbase” and “repurposed already extant things.”

Fun fact: Originally this pistol was a railgun, but I’ve created a pretty decent framework for how Dziewannan firearms work, so that was scrapped.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

dziewanna__dhomochevsky__laser_pistol_by

Lore

The Dhomochevsky is one of a few standard pistols belonging to the Dziewannan military, a common sight among officers, along with trade and mining expeditions - and even some Tenno. This pistol boasts high damage, high fire rate, a charged shot function, and negligible recoil… at the cost of a long cooldown period, and a more damaging overheat.

I really like the cutouts on the handle, sell a vibe off effiency resource use and weigh saving.

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Charged Shot
Increases overheat 50% faster

On Impact

Charge Time: 0.9s

It would be neat if it on overheat on a charged shot the weapon had a way longer delay like up to 10 seconds and go as far to have a damaged modle for this state, sell better the idea the weapon can self repair and its desiners where fine with the user pushing it. To compesate for this weakness throw in a Holter rate buff , it will compesate this weakness and give it a neat niche use on mesa.

On a different topic 

I'm designing a incarnoon warframe and I've decided to make a incarnoon weapon set for her.

Here the rough ideas

Sword and shield b

• Normal - vanilla shield with above average range 
  • Incarnoon - replaces the Stance e with shield bashes , enables melee block with 45 degrees while using  primarily nd secondaries w8th bo animation lock , aiming dowsinghs increases the blockangle

Secondary -

• Normal - better sonicor
  • incarnoon mode instead of making the weapon better it just splits itself  releasing a sentinel with a good weapon and limited ammo.

Primary -

spear gun ,

• Normal- glaxion but with better aoe, but haas standard falloff
  • Incarnoon -only is thowable at max charge , creates a localized blizzard that freezes enemies at 10 cold procs.

What do you think of these ideas? 

1 hour ago, keikogi said:

I really like the cutouts on the handle, sell a vibe off effiency resource use and weigh saving.

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

It's also meant to make it look sorta.... unfinished and stripped down. Took the basic idea from the Ikelos handcannon in Destiny 2.

It would be neat if it on overheat on a charged shot the weapon had a way longer delay like up to 10 seconds and go as far to have a damaged modle for this state, sell better the idea the weapon can self repair and its desiners where fine with the user pushing it.

interesting... though the maximum possible reload time you'll have on this is actually closer to 5 seconds. It takes 0.6 seconds to totally cool after overheating, it has a recharge delay of 1.8 seconds after overheating, and takes 2.2 seconds to fully reload.

I don't know if I'd go as far as ten seconds, but comparing the numbers and seeing your comments makes me realize that yeah, maybe I should make it riskier. If only for the sake of its characterization.

Sword and shield b

• Normal - vanilla shield with above average range 
  • Incarnoon - replaces the Stance e with shield bashes , enables melee block with 45 degrees while using  primarily nd secondaries w8th bo animation lock , aiming dowsinghs increases the blockangle

I think this is the one that feels the most like a potential Incarnon weapon. The other two feel... a little closer to Entrati weapons? At least in the sense that the altfire key on an Entrati weapon fires some kind of one-and-done room nuke (or does the thing the Sepulcrum does, which is the most engaging and satisfying Siphon altfire). Meanwhile, Incarnon weapons take on a unique form.

I've also decided that if I make an incarnon weapon, it's taking some inspiration from this. No idea what "ceremonial" function it had - maybe I'll just say it was a gun someone snuck aboard.

maxresdefault.jpg

Incarnon 'Anemor' assault Rifle
"Surprisingly? That one's not ceremonial, not some fancy toy for Golden Lords to play with. Someone - not naming names - just snuck an assault rifle onto the Zariman, and it turned into this thing. Two barrels, explosive ammo... who could ask for more?"
--Cavalero

• Like 1

Have decided to bring back some of the old weapon sketches I've made before! This means I'll be able to skimp on some of the effort of creating an entirely new silhouette. Also, it means I have a decent grenade launcher silhouette to work with (and a decent LMG silhouette, as shown below). 

