Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

On 2023-09-10 at 9:14 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Sorry for missing the thread’s anniversary, everyone. Unfortunately, the cord for my computer stopped working a week ago and the brain trust at Best Buy sold me some cords that don’t fit and wouldve fried the battery if they did (kontgesigs) so I’m down 80 dollars and an art computer, at least until the new cord comes in. Which is hopefully in three days. Wack.

Also I can’t find my backup computer, and my backup backup computer is working even more poorly than I thought possible. That said, I do have something I can post tomorrow.

It's always the cords.

• Like 1

I'm BACK HUMPADUMPS

But first: Headshot multiplier on Depezador Prime upped to 3.45x, combo mechanic now rewards 0.6x critical damage per kill. 

Why: Cause I wanted the combo mechanic to give it more after 5 headshots than the next pistol does in one. It was always meant to feel like the sustained-headshot gun.

On 2020-11-06 at 7:07 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

DEPEZADOR PRIME 2020 REMASTER

depezador_prime__2021_re_edit__by_fluffy

“This baroque, engraved top-break revolver fires laser-sliced slugs from its primary barrel, and uses Entrati siphon technology to load a central shotgun barrel with cryotic-infused buckshot. Land headshots with this weapon to activate altfire, and increase the critical multiplier.

It was originally a reward for honorable service, but you decide the honors now.”
--Codex

Special Traits: 
Headhunter - increases critical damage by 18% on each successive headshot, removing one stack of the bonus on misses. Body shots reset any decay, but do not add to the combo. +10% bonus headshot damage.
Cryotic Buckshot: Central shotgun barrel has a chance to deal cold damage regardless of the elemental build.

Lore

A collaboration between Father 
█̷͙̼̺̏̆̌̐̉́̀̕͘͘͠█̶͍̉̓ͅͅ█̵̹̖̮̳̞̙͍̱͛̌͠█̷̧̱̻̰̳̟̯͒█̶̭̬̳͈̗͚̈́̓̌̈̐́́̄̌̑̕̕█̶̛̦̗̈́͒̓̉͊̈͛█̸̢͈͕̩͍̣̙͓̒ Entrati, the Tenno gunsmith Haruka Lorne, and Orokin weaponsmiths. The goal was to create a reward for those who fought in the Battle of the Keeler Gap. Haruka herself fought there, and as such she used it as an opportunity to create a perfect weapon for herself - and █̷͙̼̺̏̆̌̐̉́̀̕͘͘͠█̶͍̉̓ͅͅ█̵̹̖̮̳̞̙͍̱͛̌͠█̷̧̱̻̰̳̟̯͒█̶̭̬̳͈̗͚̈́̓̌̈̐́́̄̌̑̕̕█̶̛̦̗̈́͒̓̉͊̈͛█̸̢͈͕̩͍̣̙͓̒, amused by her ideas, worked with her.

The result was the Depezador Prime. Thanks to a ballistic analysis computer mounted under the shotgun barrel, headshots with this weapon increase the critical multiplier by 18% additively, for a total of a 90% bonus critical damage. With its original 3.0 critical multiplier and primed mods, this can bring it up to 9 times the critical multiplier. Body shots do not affect the meter at all, but missed shots cause it to decrease, much like on the Arca Scisco. It decreases after about 3 seconds, however. Also like the Arca Scisco, the number of stacks that can be added are capped at one per shot. The critical damage bonus goes to each round in the multishot, though.

Three headshots will also recharge its secondary fire, a wide spray of Cryotic-infused buckshot with spread similar to that of the Euphona Prime. This is accomplished through Entrati Siphon technology. This is also capped at one per shot.

Each reload comes pre-loaded with one shotgun shell, so you could just reload it to activate it. This ALWAYS has a chance to inflict a cold effect, no matter the build. While it’s absolutely possible to kill something with shotgun mode, the point of shotgun mode is less for killing and more for slowing down enemies to open them up for easier headshots. You only get one shotgun round per magazine, so use it well.

Headshots with the shotgun also increase the critical multiplier of primary fire... but they don't add to the critical damage of the shotgun. It's just not a good idea. I don't want to be responsible for the underbarrel shotgun having nearly 9x crit.

While other Tenno sidearms such as the Lex series, Largo, Euphona, Naga, and Makina seemingly outstrip it, few things can compete with the Depezador’s damage after sustained headshots.

...Except the Estampida on one headshot. It has a lot of headshot damage. Crazy headshot damage.

One of its greatest weaknesses, in a way, is its high fire rate. It has high recoil due to the flaws of its top-break frame, so it’s easy to miss follow-up shots. It doesn’t take TOO long to recover accuracy though. About 0.4 seconds. Firing before accuracy has recovered will increase the time to totally recover. Accuracy recovery isn’t really something warframe has dealt with, so I’m not really sure here. The recoil is… mostly vertical.

With its combo mechanic and cryotic shotgun, this weapon quickly earned a fearful reputation among the Sentient vanguard that made their way to the Origin System. Its high damage and crit would overwhelm a Sentient's last few resistances, and its cryotic shotgun would hold them in place for a Tenno to attack them in melee combat - or simply just headshot them even more. 

It was a common sight among Orokin-era officers, particularly Dax soldiers - some of whom would use it to execute criminals, traitors, and "underperforming" Grineer.

Artist Notes
Okay, so this is the third time I've redrawn this. It's meant to use all my current artistic expertise to make it look even BETTER!

A lot more thought went into how the stats work. As with last time, I still I wanted a powerful revolver (I like revolver) that rewarded my frenetic, headshot-heavy gameplay style. However, this ran the risk of being too broken, if it didn't have any recoil.
 As such, I added a bit of stat tweaking to keep people from spamming it. If you fire it before it's settled, you miss the combo and it comes tumbling down. It will be frustrating, but it'll feel worth it to see those huge numbers.

Plus, the starting damage is pretty good - not top-tier, but good - so you can spam it if you want.

Ironically, this was meant as a mid-road balancing my love of Akvasto Prime and Pandero, but this was taking the Pandero's pre-nerf 30% crit 15% status stats into account, so now this is even stronger than I intended. Whoops.

I think this would be extremely fun for Harrow and Frost mains! Or really, anyone with an ability to slow or stop enemies. And, if you're playing a frame that doesn't, that's what the shotgun is for. The "can always proc cold" thing is meant to be more conducive to the current Viral meta. Back when I added this, 
everyone did corrosive, so it made sense at the time.

Speaking of the shotgun. While it might be cool to add the crit damage gimmick to it, it just... it wasn't a good idea. I want  people to work to bring this up to acceptable power levels, but I 
don't want them to have something so overpowered.

The ideal Exilus mod for this weapon would likely be Stabilizer or Target Acquired (for the shotgun).

I have no idea what the thing over the hammer does, but presumably this is still a relatively functional double-action.. Or the extra hammer-looking thing over the cylinder. Though I do know the sights are inside of it. The first thing was just added to shake up the silhouette and reference Mortarion's "Lantern" pistol from Warhammer 40k, which noticeably resembles a revolver. The second thing was added to reference the Kinetic Destroyer revolver pistols used by the Custodes. Which weirdly resemble the Lantern. They just... 
have this second-hammer-looking thing above the cylinder. I figured it'd also shake up the silhouette so... why not.

STATS

Trigger: Semi
Magazine Size: 9 (+1 shotgun)
Fire Rate: 2.75
Reload: 2.0s
Combo Decay: 3.0s
Accuracy Recovery: 0.4s

Primary Fire
Damage: 99
    slash:  63
    puncture: 14
    impact: 22 
Critical Chance: 32%
Critical Multiplier: 3.0x
Status Chance:  16%
Headshot Multiplier: 3.45x
Punch-Through: 0.5m

Special Traits
Adds +0.54x critical damage on headshots up to 5 times for a total of +2.7x bonus crit... meaning 9x crit with primed target cracker. I was scared to add more.

