Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

39 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

Sounds fun!

On the one hand, it's lighter on art (wack). I'll probably make some later. Hopefully.

On the other hand, I've got at least three guns I can use as a reward. If it's not the next post, I'm working on making some artwork of spaceships and stuff.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Unus said:

Always pays to do so!

I was gonna include a pistol with this but then I was all like "eh" lol

that'd take a long time to color, and I'll just add it in later. I'll just do a rough sketch and add the stats and/or color later.

Operation: Kithship Exodus

“Tenno. We’ve received a transmission from… someone, out in the Kuiper Belt. I don’t know who, which is unusual in itself. Darvo says they’re trustworthy, however.”

~Lotus

“Tenno! So, I made a… questionable deal with some very scary… people… from the Far Black. They call themselves the Kithships. Now, don’t worry, they’re very reasonable. All I had to do was volunteer you for a job on a weird derelict out there. The payment is some of their rare resources and blueprints - essentially, whatever they approve.

And all you have to do is kill Corpus or Narmer. Whatever’s on this kithship derelict, those two want it. They didn’t tell me more, but I think that’s reason enough to take the job.

Now, they’re not threatening me. It’s just. Ah. You’ll know when you talk to them. I’m sending you a data package now - it’s got precepts for your Sentinels, coordinates, you name it.”
Darvo

Starting the Event:

This mission starts by Darvo sending the aforementioned transmission. You’re sent to a relay, or at least something patterned after a “generic” tenno Dojo where the builders haven’t gone crazy by painting it.

At Darvo’s back is a massive window, showing a giant RING GATE glowing from the center. Small black shapes flitter to and fro.

Darvo: “My favorite customer! It’s been too long.”

Dialogue Options:
“What is this place?”
“What do you need?”
Leave”
“Check wares”

Drifter/Operator: What is this place?
Darvo: “During the Narmer War, lots of Tenno moved their dojos out to the Far Black. Didn’t think the things could move so fast! And they left it to me.”
Drifter/Operator: “Please tell me you didn’t steal it…”
Darvo: *looks downcast*
Darvo: (solemnly) “they didn’t need it anymore.”
*pause*
Darvo: I feel like I could really make this place something special. Lease it out to some friends, grease the right palms ..."

Drifter/Operator: What do you need?
Darvo: “Well, it’s not so much what I need as… look. I made a deal with… something. They’re not the Board, they’re not a void creature - no offense - they’re, ah… I don’t know what they are. They just call themselves kithships.
Drifter/Operator: “What’s a kithship?”
Darvo: “Good question! I have no idea.They’re these big, just… just massive ships that eat resources like a half-starved Kubrow. But here’s the thing: I’ve barely ever seen anyone get off the ship. Everyone that does looks the same, and they… the Kithships have this representative. You can’t tell anything about them. But, well, I made a deal with them and it’s time to uphold my end.”

Drifter/Operator:
“What was the deal?”
“What do you need, though?”

Drifter/Operator: “What was the deal?”
Darvo: “Simple, really - they gave me shelter and a very, very well-appointed dormizone on one of the upper concourses. In return, I give them resources.”

Drifter/Operator: “What do you need, though?”
Darvo: “Well, it’s a pretty standard job for you. Except for the kithships. Anyway, there’s this Kithship derelict that’s right where some of the worst people in the Origin System can find it. They’re paying me, to pay you, to make sure that nobody gets their grubby hands on it.

Event Mechanics
This event works… pretty much as you’d expect. There’s Standing, which you gain by doing various missions. You also have to contribute various resources - Kithship and Orokin - to gain standing, which gives you your choice of a reward upon ranking up. These rewards can include forma, orokin catalysts, weapon blueprints and parts, and Arcanes for people who hate Mirror Defense with a passion and refuse to grind it any longer than they have to. Which is understandable, really.

Each mission also requires a railjack to get to the derelict - or other objectives.

Completing random challenges throughout the mission - headshot x enemies, deal melee damage, hack various terminals, go x amount of seconds without receiving damage, go x amount of seconds using melee - will spawn in Kithship Guardforms. It’s genuinely difficult to tell if the guardforms are robots or people, but they do speak with human voices unlike the Kithship captain(s?).

The primary enemies for this one are Corpus… and Narmer “Invasion forces” that sometimes veil the Corpus in addition to afflicting them with Amalgam mutations from Alad V’s Amalgams, adding to the general sense of chaos here.

Characters

Allied:

Darvo:
Darvo serves as mission control (of a sort…) in the sense that he’s directing your actions, and translating for the kithships. He also serves as the vendor for this, selling you various rewards for mission standing.

quotes:

1. “Tenno. I don’t know where a lot of you were during the Narmer War, but… it was bad out there. Any open-eye or barehead - that’s all of us that didn’t get veiled - rushed to the frontiers of that new empire. I still remember that first day you… that first day we failed. Out on this collapsing rustbucket of a station that looked older than the Orokin, staring out into Veil Proxima. And I cried, Tenno.”
  2. “There’s a whole lot of empty space out in Veil Proxima, and precious few places to call home. For awhile, we thought that maybe we’d be okay. That maybe we could last against Narmer. It didn’t last. People out here like Bidanians and Oeizu, they really struggle to grow food, to get enough. People respected a man that could get things for them, like a little kubuchi. But the problem was, you couldn’t grease a veilhead’s palms the way you could the Corpus or even Grineer.

So there I was, in a tractor limping along with one engine left, when the Kithships found me. They’d help my network get people the goods in exchange for a cut of any building materials retrieved. Trembera Essence, Forma, Orokin Cells, Bapholite, you name it.”

1. “Gotta say. I’ve gotten a taste for the kind of freedom that’s opened up after we punched Narmer’s faces off.”

The Kithship Captain:
The Kithship Captain serves as mission control alongside Darvo, explaining objectives and anything the Lotus wouldn't know.

They wear a gold-chased Pyramid Head-like mask (imagine Corpus + pyramid head) that seems just slightly too small to fit a human head, and speak in subtitled but nigh-unintelligible static, with a few words - the kithship name, the faction name - remaining understandable. Not entirely unlike the Board from Control.

Quotes:
<This is the kithship Atalanta - your objectives are clear. Prevent our fallen sibling/family/cousin from being eaten/deconstructed/understood by the Corpus.>
<This is the Kithship Epimetheus. We appreciate the job/burial you’re doing, Tenno>
<The Sentients/Builders are like us, in so many ways. This Narmer/Sentients… they must not be allowed our tech/bodies/souls.>
<This is the Kithship Albian. We have conferred that whatever happens to us when the Sentients/Flayed/Constructors reach their tendrils into us, even our fallen sibling/bodies, we don’t want to find out.>
<We want to leave, of course. You have come from an age of gold/blood, you’ve seen the fruits of your labors/culling/justice. We do not judge. But there are armies/things/[indecipherable [̴̬́h̵̨̕̕o̷͕̬͊r̶̰̳̅̊r̶̥̘̞̉́ǐ̵̩̝̚b̴̻̫̓͗l̵̦͎̈́͛̈́è̴͎͙͘ ̵͙̙̄̔͑d̸̗̹͓̾i̴̳͓̔͌̕ͅa̸̲̜̽̈́ľ̵̫-̵̛̭̀̕ǘ̴̳̈p̸̲͍͛̄̎ ̸̢́̆̎n̷̜͚̒͘͝ò̴̡͈̋̃͜ī̷̱͕̚s̷͍̍̍̔e̶͔̩͛]̸̞͉̓̆͊ here. Things beyond just the Cloned Plague, in the black between planets, in the spaces between spaces. Hungry things. Indifferent things.>

Kithship Guardforms:
These kithship… allies… have similar Pyramid Head-like masks as the captain, just with less gold chasing. Their skin - what little of it we see - is an unhealthy-looking gray-white.

(Encountering Narmer) “They can’t be allowed out of here.”
“For exodus!”

Hostile:

Corpus:
Vala Glarios:
Vala is overseeing the Corpus army that seeks to control the Kithship technology. Because all of us - ain’t that right, @Teoarrk - know that Nef has done too much.
Quotes:
“What do you bring to the system, Tenno? More chaos? We bring order. The most flourishing civilization to arise in the wake of the Orokin.”
(Tenno response: You’re little better. You’re another empire that sees humans as raw material.”)
“Tenno. Would you really deny Parvos his chance to save the system?”
“The Origin System dies a little bit every day, and these… things… hold hostage technology that could make so many people!”

Cora Yeng
One of the Sisters of Parvos serving under Vala. She permakilled her Tenno.

Narmer:
Kubri Jenaidus:
Jenaidus is one of Narmer’s most devoted acolytes, as he wears no veil. He does wear a headpiece resembling one, which nonetheless reveals his eyes.
Quotes:
A device to bring us to Sacred Tau, to save those chosen among our race.”

“I wore no Veil. I was a child in the vents of a Solaris work-camp so pathetic, so unimportant it had no name. And I chose to liberate us. The Corpus had used us as but more raw materials, and I would not have it. They thought to veil me, but they simply… forgot. I was rewarded by Ballas himself. Perhaps some of what he told me was untrue… but it was true enough. Are his lies bad enough that they don’t justify the only peace in the Origin system for millennia? He achieved in mere years what you failed. Or perhaps never even tried.”

“For the first time, I… the Origin System had something. It had peace. Respect. I helped command an empire. I made people safe, and you and your Lotus destroyed that. But, in my kindness… I will take their gate. Your death is not a priority, but I won’t be sad.”

“These disciples of a false god mean nothing to me. I’ll bring them into Brother Ballas’ light soon enough.”

“They say I override people’s wills? What about these Corpus? They told me as a child I could be anything, and treated me like something cheaper than a proxy and twice as replaceable. I am enlightening them.”

“These usurpers. These pretenders towards the Sentient form, who refused my offer! They are allowed to escape to Tau while we faithful who nurtured the Origin System suffer here, amongst debased zealots and things that were once human! We shall strip the gate from them by whatever force necessary!”

Mission types:
These missions take place on either the Kithship railjack map or, Ring map, and can feature either a Kithship, the Ring, or a regular old Corpus ship.

The Ring is a massive (under construction, anyway…) structure that occupies much of the map, and typically hosts Autoclave Survival or Defense missions. The Kithships are using this as a warp gate or something like that (it might just be a really big gun that shoots Kithships at high speed, I don’t know) for unknown reasons.

Autoclave Survival:
Has a railjack component involving fighting your way to the Kithship Derelict.

The lowest-tier but easiest to accomplish. Rewards the least for a single rotation, but has an endless bonus.

A unique type of Survival mission taking place on the Kithship Derelict. In this mission type, the current attacking faction places a hacking device at various locations on the map, meant to hack in to the Kithships and steal data.

The Tenno have to form a perimeter around the device and defend various moltecoils being used to destroy it.

If the device succeeds, the Kithships will autoclave off that entire tile, turning off life support. In this way, it acts as sort of a Reverse Defense mission - it’s the enemies defending something, and you have to attack them and continually put pressure on the device.

Any Tenno stuck inside after autoclaving is completed is flung back into Archwing Space, and so they have to find their way back into the Derelict - either waiting for the Kithships to create an opening in the Derelict, or getting into the Railjack and slingshotting themselves back in.

In short: the more you fail the mission, the harder it becomes to continue. This also discourages turtling, forcing the team to move around the map.

Kithship Defense:
Also has a railjack component involving flying to the derelict.

It’s also the size of a large Interception Mission tile.

Also an endless mission. This acts a little like Mirror Defense but more tolerable - There’s an objective to defend, but various Kithship Nodes spawn all over the tile. These require Tenno to hack and defend them, and doing so decreases the length of the wave, thus increasing the rewards.

Volatile:
Can be on either a Corpus or Kithship Tile - the basic idea is to blow up the ship, scuttling it.

Orphix:
Kill a Narmer Orphix that’s taken up residence in a Kithship Derelict.

Fragments:

Tenno. One of our greatest strengths is information, and we need to know where all their resources are going. What these things are.

I feel a kind of kinship with them, but… not quite. As if… as if I am a kubrow and they’re Hyekka. Different, but we arrived in similar places.”
–The Lotus

Various Kithship Cogitator Nodes are scattered all over the various tiles of the Kithships… in addition to any railjack tiles you use. These are large and glowing, not entirely unlike decree fragments.

Scanning one of these at the behest of the Lotus will trigger a short Defense segment as you download the information into one of your Sentinels.

Because there’s a non-zero chance you might not be on the same ship or the same area of the map, gaining one of these gives a scan to the entire team.

Ranking up with the Kithships grants you access to one of the Fragments, along with a decoration containing said fragments that you can use in your Orbiter.

This is framed as you helping the Lotus write the Codex entries for them. It also rewards you with event mods and parts for event weapons. Hacking them also spawns in kithship Guardforms to help you.

Fragments: Kithship Basics (Level 1)
Virtually nothing is known about the Kithships. The locations of their home base, (or bases?) their tech base, their culture, their population, their origins, the nature of their existence, all are unknown.

Kithships often communicate through a single androgynous representative, who never gives a name. They use non-gendered pronouns to refer to themselves, and only name themselves as “The Kithship name,” in the same way a captain might say “this is the good ship Starpuncher.”*

Indeed, these ships are commonly associated with the disappearance of well-established Orokin derelicts such as the Litany, in addition to disappearances of Corpus and Grineer ships that were often chalked up to Tenno sabotage.

Admittedly, sometimes they were Tenno sabotage, but there are numerous cases of Tenno having sabotaged or exterminated the population of Corpus and Grineer ships, only for those ships to never be found - or, sometimes, to be discovered looking for all the world like they’d been eaten by gigantic mouths.

* Did you write this, Haruka? ~Ginebra.
Pffft. Yeah. ~Haruka Lorne

Fragments: Kithship Myths (level 2)
Myths of kithships date back to well before the Tenno wakening.

Indeed, the Kithships were thought to be mythical until the Narmer War. Spacers beyond even far-off Pluto - Myconan expeditions to Eris, Grineer mining and garrison forces on far-off Sedna, and Corpus from the ill-fated Lucretia Platform - often referenced black ghost ships flitting from asteroid to Kibo, stripping them of resources. In the seediest taverns on asteroid and lunar installations as close as Uranus and Neptune, rockhoppers, scavengers, rail agents, along with Steel Meridian freebooters would reference the “blacker-than-black,” or “old-yellow eyes,” a phenomenon where one would see something blot out the stars, and the vague sensation of a great angular shape, lit only by specks of dull yellow. This would typically be accompanied by massive distortion in a ship’s sensor suites.

The more superstitious and fearful varyingly determined them to be lost Sentients, aliens, Void leviathans flittering into this reality, or Orokin remnants.

Still others, on the fringes of even those fringes of society, confessed to bartering Orokin tech with the kithships for various objets’ d’art and advanced nanotechnology.

Kithship Technology (3)
Most kithship technology of note - projectile weapons, armor, ship hulls - is based in a kind of archaic non-biological nanotechnology. Every inch of a kithship’s nano-substrate acts similar to a cell of a human body or the chloroplast of a plant - it absorbs cosmic radiation to provide the body with energy, and it’s capable of limited self heal.