On 2019-02-26 at 1:30 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

ART DUMP 10: I'M AT GRINEER

Despite the fact that Grineer have formed a backbone of Warframe content for so long, I have a tendency to neglect Grineer-related content. In the last year or so, if we count the Tarvoss and Ostium, I've literally made more Sentient (or at least Sentient-themed) weapons than Grineer. I even have an Infested pistol coming soon. If I have a cool kinetic weapon idea, (Like the Estampida, Depezador, Tarvoss) I typically pawn it off to the Tenno, who have more space for exotic stuff going on. And I've gotten in a habit of saying "I'm going to do something different!" when really it's just another energy weapon. And I don't like that sort of thing.

So I decided to try something different, this go-around. This Art dump is just Grineer weapons! I tried to exaggerate the "military" aspect of Grineer weaponry to the best of my ability, as opposed to the more esoteric stuff I normally give to Tenno. 

I've just got one question for all of you: What would you like me to try next?

The Concepts: 

filename_by_haruaxeman_dd0qfb5-pre.jpg

1. Habbek Assault Rifle: An assault rifle with good crit and abnormally high damage for an assault rifle... with the tradeoff that its recoil management is overpowered, forcing the barrel down instead of up. 
          NOTE: This is probably one of my favorites on here, because it's so clean compared to the rest. Plus, it has a suitably unique magazine inspired by the Peacekeeper Carbine from BULLETSTORM. See that here. Yes, the bullets are sideways. I don't know how that works.

2. Abzak Autoshotgun: Shotgun with auto and semi modes, equivalent to "fire selector" weapons like the Tiberon Prime, Argonak, and Stradavar. I just wanted to see how I could make an autoshotgun version of the Karak. And, in keeping with the Karak's bulbous (THAT'S RIGHT, THE MASCARA SNAKE) mag design, this thing would use something like a Grineer beta-C. 

3. Jogrin Slug Gun: The closest thing the Grineer would have to a less-lethal weapon - it fires taser slugs from a 12-round pan magazine. Think of this like the Astilla, but with AoE electric damage instead of AoE slash. The pan magazine can also be launched to use as an antipersonnel mine.

4. Untitled Nukor Carbine: @Unus once pointed out that some of my ideas for a Vaykor Nukor (including inherent combustion beam) would've made for an interesting weapon on their own. I wanted to try that. Also I forgot to name this. How strange.

5. Vizlok Battle Rifle: As inspired by a Swiss blow-forward rifle and Mikah's "Granny Gun" from Spacelords. The Viszlok is a Grineer blow-forward battle rifle with high (as in, >96) physical damage and average critical stats for that bracket that has a high semiauto fire rate. Unfortunately, it becomes very hard to control after 2 rapid trigger pulls, with the third climbing upwards. Then the fourth climbs upward and to the right or left. Then the fifth... God only knows. The key to using this weapon is measured 2-3 taps.

6. Thuma Revolver Grenade Launcher: This honestly only exists so I can Infest it later. As inspired by the Raceme from Spacelords.

7. Goss Sniper Rifle: Grineer duplex-auto gauss sniper, built for use against Vomvalysts and Eidolons. Its success at this is... questionable.

8. Takkar Tactical Pistol: Grineer pistol with auto, burst, and semi modes. Auto and Burst would be mostly status-focused, with semi being more crit-focused.  Kind of like a reverse Tiberon.
          NOTE: The little bulb at the back is the mag (much like the Stubba) and it rotates with each shot. How? Why? Good question. Also, you have to pull the little lever in front of the trigger to build up pressure. I don't know how this works.

IMG_5580.JPG?width=606&height=808

9. 'Laikan' Shotgun Pistol: Duplex-auto shotgun sidearm. Altfire rotates the barels so it has horizontal or vertical spread  Fires immediately on unholstering. The default spread, if you're wondering, is vertical.

IMG_6759.JPG?width=606&height=808

10. Grineer "Sobba" (Saba? Sawbar?) LMG: Slash/status, with 30% base status... and just okayish crit. 16-18% crit chance or so. Much like the Tarvoss. 

Now, you might be wondering - why's the part with grenade launchers important? Well, to make a long story short, I was trying to make a grenade launcher with the cylinder in front of the handguard, and I just....

575440bd0350563f9825f7ba7d26480c.jpg

My one rule for drawing weapons here is that I have to believably be able to hold them, and I couldn't make this one work for me.

11 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

think this is the one that feels the most like a potential Incarnon weapon. The other two feel... a little closer to Entrati weapons? At least in the sense that the altfire key on an Entrati weapon fires some kind of one-and-done room nuke (or does the thing the Sepulcrum does, which is the most engaging and satisfying Siphon altfire). Meanwhile, Incarnon weapons take on a unique form.