Secondary Fire: 
Damage: 704
    Cold: 451
    Impact: 176
    Puncture: 77
Pellets: 11
Magazine Size: 1
Fire Rate: N/A
Status Chance: 9.2%
Critical Chance: 11%
Critical Multiplier: 2.4x
Punch-Through: 1.0m

special traits:  Cryotic Buckshot - each pellet has a 9.2% chance to proc cold damage

Will post the two inspirations behind a lot of the rework later!

JOYEUX ANNIVERSAIRE, HUMPADUMPS

HERE'S THE 𝑵𝑨𝑮𝑨 𝑮𝑨𝑺-𝑺𝑬𝑨𝑳 𝑹𝑬𝑽𝑶𝑳𝑽𝑬𝑹!!!

“Prey on their fear, move like an animal, and feel the kill with the gas-seal Naga revolver. Pace your fire rate for precise, silent shots, or fire rapidly to clear entire rooms.
Codex

special traits
Integral Suppressor - Waiting 0.8 seconds between shots will silence the next shot fired. This is represented by a charge-like icon within the reticle. Silenced shots have 45% status chance.
  (NOTE: This is not affected by Lethal Torrent. It just didn’t work. More on that later in artist notes)

(NOTE ALSO: This starts as soon as the revolver can be fired, so it's more that you can only fire this every 1.2 seconds without lethal torrent.)

Bonus Headshot damage.
Hunter’s Grip - Turns you invisible on stealth kills and headshot kills.
Hunter’s Scope - Scope in for 2.1x zoom by pressing altfire. This adds increased headshot damage!
 tenno__naga__gas_seal_revolver__redraw__

LORE

A silenced, scoped handcannon that serves as a hip-holstered sniper rifle for Tenno that need something more precise or powerful than their primary weapon.

The Naga was meant to combine Orokin sensibilities and the Tenno need for high stopping power into one pistol. Haruka Lorne, a well-regarded Tenno gunsmith, was contracted to make it so. To everyone’s surprise, her answer was a revolver.

Not because revolvers were out of character for her (they very much weren’t) but because she’d somehow managed to integrally silence one.

This was the Naga Gas-seal Hunting Revolver. A powerful, heavy handgun the size of a small rifle, with an integral scope. Orokin arms research had rediscovered the fact that a fixed-cylinder revolver was capable of chambering the most powerful rounds, and somehow, Haruka and the archimedians tasked with designing it came to the conclusion that the next logical step was to make a revolver that took itself apart, becoming a fixed-cylinder revolver. As such, the Naga comes with a reload that beggars belief, described below.

1. The metal pieces that hold the cylinder in place from the outside move backwards and forwards.

2. The top of the revolver connecting the rear sight to the piece between barrel and cylinder moves upward.

3. The user lets the spent cylinder fall out, and places a new one. The cylinder then uses an advanced Orokin something-or-other to align the closest chamber with the barrel.

In addition, its unique gas-seal system pushes the cylinder forward with each trigger pull, closing the gap between it and the barrel and allowing it to be silenced. Unfortunately, it has a stiff, heavy trigger pull, giving it a slow fire rate**.

However, the silencer struggles to handle the sheer power of the Naga’s very, very long bullets. Thankfully, it is made from Orokin biopolymers, and is capable of healing and re-silencing itself. Pausing between shots for close to a second will give the silencer time to heal, while firing quick volleys will be deafening to the wielder and its targets alike.

“Healing” does not take very long, ensuring that the first shot fired from this weapon will almost always be silenced. In this way, it also rewards quick, precise snapshots. These silent shots have far higher status chance, frequently punching through modern-day Grineer with a barrage of Viral and Heat damage*.

Typically, these pistols were used for both hunting (be that Infested or Sentient forms) or various stealth operations that required something bigger and more powerful than a throwing star. In that era towards the end of the war just before the Tenno “won,” where the fate of the Orokin Empire was uncertain, the Naga was well-known for silently eliminating entire strongholds, taking out guards while kidnapping the “young and exotic” for Yuvan, and culling the ranks of the early proto-corpus “Industrialists” that the Orokin grew to despise.

A legend from the Jovian system claims that one Tenno used this pistol to end a Jovian war of secession among Corpus proto-aristocracy before it could even begin. 

Tenno Remarks

* At least, that’s what I keep on mine. ~Haruka Lorne

** Oh yeah, funny story about that. Albrecht - was it Vilcor? God, my memory is like Swiss cheese… anyway, when I was working on this, some Entrati gave me a silenced pre-space revolver from the Entrati… personal collection. For inspiration. Said something like it was used against one of the first Technocyte outbreaks. Can’t imagine it was great, the thing’s a peashooter by modern standards, and the trigger pull is so awful that I had to partially motorize it. It’s like twenty pounds! Also you can fire mine with assist off, but i don’t recommend it. ~Haruka Lorne

What’s swiss cheese? Do you mean Jarnsaxan cheese? ~Yassin

Good question. I have no idea. God,  I have the worst headache when I think about this stuff, which is weird because I’m not actually sure if I have a brain anymore. ~Haruka Lorne

STATS
Fire Rate - 2
Trigger - Semi

Magazine - 7
Reload Time - 2.4s

Normal Attacks

Damage - 144
    Impact - 22.8
    Slash -  51.2
    Puncture - 69 (nice)
Crit Chance - 32%
Crit multiplier - 2.8x
Status Chance - 18%
Headshot Multiplier:
        Unscoped: 3.75x
        Scoped (2.1x zoom): 4.35x

Silenced Shots

Damage - 192
    Impact - 30
    Slash -  54.6
    Puncture - 72.8
Crit Chance - 32%
Crit multiplier - 2.8x
Status Chance - 45%
Headshot Multiplier:
        Unscoped: 3.75x
        Scoped: 4.35x

ARTIST NOTES

A redraw of old lumpy art! Seriously, shouts out to whoever told me I need to start shift-clicking. Anyway, JOYEUX ANNIVERSAIRE TO ME 

WOOOOO

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHH BABYYYYYYYYYYYYY

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR, THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT, WOOOOOO

As always, I'd like to thank everyone who's been here from the beginning, from back when it was just unstatted pencil sketches and the Pandero was considered a top-tier pistols. Shouts to @Almighty_Jado, @Teoarrk, @Neo3602@Unus, @Teridax68@keikogi,@KaffeRausch, modernmercenary (who redesigned the Fuselok. I wonder why this was so popular sometimes) @HugintheCrow (even if he probably won't respond to this tag) stellarseeker, and @BlackDiamondAce. I just want you to know that even if I partly copypasted that, even if I don't always express it, even if I seem prickly, or avoidant, or stubborn, in my own way I really do love you all, especially @Unus. Genuinely. This thread has spurred me on to make lots of fun guns, it's helped me make friends, and it's less of a nightmare than the last thing I did in this vein.

One of my greatest mistakes with the first version was not drawing out the reload, so I’ve done that here. I find it a little funny that the changes I made make it look less like a BFR and more like a cap-and-ball revolver with a scope, but in a weird sort of way, that works.

Basically, this is a Nagant scaled up to BFR size. I wanted to make something like the Hunting Revolver(s) from Fallout New Vegas, and giving it 7 rounds and a silencer seemed like a good way to make it just offbeat enough. It also bears some major influence from the Wingman revolver(s) from Titanfall and Apex. In particular, it’s inspired by the Wingman Elite, because I can’t help but associate the regular old wingman with the phenomenally unsatisfying version from Titanfall 2 (it takes two headshots to kill at point blank range! UGH).

Beyond those influences, it is also a reference to the game Spacelords. Which, sadly, I do not play anymore. Apparently, they really screwed over the game balance (wack) which is a shame because that game had phenomenally creative weapon designs that often felt less like guns and more like special moves in a fighting game.  In particular, I ripped the gimmick off almost wholesale from Doldren’s KLT-13 revolver, which is also silenceable if you aim for a short period of time. Though I shaved some stuff down for the sake of fun. For example, I tried to make “Integral suppressor” work with lethal torrent, but either a) it was too breakable and would remove a unique mechanic, b), nobody would be able to enjoy it when they didn’t have enough mod space, or c) all of the above.