It’s prized among survivors of the Narmer War that ingratiated themselves to the Kithships. It adds extra power, it rarely needs repairs, and it’s very durable.

While Sentient nanomaterials are far more adaptable and versatile, kithship nano-substrate - referred to in their records as scrith - is nonetheless a curiosity to what few Sentients survive in the Origin System.

I recall that Hunhow and Erra were particularly interested in acquiring it - acquiring the Kithships - but they never outright explained why. Ballas referred to it as “abominable technology from before our glorious dawn,” though I’ve found records of Orokin using similar nanomachines towards the tail end of the Old War. I was there as we… they… tried to capture a kithship.

It configured a weapon of some kind and fired it into the Murex’s engines. It was bizarre - it didn’t impale the Murex, not exactly - it bonded with them. Imagine if you had a speargun, and instead of penetrating an enemy it took up root in there like a tree.

Much Kithship weaponry is like that, and indeed, much of their projectile weaponry acts on similar principles.

Both Sentient and Kithship technology have the strange ability to take over each other. Their guardforms can be puppeteered by Amalgams of Alad’s design, but they were able to take over one of Narmer’s condrixes.

Kithships Reveal Themselves (4)

During the Battle of Veil Proxima, numerous ships from the Alliance reported unknown black ships harassing Sentient Murexes, firing upon them with munitions that seemed to be mutagenic to the Sentient substrate, creating bizarre spiraling growths and deep rents in their carapaces. These were observed to have a great similarity to sarcomas.

Bizarre enough, but as the surviving un-Veiled population of the Origin System fled to Veil Proxima and the Far Black, sightings of the kithships skyrocketed exponentially. Three things became clear about them:

1. They hoarded resources for no discernible purposes.
  2. They guarded their technology with great intensity.
  3. They really, really wanted to keep as far from the Sentients and Narmer as possible.

Equally bizarre, both Dziewanna and the Bidanians confessed to having stable trade relationships with the kithships.

To this day, the kithships jealously guard their secrets from all including the Tenno, save for during Operation Kithship Exodus.

The question of what they are building with their resources remains unknown.

The Origins of the Kithships:(5)

Kithships are distinct in that they do not appear to have crew in the traditional sense, with no bridges and few real amenities.

The closest thing to one would be a room in the exact center of the kithships labeled “Bunks.” This contains cryo-tubes full of sleeping humanoids.

These humanoids are heavily wired into the tubes, and bear signs of massive surgical alteration, in addition to signs of cloning and heavy genetic re-engineering. They do not possess navels, and the heads of each humanoid seem to have another lobe. The rest of the body is, correspondingly, rebuilt to handle the extra weight, with hunched posture and a thick, reinforced spine.

Each body, rather predictably, is laden with nanomachines and various connective ports.

Kithships Themselves (6)

(Narrated by Kithship Captain: they have an affect somewhat like that of the spokesbeing of the Arbiters of Hexis. Their speech is rather garbled but understandable, but sometimes switches into being borderline incomprehensible at points.)

Tenno.

We knew you would figure out our secrets. We came to the consensus this was worthwhile in our goal:

We aim to escape the Origin System. To leave this squabbling place behind. Perhaps in time some will give up their unity, perhaps we will find ourselves divided.

But as it is now, for generations to come, this system is a hell. Decaying clones and an empire that has recreated the worst of the days before the Orokin squabble over infinitesimal fragments of the cruelest regime in human history. Infestation roams the corridors of derelicts and turns people and machines into engines that exist to consume and destroy. Hungry things flit in the rents the Orokin left in the very fabric of space and time.

We only wish to escape. To be free of it all. And what, then, would we do if we stayed? We would be entangled. We would become weapons, lab rats, prizes to be won.

It was after the Grineer killed our state that we realized we would have to do this. We fled the ruins of Iapetus in our last ships, using our nanites to interface with it.

And soon, families became crew. Ships became homes. We linked ourselves into our ships until all four of these were one and the same. We were once the Kraton of Iapetus, but we have become something more.

We are crew, family, homeland, and ship alike.

And we cannot stay here.
Please. Help us escape from this inhuman place of once-human monsters.

Rewards
Orokin catalyst
Forma
Kithship decorations for the Orbiter, Camp, Dormizone, etc
Arcanes from Lua Survival or Mirror Defense
Kithship themed weapons -
Object 1235U (SMG)
Spoiler

Object 1235U (name subject to change) SMG/shotgun

“This bizarre nano-weapon shoots slowed heavy projectiles designed for close quarters against organic targets. Landing shots on organic targets within its optimal range triggers a substantiation operation that causes an explosion of nanites, while the ammunition fragments into a shotgunlike spray outside of said range.. Or when bouncing on hard surfaces.”
--Codex

Special Traits: No self-stagger

object_1235u_shotgun_smg_by_fluffywolf36

Lore

This firearm from the Kithships - massive, angular black ships found in Veil Proxima and the Far Black, rarely venturing past Saturn - was brought to the attention of the Tenno by one Darvo Bek.

It bears a resemblance to the nanomunition weapons of the long-dead Kraton of Iapetus.

Both use solid-state impeller coils to fire rounds made of nanomachine colonies. Object 1235u, however, fires slower, larger-caliber rounds that split into five shrapnel-like projectiles after traveling 24 meters. Upon impact with organic targets within its optimal range, Object 1235u’s rounds propagate and release a radial swarm of nanomachines, creating an effect not dissimilar to a gas damage explosion. 

Additionally, it bears a striking resemblance to the mysterious Object 45-i-98.

The result is a weapon not dissimilar to an SMG or shotgun. It operates at similar ranges to both, and while the stopping power does not seem to degrade as quickly as that of an SMG or automatic shotgun, the massive spread after 24 meters pushes it firmly into this role.

This appears to be a safety measure designed to restrict collateral damage while indoors. The shrapnel deals minimal impact damage to sensitive technology. However, it displays a surprising ability to wreak havoc on Corpus machines, suggesting that the nano-shrapnel possesses some kind of onboard IFF.

This level of technology would be remarkable even in the time of the Orokin, but the kithships - whoever, or whatever they are - are rather cagey about communicating with the Tenno for anything but the barest necessities.

Virtually nothing is known about the Kithships. The locations of their home base, (or bases?) their tech base, their culture, their population, their origins, the nature of their existence, all are unknown. 

Kithships often communicate through a single androgynous representative, who never gives a name. They use non-gendered pronouns to refer to themselves, and only name themselves as “The Kithship name,” in the same way a captain might say “this is the good ship Starpuncher*.”

Indeed, the Kithships were thought to be mythical until the Narmer War. Spacers beyond even far-off Pluto - Myconan expeditions to Eris, Grineer mining and garrison forces on far-off Sedna, and Corpus from the ill-fated Lucretia Platform - often referenced black ghost ships flitting from asteroid to Kibo**, stripping them of resources. In the seediest taverns on asteroid and lunar installations as close as Uranus and Neptune, rockhoppers, scavengers, rail agents, along with Steel Meridian freebooters would reference the “blacker-than-black,” or “old-yellow eyes,” a phenomenon where one would see something blot out the stars, and the vague sensation of a great angular shape, lit only by specks of dull yellow.

Indeed, these ships are commonly associated with the disappearance of well-established Orokin derelicts such as the Litany, in addition to disappearances of Corpus and Grineer ships that were often chalked up to Tenno sabotage.

Admittedly, sometimes they were Tenno sabotage, but there are numerous cases of Tenno having sabotaged or exterminated the population of Corpus and Grineer ships, only for those ships to never be found - or, sometimes, to be discovered looking for all the world like they’d been eaten by gigantic mouths.

And then the Narmer War happened.

During the Battle of Veil Proxima, numerous ships from the Alliance reported unknown black ships harassing Sentient Murexes, firing upon them with munitions that seemed to be mutagenic to the Sentient substrate, creating bizarre spiraling growths and deep rents in their carapaces.

Bizarre enough, but as the surviving un-Veiled population of the Origin System fled to Veil Proxima and the Far Black, sightings of the kithships skyrocketed exponentially. Three things became clear about them: 

3. They really, really wanted to keep as far from the Technocyte, Sentients and Narmer as possible.

Equally bizarre, both Dziewanna and the Bidanians confessed to having stable trade relationships with the kithships. 

To this day, the kithships jealously guard their secrets from all including the Tenno, save for during Operation Kithship Exodus.

See the attached file on Operation Kithship Exodus for more details.

Footnotes

* Did you write this, Haruka? –Ginebra

And I’ll do it again. ~Haruka

** This is a corruption of the ancient term ‘Kuiper Belt Object’ - the Kuiper Belt is an archaic name for Veil Proxima and the Far Black. ~Haruka Lorne

Stats

Utility:

Type: Rifle

Trigger: Auto

Ammo Type: Primary

Fire rate: 5.25

Noise: Alarming

Magazine: 45

Reload: 3.5

Auto impact:

Total Damage: 84

14 Impact

30 Puncture

40 Slash

Ammo Cost: 1

Critical Chance: 24%

Critical Multiplier: 2.1x

Fire Rate: 5.25

Multishot: 1

Range: 24m

Status Chance: 32%

Auto AoE

Damage: 48 gas 

Self stagger: none 

Range: 1.5m

Falloff: 80% damage at 1.5m

Type: AoE

Shrapnel

Damage: 28 

20 Slash

8 puncture

Multishot: 5

Status Chance: 20%

Falloff: 

100% damage up to 20m (44m total)

40% damage at 30m (54m total)

Artist Notes:

I took the basic silhouette for this from some Destiny concept art.

Also yeah. This was a bit of a weird one. I wasn’t a hundred sure what I would do with this gun for a long time, and then I was thinking about Bucky’s altfire in Valorant, and I thought “okay, that’s pretty dope.” And also, making a projectile that splits midway through its trajectory seemed just Borderlands enough to work, so I added that in here.

And yes, I am making a shotgun based on this.

I think it seemed like an interesting way to cement that this is an SMG with falloff, or at least something falloff-like (?). The explosion was… honestly? I’m not a hundred percent sure. It seemed interesting enough, and I also patterned a lot of the stats here after the Trumna. 

Also, full disclosure - there’s a lot of stuff about this I’m playing close to my chest about the lore here. I have a lot of interesting things I want to write about the Kithships for a fanmade event idea, and I’m a little suspicious that I wrote too much here.

Object 45-i-98 (Shotgun)
Spoiler

?? ‘Object 45-I-98’ Shotgun

_object_45_i_98__plasmoid_shotgun_by_har

“Anti-shield [PLACEHOLDER: SHOTGUN] uses magnetic fields to fire a burst of phasic projectiles that cause explosive subatomic fusion upon breaking a shield. Origin unknown. All attempts at disassembly have failed. Object 45-I-98 was discovered [ERROR]. [ERROR]”

Codex

Error.

Defaulting to first record of-

Reestablishing…

Retrieving Record 45-I-98...

Tenno Haruka Lorne (Fluffywolf36): “So, we’ll be in close quarters for this one on a new-model Anyo Corp Battleplate. Yassin will be running fire support with his Prisma Gorgon, and I brought my special Sobek. Yassin, what did you pack?

Tenno Yassin: “Read ‘em and weep, boys.”

Tenno Ginebra: “Oh damn. What is that?”

Fluffywolf36: “Never seen anything like that…”

Tenno Thane: “…Okay. What is that.”

Yassin: “Honestly? I was hoping one of you could tell me. I was out with Vinge and some SIF fighters, clearing ghouls in the Navar Cannon batteries on the Ridge, and I just…. found this in a Grineer storage room. It was a mess. They had Iapetan pottery from the Quorum Era end-to-end with Riddhan furs, and a pile of rust that would’ve been from some Iapetan resistance movement before the Orokin, and a pile of rust that I think used to be an Elysium. I found this between a Tenebrae and a Tiberon from Martialis Armory. Vinge said I could take what I wanted, so…”

Ginebra: “So that’s why your Railjack has so much pottery on it.”

Fluffywolf 36: “Was there any information on it?”

Yassin: “Not a word.”

Fluffywolf36: “Grineer archeologists? Huh. I’ve broken into their files on the plains, and they are…”

Thane: “Mournful. Their records are mournful. You think the treasure hunters from the Plutonian academies are bad, Grineer are worse in every way. It’s like using a machete to butter your khachapuri. It will go wrong.”

Fluffywolf36: “We’ll ask for Vinge’s help tracing it later. Will it be good against Corpus?”

(Yassin smirks)

Yassin: Oh, I think after you see it, it’s really going to blow up.

[OPERATION COMPLETED]

[COMPILING…]

[RETRIEVING TENNO ALLIANCE RESEARCH DIVISION NOTES

STATEMENT: Dr. Loos Kanageyan

PHD, Snidge University

Kronia Relay Archaeo-Tech Recovery Laboratories]

Report 020200602 Object 45-I-98: 

Log begins. As the Saturn system is a site of former Orokin industry and trade, Kronia Relay’s Recovery Labs are in a unique position to recover the Origin System’s lost history. I’m grateful beyond measure to Vinge and other SIF members for taking Iapetus, [DATA CORRUPTED] benevolent kidnappers who are definitely not forcing me to write this at gunpoint-

-That was a joke, Atlan! You know I love you and Haruka. She and Thane always bring the best artifacts. 

Seriously, most Corpus don’t live long enough to retire. No, that’s not aimed at you or any other Tenno. Signing up for a position of any worth is basically consenting to have some niner attempting a gunpoint promotion, or a suit on a power trip making you choose between short-term profit and the truth. Also at gunpoint. Or being dragged off to the Riddhan ruins to find the Treasure of Karishh, as some Tenno chases you at gunpoint, all while the other two are also holding you at gunpoint. All of which have happened to me. The Relay doctors said I was at risk for a massive, once-in-a-generation coronary because of the sheer stress.

But anyway. I’m grateful beyond measure to my benevolent kidnappers because now I can finally examine archeological sites without being forced at gunpoint to turn a profit.

However, sometimes we get mystery items like Object 45-I-98. It’s not often that we find artifacts that are not just Orokin, but untraceable. But it does happen. 

We’ve designated it Object 45-I–98. This.. shotgunlike? I guess it’s a shotgun, anyway, but it was designed by parties unknown with the express intent of breaking shields. It fires a spread of eight energy spheres similar to plasmoids, which explode on impact with any surface. Each one radiates energy around them - think of them as kind of like tiny Plasmor projectiles.

It appears to fire in two-round burst - the first shot fires four spheres, while the second fires the remaining four. Upon breaking a shield, these spheres violently explode, dealing magnetic damage. It's damn near useless against "serious" armor like on the Grineer, but whoever built this really didn’t like Corpus. You reload it kind of like a Tigris - you break it open, then place the magazine directly inside. The magazines are meant to be easily built at any foundry.