The first one is indeed the best one for idea and fit on the incarnoon mold. The second one is a Incarnoon more or less  because it needs to be , I want to use the incarnoon perks to flesh out the sentinel part and its uses. 

The best case for this feature is the last incarnoon perk. It affects the targeting precept of "sentinel ".The default targeting precept only allows it to attack enemies that where attached by the left over weapon on the hand but on the evolution five you can change it to:

be able to attack nearby indendently of the actions of the secondary on hand

keep tbe targeting restrictions but gain damage based on the amount of shots fired by the secondary left on the hand.

Swap the target designator functionality to warframe skills ( only targets enemies hit by a one off the skills of the warframe ) and increases it's fire rate

Edit: on its base incarnoon mode is more like a wrangler ( team frostress engineer ) deal than a fully autonomous sentinel.

Entrati weapon fires some kind of one-and-done room nuke (or does the thing the Sepulcrum does, which is the most engaging and satisfying Siphon altfire). Meanwhile, Incarnon weapons take on a unique form.

The primary one is definitively a entrati weapon , going to redesign it.

I've also decided that if I make an incarnon weapon, it's taking some inspiration from this. No idea what "ceremonial" function it had - maybe I'll just say it was a gun someone snuck aboard.

Im pretty sure cavaleiro had grenades with him ( because he used them blow himself up ). Never heard of cerimonial grenades so he either made them on board or snuck them in

Edited by keikogi

Oh hey, I finally sketched that thing.

df7e3ik-63efc413-f058-43bc-8a9d-e5dd6ac4

ALSO:

Since DE... is DE, I find myself thinking: "Wait, what if I'm not likely to get another Entrati gun?! GASP"

I love this game and all the work they do. But come on lmao. With how much they typically put into new expansions and the preponderance of content islands (though I do appreciate how Zariman feels more like a peninsula, with how it's clearly an endgame area) it doesn't seem likely we'll see the Entrati again... though it admittedly would be fun to talk to them about the Zariman sometime. Maybe you could create a way for Mother to go there or at least see it, and find that her birth name is Euleria. Maybe we could get some content with her and/or Daughter looking at some of the flooded decks of the Zariman, marveling at the old fish she designed, and we get to see her say how her name is her name and have a statement against deadnaming that resonates with queer WF fans also I'm seriously wondering if I have undiagnosed ADD.

So anyway. I'm currently working on another Entrati gun. 

The original sketch for this came from my Outriders days - the basic idea was that it was a "Double Gun," a sort of offbeat weapon subtype that acts like an AR/LMG hybrid. It has the angled magwell cause I thought it'd make for a cool silhouette and I was inspired by the Calus' Promise ornament from Destiny 2. 

I'm not sure, exactly, what it will do yet. I've already made Entrati guns that have radial cold and electric damage, so I think I may just go back to basics and give this radial heat damage. I'll give it lower damage per individual shot than, say, the Trumna.... aaaand also higher fire rate. Probably also four-round auto-burst.

Still not sure what the siphon mode does. I will have to consult with @Teoarrk. Because part of me wants to make it just a primary sepulcrum, but part of me also does not.

Screenshot_279.png?width=970&height=545

• Like 1

I'll get back to you tomorrow on the double gun, but the concept works well for a primary version of a Sepulcrum. Since the Entrati work towards rugged and reliable, maybe this is the right direction to take. Regardless, I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Btw if you are still looking for ways to excuse incarnoon guns well the fireworks weapons could be a way to make them as well 

ec1f8b7ffdde74dd611bfa2a7b3c1ca1.jpg

a dragon dance head as arch gun 

541ccc75fdde465a9fab3e59a45d8e31.jpg

Fire works gun 

img-7027-500x500.jpg

You can also make a panthers that was totally there for gardening. Invert it so it only has the cut function ( the alt fire that hols the disk in place ) but on the incarnoon mode it becomes a disk launcher of doom

Edited by keikogi
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

I'll get back to you tomorrow on the double gun, but the concept works well for a primary version of a Sepulcrum. Since the Entrati work towards rugged and reliable, maybe this is the right direction to take. Regardless, I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Awright, thanks! ^~^

Plus, having a primary weapon that's basically just a bigger version of your secondary is a very 40k thing.