I actually do have another Spacelords-inspired shotgun pistol coming SOON™ after this, so look out for that.

If you’re asking why the Nagant, that’s because very little of this is made up beyond the reload. The Nagant… is virtually the only revolver that can be silenced! This is because it uses a gas-seal system that works… well, not unlike how I described it here. A lot of the other stuff here, like its terrible trigger pull, is just me dunking on the Nagant. Did you know I wasn’t making up the part where the double-action version has a nearly twenty-pound trigger pull? Crazy stuff.

Also, the part about the “first technocyte outbreak” is a joke on Darksector’s “hammer 1895,” a Webley revolver that inexplicably fires .308 NATO rounds and likely references the Nagant through the year 1895. The thought occurs that since mine fires something preeeeetty close to rifle rounds, it’s probably closer to how the revolver from that game would really be.

…Hire me as a gun consultant for Warframe 1999, DE! I am trustworthy! I’ll fix Arthur’s fire selector lever on the AK, and you can trust me not to go “.45 uber alles!” like a libertarian!

(...man, I’m worried about how incomprehensible this must be to people that don’t get guns. Especially that last part.)

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36
  • Like 3

On 2023-09-12 at 8:47 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Integral Suppressor - Waiting 0.8 seconds between shots while aiming will silence the next shot fired. This is represented by a charge-like icon within the reticle. Silenced shots have 45% status chance.
  (NOTE: This is not affected by Lethal Torrent. It just didn’t work. More on that later in artist notes

I would slaps a headshot mutplier for good measure and remove the whole aiming clause ( I understand both from a thematic stand point but giving the general flow of warframe I feel like both slow down rhw weapon a tad to much). I know the weapon is meant to feel like a assassin tool). The "charge 

" time is fine tough I feel like there should be more weapons that benefit from not being spaned.

Given that the weapon already has increased headshot mutiplier what about this for the supressed houd. Executioner houd - supresed shot deal all damage instantly on headshot( if it applies any dot it does all that damage on the initial shot ) . It also would help with flavour with its anti sentient stick ( delicering a single brust before the sentient can adapt to the over time effect ).

Surprisingly I think this is fine.

always, I'd like to thank everyone who's been here from the beginning, from back when it was just unstatted pencil sketches and the Pandero was considered a top-tier pistols. Shouts to

Thx

One of my greatest mistakes with the first version was not drawing out the reload, so I’ve done that here. I find it a little funny that the changes I made make it look less like a BFR and more like a cap-and-ball revolver with a scope, but in a weird sort of way, that works

Warframe does have a lot of unique reload animations so it's neat to include it. 

Also, the part about the “first technocyte outbreak” is a joke on Darksector’s “hammer 1895,” a Webley revolver that inexplicably fires .308 Nato rounds. The thought occurs that since mine fires something preeeeetty close to rifle rounds, it’s probably closer to how the revolver from that game would really be.

…Hire me as a gun consultant for Warframe 1999, DE! I am trustworthy! I’ll fix Arthur’s fire selector lever on the AK, and you can trust me not to go “.45 uber alles!” like a libertarian!

(...man, I’m worried about how incomprehensible this must be to people that don’t get guns. Especially that last part.)

I can't shake the belief that the dark sector skins memed warframe 1999 into existence. So got any new ideas from the new update? 

I got a new idea for a book frame ( tablet frame actually but it checks out ). Ended up canning the duviri frame idea, could not make it work well and DE beat me to the horse stick.

Edited by keikogi

1 hour ago, keikogi said:

I would slaps a headshot mutplier for good measure and remove the whole aiming clause ( I understand both from a thematic stand point but giving the general flow of warframe I feel like both slow down rhw weapon a tad to much). I know the weapon is meant to feel like a assassin tool). The "charge 

It does have a flat headshot bonus (3.6x when unscoped) I just didn't feel like directly tying it onto silenced shots.

That said.... I'm just gonna remove "aiming" from the silent shots. From now on, the first shot fired when you unholster it is always silenced. That was the goal this time, I just... forgot to remove that from the special traits section. Sorry.

Given that the weapon already has increased headshot mutiplier what about this for the supressed houd. Executioner houd - supresed shot deal all damage instantly on headshot( if it applies any dot it does all that damage on the initial shot ) . It also would help with flavour with its anti sentient stick ( delicering a single brust before the sentient can adapt to the over time effect ).

On 2023-09-12 at 7:47 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I don't know if that's possible, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't intrigued.

Also, ironically I never thought of it as having an anti-Sentient schtick, but that's a good point. You've got a very good point.

Surprisingly I think this is fine.

You too, huh? I thought for a second "maybe this is too much" but then I figured "Eh, invisibility isn't that important in the current WF meta, we'll probably be fine."

Thx

you are WELCOME

Warframe does have a lot of unique reload animations so it's neat to include it. 

That, and it's based on the reload of the Wingman Elite from Titanfall 2 (though I didn't have it in me to make the scope lift up with the reload), which has a reload so bizarre I remember just staring in shock for a few seconds and laughing.

Titanfall 2 - All Weapon Reload Animations in 3 Minutes - YouTube

(it literally takes itself apart hhhhaaaaa-)

The Naga was always intended to do this, but I relegated it to the description instead of the art, which feels like a missed opportunity.

I can't shake the belief that the dark sector skins memed warframe 1999 into existence. So got any new ideas from the new update? 

That makes a crazy amount of sense.

I am going on overdrive with ideas. None of them are that fully-formed, but, y'know, I'm trying. One thing I want to do is look at some of the more esoteric anti-Daemon and chaos weapons used by the Grey Knights and have them in Albrecht's secret lab. Maybe have an artificially manufactured Incarnon gun. That could be neat.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

does have a flat headshot bonus (3.6x when unscoped) I just didn't feel like directly tying it onto silenced shots.

I was writing a stream of consciences,  noticed later the scope bonus.

don't know if that's possible, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't intrigued

Idk when the damage is calculated and adaptation is aplied. So idk if 1 instance is possível but just expedite suffering a frame after the shot would make it effectively the same damage stance ( at least as far as the player can tell ) 

Also, ironically I never thought of it as having an anti-Sentient schtick, but that's a good point. You've got a very good point.

I just love when a universe lore and mechanics work in conjunction. 

11 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

That, and it's based on the reload of the Wingman Elite from Titanfall 2 (though I didn't have it in me to make the scope lift up with the reload), which has a reload so bizarre I remember just staring in shock for a few seconds and laughing.

If it's memorable the desiner did at least 1 thing right.

That makes a crazy amount of sense.

I am going on overdrive with ideas. None of them are that fully-formed, but, y'know, I'm trying. One thing I want to do is look at some of the more esoteric anti-Daemon and chaos weapons used by the Grey Knights and have them in Albrecht's secret lab. Maybe have an artificially manufactured Incarnon gun. That could be neat.

Anti void weapons and artificial incarnoons are quite likely to happen. Idk in what form. I want at leat my wrist mounted bolter ( kinda weird that we don't have a single ballistic wrist mounted weapon ) 

Personally exited for the book weapons. I think it's a really new desing space that can be pushed in really new direction.

For example - a corpus table ( like the one from Vergo , the new war corpus mission ) tha call the hammer of dawn for a credit fee.

A infested book that can cast a helminth skill as an alt fire ( the helminth exclusive skills I don't want to open the door to new heights of power creep )  given that the payer has enought kills or melee hits.

A bunch of ideas for elemental books for the tenno faction and so on.

On 2023-09-14 at 11:52 AM, keikogi said:

If it's memorable the desiner did at least 1 thing right.

On 2023-09-14 at 12:07 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Oh no, that wasn't a complaint - if anything, I like it! A lot. Despite what I might convey here, it's a lot of fun specifically because it's so weird. Plus, I kinda get the logic - "Fixed-cylinder revolvers are the strongest design, but cylinders need to be quickly-reloaded, so why not have a revolver that becomes fixed-cylinder?"