Typically, these are acquired by Tenno in bits and pieces. Upon attaching the barrel to the heat sink, they nanomechanically bond and become inseparable. Examination of these parts has proven fruitless - many of them explode upon attempts at disassembly. These have some commonality with Orokin prime weapon parts and reports exist of a similar anti-shield Sentient weapon,but it’s very clearly not from either faction.

The aesthetic - these angles and planes - suggest another faction or group with advanced technology. We can’t find any similar techniques, and only Dziewanan weaponry and Vos Armaments weaponry similarly use magnetic fields. The projectiles, the creation of something that specifically detonates shields… My first guess was Dziewana, but there’s a number of things about that which don’t make sense.

1. Their weapons are usually made to superheat or irradiate. 45-I-98 was meant to disrupt shields and cause an immediate reaction.

2. Safety mechanisms - Dziewanan weapons fundamentally have the bare minimum of safety mechanisms, for the sake of efficiency and effectiveness, while 45-I-98 has a much more robust cooling system. It won’t overheat or burn you through your lightsuit.

3. Building Techniques - While this does seem like something the Dzies would do, their Foundries - or Fabricators in the local dialect - print them in sheets for easy assembly, resulting in their peculiar slab-sided, brutalist look. Examples of 45-I-98, however, are not. This appears to have been built as a scaffolding around a power core of some kind. It’s possible this has a common ancestor with their weapons, but so many techniques are different. 

4. Anti-Tampering Mechanisms - Dziewannan soldiers have a specially-made multitool keyed to Dziewannan genetic markers and [REDACTED] used for disassembly. Upon disassembling a weapon without this, the weapon overheats and melts its sensitive components into slag. Going off what Gazrov said, equipping their soldiers with weapons that could be exploded any time was too unsafe. But whoever built this… no, they had no such compunctions.

5. Age - Dziewanan weapons are relatively new, dating back to the tail end of the Second Expansion Era. But we carbon-dated it to [DATA CORRUPTED]

This latter point places it it in just the right window for one of the Thaw Cultures that arose before the Unification Eras.

A fascinating period of time, the Thaw Cultures. While many cultures such as the Ostrons and Corpus refer to the loss of the Orokin as a tragedy, there are just as many such as  the Arbiters of Hexis, some Ganymedean cultures, the Grineer, Iapetans, and especially Bidanian Theists,  who celebrate their fall.  In fact, the term comes from the Theists. Bidanian Theists were so persecuted and tormented by the Orokin that they fled past Pluto to the tiny asteroid of Bidan, and they refer to the Orokin Era as the Long Winter. And so they compare the era of settlement, freedom, and rediscovery predating the Grineer and Corpus to spring. Thus, Thaw Cultures.

The Thaw Cultures, often isolated from former trading partners, developed their own tech bases. Assuming they survived. Many examples of esoteric weapons such as the baan or yarritusk survive from this era, and it’s a pleasure to find another one because so little information exists. So many of the Thaw cultures are lost to the march of Corpus or Grineer - the early Corpus were extremely bad at recording accounts of the cultures they bought and spent. Even now, the SIF academics forming Iapetus University have discovered a Thaw Culture that predates the Ring Coalition the Grineer destroyed.

I’d be content for this to be a relic of a lost Thaw culture, even if I hadn’t found any other examples of it. It’d be just another mystery in the Origin System. But there’s one flaw with this theory: the parts Tenno seem brand new. And their discovery coincides with Tenno Yassin discovering it in the Iapetus Ridge fortifications.

Where are they coming from? Are the creators somewhere out there? 

Dr. Kanageyan, 

Tenno Alliance.

ADDENDUM:
 the Codex file we’ve written on it keeps getting data corruption events. Fine, we’re using millennia-old technology we don’t know how to reproduce. But the Lotus and Tenno have access to some of the best computational equipment in the systems. But [DATA CORRUPTED] five times as often [DATA CORRUPTED] statistical average. Griza has been [DATA CORRUPTED]

(O̶H̶ ̶C̶O̶M̶E̶ ̶O̶N̶)

...some kind of anti-informational technology, like a smaller-scale Scrambler. I don’t know if I believe that, as this technology seems far outside the realm of possibility, but I’ve had too many issues archiving this to press my luck. Thankfully, Archivist Yondan Simmis is in the process of transcribing it using pen and paper. I’m HOPING no technology exists that can be that effective, otherwise - knowing the Orokin - it would’ve killed all of us, destroyed the written word, and given us all brain damage.

...they couldn’t do that, right?

Dr. Kanageyan.

STATS
Ammo: Shotgun
Trigger: Burst
Fire Rate: 3
Magazine Size: 10
Reload Time: 2.2s

Normal Attacks
Total Damage: 260(x2)
Radiation: 124
Impact: 86
Slash: 50
Pellets: 4
Burst Count: 2
Critical Chance: 15%
Critical Multiplier: 2.0x
Status Chance: 30%

Area Attacks
Total Damage: 300 Magnetic
Critical Chance: 16%
Critical Multipler: 3.0x
Status Chance: 48%
Blast Radius: 4.0m

Artist Notes

Object 45-I-98 is so mysterious that even I have no idea who made it. 

Mardin of Chatzuk was a massive inspiration on this - there’s quite a few Exotics he’s written up on his blog that make light of how profoundly inexplicable they are, such as the writeup on the Eon Drive. This paragraph sticks out to me:

“The hell you mean, ‘couldn’t say’?”
“I mean I couldn’t say where it came from if I wanted to… Oh, here it is.”
“What the hell does that mean? Thing fell out a Vex portal into your garage?”
“Maybe not far from the truth… but no. I found it in storage on Mars.”
“Up around those Clovis Bray parts what opened up?”
“Yep.”
“I thought BrayTech stuff was supposed to be real slick.”
“This ain’t BrayTech.”
“Oh no? Then what the hell is it?”
“Buddy, when I have a damn idea what the hell it is, I’ll make sure you’re the first to know.”

I wanted to make a weapon that wasn’t just a mystery, but was inexplicable. Something so bizarre, so divorced from Warframe’s aesthetics, that even I had no idea who made it. The Thaw Cultures, if you’re wondering, are a reference to the Spring Cultures from Mortal Engines, a catchall term for the cultures that arose after the apocalyptic devastation of the Sixty Minute War.

We don’t know much about them. Same for Warframe’s non-Grineer and non-Corpus cultures - for a long time, these were only vaguely hinted at. I’m told some of us didn’t even know that cultures beside those two even existed back during the Gradivus Dilemma. To this day, Warframe has still made missteps at that. We know the Mycona exist, we know the Solaris and Ostrons exist, and we know that there’s plenty of colonies out there trying to keep out of the way of the main plot, but overall Warframe’s universe has had trouble establishing that other people live in it - or even what life in the Corpus is like.

...Though to be fair, the latest Nightwave has been making strides towards that. I’ve had some issues, but overall I still feel like this is the best Nightwave. At least it’s interactive. At least I get to see the journal of some random guy.

The Thaw Cultures are a way to continue that and further establish that yes, other people live in the Origin System.

The shield-exploding gimmick came from how lasers apparently cause shields to explode in Dune (A major influence on Warframe). This would probably be more useful in, say, Borderlands, but it’d be unique, niche, and fun, so why not.

Object 4595V (shotgun)

Spoiler

Object 459-SG Shotgun

Fires the same ammunition as object 1235U - just larger, slower, and semiauto-only.

Rounds explode into a shotgun like spray after traveling 18 meters. Charging the trigger increases velocity and range, and headshots before this weapon explodes fire a shotgunlike spray towards nearby enemies.”

Codex

Special traits

Regenerates ammo while holstered.

Headshots before the projectile splits fire a shotgunlike spray towards nearby enemies.

One In The Breach: reloading with at least one round in the magazine increases mag size by 1.

Charge to increase range by 100% (that’s 36m)

object_459_sg_shotgun_by_fluffywolf36_dg

Lore

This weapon was, first and foremost, designed for survival in the most hostile locations of the Origin System. From the badlands at the furthest edges of Orokin terraforming towers, to volcanic moons, to the feral wilderness of Old Earth, even Old War-era Orokin and Sentient installations run by auto-security gone amok, Object 1235U is a reliable pick.

The only downside is that if the nanomachines start failing, for whatever reason, a Grineer or Tenno ballistic firearm might be more reliable. However, neither of these weapons reload themselves while stowed, or manufacture their own ammunition.

During Operation Kithship Exodus, this shotgun is given as payment by the Kith - or Kithship, whichever - for saving one of their ships from Corpus or Grineer salvagers. This weapon launches similar ammunition to Object 1235U, its sibling design.

However, it’s larger, heavier, slower and explodes into a cloud of nanites within a shorter distance. Thankfully, the explosion does not have self-stagger, and the nanites have no effect on an authorized wielder. In addition,  it can also be charged for longer range. It also boasts an integral smart link that interacts with a wielder’s optical suite, increasing zoom and allowing a wielder to judge the perfect distance for maximum damage.

This is referred to among Kithship guardforms, and Kithship “contractors” such as the Tenno and the Arbiters of Hexis, as “Dead Center.” At the right distance, a Tenno with good aim can catch a target in the explosion, and the spray of buckshot that the projectile splits and becomes.

Of course, if a Tenno - that’s you, Haruka* - has a near obsessive tendency to aim for the head, headshots with this weapon before the projectile splits ricochet the buckshot towards nearby enemies.

This weapon has a particularly unique reload. It regenerates its reserve ammo, and - upon reload - prints its own ammunition.  The magazine is like a “conventional” shotgun of the Origin System in that it’s a tube (well, it’s Hexagon shaped) above the barrel**. Where it differs, however, is that the block of nanomaterial is pushed into the receiver, and then converted into ammunition.

When reloading, the “tube” swings out to to the side, like on a revolver, and the weapon prints ammunition with nanomachines and various devices that are profoundly difficult to describe. Various parts slide back and forth over the magazine area.

When holstered, it does this automatically, ensuring that any wielder has a full mag whenever they unholster.

Tenno Notes

* huehuehuehue. ~Haruka Lorne

** why do so many of them have the tube above the barrel, anyway? I’ve seen old pump-actions in museum; they seem much simpler. ~Thane

Executor Pauzu threatened me with the Jade Light if I did that. I only got away with that for the Poyang by saying it was a grenade launcher. Then she trapped me in a Vulkodlak for unrelated reasons. ~Haruka

What the fok. ~Ginebra

It’s cool. I ate them after cutting their face off and using a Bolto to nail it to the Vulkodlak’s head upside down. ~Haruka

THAT JUST RAISES FURTHER QUESTIONS! ~Yassin

Hey, there’s some pleasures in immortal life you can’t put a price on. Eating someone alive while wearing their own face is one of them. ~Haruka Lorne

Animation Notes

The Tenno holds it at an angle to show the ammo printing off to the player.

Stats

Utility:

Trigger: Charge 

Fire rate: 3

Noise: Alarming

Magazine: 8+1

Reload: 3

Semi impact:

Total Damage: 120

60 Puncture

36 Slash

24 Impact

Critical Chance: 18%

Critical Multiplier: 2.4x

Range: 18m

Status Chance: 39%

Auto AoE

Damage: 150 

84 gas

66 Slash

Range: 2m

Falloff: 80% damage at 2m

Shrapnel

Damage: 35 

20 Slash

8 puncture

7 Gas

Multishot: 8

Status Chance: 14.62%

Falloff: 

100% damage up to 20m (38m total)

40% damage at 30m (48m total)

Artist Notes

I was scared this could brick my computer.

Anyway. This one was inspired by a lot of things - the magazine on top was inspired in part by how the magazine of the IMR from Call of Duty Advanced Warfare reminded me more of a shotgun tube mag than an assault rifle magazine. The print “animation” (it’s not really animated) is inspired by Faust’s pistol from Lawbreakers. Which, for all its faults… that is a cool reload animation. Not gonna lie. I’m not actually sure there’s any real advantage to having a gun print its own ammo, but I worked very hard  and I figured this’d look really cool.

The basic idea for the projectile originally came from Borderlands. Borderlands has… a few weapons (the Sawbar, the Lyuda) that deal max damage at a certain range due to the projectile splitting. There’s no way to control this, it just… does.

It seemed like an interesting way to govern falloff, to reinforce that it’s a shorter-range gun. And it seemed natural to put it on a shotgun.

Object  5638-Echo (Heavy Pistol)

Spoiler

“This weapon - a rough analogue to the Tenno Bolto - fires quills made of nano-colonies that explode three times upon hitting an enemy. If you hit the floor or a wall, they bounce up to three times, exploding each time.”

untitled_nanite_pistol_by_fluffywolf36_d

Notes: Inspired by the Malorian Arms 3516 - basically, it’s “If Hyperion made Johnny Silverhand’s gun.” Originally, this had the perks of the other pistol I came up with, because i thought it was  funny to trick AoE gun users into bringing a single-target pistol. And partly because putting this on an AoE gun when people who only have like 7 rounds in their Zarr or whatever just seemed like it was doing too much.

I wasn't statting this whole thing. I just felt wrong about only including three guns.

Object 4865W (Machine Pistol)

Spoiler
“This weapon fires short bursts of nanites in a manner similar to a water cutter, dealing high puncture damage. Charge it up for extra damage!

Kills with this weapon have increased resource drop chance, along with increased chance to drop health pickups and Primary Ammo. Shooting within a small radius of health pickups or resources returns them to the player.“

untitled_nanite_pistol_2_by_fluffywolf36
Notes: This is kind of a placeholder - originally this went with the last one, but I decided that giving an AoE secondary these abilities was a bad idea. The basic silhouette comes from a cut weapon from Halo Infinite. I’m not actually sure if it’ll have an overcharge if I eventually color and stat this, because this was entirely based around the idea of this weapon being a survival tool to get you more resources, ammo, and health.

This was conceived as a backup pistol specifically meant for those that use AoE weaponry with anemic ammo reserves. However, it’s also intended to be a single-target gun, because I thought it was funny to trick AoE gun users into bringing a single-target machine pistol.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Operation: Kithship Exodus

“Tenno. We’ve received a transmission from… someone, out in the Kuiper Belt. I don’t know who, which is unusual in itself. Darvo says they’re trustworthy, however.”

~Lotus

“Tenno! So, I made a… questionable deal with some very scary… people… from the Far Black. They call themselves the Kithships. Now, don’t worry, they’re very reasonable. All I had to do was volunteer you for a job on a weird derelict out there. The payment is some of their rare resources and blueprints - essentially, whatever they approve.

And all you have to do is kill Corpus or Narmer. Whatever’s on this kithship derelict, those two want it. They didn’t tell me more, but I think that’s reason enough to take the job.

Now, they’re not threatening me. It’s just. Ah. You’ll know when you talk to them. I’m sending you a data package now - it’s got precepts for your Sentinels, coordinates, you name it.”
Darvo

Starting the Event:

This mission starts by Darvo sending the aforementioned transmission. You’re sent to a relay, or at least something patterned after a “generic” tenno Dojo where the builders haven’t gone crazy by painting it.

At Darvo’s back is a massive window, showing a giant RING GATE glowing from the center. Small black shapes flitter to and fro.