5 hours ago, keikogi said:

Btw if you are still looking for ways to excuse incarnoon guns well the fireworks weapons could be a way to make them as well 

IDK if I'll do this, but a fireworks launcher of some kind does have potential. Maybe the "regular" version is a grenade launcher, and the incarnon form.... uh.... I don't know. Maybe it's like a shotgun, but instead of individual pellets, it fires multiple grenades?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Awright, thanks! ^~^

Plus, having a primary weapon that's basically just a bigger version of your secondary is a very 40k thing.

IDK if I'll do this, but a fireworks launcher of some kind does have potential. Maybe the "regular" version is a grenade launcher, and the incarnon form.... uh.... I don't know. Maybe it's like a shotgun, but instead of individual pellets, it fires multiple grenades?

You got a fairly big bs license on void weapons. Almost as big as the warframe skills themselves ( the new dagger is a exalted blade for example ). Instead of making it better launcher what about making it signaling cannon 

Something like this 

hammer of dawn 

You can make it summon a bunch of void plumes slicing enemies like vergil summoned swords 

There a lot of possibilities for what  marking shot can call from the void. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, keikogi said:

You got a fairly big bs license on void weapons. Almost as big as the warframe skills themselves ( the new dagger is a exalted blade for example ). Instead of making it better launcher what about making it signaling cannon 

AUDIBLE GASP, it IS?!

(I have not built it yet. I have, however, seen funny videos of using it. Gotta say, I am intrigued.)

4 minutes ago, keikogi said:

There a lot of possibilities for what  marking shot can call from the void. 

This does solve my issue with not being entirely sure how to do a Hammer of Dawn...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

AUDIBLE GASP, it IS?!

(I have not built it yet. I have, however, seen funny videos of using it. Gotta say, I am intrigued.)

it is, a weapon that can self uff harder than croma , ammo becoming combo , weapon swaping form widely ( swaping category ), ofering damage reduction and mimicing a 4th skill. The precedent for bs is quile large. And given their conection to the void is really easy to explain away their bs with its the void I dont have to explain shiet 

14 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

This does solve my issue with not being entirely sure how to do a Hammer of Dawn...

Thats a good problem to solve.

• Like 1

It is now tomorrow and just as hot if not even hotter than yesterday. Back to where we were. Given that Entrati take a lot of inspiration from 40K and the existence of the Storm Bolter and other such weapons, I would suggest going for something a bit different - The gun is fully belt fed, so no reloading required, but it can overheat and  jam. But, as it get close to overheating, it deals innate heat damage. The Player can activate the Entrati Siphon to flush the heat of the gun, dealing massive damage in a radius. 

You can then make it an ugly gun Vilcor designed while reminiscing of a particular battle during his soldiering days, but was never something he could get right. Doubling the barrels to increase service time, Using a sleeve around the barrels to eject the heat towards the enemy. He hated the gun, but every time he fired it, it reminded him of his glory days, and that was enough.

Or something like that.

The source is the Lead Storm tier 5 upgrades from DRG.

https://deeprockgalactic.fandom.com/wiki/"Lead_Storm"_Powered_Minigun

Edited by Teoarrk
  • Like 1

The good news is I'm very good at coming up with Entrati weapon names. The bad news is I'm not too good at coming up with what they actually do. For example, I came up with one today called the Columbarium! My first instinct was "make a flamethrower" but I've already made two Entrati flamethrowers.

While IDK if I'll do it, @Teoarrk did provide a good idea though (and it's actually very funny to imagine that installed on a flamethrower). It seemed like it'd work especially well during Steel Path when I can't kill enemies fast enough. Anyway, grenade launcher coming later today!

• Like 2

Grineer 'Taknok' Grenade Launcher

"This Grineer radiation grenade launcher is essentially a Pandero upsized to ludicrous proportions. It possesses the Pandero’s magazine-emptying burst, allowing Grineer to rain down eight grenades in one devastating volley."

grineer__taknok__grenade_launcher_by_flu

Lore

Whoever designed this… either they wanted something really dead, or the clone-rot grew a real bad tumor in their brain. See this? Stock’s designed to fold and angle upwards, but there’s this huge sighting device blocking the stock. And on top of of all that, it’s loaded for radioactive  munitions.”

–Corb Ferza, Steel Meridian Gunsmith.

There’s two principles underlying Grineer technology. 