On 2023-09-14 at 11:52 AM, keikogi said:

Anti void weapons and artificial incarnoons are quite likely to happen. Idk in what form. I want at leat my wrist mounted bolter ( kinda weird that we don't have a single ballistic wrist mounted weapon ) 

That can be arranged sometime.

Arbiters of Hexis 'Telos Thetacor' Beam Shotgun

“Designed in the style of late Old War Tenno firearms , this arbiters of Hexis weapon utilizes their shield technology to crush and bludgeon enemies. An unsophisticated use for a sophisticated technology.”
--Codex

Special Traits: has Truth effect.

arbiters_of_hexis__telos_thetacor__beame

Lore

One of numerous Arbiters of Hexis weapons (this can't quite be called a firearm...) that use their esoteric technology in strange and unique ways. Where Haruka Lorne firearms often encourage aggression and precision, Hexis weapons such as these are meant to encourage Tenno to use all the tools at their disposal. It exists as a method to spur Tenno on to push themselves further and further in Arbitrations, with its blueprints contained within Arbitration drones.

This beam shotgun is no exception.  It fires a beam based on the same principles as an Arbitration Drone’s shield beam in a wide cone, which grows narrower (but retains the blast radius) and travels further (and gains headshot damage) the longer you hold down the trigger. After holding the trigger for 2.5 seconds, the weapon engages "Tightbeam mode."

In this mode, beam thickness shrinks to 0.21 meters (or whatever normal beam thickness is, I don’t know) and the weapon completely changes behavior, becoming a longer-ranged, tighter beam. 

In both modes, the weapon’s beam creates a sort of “reverse shield” on enemies it touches, slowly crushing and irradiating them with a shield drone’s exotic energies.

At maximum beam range and minimum thickness, (i.e, not my friend Eddie) it still retains its 1.2m blast radius. However, it loses its punchthrough and status, in exchange for better critical stats and headshot damage.

After two seconds without holding the trigger, the beam resets to its original flamethrower-like mode and loses all accuracy gain. Taking your finger off the trigger before it's activated "Tightbeam mode"

This causes an interesting conundrum with the weapon: Do you hold down the trigger for that sustained damage at the cost of crowd control, or fire in short controlled bursts to saturate enemies with as much status as possible?

Enemies killed by this weapon implode and create gaseous plasma due to the extreme density of the shield's energy fields as the shield collapses without anything to center on. This deals radial impact damage, stunning enemies nearby.

Acquisition:

The blueprint and parts are dropped by Arbitration drones. Building all of them requires Vitus Essence.

Stats

Wide-Dispersion beam mode:

• Ammo Pool: Shotgun

• Trigger: Continuous

• Fire Rate: 14

• Reload: 2.6s

• Magazine: 100

• Beam Thickness: 0.9m

• Damage: 26

•  8 Slash

• 14 Impact

• 4 Radiation

• Critical Chance: 16%

• Critical Multiplier: 2.2x

• Status Chance: 36%

• Headshot Multiplier: 1x

• Range Limit: 24

• Enemy Punch-Through: 2.1m

• Object Punchthrough: 0

• Blast Radius: 1.2m

Tightbeam:

Ammo Pool: Rifle

• “Charge time”: 2.5s

• Beam Thickness: 0.3m

•  8 Slash

• 14 Impact

• 4 Radiation

• Critical Chance: 28%

• Status Chance: 30%

• Headshot Multiplier: 3x

• Range Limit: 39

• Punchthrough: 0

Death Explosion: 
  • Damage: 300

• 200 Gas

• 100 Impact

• Critical Chance: 20%

Artist notes

...Out of every faction some of you expected me to do next, I'm guessing this was not one of them. Somehow - I can't say how - this was inspired by playing Remnant 2 recently, likely from using the Prismatic Driver mod.

Some of you may be wondering: If it's a beam, why's it classed as a shotgun? To which i say fair, I'm not sure why  WF's beam shotguns count as shotguns. But anyway, I figured because you use this sort of thing the same way you use a Hyperion shotgun or the SOMESHA PRIME (YEAH BOYIE) autoshotgun, (which works like a Hyperion shotgun) then it might as well count as a shotgun. Besides, shotguns feel a little neglected in WF sometimes, and I'm not that much of a fan of the last two. I don't like the Rauta because just... that's it? And I don't like the Steflos because it's attached to Mirror Defense.

...I hate Mirror Defense.

Also, I thought it was interesting for the gun to have a mechanic that made you think "Maybe I shouldn't just turn off my brain and hold down the trigger."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Arbiters of Hexis 'Telos Thetacor' Beam Shotgun

“Designed in the style of late Old War Tenno firearms , this arbiters of Hexis weapon utilizes their shield technology to crush and bludgeon enemies. An unsophisticated use for a sophisticated technology.”
--Codex

Special Traits: has Truth effect.

arbiters_of_hexis__telos_thetacor__beame

Lore

One of numerous Arbiters of Hexis weapons (this can't quite be called a firearm...) that use their esoteric technology in strange and unique ways. Where Haruka Lorne firearms often encourage aggression and precision, Hexis weapons such as these are meant to encourage Tenno to use all the tools at their disposal. It exists as a method to spur Tenno on to push themselves further and further in Arbitrations, with its blueprints contained within Arbitration drones.

This beam shotgun is no exception.  It fires a beam based on the same principles as an Arbitration Drone’s shield beam in a wide cone, which grows narrower (but retains the blast radius) and travels further (and gains headshot damage) the longer you hold down the trigger. After holding the trigger for 2.5 seconds, the weapon engages "Tightbeam mode."

In this mode, beam thickness shrinks to 0.21 meters (or whatever normal beam thickness is, I don’t know) and the weapon completely changes behavior, becoming a longer-ranged, tighter beam. 

In both modes, the weapon’s beam creates a sort of “reverse shield” on enemies it touches, slowly crushing and irradiating them with a shield drone’s exotic energies.

At maximum beam range and minimum thickness, (i.e, not my friend Eddie) headshots with the beam arc to teammates (within range of the arcs) and grants overshield. It still retains its 1.2m blast radius though. However, it loses its punchthrough and status, in exchange for better critical stats and headshot damage.

After two seconds without holding the trigger, the beam resets to its original flamethrower-like mode and loses all accuracy gain. Taking your finger off the trigger before it's activated "Tightbeam mode"

This causes an interesting conundrum with the weapon: Do you hold down the trigger for that sustained damage at the cost of crowd control, or fire in short controlled bursts to saturate enemies with as much status as possible?

Enemies killed by this weapon implode and create gaseous plasma due to the extreme density of the shield's energy fields as the shield collapses without anything to center on. This deals radial impact damage, stunning enemies nearby.

Acquisition:

The blueprint and parts are dropped by Arbitration drones. Building all of them requires Vitus Essence.

Stats

Wide-Dispersion beam mode:

• Ammo Pool: Shotgun

• Beam Thickness: 0.9m

•  8 Slash

• 14 Impact

• 4 Radiation

• Critical Chance: 16%

• Headshot Multiplier: 1x

Tightbeam:

Ammo Pool: Rifle

• “Charge time”: 2.5s

• Beam Thickness: 0.3m

•  8 Slash

• 14 Impact

• 4 Radiation

• Critical Chance: 28%

• Status Chance: 30%

• Headshot Multiplier: 3x

• Range Limit: 39

• Punchthrough: 0

Death Explosion: 
  • Damage: 300

• 200 Gas

• 100 Impact

• Critical Chance: 20%

Artist notes

...Out of every faction some of you expected me to do next, I'm guessing this was not one of them. Somehow - I can't say how - this was inspired by playing Remnant 2 recently, likely from using the Prismatic Driver mod.