Darvo: “My favorite customer! It’s been too long.”

Dialogue Options:
“What is this place?”
“What do you need?”
Leave”
“Check wares”

Drifter/Operator: What is this place?
Darvo: “During the Narmer War, lots of Tenno moved their dojos out to the Far Black. Didn’t think the things could move so fast! And they left it to me.”
Drifter/Operator: “Please tell me you didn’t steal it…”
Darvo: *looks downcast*
Darvo: (solemnly) “they didn’t need it anymore.”
*pause*
Darvo: I feel like I could really make this place something special. Lease it out to some friends, grease the right palms ..."

Drifter/Operator: What do you need?
Darvo: “Well, it’s not so much what I need as… look. I made a deal with… something. They’re not the Board, they’re not a void creature - no offense - they’re, ah… I don’t know what they are. They just call themselves kithships.
Drifter/Operator: “What’s a kithship?”
Darvo: “Good question! I have no idea.They’re these big, just… just massive ships that eat resources like a half-starved Kubrow. But here’s the thing: I’ve barely ever seen anyone get off the ship. Everyone that does looks the same, and they… the Kithships have this representative. You can’t tell anything about them. But, well, I made a deal with them and it’s time to uphold my end.”

Drifter/Operator:
“What was the deal?”
“What do you need, though?”

Drifter/Operator: “What was the deal?”
Darvo: “Simple, really - they gave me shelter and a very, very well-appointed dormizone on one of the upper concourses. In return, I give them resources.”

Drifter/Operator: “What do you need, though?”
Darvo: “Well, it’s a pretty standard job for you. Except for the kithships. Anyway, there’s this Kithship derelict that’s right where some of the worst people in the Origin System can find it. They’re paying me, to pay you, to make sure that nobody gets their grubby hands on it.

Event Mechanics
This event works… pretty much as you’d expect. There’s Standing, which you gain by doing various missions. You also have to contribute various resources - Kithship and Orokin - to gain standing, which gives you your choice of a reward upon ranking up. These rewards can include forma, orokin catalysts, weapon blueprints and parts, and Arcanes for people who hate Mirror Defense with a passion and refuse to grind it any longer than they have to. Which is understandable, really.

Each mission also requires a railjack to get to the derelict - or other objectives.

Completing random challenges throughout the mission - headshot x enemies, deal melee damage, hack various terminals, go x amount of seconds without receiving damage, go x amount of seconds using melee - will spawn in Kithship Guardforms. It’s genuinely difficult to tell if the guardforms are robots or people, but they do speak with human voices unlike the Kithship captain(s?).

The primary enemies for this one are Corpus… and Narmer “Invasion forces” that sometimes veil the Corpus in addition to afflicting them with Amalgam mutations from Alad V’s Amalgams, adding to the general sense of chaos here.

Characters

Allied:

Darvo:
Darvo serves as mission control (of a sort…) in the sense that he’s directing your actions, and translating for the kithships. He also serves as the vendor for this, selling you various rewards for mission standing.

quotes:

1. “Tenno. I don’t know where a lot of you were during the Narmer War, but… it was bad out there. Any open-eye or barehead - that’s all of us that didn’t get veiled - rushed to the frontiers of that new empire. I still remember that first day you… that first day we failed. Out on this collapsing rustbucket of a station that looked older than the Orokin, staring out into Veil Proxima. And I cried, Tenno.”
  2. “There’s a whole lot of empty space out in Veil Proxima, and precious few places to call home. For awhile, we thought that maybe we’d be okay. That maybe we could last against Narmer. It didn’t last. People out here like Bidanians and Oeizu, they really struggle to grow food, to get enough. People respected a man that could get things for them, like a little kubuchi. But the problem was, you couldn’t grease a veilhead’s palms the way you could the Corpus or even Grineer.

So there I was, in a tractor limping along with one engine left, when the Kithships found me. They’d help my network get people the goods in exchange for a cut of any building materials retrieved. Trembera Essence, Forma, Orokin Cells, Bapholite, you name it.”

1. “Gotta say. I’ve gotten a taste for the kind of freedom that’s opened up after we punched Narmer’s faces off.”

The Kithship Captain:
The Kithship Captain serves as mission control alongside Darvo, explaining objectives and anything the Lotus wouldn't know.

They wear a gold-chased Pyramid Head-like mask (imagine Corpus + pyramid head) that seems just slightly too small to fit a human head, and speak in subtitled but nigh-unintelligible static, with a few words - the kithship name, the faction name - remaining understandable. Not entirely unlike the Board from Control.

Quotes:
<This is the kithship Atalanta - your objectives are clear. Prevent our fallen sibling/family/cousin from being eaten/deconstructed/understood by the Corpus.>
<This is the Kithship Epimetheus. We appreciate the job/burial you’re doing, Tenno>
<The Sentients/Builders are like us, in so many ways. This Narmer/Sentients… they must not be allowed our tech/bodies/souls.>
<This is the Kithship Albian. We have conferred that whatever happens to us when the Sentients/Flayed/Constructors reach their tendrils into us, even our fallen sibling/bodies, we don’t want to find out.>
<We want to leave, of course. You have come from an age of gold/blood, you’ve seen the fruits of your labors/culling/justice. We do not judge. But there are armies/things/[indecipherable [̴̬́h̵̨̕̕o̷͕̬͊r̶̰̳̅̊r̶̥̘̞̉́ǐ̵̩̝̚b̴̻̫̓͗l̵̦͎̈́͛̈́è̴͎͙͘ ̵͙̙̄̔͑d̸̗̹͓̾i̴̳͓̔͌̕ͅa̸̲̜̽̈́ľ̵̫-̵̛̭̀̕ǘ̴̳̈p̸̲͍͛̄̎ ̸̢́̆̎n̷̜͚̒͘͝ò̴̡͈̋̃͜ī̷̱͕̚s̷͍̍̍̔e̶͔̩͛]̸̞͉̓̆͊ here. Things beyond just the Cloned Plague, in the black between planets, in the spaces between spaces. Hungry things. Indifferent things.>

Kithship Guardforms:
These kithship… allies… have similar Pyramid Head-like masks as the captain, just with less gold chasing. Their skin - what little of it we see - is an unhealthy-looking gray-white.

(Encountering Narmer) “They can’t be allowed out of here.”
“For exodus!”

Hostile:

Corpus:
Vala Glarios:
Vala is overseeing the Corpus army that seeks to control the Kithship technology. Because all of us - ain’t that right, @Teoarrk - know that Nef has done too much.
Quotes:
“What do you bring to the system, Tenno? More chaos? We bring order. The most flourishing civilization to arise in the wake of the Orokin.”
(Tenno response: You’re little better. You’re another empire that sees humans as raw material.”)
“Tenno. Would you really deny Parvos his chance to save the system?”
“The Origin System dies a little bit every day, and these… things… hold hostage technology that could make so many people!”

Cora Yeng
One of the Sisters of Parvos serving under Vala. She permakilled her Tenno.

Narmer:
Kubri Jenaidus:
Jenaidus is one of Narmer’s most devoted acolytes, as he wears no veil. He does wear a headpiece resembling one, which nonetheless reveals his eyes.
Quotes:
A device to bring us to Sacred Tau, to save those chosen among our race.”

“I wore no Veil. I was a child in the vents of a Solaris work-camp so pathetic, so unimportant it had no name. And I chose to liberate us. The Corpus had used us as but more raw materials, and I would not have it. They thought to veil me, but they simply… forgot. I was rewarded by Ballas himself. Perhaps some of what he told me was untrue… but it was true enough. Are his lies bad enough that they don’t justify the only peace in the Origin system for millennia? He achieved in mere years what you failed. Or perhaps never even tried.”

“For the first time, I… the Origin System had something. It had peace. Respect. I helped command an empire. I made people safe, and you and your Lotus destroyed that. But, in my kindness… I will take their gate. Your death is not a priority, but I won’t be sad.”

“These disciples of a false god mean nothing to me. I’ll bring them into Brother Ballas’ light soon enough.”

“They say I override people’s wills? What about these Corpus? They told me as a child I could be anything, and treated me like something cheaper than a proxy and twice as replaceable. I am enlightening them.”

“These usurpers. These pretenders towards the Sentient form, who refused my offer! They are allowed to escape to Tau while we faithful who nurtured the Origin System suffer here, amongst debased zealots and things that were once human! We shall strip the gate from them by whatever force necessary!”

Mission types:
These missions take place on either the Kithship railjack map or, Ring map, and can feature either a Kithship, the Ring, or a regular old Corpus ship.

The Ring is a massive (under construction, anyway…) structure that occupies much of the map, and typically hosts Autoclave Survival or Defense missions. The Kithships are using this as a warp gate or something like that (it might just be a really big gun that shoots Kithships at high speed, I don’t know) for unknown reasons.

Autoclave Survival:
Has a railjack component involving fighting your way to the Kithship Derelict.

The lowest-tier but easiest to accomplish. Rewards the least for a single rotation, but has an endless bonus.

A unique type of Survival mission taking place on the Kithship Derelict. In this mission type, the current attacking faction places a hacking device at various locations on the map, meant to hack in to the Kithships and steal data.

The Tenno have to form a perimeter around the device and defend various moltecoils being used to destroy it.

If the device succeeds, the Kithships will autoclave off that entire tile, turning off life support. In this way, it acts as sort of a Reverse Defense mission - it’s the enemies defending something, and you have to attack them and continually put pressure on the device.

Any Tenno stuck inside after autoclaving is completed is flung back into Archwing Space, and so they have to find their way back into the Derelict - either waiting for the Kithships to create an opening in the Derelict, or getting into the Railjack and slingshotting themselves back in.

In short: the more you fail the mission, the harder it becomes to continue. This also discourages turtling, forcing the team to move around the map.

Kithship Defense:
Also has a railjack component involving flying to the derelict.

It’s also the size of a large Interception Mission tile.

Also an endless mission. This acts a little like Mirror Defense but more tolerable - There’s an objective to defend, but various Kithship Nodes spawn all over the tile. These require Tenno to hack and defend them, and doing so decreases the length of the wave, thus increasing the rewards.

Volatile:
Can be on either a Corpus or Kithship Tile - the basic idea is to blow up the ship, scuttling it.

Orphix:
Kill a Narmer Orphix that’s taken up residence in a Kithship Derelict.

Fragments:

Various Kithship Cogitator Nodes are scattered all over the various tiles of the Kithships… in addition to any railjack tiles you use. These are large and glowing, not entirely unlike decree fragments.

Scanning one of these at the behest of the Lotus will trigger a short Defense segment as you download the information into one of your Sentinels.

Because there’s a non-zero chance you might not be on the same ship or the same area of the map, gaining one of these gives a scan to the entire team.

Ranking up with the Kithships grants you access to one of the Fragments, along with a decoration containing said fragments that you can use in your Orbiter.

This is framed as you helping the Lotus write the Codex entries for them. It also rewards you with event mods and parts for event weapons. Hacking them also spawns in kithship Guardforms to help you.

Fragments: Kithship Basics (Level 1)

Kithships often communicate through a single androgynous representative, who never gives a name. They use non-gendered pronouns to refer to themselves, and only name themselves as “The Kithship name,” in the same way a captain might say “this is the good ship Starpuncher.”*

* Did you write this, Haruka? ~Ginebra.
Pffft. Yeah. ~Haruka Lorne

Fragments: Kithship Myths (level 2)
Myths of kithships date back to well before the Tenno wakening.

Indeed, the Kithships were thought to be mythical until the Narmer War. Spacers beyond even far-off Pluto - Myconan expeditions to Eris, Grineer mining and garrison forces on far-off Sedna, and Corpus from the ill-fated Lucretia Platform - often referenced black ghost ships flitting from asteroid to Kibo, stripping them of resources. In the seediest taverns on asteroid and lunar installations as close as Uranus and Neptune, rockhoppers, scavengers, rail agents, along with Steel Meridian freebooters would reference the “blacker-than-black,” or “old-yellow eyes,” a phenomenon where one would see something blot out the stars, and the vague sensation of a great angular shape, lit only by specks of dull yellow. This would typically be accompanied by massive distortion in a ship’s sensor suites.

The more superstitious and fearful varyingly determined them to be lost Sentients, aliens, Void leviathans flittering into this reality, or Orokin remnants.

Still others, on the fringes of even those fringes of society, confessed to bartering Orokin tech with the kithships for various objets’ d’art and advanced nanotechnology.

Kithship Technology (3)
Most kithship technology of note - projectile weapons, armor, ship hulls - is based in a kind of archaic non-biological nanotechnology. Every inch of a kithship’s nano-substrate acts similar to a cell of a human body or the chloroplast of a plant - it absorbs cosmic radiation to provide the body with energy, and it’s capable of limited self heal.

It’s prized among survivors of the Narmer War that ingratiated themselves to the Kithships. It adds extra power, it rarely needs repairs, and it’s very durable.

While Sentient nanomaterials are far more adaptable and versatile, kithship nano-substrate - referred to in their records as scrith - is nonetheless a curiosity to what few Sentients survive in the Origin System.

I recall that Hunhow and Erra were particularly interested in acquiring it - acquiring the Kithships - but they never outright explained why. Ballas referred to it as “abominable technology from before our glorious dawn,” though I’ve found records of Orokin using similar nanomachines towards the tail end of the Old War. I was there as we… they… tried to capture a kithship.

It configured a weapon of some kind and fired it into the Murex’s engines. It was bizarre - it didn’t impale the Murex, not exactly - it bonded with them. Imagine if you had a speargun, and instead of penetrating an enemy it took up root in there like a tree.

Much Kithship weaponry is like that, and indeed, much of their projectile weaponry acts on similar principles.

Both Sentient and Kithship technology have the strange ability to take over each other. Their guardforms can be puppeteered by Amalgams of Alad’s design, but they were able to take over one of Narmer’s condrixes.

Kithships Reveal Themselves (4)

During the Battle of Veil Proxima, numerous ships from the Alliance reported unknown black ships harassing Sentient Murexes, firing upon them with munitions that seemed to be mutagenic to the Sentient substrate, creating bizarre spiraling growths and deep rents in their carapaces. These were observed to have a great similarity to sarcomas.

3. They really, really wanted to keep as far from the Sentients and Narmer as possible.

To this day, the kithships jealously guard their secrets from all including the Tenno, save for during Operation Kithship Exodus.

The question of what they are building with their resources remains unknown.

The Origins of the Kithships:(5)

Kithships are distinct in that they do not appear to have crew in the traditional sense, with no bridges and few real amenities.

The closest thing to one would be a room in the exact center of the kithships labeled “Bunks.” This contains cryo-tubes full of sleeping humanoids.

These humanoids are heavily wired into the tubes, and bear signs of massive surgical alteration, in addition to signs of cloning and heavy genetic re-engineering. They do not possess navels, and the heads of each humanoid seem to have another lobe. The rest of the body is, correspondingly, rebuilt to handle the extra weight, with hunched posture and a thick, reinforced spine.

Each body, rather predictably, is laden with nanomachines and various connective ports.