First: redistribution. Few Grineer have the capacity to truly create - in fact, most Grineer technology is based on taking technology from Orokin or others, breaking it down to its barest essentials, and building something new from there. This is in addition to finding workarounds, such as resurrecting the combustion engine, or building easily replaced parts instead of components capable of self-heal. 

The second can best be described as: “Wouldn’t it be cool or brutal if…” 

After all, the Grineer have no concept of ‘war crimes,’ and are more often than not suffering from brain damage due to genetic instability and the Loyalty Gland. And this engineers surprisingly childlike and sociopathic mindsets in those Grineer deemed unfit for command, such as high-placed Savants in various Grineer production zones. How else to explain rocket-powered maces and meteor hammers, or the Atterax?

Both are on display in the Taknok

This Grineer grenade launcher essentially a Pandero upsized to ludicrous proportions, which fires grenades instead of pistol rounds. To make the Pandero’s altfire work, the receiver had to be shifted considerably further back, rendering this grenade launcher profoundly less balanced than other Grineer explosive launchers..

Any Grineer with any sense of ergonomics were not fans.

But given that the Grineer are the only military in the Origin System that use the Atterax as a “disciplinary tool,” this never made much headway.

While it’s filtered into the Kuva Guards and Vay Hek’s various forces, It’s typically deployed by those Kuva Grineer attempting to explore the derelict Zariman 10-0. Intercepted orders found in Camp Uk, one of the only beachheads the Grineer established within the ancient ship, suggest that it was sent from Grineer High Command to deal with “Voidborne threats.”

Camp Uk was later destroyed - conspicuously not by Tenno. Or Cavalero.

Stats

Fire Rate: 4

Mag size: 8

Reload time: 3s

Semi
On Impact:

Trigger: Semi

Damage: 40 Impact

Critical Chance: 16%

Critical Multiplier: 2.4x

Status Chance: 37%

Projectile Type: non-hitscan

Radial

Fire Rate: 4

Damage: 540

280 Radiation

120 Impact

80 Blast

60 Slash

Critical Chance: 16%

Status Chance: 37%

Blast Radius: 5m

Damage Falloff: 100% damage at 0m

30% damage at 5m

Projectile Type: explosion

Burst

Trigger: Burst

Burst Delay: 0.1

Burst Rate: 5

Damage: 40 Impact

Critical Chance: 18%

Status Chance: 38%

Projectile Type: non-hitscan

Radial

Damage: 540

280 Radiation

120 Impact

80 Blast

60 Slash

Critical Chance: 18%

Status Chance: 38%

Blast Radius: 5m

Damage Falloff: 100% damage at 0m

30% damage at 5m

Projectile Type: Explosion

Artist Notes

Originally, this looked kind of like the Pandero, and had the magazine ahead of the handguard. This was… I tried. I really tried. But I couldn’t take it seriously. It has to look like something I can imagine myself using, but that didn’t work out for me.

Aaaaanyway. This was inspired by one user from my thread who mentioned it would be cool if I had a grenade launcher that fired like the Pnadero. Unfortunately, he said this while pointing to a grenade launcher I came up with that already had its own alfire, so that wasn’t working out for me.

So I just made this! It’s been a long time since I did a Grineer gun, so it made sense.

• Like 4

Finally magazine size is a real Stat on build.

It's really simple but really unique at the same time.  Also brings considerable game play ( self knock down risk , the highest risk launcher ) and build (magazine size might be a thing for this gun)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keikogi said:

Finally magazine size is a real Stat on build.

Won't be the last time this happens! One of the next two revolvers I make will have some of that :P

2 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Also brings considerable game play ( self knock down risk , the highest risk launcher ) and build (magazine size might be a thing for this gun)

It just felt right. Like "hey, the Pandero is a revolver, lots of grenade launchers are giant revolvers..."

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

just felt right. Like "hey, the Pandero is a revolver, lots of grenade launchers are giant revolvers..."

I know its to early for a argument  mod but here a idea. "Raibom load " terrible name but here the ideas.  Eachshot fires napalm grenades, toxic sludge grenades,  tesla coil grenades and blizzard grenades in that order. Playing around a bit with diferent damage types and grenades types.

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Won't be the last time this happens! One of the next two revolvers I make will have some of that :P

I've played around the idea with a Canon that increased its damage based on magazine size. Think of more powder kind of deal but never got around to finish it properly.

Edited by keikogi