Some of you may be wondering: If it's a beam, why's it classed as a shotgun? To which i say fair, I'm not sure why  WF's beam shotguns count as shotguns. But anyway, I figured because you use this sort of thing the same way you use a Hyperion shotgun or the SOMESHA PRIME (YEAH BOYIE) autoshotgun, (which works like a Hyperion shotgun) then it might as well count as a shotgun. Besides, shotguns feel a little neglected in WF sometimes, and I'm not that much of a fan of the last two. I don't like the Rauta because just... that's it? And I don't like the Steflos because it's attached to Mirror Defense.

...I hate Mirror Defense.

Also, I thought it was interesting for the gun to have a mechanic that made you think "Maybe I shouldn't just turn off my brain and hold down the trigger."

This looks interesting , kind of like the Phage and it's accuracy mechanic.

I like that you made something for the Arbiters, I really wish that we would get a quest that involved them like the Chains of Harrow, Silver Grove, and other quests involved a specific syndicate and helped expand their lore a bit as well.

On 2023-09-12 at 6:47 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

JOYEUX ANNIVERSAIRE, HUMPADUMPS

HERE'S THE 𝑵𝑨𝑮𝑨 𝑮𝑨𝑺-𝑺𝑬𝑨𝑳 𝑹𝑬𝑽𝑶𝑳𝑽𝑬𝑹!!!

“Prey on their fear, move like an animal, and feel the kill with the gas-seal Naga revolver. Pace your fire rate for precise, silent shots, or fire rapidly to clear entire rooms.
Codex

special traits
Integral Suppressor - Waiting 0.8 seconds between shots will silence the next shot fired. This is represented by a charge-like icon within the reticle. Silenced shots have 45% status chance.
  (NOTE: This is not affected by Lethal Torrent. It just didn’t work. More on that later in artist notes)

Bonus Headshot damage.
Hunter’s Scope - Scope in for 2.1x zoom by pressing altfire. This adds increased headshot damage!
 tenno__naga__gas_seal_revolver__redraw__

LORE

A silenced, scoped handcannon that serves as a hip-holstered sniper rifle for Tenno that need something more precise or powerful than their primary weapon.

The Naga was meant to combine Orokin sensibilities and the Tenno need for high stopping power into one pistol. Haruka Lorne, a well-regarded Tenno gunsmith, was contracted to make it so. To everyone’s surprise, her answer was a revolver.

Not because revolvers were out of character for her (they very much weren’t) but because she’d somehow managed to integrally silence one.

This was the Naga Gas-seal Hunting Revolver. A powerful, heavy handgun the size of a small rifle, with an integral scope. Orokin arms research had rediscovered the fact that a fixed-cylinder revolver was capable of chambering the most powerful rounds, and somehow, Haruka and the archimedians tasked with designing it came to the conclusion that the next logical step was to make a revolver that took itself apart, becoming a fixed-cylinder revolver. As such, the Naga comes with a reload that beggars belief, described below.

1. The metal pieces that hold the cylinder in place from the outside move backwards and forwards.

2. The top of the revolver connecting the rear sight to the piece between barrel and cylinder moves upward.

3. The user lets the spent cylinder fall out, and places a new one. The cylinder then uses an advanced Orokin something-or-other to align the closest chamber with the barrel.

In addition, its unique gas-seal system pushes the cylinder forward with each trigger pull, closing the gap between it and the barrel and allowing it to be silenced. Unfortunately, it has a stiff, heavy trigger pull, giving it a slow fire rate**.

However, the silencer struggles to handle the sheer power of the Naga’s very, very long bullets. Thankfully, it is made from Orokin biopolymers, and is capable of healing and re-silencing itself. Pausing between shots for close to a second will give the silencer time to heal, while firing quick volleys will be deafening to the wielder and its targets alike.

“Healing” does not take very long, ensuring that the first shot fired from this weapon will almost always be silenced. In this way, it also rewards quick, precise snapshots. These silent shots have far higher status chance, frequently punching through modern-day Grineer with a barrage of Viral and Heat damage*.

Typically, these pistols were used for both hunting (be that Infested or Sentient forms) or various stealth operations that required something bigger and more powerful than a throwing star. In that era towards the end of the war just before the Tenno “won,” where the fate of the Orokin Empire was uncertain, the Naga was well-known for silently eliminating entire strongholds, taking out guards while kidnapping the “young and exotic” for Yuvan, and culling the ranks of the early proto-corpus “Industrialists” that the Orokin grew to despise.

A legend from the Jovian system claims that one Tenno used this pistol to end a Jovian war of secession among Corpus proto-aristocracy before it could even begin. 

Tenno Remarks

* At least, that’s what I keep on mine. ~Haruka Lorne

** Oh yeah, funny story about that. Albrecht - was it Vilcor? God, my memory is like Swiss cheese… anyway, when I was working on this, some Entrati gave me a silenced pre-space revolver from the Entrati… personal collection. For inspiration. Said something like it was used against one of the first Technocyte outbreaks. Can’t imagine it was great, the thing’s a peashooter by modern standards, and the trigger pull is so awful that I had to partially motorize it. It’s like twenty pounds! Also you can fire mine with assist off, but i don’t recommend it. ~Haruka Lorne

What’s swiss cheese? Do you mean Jarnsaxan cheese? ~Yassin

Good question. I have no idea. God,  I have the worst headache when I think about this stuff, which is weird because I’m not actually sure if I have a brain anymore. ~Haruka Lorne

STATS
Fire Rate - 2
Trigger - Semi

Magazine - 7
Reload Time - 2.4s

Normal Attacks

Damage - 117
    Impact - 19
    Slash -  42
    Puncture - 56
Crit Chance - 32%
Crit multiplier - 3.0x
Status Chance - 18%
Headshot Multiplier:
        Unscoped: 3.6x
        Scoped (2.1x zoom): 4.2x

Silenced Shots

Damage - 117
    Impact - 19
    Slash -  42
    Puncture - 56
Crit Chance - 32%
Crit multiplier - 2.8x
Status Chance - 45%
Headshot Multiplier:
        Unscoped: 3.6x
        Scoped: 4.2x

ARTIST NOTES

A redraw of old lumpy art! Seriously, shouts out to whoever told me I need to start shift-clicking. Anyway, JOYEUX ANNIVERSAIRE TO ME 

WOOOOO

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHH BABYYYYYYYYYYYYY

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR, THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT, WOOOOOO

As always, I'd like to thank everyone who's been here from the beginning, from back when it was just unstatted pencil sketches and the Pandero was considered a top-tier pistols. Shouts to @Almighty_Jado, @Teoarrk, @Neo3602@Unus, @Teridax68@keikogi,@KaffeRausch, modernmercenary (who redesigned the Fuselok. I wonder why this was so popular sometimes) @HugintheCrow (even if he probably won't respond to this tag) stellarseeker, and @BlackDiamondAce. I just want you to know that even if I partly copypasted that, even if I don't always express it, even if I seem prickly, or avoidant, or stubborn, in my own way I really do love you all, especially @Unus. Genuinely. This thread has spurred me on to make lots of fun guns, it's helped me make friends, and it's less of a nightmare than the last thing I did in this vein.

One of my greatest mistakes with the first version was not drawing out the reload, so I’ve done that here. I find it a little funny that the changes I made make it look less like a BFR and more like a cap-and-ball revolver with a scope, but in a weird sort of way, that works.

Basically, this is a Nagant scaled up to BFR size. I wanted to make something like the Hunting Revolver(s) from Fallout New Vegas, and giving it 7 rounds and a silencer seemed like a good way to make it just offbeat enough. It also bears some major influence from the Wingman revolver(s) from Titanfall and Apex. In particular, it’s inspired by the Wingman Elite, because I can’t help but associate the regular old wingman with the phenomenally unsatisfying version from Titanfall 2 (it takes two headshots to kill at point blank range! UGH).