Kithships Themselves (6)

(Narrated by Kithship Captain: they have an affect somewhat like that of the spokesbeing of the Arbiters of Hexis. Their speech is rather garbled but understandable, but sometimes switches into being borderline incomprehensible at points.)

Tenno.

We knew you would figure out our secrets. We came to the consensus this was worthwhile in our goal:

We aim to escape the Origin System. To leave this squabbling place behind. Perhaps in time some will give up their unity, perhaps we will find ourselves divided.

But as it is now, for generations to come, this system is a hell. Decaying clones and an empire that has recreated the worst of the days before the Orokin squabble over infinitesimal fragments of the cruelest regime in human history. Infestation roams the corridors of derelicts and turns people and machines into engines that exist to consume and destroy. Hungry things flit in the rents the Orokin left in the very fabric of space and time.

We only wish to escape. To be free of it all. And what, then, would we do if we stayed? We would be entangled. We would become weapons, lab rats, prizes to be won.

It was after the Grineer killed our state that we realized we would have to do this. We fled the ruins of Iapetus in our last ships, using our nanites to interface with it.

And soon, families became crew. Ships became homes. We linked ourselves into our ships until all four of these were one and the same. We were once the Kraton of Iapetus, but we have become something more.

We are crew, family, homeland, and ship alike.

And we cannot stay here.
Please. Help us escape from this inhuman place of once-human monsters.

Rewards
Orokin catalyst
Forma
Kithship decorations for the Orbiter, Camp, Dormizone, etc
Arcanes from Lua Survival or Mirror Defense
Kithship themed weapons -
Object 1235U (SMG)
  Reveal hidden contents

Object 1235U (name subject to change) SMG/shotgun

“This bizarre nano-weapon shoots slowed heavy projectiles designed for close quarters against organic targets. Landing shots on organic targets within its optimal range triggers a substantiation operation that causes an explosion of nanites, while the ammunition fragments into a shotgunlike spray outside of said range.. Or when bouncing on hard surfaces.”
--Codex

Special Traits: No self-stagger

object_1235u_shotgun_smg_by_fluffywolf36

Lore

This firearm from the Kithships - massive, angular black ships found in Veil Proxima and the Far Black, rarely venturing past Saturn - was brought to the attention of the Tenno by one Darvo Bek.

It bears a resemblance to the nanomunition weapons of the long-dead Kraton of Iapetus.

Both use solid-state impeller coils to fire rounds made of nanomachine colonies. Object 1235u, however, fires slower, larger-caliber rounds that split into five shrapnel-like projectiles after traveling 24 meters. Upon impact with organic targets within its optimal range, Object 1235u’s rounds propagate and release a radial swarm of nanomachines, creating an effect not dissimilar to a gas damage explosion. 

Additionally, it bears a striking resemblance to the mysterious Object 45-i-98.

The result is a weapon not dissimilar to an SMG or shotgun. It operates at similar ranges to both, and while the stopping power does not seem to degrade as quickly as that of an SMG or automatic shotgun, the massive spread after 24 meters pushes it firmly into this role.

This appears to be a safety measure designed to restrict collateral damage while indoors. The shrapnel deals minimal impact damage to sensitive technology. However, it displays a surprising ability to wreak havoc on Corpus machines, suggesting that the nano-shrapnel possesses some kind of onboard IFF.

This level of technology would be remarkable even in the time of the Orokin, but the kithships - whoever, or whatever they are - are rather cagey about communicating with the Tenno for anything but the barest necessities.

Kithships often communicate through a single androgynous representative, who never gives a name. They use non-gendered pronouns to refer to themselves, and only name themselves as “The Kithship name,” in the same way a captain might say “this is the good ship Starpuncher*.”

Indeed, the Kithships were thought to be mythical until the Narmer War. Spacers beyond even far-off Pluto - Myconan expeditions to Eris, Grineer mining and garrison forces on far-off Sedna, and Corpus from the ill-fated Lucretia Platform - often referenced black ghost ships flitting from asteroid to Kibo**, stripping them of resources. In the seediest taverns on asteroid and lunar installations as close as Uranus and Neptune, rockhoppers, scavengers, rail agents, along with Steel Meridian freebooters would reference the “blacker-than-black,” or “old-yellow eyes,” a phenomenon where one would see something blot out the stars, and the vague sensation of a great angular shape, lit only by specks of dull yellow.

And then the Narmer War happened.

During the Battle of Veil Proxima, numerous ships from the Alliance reported unknown black ships harassing Sentient Murexes, firing upon them with munitions that seemed to be mutagenic to the Sentient substrate, creating bizarre spiraling growths and deep rents in their carapaces.

3. They really, really wanted to keep as far from the Technocyte, Sentients and Narmer as possible.

To this day, the kithships jealously guard their secrets from all including the Tenno, save for during Operation Kithship Exodus.

See the attached file on Operation Kithship Exodus for more details.

Footnotes

* Did you write this, Haruka? –Ginebra

And I’ll do it again. ~Haruka

** This is a corruption of the ancient term ‘Kuiper Belt Object’ - the Kuiper Belt is an archaic name for Veil Proxima and the Far Black. ~Haruka Lorne

Stats

Utility:

Trigger: Auto

Fire rate: 5.25

Noise: Alarming

Magazine: 45

Reload: 3.5

Auto impact:

Total Damage: 84

14 Impact

30 Puncture

40 Slash

Range: 24m

Auto AoE

Damage: 48 gas 

Range: 1.5m

Falloff: 80% damage at 1.5m

Shrapnel

Damage: 28 

20 Slash

8 puncture

Multishot: 5

Status Chance: 20%

Falloff: 

100% damage up to 20m (44m total)

40% damage at 30m (54m total)

Artist Notes:

I took the basic silhouette for this from some Destiny concept art.

Also yeah. This was a bit of a weird one. I wasn’t a hundred sure what I would do with this gun for a long time, and then I was thinking about Bucky’s altfire in Valorant, and I thought “okay, that’s pretty dope.” And also, making a projectile that splits midway through its trajectory seemed just Borderlands enough to work, so I added that in here.

And yes, I am making a shotgun based on this.

I think it seemed like an interesting way to cement that this is an SMG with falloff, or at least something falloff-like (?). The explosion was… honestly? I’m not a hundred percent sure. It seemed interesting enough, and I also patterned a lot of the stats here after the Trumna. 

Also, full disclosure - there’s a lot of stuff about this I’m playing close to my chest about the lore here. I have a lot of interesting things I want to write about the Kithships for a fanmade event idea, and I’m a little suspicious that I wrote too much here.

Object 45-i-98 (Shotgun)
  Reveal hidden contents

?? ‘Object 45-I-98’ Shotgun

_object_45_i_98__plasmoid_shotgun_by_har

“Anti-shield [PLACEHOLDER: SHOTGUN] uses magnetic fields to fire a burst of phasic projectiles that cause explosive subatomic fusion upon breaking a shield. Origin unknown. All attempts at disassembly have failed. Object 45-I-98 was discovered [ERROR]. [ERROR]”

Codex

Error.

Defaulting to first record of-

Reestablishing…

Retrieving Record 45-I-98...

Tenno Haruka Lorne (Fluffywolf36): “So, we’ll be in close quarters for this one on a new-model Anyo Corp Battleplate. Yassin will be running fire support with his Prisma Gorgon, and I brought my special Sobek. Yassin, what did you pack?

Tenno Yassin: “Read ‘em and weep, boys.”

Tenno Ginebra: “Oh damn. What is that?”

Fluffywolf36: “Never seen anything like that…”

Tenno Thane: “…Okay. What is that.”

Yassin: “Honestly? I was hoping one of you could tell me. I was out with Vinge and some SIF fighters, clearing ghouls in the Navar Cannon batteries on the Ridge, and I just…. found this in a Grineer storage room. It was a mess. They had Iapetan pottery from the Quorum Era end-to-end with Riddhan furs, and a pile of rust that would’ve been from some Iapetan resistance movement before the Orokin, and a pile of rust that I think used to be an Elysium. I found this between a Tenebrae and a Tiberon from Martialis Armory. Vinge said I could take what I wanted, so…”

Ginebra: “So that’s why your Railjack has so much pottery on it.”

Fluffywolf 36: “Was there any information on it?”

Yassin: “Not a word.”

Fluffywolf36: “Grineer archeologists? Huh. I’ve broken into their files on the plains, and they are…”

Thane: “Mournful. Their records are mournful. You think the treasure hunters from the Plutonian academies are bad, Grineer are worse in every way. It’s like using a machete to butter your khachapuri. It will go wrong.”

Fluffywolf36: “We’ll ask for Vinge’s help tracing it later. Will it be good against Corpus?”

(Yassin smirks)

Yassin: Oh, I think after you see it, it’s really going to blow up.

[OPERATION COMPLETED]

[COMPILING…]

[RETRIEVING TENNO ALLIANCE RESEARCH DIVISION NOTES

STATEMENT: Dr. Loos Kanageyan

PHD, Snidge University

Kronia Relay Archaeo-Tech Recovery Laboratories]

Report 020200602 Object 45-I-98: 

Log begins. As the Saturn system is a site of former Orokin industry and trade, Kronia Relay’s Recovery Labs are in a unique position to recover the Origin System’s lost history. I’m grateful beyond measure to Vinge and other SIF members for taking Iapetus, [DATA CORRUPTED] benevolent kidnappers who are definitely not forcing me to write this at gunpoint-

-That was a joke, Atlan! You know I love you and Haruka. She and Thane always bring the best artifacts. 

Seriously, most Corpus don’t live long enough to retire. No, that’s not aimed at you or any other Tenno. Signing up for a position of any worth is basically consenting to have some niner attempting a gunpoint promotion, or a suit on a power trip making you choose between short-term profit and the truth. Also at gunpoint. Or being dragged off to the Riddhan ruins to find the Treasure of Karishh, as some Tenno chases you at gunpoint, all while the other two are also holding you at gunpoint. All of which have happened to me. The Relay doctors said I was at risk for a massive, once-in-a-generation coronary because of the sheer stress.

But anyway. I’m grateful beyond measure to my benevolent kidnappers because now I can finally examine archeological sites without being forced at gunpoint to turn a profit.

However, sometimes we get mystery items like Object 45-I-98. It’s not often that we find artifacts that are not just Orokin, but untraceable. But it does happen. 

We’ve designated it Object 45-I–98. This.. shotgunlike? I guess it’s a shotgun, anyway, but it was designed by parties unknown with the express intent of breaking shields. It fires a spread of eight energy spheres similar to plasmoids, which explode on impact with any surface. Each one radiates energy around them - think of them as kind of like tiny Plasmor projectiles.

It appears to fire in two-round burst - the first shot fires four spheres, while the second fires the remaining four. Upon breaking a shield, these spheres violently explode, dealing magnetic damage. It's damn near useless against "serious" armor like on the Grineer, but whoever built this really didn’t like Corpus. You reload it kind of like a Tigris - you break it open, then place the magazine directly inside. The magazines are meant to be easily built at any foundry.

Typically, these are acquired by Tenno in bits and pieces. Upon attaching the barrel to the heat sink, they nanomechanically bond and become inseparable. Examination of these parts has proven fruitless - many of them explode upon attempts at disassembly. These have some commonality with Orokin prime weapon parts and reports exist of a similar anti-shield Sentient weapon,but it’s very clearly not from either faction.

The aesthetic - these angles and planes - suggest another faction or group with advanced technology. We can’t find any similar techniques, and only Dziewanan weaponry and Vos Armaments weaponry similarly use magnetic fields. The projectiles, the creation of something that specifically detonates shields… My first guess was Dziewana, but there’s a number of things about that which don’t make sense.

1. Their weapons are usually made to superheat or irradiate. 45-I-98 was meant to disrupt shields and cause an immediate reaction.

2. Safety mechanisms - Dziewanan weapons fundamentally have the bare minimum of safety mechanisms, for the sake of efficiency and effectiveness, while 45-I-98 has a much more robust cooling system. It won’t overheat or burn you through your lightsuit.

3. Building Techniques - While this does seem like something the Dzies would do, their Foundries - or Fabricators in the local dialect - print them in sheets for easy assembly, resulting in their peculiar slab-sided, brutalist look. Examples of 45-I-98, however, are not. This appears to have been built as a scaffolding around a power core of some kind. It’s possible this has a common ancestor with their weapons, but so many techniques are different. 

4. Anti-Tampering Mechanisms - Dziewannan soldiers have a specially-made multitool keyed to Dziewannan genetic markers and [REDACTED] used for disassembly. Upon disassembling a weapon without this, the weapon overheats and melts its sensitive components into slag. Going off what Gazrov said, equipping their soldiers with weapons that could be exploded any time was too unsafe. But whoever built this… no, they had no such compunctions.

5. Age - Dziewanan weapons are relatively new, dating back to the tail end of the Second Expansion Era. But we carbon-dated it to [DATA CORRUPTED]

This latter point places it it in just the right window for one of the Thaw Cultures that arose before the Unification Eras.

A fascinating period of time, the Thaw Cultures. While many cultures such as the Ostrons and Corpus refer to the loss of the Orokin as a tragedy, there are just as many such as  the Arbiters of Hexis, some Ganymedean cultures, the Grineer, Iapetans, and especially Bidanian Theists,  who celebrate their fall.  In fact, the term comes from the Theists. Bidanian Theists were so persecuted and tormented by the Orokin that they fled past Pluto to the tiny asteroid of Bidan, and they refer to the Orokin Era as the Long Winter. And so they compare the era of settlement, freedom, and rediscovery predating the Grineer and Corpus to spring. Thus, Thaw Cultures.

The Thaw Cultures, often isolated from former trading partners, developed their own tech bases. Assuming they survived. Many examples of esoteric weapons such as the baan or yarritusk survive from this era, and it’s a pleasure to find another one because so little information exists. So many of the Thaw cultures are lost to the march of Corpus or Grineer - the early Corpus were extremely bad at recording accounts of the cultures they bought and spent. Even now, the SIF academics forming Iapetus University have discovered a Thaw Culture that predates the Ring Coalition the Grineer destroyed.

I’d be content for this to be a relic of a lost Thaw culture, even if I hadn’t found any other examples of it. It’d be just another mystery in the Origin System. But there’s one flaw with this theory: the parts Tenno seem brand new. And their discovery coincides with Tenno Yassin discovering it in the Iapetus Ridge fortifications.

Where are they coming from? Are the creators somewhere out there? 

Dr. Kanageyan, 

Tenno Alliance.

ADDENDUM:
 the Codex file we’ve written on it keeps getting data corruption events. Fine, we’re using millennia-old technology we don’t know how to reproduce. But the Lotus and Tenno have access to some of the best computational equipment in the systems. But [DATA CORRUPTED] five times as often [DATA CORRUPTED] statistical average. Griza has been [DATA CORRUPTED]

(O̶H̶ ̶C̶O̶M̶E̶ ̶O̶N̶)

...some kind of anti-informational technology, like a smaller-scale Scrambler. I don’t know if I believe that, as this technology seems far outside the realm of possibility, but I’ve had too many issues archiving this to press my luck. Thankfully, Archivist Yondan Simmis is in the process of transcribing it using pen and paper. I’m HOPING no technology exists that can be that effective, otherwise - knowing the Orokin - it would’ve killed all of us, destroyed the written word, and given us all brain damage.