Beyond those influences, it is also a reference to the game Spacelords. Which, sadly, I do not play anymore. Apparently, they really screwed over the game balance (wack) which is a shame because that game had phenomenally creative weapon designs that often felt less like guns and more like special moves in a fighting game.  In particular, I ripped the gimmick off almost wholesale from Doldren’s KLT-13 revolver, which is also silenceable if you aim for a short period of time. Though I shaved some stuff down for the sake of fun. For example, I tried to make “Integral suppressor” work with lethal torrent, but either a) it was too breakable and would remove a unique mechanic, b), nobody would be able to enjoy it when they didn’t have enough mod space, or c) all of the above.

I actually do have another Spacelords-inspired shotgun pistol coming SOON™ after this, so look out for that.

If you’re asking why the Nagant, that’s because very little of this is made up beyond the reload. The Nagant… is virtually the only revolver that can be silenced! This is because it uses a gas-seal system that works… well, not unlike how I described it here. A lot of the other stuff here, like its terrible trigger pull, is just me dunking on the Nagant. Did you know I wasn’t making up the part where the double-action version has a nearly twenty-pound trigger pull? Crazy stuff.

Also, the part about the “first technocyte outbreak” is a joke on Darksector’s “hammer 1895,” a Webley revolver that inexplicably fires .308 Nato rounds. The thought occurs that since mine fires something preeeeetty close to rifle rounds, it’s probably closer to how the revolver from that game would really be.

It has been a while hasn't it?

Hopefully this will be the year that DE decides to do a secondary/primary weapon design contest.

I like that you redid the Naga, I weapon that encourages you to time your shots to a particular rhythm is pretty interesting and now that I think about it something like that would be pretty fitting for Octavia.

1 hour ago, Neo3602 said:

I like that you made something for the Arbiters, I really wish that we would get a quest that involved them like the Chains of Harrow, Silver Grove, and other quests involved a specific syndicate and helped expand their lore a bit as well.

Oh my God, yes.

I have mixed feelings on syndicates cause they feel like a narrow content peninsula, but I like how they add lore to the game, how they make me think "Okay, there's other people out there fighting the good fight." But the Arbiters...

It's not just that they have nothing, it's that they're like... a story void. Everybody else has a relatively easy concept to understand, a quest that fleshes them out, or both. And it's easy to understand how they think, how they might act - Suda preserves knowledge, Red Veil does terrorism, Steel Meridian is a militia of The Good Grineer that protects the downtrodden, the Perrins are Token Good Corpus who give to charity and sabotage the rest of the Corpus, New Loka is a nature-oriented faction that craves the pure human form (which is interesting in a universe where so many people are posthuman) and... also probably does terrorism in the name of that. And we see some writings from them in Glassmaker! That was neat.

But I just... I cannot understand, for the life of me, what the Arbiters do. What's their mindset? How do they act out there? If their mindset is so Tenno-focused, are there more Tenno in their ranks? Are they a hive mind? Do they have Sentient technology and is that how their shielding technology works?

There's some lore and quotes buried deep in the railjack crew system but I shouldn't need to try that hard to find the lore.

It has been a while hasn't it?

I'm shocked every time lol.

Hopefully this will be the year that DE decides to do a secondary/primary weapon design contest.

God, I'd love that.

I like that you redid the Naga, I weapon that encourages you to time your shots to a particular rhythm is pretty interesting and now that I think about it something like that would be pretty fitting for Octavia.

Thanks so much! I didn't think about the synergy with Octavia (which is ironic because this is also a purple and blue revolver) but it makes a lot of sense when you put it that way.

Also I didn't think of it as a rhythm but that's also an excellent way to put it.

All that said though the real reason I did it is because the art is just so lumpy. That, and I gave it a hilariously bizarre reload that I never detailed (wack) so I had to fix that last part.

EDIT: Also, the next planned Steel Meridian gun is a shotgun revolver!

• Like 1

On 2023-09-20 at 9:55 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Interesting use off "spool up mechanics " , its similar to  the phage and covertrix but the way its implemented in these guns it feels more like a way to limit the weapon brust than a alternative play style.

I like guns that have unique firing mechanics , it takes the player out of the usual habits of firing on the general direction of the enemy head and fire on the middle of the group of enemies.

2 hours ago, keikogi said:

Interesting use off "spool up mechanics " , its similar to  the phage and covertrix but the way its implemented in these guns it feels more like a way to limit the weapon brust than a alternative play style.

It can be both! :)

2 hours ago, keikogi said:

I like guns that have unique firing mechanics , it takes the player out of the usual habits of firing on the general direction of the enemy head and fire on the middle of the group of enemies.

This is a big part of why... close to half (?) of the guns I've made (at least, that's how it feels) encourage aiming for the head. And why the Charbon is an "Anti-crowd-control" gun.  And the "Flow" weapons in the vein of the Strigoi Prime from awhile back, which encourages people to cast often.

I wonder what other "Flow" weapons I could make sometime...

29 minutes ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

This is a big part of why... close to half (?) of the guns I've made (at least, that's how it feels) encourage aiming for the head. And why the Charbon is an "Anti-crowd-control" gun.  And the "Flow" weapons in the vein of the Strigoi Prime from awhile back, which encourages people to cast often.

I wonder what other "Flow" weapons I could make sometime...

You can go the bpm route and give gun its theme song and massive dps buff if fired on beat ( I would do as far as to convert fire rate into base multshot on shots in thr proper tempo  ). 

You can make X busted gun that charges while holstered so we have a weapon that activity benefits from being sidelined.

A capture gun that "captures " enemies when they hit 75% HP but releases all enemies on reload. Think of ignis that captures enemies than releases them on reload ( grouped together ) 

A support incarnoon weapons where its incarnoon form kritzkrieg ubercharge. 

There is a lot of unexplored desing space giving the mechanics of rhe word and precedent opened by the incarnoons guns.

19 minutes ago, keikogi said:

You can make X busted gun that charges while holstered so we have a weapon that activity benefits from being sidelined.

Reminds me a little bit of Plan C from Destiny 1. It was... a hella underwhelming Exotic, especially because it was overshadowed as a fusion rifle by one of the most broken exotics in Destiny history, but it has extreme sentimental value for me cause 1), it was my first exotic, and 2), it just plain felt fun whipping out a virtually pre-charged Fusion Rifle.

I've done something with that same unholstering perk before, but I feel like it'd be a shame if I didn't try it again.

22 minutes ago, keikogi said:

A capture gun that "captures " enemies when they hit 75% HP but releases all enemies on reload. Think of ignis that captures enemies than releases them on reload ( grouped together ) 

oooh, that's a cool one.

22 minutes ago, keikogi said:

A support incarnoon weapons where its incarnoon form kritzkrieg ubercharge. 

....part of me wants to do an Entrati version of that but that sounds fun. Been playing a lot of Remnant 2 lately, and I really enjoy the Overflow mod with automatic weaponry lol. 

(TL; Doctor - Putting it on any automatic weapon essentially turns it into Thunderlord.)

25 minutes ago, keikogi said:

There is a lot of unexplored desing space giving the mechanics of rhe word and precedent opened by the incarnoons guns.

True. There is a lot of exploitable space. Like a gun that fits into the support niche by buffing your teammates somehow - I still have an idea for that buried somewhere called the Transfusil.

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Reminds me a little bit of Plan C from Destiny 1. It was... a hella underwhelming Exotic, especially because it was overshadowed as a fusion rifle by one of the most broken exotics in Destiny history

It's a shame when a interesting desing is overshadowed by big number go brrr.

I've done something with that same unholstering perk before, but I feel like it'd be a shame if I didn't try it again.

I think the best avenues to go whit this desing right now is either launcher or sniper. Launcher for the funniest blast radius held back by massive charge time ( up to 20 seconds , maybe reduced by reload speed). Or funny single target brust. This version  would have it's home on boss slaying and deletus button on caster build (to deal with the odd skill imune enemy )

oooh, that's a cool one.

It's probable better to count number of shots fired at an enemy or status procs so it does not effectively looses it grouping functionality in hight levels. May a n of proc or minimum hp would make sure the weapon always works as intended regardless of enemy lvl.

part of me wants to do an Entrati version of that but that sounds fun. Been playing a lot of Remnant 2 lately, and I really enjoy the Overflow mod with automatic weaponry lol. 

(TL; Doctor - Putting it on any automatic weapon

True. There is a lot of exploitable space. Like a gun that fits into the support niche by buffing your teammates somehow - I still have an idea for that buried somewhere called the Transfusil.

The problem with supports guns in warframe is that you can't make a not gun. It's not like tf2 where the decided that a shotgun was cringe and just equipped a jet pack instead. In warframe a gun has to work like a gun because hundreds gun mods only work if it is just a gun. So any support capabilities of the gun has to live in alt fire land. The biggest reason I sugested the incarnoon avenue so the player can mod the support aspectd if rhe guns. I think the book weapons will also have skill trees so there is that avenue too.

7 hours ago, keikogi said:

It's a shame when a interesting desing is overshadowed by big number go brrr.

15 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Oh, trust me - Pocket Infinity was broken in a way that's beyond numbers lol. Imagine if you could fire an Opticor in full-auto and shoot out about 13 rounds before you had to reloading. That's how broken it was.

I think the best avenues to go whit this desing right now is either launcher or sniper. Launcher for the funniest blast radius held back by massive charge time ( up to 20 seconds , maybe reduced by reload speed). Or funny single target brust. This version  would have it's home on boss slaying and deletus button on caster build (to deal with the odd skill imune enemy )

15 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

I was gonna go with a shotgun pistol, but launcher seems like a good idea. Plus, a gun for skill-immune enemies seems like a great idea.

The problem with supports guns in warframe is that you can't make a not gun. It's not like tf2 where the decided that a shotgun was cringe and just equipped a jet pack instead. In warframe a gun has to work like a gun because hundreds gun mods only work if it is just a gun. So any support capabilities of the gun has to live in alt fire land. The biggest reason I sugested the incarnoon avenue so the player can mod the support aspectd if rhe guns. I think the book weapons will also have skill trees so there is that avenue too.

Oh, no, no, no, it wasn't gonna be a non-gun. I just meant it would give health to your allies or something on headshots. It's still gotta do damage. I... don't wanna make a gun that steps too much on a Frame's toes.

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

, trust me - Pocket Infinity was broken in a way that's beyond numbers lol. Imagine if you could fire an Opticor in full-auto and shoot out about 13 rounds before you had to reloading. That's how broken it was.

Sounds rather silly

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

was gonna go with a shotgun pistol, but launcher seems like a good idea. Plus, a gun for skill-immune enemies seems like a great idea.

I do run into that problem a lo when playing garuda. Usually I'm just doing the gAruda combo but sometimes an overguard enemy ( or entire group ) and in this moment the closest we have to the delete an enemy every few seconds button  is the incarnoon vasto. 

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

no, no, no, it wasn't gonna be a non-gun. I just meant it would give health to your allies or something on headshots. It's still gotta do damage. I... don't wanna make a gun that steps too much on a Frame's toes.

Given that we have animation skeleton for flying worms you can just make a infested gun the gains health on shot and overfuard on head shot. Upon holstering the weapon it just flies off to distributes the overguard and keeps fling healing nearby Allies until it's health pool is depleted ( itnuses the health gathered to heal) 

5 hours ago, keikogi said:

Sounds rather silly

Oh extremely!
Year 1 D1 Exotic weapons just... hit different. Bungie hadn't quite nailed down "how much is too little power" (Plan C, certain f or d-tier exotics) and "Oh dear God, that's too much, you've introduced an invasive species to the meta" (Gjallarhorn, Ice Breaker, and to some extent Thorn in multiplayer.)

For context on why Thorn is there, Destiny's handcannon class - at least at the time - could normally kill in three headshots. At one point, Thorn, with its DoT, could kill in two. You see why this was a problem.

God, I did terrible things with that.

I do run into that problem a lo when playing garuda. Usually I'm just doing the gAruda combo but sometimes an overguard enemy ( or entire group ) and in this moment the closest we have to the delete an enemy every few seconds button  is the incarnoon vasto. 

It is an underserved niche, the "For Serious Enemy Break Glass" button.

Though this reminds me - did you know that Frost's armor strip actually bypasses overguard? 

Given that we have animation skeleton for flying worms you can just make a infested gun the gains health on shot and overfuard on head shot. Upon holstering the weapon it just flies off to distributes the overguard and keeps fling healing nearby Allies until it's health pool is depleted ( itnuses the health gathered to heal) 

Possibly, but I... dunno. There was this one sniper rifle in Borderlands 1 that gave health to your teammates. I liked the principle behind that - You shoot someone, it supports the team. 

Course, I'd probably make it a battle rifle.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

extremely!
Year 1 D1 Exotic weapons just... hit different. Bungie hadn't quite nailed down "how much is too little power" (Plan C, certain f or d-tier exotics) and "Oh dear God, that's too much, you've introduced an invasive species to the meta" (Gjallarhorn, Ice Breaker, and to some extent Thorn in multiplayer.)

For context on why Thorn is there, Destiny's handcannon class - at least at the time - could normally kill in three headshots. At one point, Thorn, with its DoT, could kill in two. You see why this was a problem.

God, I did terrible things with that.

Gjalhorm is so infamous that even a non destiny player knows aboutbl it. 

context on why Thorn is there, Destiny's handcannon class - at least at the time - could normally kill in three headshots. At one point, Thorn, with its DoT, could kill in tw

The dot was really good them kf it could match the damage of an extra shot.

is an underserved niche, the "For Serious Enemy Break Glass" button.

Warframe just does not has the ammo economy to suport this kind of bfg or magnum ( resident evil ) style weapon.  But there are a few avenues for it . A entrati pistol that does not have ammo, and can't gain ammo normally. Instead it gais 1 charge per player kill or assists and cost 5 charge per shot.  Would be a rather neat implementation and be in line with faction mechanics.

A sentient or corpus weapon that stores rhe energy the player used to w.power its next shot. A weapon that has Volt passive but good.

A wrist mounted infested weapon thar bites down on the user every 5 to 10 seconds to increase the power of the current magazine ( 3 to 6 bites for maximum power ) 

For the grineer I don't really see a angle,  maybe it just costs a lot off ammo to fire , something silly like 200 ammo.

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Possibly, but I... dunno. There was this one sniper rifle in Borderlands 1 that gave health to your teammates. I liked the principle behind that - You shoot someone, it supports the team. 

Course, I'd probably make it a battle rifle.

Make sure it offers more than just healing because operators kinda of patch out the need for heals on a team and we already precedent for stronger team wide support from weapons with stynax Spear gun giving ammo and firing rate.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've got another gun in the pipeline. Unfortunately, it's just a really fast assault rifle-LMG hybrid, which doesn't feel very interesting, so I'm keeping it on the backburner for now, so I can upload it later.

In the meantime, here's more Fluffy Timeline lore:

Atlas of the Origin System, 11th Edition:

Uunzo 

(Pronounced “oon-ZO,” slang for “unincorporated zone.”)

Uunzo is not a polity (though they’re trying!) in the same way as SIF space, Free Moon of Ganymede territory, Dziewanna, or Bidan, or even Tenno fiefdoms.

Rather, it’s something more like Tsikuri’s Gaze, in that it’s an area that - in the turbulent two years or so since the Narmer War - has proven impossible to truly possess. 

Static borders are a much, much harder thing to map in space, as the centers of population and commerce are constantly on the move, always shifting position. Nonetheless, on static maps, Uunzo is rendered as a purple slice out of Jupiter, featuring numerous moons that have slipped from Corpus control. Sometimes, Ganymede is - as an insult - included within this slice of unincorporated territory.

In the wake of the Narmer War, as the Tenno returned and Veils were ripped from head after head through various means, scattered moons in the Jovian system rose up in bloody, violent rebellion to oust the Veiled fanatics that had proven no less oppressive than the Corpus.

…and, much to the surprise of the Corpus, they didn’t go back to work.