...they couldn’t do that, right?

Dr. Kanageyan.

STATS
Ammo: Shotgun
Trigger: Burst
Magazine Size: 10
Reload Time: 2.2s

Normal Attacks
Total Damage: 260(x2)
Radiation: 124
Impact: 86
Slash: 50
Pellets: 4
Burst Count: 2
Critical Chance: 15%
Critical Multiplier: 2.0x
Status Chance: 30%

Area Attacks
Total Damage: 300 Magnetic
Critical Chance: 16%
Critical Multipler: 3.0x
Status Chance: 48%
Blast Radius: 4.0m

Artist Notes

Object 45-I-98 is so mysterious that even I have no idea who made it. 

Mardin of Chatzuk was a massive inspiration on this - there’s quite a few Exotics he’s written up on his blog that make light of how profoundly inexplicable they are, such as the writeup on the Eon Drive. This paragraph sticks out to me:

“The hell you mean, ‘couldn’t say’?”
“I mean I couldn’t say where it came from if I wanted to… Oh, here it is.”
“What the hell does that mean? Thing fell out a Vex portal into your garage?”
“Maybe not far from the truth… but no. I found it in storage on Mars.”
“Up around those Clovis Bray parts what opened up?”
“Yep.”
“I thought BrayTech stuff was supposed to be real slick.”
“This ain’t BrayTech.”
“Oh no? Then what the hell is it?”
“Buddy, when I have a damn idea what the hell it is, I’ll make sure you’re the first to know.”

I wanted to make a weapon that wasn’t just a mystery, but was inexplicable. Something so bizarre, so divorced from Warframe’s aesthetics, that even I had no idea who made it. The Thaw Cultures, if you’re wondering, are a reference to the Spring Cultures from Mortal Engines, a catchall term for the cultures that arose after the apocalyptic devastation of the Sixty Minute War.

We don’t know much about them. Same for Warframe’s non-Grineer and non-Corpus cultures - for a long time, these were only vaguely hinted at. I’m told some of us didn’t even know that cultures beside those two even existed back during the Gradivus Dilemma. To this day, Warframe has still made missteps at that. We know the Mycona exist, we know the Solaris and Ostrons exist, and we know that there’s plenty of colonies out there trying to keep out of the way of the main plot, but overall Warframe’s universe has had trouble establishing that other people live in it - or even what life in the Corpus is like.

...Though to be fair, the latest Nightwave has been making strides towards that. I’ve had some issues, but overall I still feel like this is the best Nightwave. At least it’s interactive. At least I get to see the journal of some random guy.

The Thaw Cultures are a way to continue that and further establish that yes, other people live in the Origin System.

The shield-exploding gimmick came from how lasers apparently cause shields to explode in Dune (A major influence on Warframe). This would probably be more useful in, say, Borderlands, but it’d be unique, niche, and fun, so why not.

Object 4595V (shotgun)

Reveal hidden contents

Object 459-SG Shotgun

Fires the same ammunition as object 1235U - just larger, slower, and semiauto-only.

Rounds explode into a shotgun like spray after traveling 18 meters. Charging the trigger increases velocity and range, and headshots before this weapon explodes fire a shotgunlike spray towards nearby enemies.”

Codex

Special traits

Regenerates ammo while holstered.

Headshots before the projectile splits fire a shotgunlike spray towards nearby enemies.

One In The Breach: reloading with at least one round in the magazine increases mag size by 1.

Charge to increase range by 100% (that’s 36m)

Lore

This weapon was, first and foremost, designed for survival in the most hostile locations of the Origin System. From the badlands at the furthest edges of Orokin terraforming towers, to volcanic moons, to the feral wilderness of Old Earth, even Old War-era Orokin and Sentient installations run by auto-security gone amok, Object 1235U is a reliable pick.

The only downside is that if the nanomachines start failing, for whatever reason, a Grineer or Tenno ballistic firearm might be more reliable. However, neither of these weapons reload themselves while stowed, or manufacture their own ammunition.

During Operation Kithship Exodus, this shotgun is given as payment by the Kith - or Kithship, whichever - for saving one of their ships from Corpus or Grineer salvagers. This weapon launches similar ammunition to Object 1235U, its sibling design.

However, it’s larger, heavier, slower and explodes into a cloud of nanites within a shorter distance. Thankfully, the explosion does not have self-stagger, and the nanites have no effect on an authorized wielder. In addition,  it can also be charged for longer range. It also boasts an integral smart link that interacts with a wielder’s optical suite, increasing zoom and allowing a wielder to judge the perfect distance for maximum damage.

This is referred to among Kithship guardforms, and Kithship “contractors” such as the Tenno and the Arbiters of Hexis, as “Dead Center.” At the right distance, a Tenno with good aim can catch a target in the explosion, and the spray of buckshot that the projectile splits and becomes.

Of course, if a Tenno - that’s you, Haruka* - has a near obsessive tendency to aim for the head, headshots with this weapon before the projectile splits ricochet the buckshot towards nearby enemies.

This weapon has a particularly unique reload. It regenerates its reserve ammo, and - upon reload - prints its own ammunition.  The magazine is like a “conventional” shotgun of the Origin System in that it’s a tube (well, it’s Hexagon shaped) above the barrel**. Where it differs, however, is that the block of nanomaterial is pushed into the receiver, and then converted into ammunition.

When reloading, the “tube” swings out to to the side, like on a revolver, and the weapon prints ammunition with nanomachines and various devices that are profoundly difficult to describe. Various parts slide back and forth over the magazine area.

When holstered, it does this automatically, ensuring that any wielder has a full mag whenever they unholster.

Tenno Notes

* huehuehuehue. ~Haruka Lorne

** why do so many of them have the tube above the barrel, anyway? I’ve seen old pump-actions in museum; they seem much simpler. ~Thane

Executor Pauzu threatened me with the Jade Light if I did that. I only got away with that for the Poyang by saying it was a grenade launcher. Then she trapped me in a Vulkodlak for unrelated reasons. ~Haruka

What the fok. ~Ginebra

It’s cool. I ate them after cutting their face off and using a Bolto to nail it to the Vulkodlak’s head upside down. ~Haruka

THAT JUST RAISES FURTHER QUESTIONS! ~Yassin

Hey, there’s some pleasures in immortal life you can’t put a price on. Eating someone alive while wearing their own face is one of them. ~Haruka Lorne

Animation Notes

The Tenno holds it at an angle to show the ammo printing off to the player.

Stats

Utility:

Trigger: Charge 

Fire rate: 3

Noise: Alarming

Magazine: 8+1

Reload: 3

Semi impact:

Total Damage: 120

60 Puncture

36 Slash

24 Impact

Range: 18m

Auto AoE

Damage: 150 

84 gas

66 Slash

Range: 2m

Falloff: 80% damage at 2m

Shrapnel

Damage: 35 

20 Slash

8 puncture

7 Gas

Multishot: 8

Status Chance: 14.62%

Falloff: 

100% damage up to 20m (38m total)

40% damage at 30m (48m total)

Artist Notes

I was scared this could brick my computer.

Anyway. This one was inspired by a lot of things - the magazine on top was inspired in part by how the magazine of the IMR from Call of Duty Advanced Warfare reminded me more of a shotgun tube mag than an assault rifle magazine. The print “animation” (it’s not really animated) is inspired by Faust’s pistol from Lawbreakers. Which, for all its faults… that is a cool reload animation. Not gonna lie. I’m not actually sure there’s any real advantage to having a gun print its own ammo, but I worked very hard  and I figured this’d look really cool.

The basic idea for the projectile originally came from Borderlands. Borderlands has… a few weapons (the Sawbar, the Lyuda) that deal max damage at a certain range due to the projectile splitting. There’s no way to control this, it just… does.

It seemed like an interesting way to govern falloff, to reinforce that it’s a shorter-range gun. And it seemed natural to put it on a shotgun.

Object  5638-Echo (Heavy Pistol)

Reveal hidden contents

“This weapon - a rough analogue to the Tenno Bolto - fires quills made of nano-colonies that explode three times upon hitting an enemy. If you hit the floor or a wall, they bounce up to three times, exploding each time.”

untitled_nanite_pistol_by_fluffywolf36_d

Notes: Inspired by the Malorian Arms 3516 - basically, it’s “If Hyperion made Johnny Silverhand’s gun.” Originally, this had the perks of the other pistol I came up with, because i thought it was  funny to trick AoE gun users into bringing a single-target pistol. And partly because putting this on an AoE gun when people who only have like 7 rounds in their Zarr or whatever just seemed like it was doing too much.

I wasn't statting this whole thing. I just felt wrong about only including three guns.

Object 4865W (Machine Pistol)

Reveal hidden contents
“This weapon fires short bursts of nanites in a manner similar to a water cutter, dealing high puncture damage. Charge it up for extra damage!

Kills with this weapon have increased resource drop chance, along with increased chance to drop health pickups and Primary Ammo. Shooting within a small radius of health pickups or resources returns them to the player.“

untitled_nanite_pistol_2_by_fluffywolf36
Notes: This is kind of a placeholder - originally this went with the last one, but I decided that giving an AoE secondary these abilities was a bad idea. The basic silhouette comes from a cut weapon from Halo Infinite. I’m not actually sure if it’ll have an overcharge if I eventually color and stat this, because this was entirely based around the idea of this weapon being a survival tool to get you more resources, ammo, and health.

This was conceived as a backup pistol specifically meant for those that use AoE weaponry with anemic ammo reserves. However, it’s also intended to be a single-target gun, because I thought it was funny to trick AoE gun users into bringing a single-target machine pistol.

I like the lore for this and I think their goals are fair, espically considering that they just want to leave and not burn everything down and then leave like Ballas wanted to do.

20 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

I like the lore for this and I think their goals are fair, espically considering that they just want to leave and not burn everything down and then leave like Ballas wanted to do.

It felt like such a natural step lol.

like writing posthumans, or just incredibly HUGE sci-fi megastructures, and there was a very brief few seconds as I concepted them where I had to ask "What do I want? How do I justify this?"

And then I thought "Yeah, of course, that makes perfect sense. Why wouldn't you want to leave the Origin System, it's usually doomed!"

Also, there's a new shotgun in there.^~^

• Like 1

You know one thing I like about the WF forums as opposed to spacebattles? I can just post this:

giphy.gif

and the mods don't come down on me. Good stuff.

For real though, I'm interested. Even if I only stop by once in a blue moon, I'm probably one of the biggest fans of Deimos you'll find 

because, even if it has a lot of the busywork that DE has tamped down on, I don't mind. It's got absolutely perfect atmosphere, it has my favorite open-world intro quest (I'm judging Duviri by the standards of a cinematic quest. roll with it) because instead of feeling like an instruction manual on How To Duviri, it throws you into all this bizarre imagery first then explains things second. You're confronted with a landscape that makes little sense, surrounded by inexplicable... things... and resources and creatures you've never seen, and it's always atmosphere-first, answers second.

Plus, I just plain love the baroque aesthetic of so much Entrati technology. It's recognizably Orokin cause it does after all have gold trim and lots of angles while evoking a sense of antiquity, but the tall blocky and pointed shapes call to mind something older and clunkier. And I just plain love the guns*. The Siphon mode adds a lot of fun to coming up with an altfire, and the blockiness and slight 40k inspiration (I have homaged so much 40k with them. Lol.) gives me the freedom to add in a lot of crazy stuff.

Anyway.

If this is a hint that Deimos is will not be orphanware in the same way as WF's other two open-worlds, I am going to be very, very happy.

Sidenote, the part about Narmer being a constant presence, and Grineer breaking bread with Solaris is very, very interesting. I could exploit that. I should exploit that.

*(I know, I've been very subtle about it)

On 2022-07-12 at 11:38 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Entrati 'Catafalque' Double Gun

“ This weapon was created by Father Entrati and Haruka Lorne for Dax Jubal the Smiler, as a carbine version of the Sepulcrum. But, those two being who they were, it wasn’t that simple. In addition to being more balanced and portable than the Sepulcrum, it boasts in auto-burst trigger that automatically fires four-round bursts from its alternating recoiling barrels, saturating enemies with explosives. 

Alt fire puts the weapon in lock-on mode. Aim to lock onto multiple targets, then fire to unleash homing missiles.

entrati__catafalque__double_gun_by_fluff

Lore

A blend of Tenno and Entrati stylings. The Catafalque was rediscovered by Haruka Lorne and Father Entrati, both of whom consumed considerable amounts of entheogens while using Ayatans to recover their lost memories. 

It’s hard not to think they got something wrong in translation, which likely explains a lot about the behavior of this weapon.

It’s a bizarre automatic weapon taking up a possibly non-euclidean niche somewhere between an SMG, an LMG, a DMR, explosive weapons, and possibly shotguns. It automatically fires in four round bursts, (technically it fires two overlapping two-round bursts, but that’s not important) hammering into enemies with armor-piercing explosive rounds that do radial heat damage. 

The Catafalque is an excellent weapon in that it can be used for any situation requiring explosives, automatic weaponry, or crowd control. Its only shortcomings are its considerable recoil after the first burst, a long reload, and somewhat low projectile velocity compared to the average bullets of the Origin System - for example, a custom Quartakk from the Kuva Fortress deals less damage, but fires higher-velocity rounds at an incredibly fast rate. 

At the end of the day though - whichever day we’re talking.depending on planets or moons or even artificial cycles on asteroids - Nothing survives a four-round burst from this weapon entirely intact.

While it was originally custom designed for Dax Jubal, (one of the few Dax other than Mad Ori who enjoyed the use of firearms) it found a niche in the Orokin era as a compact, easy-to-aim weapon for use in close quarters.

In particular, it was used by various Entrati “cousins,” cadet branches, and kocho such as Uncle [REDACTED] to explore and harvest Infested Plague Stars - a catchall term for celestial bodies that have been (virtually) overtaken by technocytic growth. Not unlike the Plague Stars that fell upon the Plains of Eidolon, or the one that fell just outside the Orb Vallis near the entrance to Deck 12, creating the Draugr Strain of Infested - or the one that fell on Ceres, creating the Venenum Strain.

The most extreme example of the Origin System would be Deimos. Eris might be an example, though some Corpus facilities exist within the bounds of its frozen poles so it’s not a true example.

While these are seen as navigation hazards at best and existential threats to nearby settlements at worst, they were quite valued during Orokin times, seen as (sometimes literal) gold mines of valuable technocytic components synthesized together from organic material, metal, and machinery. 

…Nobody really liked talking about where the organic material came from, as it was definitely from native flora that the Orokin had geneforged, and definitely not from people who were definitely hopefully not conscious somewhere inside the infested cutaneum.

Of course when even this was too large for use indoors, the Tenno and Archimedean personnel would be issued high-caliber sidearms such as Vasto Primes, Lex Primes, Depezador Primes, and Estampidas. Or a Euphona.

Nowadays, it is also used to clear infestations of an entirely different sort - Corpus intent on stripping inhabited moons and asteroids under the guise of trade and cultural exchange, Grineer hellbent on destroying all that isn’t Grineer, and even Sentient fragments and Corrupted servitors still intent on fighting a war that’s been lost for countless millennia.

Against all odds, a few exist within Cetus’ armory under the watchful eye of Vikra Ohgun, for use against ‘feral’ Sentients such as Eidolons or remnants of the Second Sentient War.

This weapon’s blueprint is given as a reward at the end of the quest The Heart Still Beats. This would’ve come with that, but I also have gone nearly two weeks without posting and I don’t like that sort of thing.

Animation Notes:

The panels on the side of the magazine move to the side, and the magazine is drawn into place by various motors in the receiver. 

Both barrels recoil. There’s a non-zero chance you won’t be able to see this, but it does look cool.

Has a reciprocating charging handle

Comparisons: 

Quartakk:This still has better crit numbers and slightly faster DPS, and it’s better against single targets. At least while aimed. I really don’t care about its full-auto.

Nanocaust: That has better stats in pretty much every way… except magazine. This is auto burst though, so it has slightly better sustained damage.

STATS

Ammo Type: Rifle

Fire Rate: 4.32

Noise Level: Alarming

Magazine Size 80

Max Ammo: 240

Reload Time: 3.5

Primary Fire

Trigger: Auto Burst

Total Damage: 48

Impact: 9.6

Puncture: 26.9

Slash: 11.5

Accuracy 22.2

Burst Count: 4

Burst Delay: 0.2 s

Burst Rate 8

Fire Rate: 4.32

Crit Chance: 24%

Crit Multiplier 2.1x

Fire Rate: (redo)

Multishot 1 (48 damage per projectile)

Noise Level Alarming

Status Chance 32%

Projectile Speed 240 m/s

Projectile Type: Projectile

Radial Attack

Total Damage 46 Heat

Burst Count: 4

Crit Chance 24%

Crit Multiplier 2.1x

Damage Falloff

100% damage up to 0 m

80% damage at 2.0 m

20% max reduction

Fire Rate 3.67

Multishot 1 (46 damage per projectile)

Noise Level Alarming

Range 2.0 m

Projectile Type

AoE

Lock-On Mode

Total Damage 96 

Impact: 19.2

Puncture: 23

Slash: 53.8

Crit Chance 42%

Crit Multiplier 2.4x

Fire Rate: 1

Forced Procs: Impact

Multishot: 1 (96 damage per projectile)

Noise Level: Alarming

Status Chance: 42%

Projectile Speed: 60 m/s

Projectile Type Projectile

Lock-On Radial Attack

Total Damage 480 Heat

Crit Chance: 42%

Crit Multiplier: 2.4x

Damage Falloff

100% damage up to 0 m

80% damage at 3 m

20% max reduction

Fire Rate 1

Multishot 1 (480 damage per projectile)

Noise Level Alarming

Range 3 m

Status Chance 42%

Projectile Type AoE

Artist Notes:

In the early days of the thread,  one of my goals was to come up with stuff that I felt would fill untouched niches. Corpus shotguns and pistols, more Tenno revolvers, battle rifles, a rocket launcher, and my ideal grenade launcher.

This… is not one of them.

Honestly? I just wanted to import in something that felt like my Double Gun from Outriders.In addition to being a primary Sepulcrum. It’s also got more status to set it apart. There’s also some minor influence from the Calus’ Promise ornament in Destiny 2, as combined with a Storm Bolter.

Incidentally, I also owe the name of this weapon to China Mieville! His description of High Cromlech mentioned various catafalques, and as often happens when you read a China Mieville novel and wonder what the hell words like “concatenate” or “inveigle” or “puissant” mean (I’m not explaining it) I got to wondering. See, a catafalque is a decorated wooden framework supporting the coffin of a distinguished person during a funeral or while lying in state. With the Entrati naming scheme being what it is, this just… made sense.

(In hindsight, this would have made it funny if I made it an adaptation of the Trumna, but it’s too late and I like the word ‘catafalque’)

Entrati weapons are… extremely hard to draw. If any of you ask me to make one, I will ask for payment, because seriously, it’s hard to get these right. There’s a reason I copypaste in so many parts.

• Like 2

On 2023-08-25 at 3:36 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

You know one thing I like about the WF forums as opposed to spacebattles? I can just post this:

giphy.gif

and the mods don't come down on me. Good stuff.

For real though, I'm interested. Even if I only stop by once in a blue moon, I'm probably one of the biggest fans of Deimos you'll find 

because, even if it has a lot of the busywork that DE has tamped down on, I don't mind. It's got absolutely perfect atmosphere, it has my favorite open-world intro quest (I'm judging Duviri by the standards of a cinematic quest. roll with it) because instead of feeling like an instruction manual on How To Duviri, it throws you into all this bizarre imagery first then explains things second. You're confronted with a landscape that makes little sense, surrounded by inexplicable... things... and resources and creatures you've never seen, and it's always atmosphere-first, answers second.

Plus, I just plain love the baroque aesthetic of so much Entrati technology. It's recognizably Orokin cause it does after all have gold trim and lots of angles while evoking a sense of antiquity, but the tall blocky and pointed shapes call to mind something older and clunkier. And I just plain love the guns*. The Siphon mode adds a lot of fun to coming up with an altfire, and the blockiness and slight 40k inspiration (I have homaged so much 40k with them. Lol.) gives me the freedom to add in a lot of crazy stuff.

Anyway.

If this is a hint that Deimos is will not be orphanware in the same way as WF's other two open-worlds, I am going to be very, very happy.

Sidenote, the part about Narmer being a constant presence, and Grineer breaking bread with Solaris is very, very interesting. I could exploit that. I should exploit that.

Looks like you were right on the money with it being related to Demios.

8 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

Looks like you were right on the money with it being related to Demios.

The very ironic thing is that this comes not long after I considered revamping my earliest kalashnikov variant from this thread. Believe it or not, there's at least five. Six if I count the Somin. Seven if I count the Karak variant, but that's a little vague.

space_ak_by_fluffywolf36_dg702br-414w-2x

All that said...

DAMN (jam)

Hand to God, I thought I was being pranked when I saw that... very 90s pager in Loid's hand, and was thrown for a real loop when I realized I wasn't.

Right now, I don't know what to think. I've gone for a more Expanse-and-40k (well, it's 40k on the scale of The Expanse, anyway) styled backstory involving space exploration and scattered civilizations and colonies taken by the Orokin, in addition to toying with the idea of a Robot War predating the Sentients (I think I've decided against that because we already have the Sentients) but if this is WF's canonical backstory then so many things are in doubt.

20 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

The very ironic thing is that this comes not long after I considered revamping my earliest kalashnikov variant from this thread. Believe it or not, there's at least five. Six if I count the Somin. Seven if I count the Karak variant, but that's a little vague.

space_ak_by_fluffywolf36_dg702br-414w-2x

All that said...

DAMN (jam)

Hand to God, I thought I was being pranked when I saw that... very 90s pager in Loid's hand, and was thrown for a real loop when I realized I wasn't.

Right now, I don't know what to think. I've gone for a more Expanse-and-40k (well, it's 40k on the scale of The Expanse, anyway) styled backstory involving space exploration and scattered civilizations and colonies taken by the Orokin, in addition to toying with the idea of a Robot War predating the Sentients (I think I've decided against that because we already have the Sentients) but if this is WF's canonical backstory then so many things are in doubt.

Yea the Warframe 1999 threw me for a loop as well. It's either some sort or alternate timeline or travel into the past. Though it coule be niether of thoes as well. 

Reguardless of what it turns out to be I'm here for it!

Edited by Neo3602

Just now, Neo3602 said:

Yea the Warframe 1999 threw me for a loop as well. It's either some sort or alternate timeline or travel into the past. Though it coule be niether of thoes as well. 

It says a lot about the WF fandom that nobody seems to be taking this that literally. We're all used to the game throwing us curveballs lol

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

It says a lot about the WF fandom that nobody seems to be taking this that literally. We're all used to the game throwing us curveballs lol

Very true. One thing that interests me is that they mentioned that Warframe 1999 will be a bigger expansion than the 2 expansions coming out this year(whispers of the walls and abyss of dagath) and considering that whispers of the walls adds a new tileset, enemy faction, and hub I'm really interested to see what Warframe 1999 adds.

Some buffs before I post the next pistol:
1. Depezador Prime fire rate reduced to 2.75.
why: This is mostly to make it feel different from the Pandero, because it turns out they had the same fire rate.
2. Bellatrix Prime's fire rate reduced to 7. Damage buffed to 84.
why: Truthfully, it was always meant to operate in a pretty similar place to a pre-buff Akvasto Prime. But, well, that's nothing special in this space. Plus side, the high damage most of the "Handcannon-like" weapons in this game (Vasto/Akvasto Prime, Lex Prime)
3. Sivana explosion buffed
why: to make it competitive with the next pistol.

Tenno ‘Consiglia’ Semiauto Pistol

“More of a late-war Orokin pistol than a Tenno pistol, this weapon was designed for bodyguards of Orokin diplomats and functionaries in the mid-late Old War.”
Codex

Special Traits: 
Guaranteed electric procs on headshots

tenno__consiglia__semiauto_pistol_by_flu

Lore

Designed as a backup gun for Orokin-era diplomats and their bodyguards - Warframe, Dax, or even Grineer in particularly lean years, and filtering into the hands of solitary Tenno spies and operators. There were a few objectives the Consiglia had to fill:

1. It had to be big and intimidating

2. It had to serve as a primary weapon for those who couldn’t carry rifles.

3. It had to be relatively maneuverable.

4. It had to be effective against Corpus.

The Consigliere was born from this, “simplifying” Haruka Lorne’s* Veuglaire design by removing the toggle-lock mechanism and replacing it with a curving bolt that went down into the pistol grip. Attempts - of limited success- were made to make it slightly more compact, but these came to little success. It also boasts a revolver-like ventilator rib to reduce its high recoil.

Using advanced Orokin ammunition,  it deals guaranteed electric procs on headshots. This ammunition is also armor piercing and deals massive impact damage, making it an excellent choice against Corpus shields and Proxies - even ancient Proxies of back in Granum’s day, which skirted dangerously close to the Seven Precepts’ (and indeed, superstitions of peoples that the Corpus had incorporated) prohibitions on thinking machines.

Reception among Tenno and other users of firearms was… mixed. On the one hand, it boasted a higher caliber and fire rate than the standard Lato. It worked as a decent backup weapon for a Tenno armed with specialist weapons like bows, explosives, explosive bows, shotguns, or flamers, along with a high fire rate for its stopping power. It was accurate, reliable, and it was seen as a valuable tool for ensuring that negotiations with the Corpus went smoothly.

On the other hand, it had questionable ergonomics and recoil. The pistol grip was seen as cramped and uncomfortable, not helped by the bolt curving down into the grip.

As the first two shots from this pistol can be fired extremely quickly before recoil starts kicking in, this pistol is best used as a double-tap machine.

Among those the Orokin “negotiated” with, this earned the nickname of ‘The twinhammer.’

On the subject of those negotiations: the first Orokin diplomats were something of a laughingstock among all who encountered them. In fact, the pistol’s status as a non-Prime weapon can be (and was) considered a subtle insult. Perhaps it was, but - as the Orokin diplomat Vilem Will Xiang pointed out - it was designed in the same style as the ceremonial weapons found on the Zariman.

Diplomats such as Xiang, famed for his groundbreaking strategy of not rocketing up the escalation ladder, soon became a necessity in the wake of Sentient and Infested devastation of the ravaged outer colonies. In this era, where the Orokin no longer had unilateral control of the Origin System’s resources, it became clear that not only had the Orokin territorial losses been a massive blow to their system-wide supremacy, but other powers - particularly the Corpus and Oeizu** - had snapped up this territory. The Orokin were a priority target for the Sentients, while the Corpus were (comparatively) rarer targets with more freedom to extract resources from beyond the asteroid belt. The Oeizu and Bidanians, meanwhile, were simply too small and mobile for the Sentients to justify attacking.

The first approach the Orokin tried against these nascent states was threatening them. This failed numerous times before the Orokin were grudgingly forced to admit that they caught more flies with honey.

Nonetheless, the early days of Orokin diplomacy left such a scar on all who participated that it became common practice for all parties involved to bring heavily armed bodyguards. The Corpus brought heavily genemodded slabs of muscle that served as the precursor to the Crewman program, while Orokin brought Warframes, Dax, or even Grineer in leaner years. Many of which were armed with this pistol. In fact, during the Tenno Rebellion, it was a common sidearm for Grineer commanders.

Tenno often took these as war trophies from said Grineer, using them as backups in the event that Grineer were inevitably ordered to clog the Tenno guns and dull their blades with bodies. Perhaps ironically, many of the Consiglias used by the Tenno came from these specific Grineer rushes.

Comparisons

The Veuglaire has pinpoint accuracy but noticeable muzzle climb that has to be manually compensated for, not unlike the Depezador. As inspired by the Aliens: FTE revolver’s handling. Meanwhile, the Consiglia is much more controllable, faster, and spammy… at the cost of consistent accuracy after 2-3 shots or so. This is best used for double-tapping.

Also, the Sivana from earlier releases a radial explosion, which means it deals more damage the more enemies are caught in the blast. This, however, has more rounds and a smaller radius, it's more of a spammy gun.

Tenno Remarks

* I had nothing to do with this. I didn’t build this. Hand to God, I was not complicit in shooting diplomats. I’ve done a lot of terrible things, but I draw the line at being blamed for that. ~Haruka Lorne

** It really makes you think about what’d happen if the Sentients ever totally exterminated the Orokin. You think they’d let the indies live? ~Thane

Bidanians and Oeizu? Maybe, but they’re good at surviving. Corpus? Definitely not. It doesn’t take an archimedian to see this was a logical progression. ~Ginebra

Agreed.  From what I’ve learned, from what I heard before I got my body back, Hunhow called old Salad an Orokin. If I had to make a guess, they prioritized the Orokin state…  ~Thane

But they didn’t see the rest of us as any better? ~Haruka Lorne

Exactly. ~Thane

“The rest of us?” ~Yassin

Stats

Type: Single Pistol

Trigger: Semi

Fire Rate: 5.5

Noise level: alarming

Magazine: 15

Reload: 2.2s

Projectile Type: Hitscan

Damage: 80

38 Puncture

26 Impact

16 Slash

Critical Chance: 32% 

Critical Multiplier: 2.2x

Status Chance: 12%

Forced Procs: Electric (on headshots)

Artist Notes

Originally, this looked like the 12.7mm/14mm pistol from fallout, but I switched to this one for some reason. I think I just wanted to make something that felt less… “Handcannon” than that big chonk of a gun. I’ll probably shamelessly copy that at some point, but not right now. It was also originally meant to be silenced, but I moved away from that as I felt like guaranteed electric procs was enough. 

The general design here is based on the Hamilton pistol used in the Swedish pistol trials. That has a pretty similar curving bolt design, though I fudged things by putting the barrel a little lower. I thought the cutout for the ventilator rib made for an interesting silhouette, so I added that in as well.

Unless you count a pair of revolvers I plan on doing in the near future (they’ll also have a total capacity of 14 rounds), this is likely going to be the last “normal” semiauto pistol I do, because… I don’t think there’s really much to do here. I made a burst/semi pistol with status in burst and high crit and headshot damage in semi (the Dynamo), I’ve made a few semiautos that step on the toes of revolvers, (the Veuglaire, Absoute, Largo, and others) a semiauto pistol that’s basically a Bolter (the Spartoi). Also, paradoxically, “a normal semiauto pistol” is hard for me to do, because I don’t know how to do something that conveys that much normality, and its hard for me not to make it a handcannon.

But I don’t know what else I’d do. In a lot of games, regular old semiauto pistols don’t even have the design space that revolvers afford you. With a handcannon-type weapon, I can add lots of power and add some kind of funny effect that feeds into this, like increased critical damage for precision, a scope, pausing for bonus status, or headshot explosions.  Semiauto pistols in most games I’ve played are mostly about lots of follow-up shots and that’s hard for me to make as interesting. Especially in a game like WF where the DPS numbers are, not to put too fine a point on it, screwed. I swear, I must be one of the only people that’s consistently been running around with an assault rifle or LMG (i.e, the Soma, Buzlok, Tiberon Prime, etc) and a revolver or two as opposed to constantly having an AoE gun.

Next one might have some kind of healing effect, or a combo effect. That could be neat.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno ‘Consiglia’ Semiauto Pistol

“More of a late-war Orokin pistol than a Tenno pistol, this weapon was designed for bodyguards of Orokin diplomats and functionaries in the mid-late Old War.”
Codex

Special Traits: 
Guaranteed electric procs on headshots

tenno__consiglia__semiauto_pistol_by_flu

Lore

Designed as a backup gun for Orokin-era diplomats and their bodyguards - Warframe, Dax, or even Grineer in particularly lean years, and filtering into the hands of solitary Tenno spies and operators. There were a few objectives the Consiglia had to fill:

1. It had to be big and intimidating

2. It had to serve as a primary weapon for those who couldn’t carry rifles.

3. It had to be relatively maneuverable.

4. It had to be effective against Corpus.

The Consigliere was born from this, “simplifying” Haruka Lorne’s* Veuglaire design by removing the toggle-lock mechanism and replacing it with a curving bolt that went down into the pistol grip. Attempts - of limited success- were made to make it slightly more compact, but these came to little success. It also boasts a revolver-like ventilator rib to reduce its high recoil.

Using advanced Orokin ammunition,  it deals guaranteed electric procs on headshots. This ammunition is also armor piercing and deals massive impact damage, making it an excellent choice against Corpus shields and Proxies - even ancient Proxies of back in Granum’s day, which skirted dangerously close to the Seven Precepts’ (and indeed, superstitions of peoples that the Corpus had incorporated) prohibitions on thinking machines.

Reception among Tenno and other users of firearms was… mixed. On the one hand, it boasted a higher caliber and fire rate than the standard Lato. It worked as a decent backup weapon for a Tenno armed with specialist weapons like bows, explosives, explosive bows, shotguns, or flamers, along with a high fire rate for its stopping power. It was accurate, reliable, and it was seen as a valuable tool for ensuring that negotiations with the Corpus went smoothly.

On the other hand, it had questionable ergonomics and recoil. The pistol grip was seen as cramped and uncomfortable, not helped by the bolt curving down into the grip.

As the first two shots from this pistol can be fired extremely quickly before recoil starts kicking in, this pistol is best used as a double-tap machine.

Among those the Orokin “negotiated” with, this earned the nickname of ‘The twinhammer.’

On the subject of those negotiations: the first Orokin diplomats were something of a laughingstock among all who encountered them. In fact, the pistol’s status as a non-Prime weapon can be (and was) considered a subtle insult. Perhaps it was, but - as the Orokin diplomat Vilem Will Xiang pointed out - it was designed in the same style as the ceremonial weapons found on the Zariman.

Diplomats such as Xiang, famed for his groundbreaking strategy of not rocketing up the escalation ladder, soon became a necessity in the wake of Sentient and Infested devastation of the ravaged outer colonies. In this era, where the Orokin no longer had unilateral control of the Origin System’s resources, it became clear that not only had the Orokin territorial losses been a massive blow to their system-wide supremacy, but other powers - particularly the Corpus and Oeizu** - had snapped up this territory. The Orokin were a priority target for the Sentients, while the Corpus were (comparatively) rarer targets with more freedom to extract resources from beyond the asteroid belt. The Oeizu and Bidanians, meanwhile, were simply too small and mobile for the Sentients to justify attacking.

The first approach the Orokin tried against these nascent states was threatening them. This failed numerous times before the Orokin were grudgingly forced to admit that they caught more flies with honey.

Nonetheless, the early days of Orokin diplomacy left such a scar on all who participated that it became common practice for all parties involved to bring heavily armed bodyguards. The Corpus brought heavily genemodded slabs of muscle that served as the precursor to the Crewman program, while Orokin brought Warframes, Dax, or even Grineer in leaner years. Many of which were armed with this pistol. In fact, during the Tenno Rebellion, it was a common sidearm for Grineer commanders.

Tenno often took these as war trophies from said Grineer, using them as backups in the event that Grineer were inevitably ordered to clog the Tenno guns and dull their blades with bodies. Perhaps ironically, many of the Consiglias used by the Tenno came from these specific Grineer rushes.

Comparisons

The Veuglaire has pinpoint accuracy but noticeable muzzle climb that has to be manually compensated for, not unlike the Depezador. As inspired by the Aliens: FTE revolver’s handling. Meanwhile, the Consiglia is much more controllable, faster, and spammy… at the cost of consistent accuracy after 2-3 shots or so. This is best used for double-tapping.

Also, the Sivana from earlier releases a radial explosion, which means it deals more damage the more enemies are caught in the blast. This, however, has more rounds and a smaller radius, it's more of a spammy gun.

Tenno Remarks

* I had nothing to do with this. I didn’t build this. Hand to God, I was not complicit in shooting diplomats. I’ve done a lot of terrible things, but I draw the line at being blamed for that. ~Haruka Lorne

** It really makes you think about what’d happen if the Sentients ever totally exterminated the Orokin. You think they’d let the indies live? ~Thane

Bidanians and Oeizu? Maybe, but they’re good at surviving. Corpus? Definitely not. It doesn’t take an archimedian to see this was a logical progression. ~Ginebra

Agreed.  From what I’ve learned, from what I heard before I got my body back, Hunhow called old Salad an Orokin. If I had to make a guess, they prioritized the Orokin state…  ~Thane

But they didn’t see the rest of us as any better? ~Haruka Lorne

Exactly. ~Thane

“The rest of us?” ~Yassin

Stats

Type: Single Pistol

Trigger: Semi

Fire Rate: 5.5

Noise level: alarming

Magazine: 15

Reload: 2.2s

Projectile Type: Hitscan

Damage: 80

38 Puncture

26 Impact

16 Slash

Critical Chance: 32% 

Critical Multiplier: 2.2x

Status Chance: 12%

Forced Procs: Electric (on headshots)

Artist Notes

Originally, this looked like the 12.7mm/14mm pistol from fallout, but I switched to this one for some reason. I think I just wanted to make something that felt less… “Handcannon” than that big chonk of a gun. I’ll probably shamelessly copy that at some point, but not right now. It was also originally meant to be silenced, but I moved away from that as I felt like guaranteed electric procs was enough. 

The general design here is based on the Hamilton pistol used in the Swedish pistol trials. That has a pretty similar curving bolt design, though I fudged things by putting the barrel a little lower. I thought the cutout for the ventilator rib made for an interesting silhouette, so I added that in as well.

Unless you count a pair of revolvers I plan on doing in the near future (they’ll also have a total capacity of 14 rounds), this is likely going to be the last “normal” semiauto pistol I do, because… I don’t think there’s really much to do here. I made a burst/semi pistol with status in burst and high crit and headshot damage in semi (the Dynamo), I’ve made a few semiautos that step on the toes of revolvers, (the Veuglaire, Absoute, Largo, and others) a semiauto pistol that’s basically a Bolter (the Spartoi). Also, paradoxically, “a normal semiauto pistol” is hard for me to do, because I don’t know how to do something that conveys that much normality, and its hard for me not to make it a handcannon.

But I don’t know what else I’d do. In a lot of games, regular old semiauto pistols don’t even have the design space that revolvers afford you. With a handcannon-type weapon, I can add lots of power and add some kind of funny effect that feeds into this, like increased critical damage for precision, a scope, pausing for bonus status, or headshot explosions.  Semiauto pistols in most games I’ve played are mostly about lots of follow-up shots and that’s hard for me to make as interesting. Especially in a game like WF where the DPS numbers are, not to put too fine a point on it, screwed. I swear, I must be one of the only people that’s consistently been running around with an assault rifle or LMG (i.e, the Soma, Buzlok, Tiberon Prime, etc) and a revolver or two as opposed to constantly having an AoE gun.

Next one might have some kind of healing effect, or a combo effect. That could be neat.

That thing looks fun, I like the profile of it.  I also like the bit about the Orokin diplomats ground breaking strategy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neo3602 said:

That thing looks fun, I like the profile of it.  I also like the bit about the Orokin diplomats ground breaking strategy.

The silhouette was a lot of fun! Originally it had a pretty.... I don't wanna say "normal" silhouette, but then I decided to add that ventilator rib and cut part of it off at an angle for an interesting silhouette.

On the one hand, I have mixed feelings on how most of the Orokin Lore I write centers around me saying "And Then They Were Bastards." Because it feels a little one-note.

On the other hand, writing stuff like that is consistently one of the funniest parts of the lore for me.

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

The silhouette was a lot of fun! Originally it had a pretty.... I don't wanna say "normal" silhouette, but then I decided to add that ventilator rib and cut part of it off at an angle for an interesting silhouette.

On the one hand, I have mixed feelings on how most of the Orokin Lore I write centers around me saying "And Then They Were Bastards." Because it feels a little one-note.

On the other hand, writing stuff like that is consistently one of the funniest parts of the lore for me.

To be fair the orokin are bastards. Also I do think that the lore for this weapon has a bit more depth since it has Xing, and his colleagues, who seem reasonable at least in the fact that they see that force isn't a option anymore and act as such. 

In addition I always think that although the Orokin are pretty S#&amp;&#036;ty as a whole, especially with the use of continuality, there were many Orokin who were not as bad or detested the state of their society but couldn't change it. One orokin I like is Son(Kermerrmos) Entrati who seems pretty aware of the orokins short comings in one quote about his fiancé being dead as the empire that raised them, saying that he had no hard feelings as "our time had more than come"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neo3602 said:

In addition I always think that although the Orokin are pretty S#&amp;&#036;ty as a whole, especially with the use of continuality, there were many Orokin who were not as bad or detested the state of their society but couldn't change it.

A good point on all counts. I'm not... entirely certain how many orokin there were, who counts as being part of the Orokin, what it means to be part of them (were Margulis and Silvana considered part of the Orokin? I have no idea, but Hunhow refers to Salad as an orokin...) but you are right.  There were plenty that weren't basically blue Dark Eldar.

7 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

One orokin I like is Son(Kermerrmos) Entrati who seems pretty aware of the orokins short comings in one quote about his fiancé being dead as the empire that raised them, saying that he had no hard feelings as "our time had more than come"

The Entrati are a lot of fun for me to write because I know full well they could do whatever they wanted lol. I'm fairly certain that if anyone else worked on.... whatever Albrecht is doing "right now..." they'd Jade Light the hell out of him or glass him, but the Entrati hold void travel and some of the most advanced tech of the Empire in their hands. What were the Orokin gonna do? Threaten them? 

Incidentally I now want to come up with an Entrati weapon designed by Albrecht. Or at least, designed for him for use against Murmur, or... whatever some of the weird Void Creatures we'll see are. It could be funny, I could write some funny lore dialogue where Father explains he has no goddamn idea what it is.

....tbh I just want to come up with another Entrati gun rn. That was always fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

A good point on all counts. I'm not... entirely certain how many orokin there were, who counts as being part of the Orokin, what it means to be part of them (were Margulis and Silvana considered part of the Orokin? I have no idea, but Hunhow refers to Salad as an orokin...) but you are right.  There were plenty that weren't basically blue Dark Eldar.

The Entrati are a lot of fun for me to write because I know full well they could do whatever they wanted lol. I'm fairly certain that if anyone else worked on.... whatever Albrecht is doing "right now..." they'd Jade Light the hell out of him or glass him, but the Entrati hold void travel and some of the most advanced tech of the Empire in their hands. What were the Orokin gonna do? Threaten them? 

Incidentally I now want to come up with an Entrati weapon designed by Albrecht. Or at least, designed for him for use against Murmur, or... whatever some of the weird Void Creatures we'll see are. It could be funny, I could write some funny lore dialogue where Father explains he has no goddamn idea what it is.

....tbh I just want to come up with another Entrati gun rn. That was always fun.

Entrati guns are always fun, I hope we get at least one or 2 with whispers of the walls.

Also now that you mention the Murmur, I wonder if we'll get any weapons related/used/made of them?

7 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

Also now that you mention the Murmur, I wonder if we'll get any weapons related/used/made of them?

If we don't, I'll make some. I'll probably  ̶r̶i̶p̶o̶f̶f̶ steal lovingly homage some stuff from Returnal to do it.

8 minutes ago, Neo3602 said:

Entrati guns are always fun, I hope we get at least one or 2 with whispers of the walls.

You and me both. They're the hardest to draw, but they're also the most fun for me because I can create altfires that go far beyond the limits of any kind of good balance, (see: The Absoute's cluster-homing-clusterbomb) make something incredibly baroque, and I have a lot of fun naming them.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for missing the thread’s anniversary, everyone. Unfortunately, the cord for my computer stopped working a week ago and the brain trust at Best Buy sold me some cords that don’t fit and wouldve fried the battery if they did (kontgesigs) so I’m down 80 dollars and an art computer, at least until the new cord comes in. Which is hopefully in three days. Wack.

Also I can’t find my backup computer, and my backup backup computer is working even more poorly than I thought possible. That said, I do have something I can post tomorrow.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Sorry for missing the thread’s anniversary, everyone. Unfortunately, the cord for my computer stopped working a week ago and the brain trust at Best Buy sold me some cords that don’t fit and wouldve fried the battery if they did (kontgesigs) so I’m down 80 dollars and an art computer, at least until the new cord comes in. Which is hopefully in three days. Wack.

Also I can’t find my backup computer, and my backup backup computer is working even more poorly than I thought possible. That said, I do have something I can post tomorrow.

OUCH!!! Luck be with you on the corrective measures needed for this suh! Talk about a spot a the rotten  luck!