Unlike the Venusian Solaris, who needed to maintain the terraforming engines and thus stay planetside, (though they negotiated better work contracts) the workers of what would become Uunzo had little tying them to Corpus orthodoxy. And so a large swathe of the Jovians - once a second capital to the Corpus - became uncontrollable territory. At any given moment, Uunzo is in a three-way battle between Ganymede, Corpus, various independent armies and revolutionary factions, and Narmer, partially egged on by Grineer who would love nothing more than a foothold in the Jovians that they could use to stage raids in Corpus space.

Curiously, Narmer troops in this sector are often found with lots of surplus Corpus gear. It’s been theorized by most of Uunzo’s revolutionaries that the Corpus figured that Narmer’s fanaticism and violence was less of an existential threat to their lifestyle than a successful revolution.

Uunzo encompasses roughly 15-20% of the Jovians, including:

• Europa

• The site of a Narmer base - namely, because Narmer are treated like the pondscum of the Origin System, and Europa was one of the only places they could hold. It’s a cold, miserable moon that the Corpus mostly use for water and mining, and so it’s only slightly harder for Corpus to survive there.

Frustratingly, the Narmer troops have made massive archeological discoveries, finding treasure troves of Orokin archeotech under the surfaces, using it as a weapons development lab. 

• Pasiphae

• Pasiphae is a debatable case, as it’s the one major Corpus stronghold here… barely. It’s also the site of one of the oldest (surviving) settlements of the Origin System, Minoa, which was evidently an important trade port for an ancient empire known only as “The Joyful” - likely a mistranslation of an ancient term for the Jovian system.

…And even then, its ruling council is heavily weighted by Perrin Sequence members who are outright trying to use their money and influence to keep the Corpus from truly recapturing Uunzo.

• Sinope

• Originally a Level Dawn stronghold and shipyard, Sinope threw its lot in with Ganymede (somewhat to the Pyrite Hand’s dismay) almost immediately, the first member state in what Ganymede dubbed the Free Moons Alliance.

• Callirrhoe

• A stronghold held by Pyrite Hand and Level Dawn.

• Autonoe

•  Megaclite

•  Iocaste

• Himalia

• Harpalyke

• Kalyke

• Leda

Not included are other moons and asteroids, and various space stations and/or orbitals above moons.

Author Notes

* Because really, there’s not much interesting on Europa.

• Like 2

Progress Updort

1. Had to make an edit to the Depezador Prime (I'm beginning to think I have a problem) because whatever was going on in back there bothered me Just uh.... assume that thing in the general area of the hammer curls back into the gun slightly. Or that it moves back. Or that the knobs on the side move back, possibly with it. Or something.

I feel like we've long since passed the point of having logical, sane revolver hammers in this game, but I didn't like how flimsy the original looked.depezador_prime__2021_re_edit__by_fluffy
  2. Also, I'm probably gonna upload a new Tenno gun tomorrow. I don't have any others. After that, though... who knows? It might be nice to make another Grineer or Corpus gun, and there is that one Grineer pistol I copied from the Kett in Mass Effect Andromeda that everyone wanted. Damn, the gimmick for that one took awhile to hammer out. Much like DE, I'm not in a position where "new Grineer assault rifle or shotgun type that does NOTHING WEIRD!" feels easy to do, because the power level is so... so... so very high up.

3. It's felt intuitive to have Tenno guns do Something Weird, like increasing critical damage on headshots (oh hey, that's the Depezador) but I might have to put some perks like that on Grineer weapons to make them relevant. Nothing quite as offbeat as headshot explosions though.

4. I might do a rework of some of the battle rifles I did awhile back. Those are the troubled siblings of this thread, in the sense that they're all so similar and require lots of work. I'm thinking I might convert one to full-auto and include an auto-charge damage bonus for zooming in, to simulate semiauto fire. 

• Like 1

Tenno 'Clairon' Assault Rifle

“A fast-firing Tenno assault rifle fed from a magazine above the barrel. This weapon was originally meant to become the standard Tenno assault rifle in the later era of the Old War, but a combination of poor quality and questionable Orokin logistics put an end to that.”

Special Traits:
Gunrunner: Bonus movement speed across the board - ADS,swap speed. Can be fired while running.

Explosive Ideas: Headshot kills with this weapon cause enemies to explode, with the damage type of the explosion based on the health type of enemies killed. Killing an enemy on flesh deals slash, killing an enemy through 

Notes: Has higher muzzle climb and spread than Soma Prime and Tenora Prime, but less muzzle climb than the Haoma.

tenno__clairon__assault_rifle_by_fluffyw

Lore:

This fast-firing Tenno rifle exists as something of a mid-road between assault rifle, LMG, and SMG - in fact, it's a descendant of the caseless 'Hyron' SMG, renowned for its own fast fire rate. It has a fire rate that rivals if not beats some LMGs, but slightly lower overall damage, crit rate, and status chance.

It has more predictable vertical recoil than other LMGs like the Tenora and Soma (and their respective Primes) though due to its fire rate, its recoil climbs faster than that of the Haoma assault rifle. In addition, its compact size allows it to be used at much closer ranges than its counterparts.

Unfortunately, the reload is somewhat more awkward. And while it has high magazine size, it can’t quite sustain suppressive fire in the same way as the Tenora Prime, Soma Prime, or Prisma Gorgon. Especially when they’ve been fitted with Incarnon adapters.

There’s two things that make it unique however: Firstly, it increases mobility due to its compact size and lowered weight, allowing users to run, parkour, and bullet jump faster, and it can also be swapped to and aimed down sights faster(1).

Secondly, headshot kills with this weapon cause enemies to explode, dealing damage based in part on the basic damage type vulnerabilities of the health type it hits. For example, killing something right through its shield does impact damage, killing a flesh enemy does slash damage, and killing an armored enemy does puncture damage(2).

These two traits made it widely loved among the Orokin “Imperial marines,” a fledgling interior military service made to fight other spaceborne human or human-like enemies, such as “wild” grineer, Corpus privateers, other pirates, breakaway states, Oeizu, and others. It was even used in the siege of Tsikuri’s Gate, deployed against the Exodites that sought to use Tsikuri’s wormhole gate to escape orokin rule as the so-called “marines” broke into ships, laying down high volumes of fire with this weapon and creating devastating explosions in the tight quarters of each exodite ship. 

Artist footnotes:

1. It’s a little bit of a shame that WF is so powercrept that people probably wouldn’t mod into these or talk the stats up if DE tried to mod that. No wonder they had to add in incarnons, everyone’s crit build is the goddamned same!

…Except the Gotva, probably.

2. Giving it the ability to do gas damage explosions didn’t seem like a good idea. Plus, we already have the Tarvoss for bullpup assault rifle guaranteed status shenanigans..

Stats

Reload: 3.3s

Trigger: Auto

Magazine Size: 100

Fire Rate: 13.4

Damage: 23

8.2 Impact

5.4 Puncture

10.4 Slash

Status Chance: 27%

Crit Chance: 27%

Crit Multiplier: 2.4x

Headshot Multiplier: 3.15x

Headshot Kill Explosion:

Damage: 360

240 Puncture/slash/Impact

120 blast

Status Chance: 45%

Artist Notes:

Predictably, I was in a Masamune Shirow mood as I made this. I wanted to make something that felt like a P90-FAMAS hybrid. Unfortunately I couldn’t make that one work - it didn’t seem easy to load a P90 mag under the carry handle, and I liked the sharpness of the open-ended carry handle-looking thing.

The headshot kill explosion originally went on the Haoma, something I drew awhile back, but I didn’t see why not to add this to an assault rifle, so I didn’t see why not.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Clairon' Assault Rifle

“A fast-firing Tenno assault rifle fed from a magazine above the barrel. This weapon was originally meant to become the standard Tenno assault rifle in the later era of the Old War, but a combination of poor quality and questionable Orokin logistics put an end to that.”

Special Traits:
Gunrunner: Bonus movement speed across the board - ADS,swap speed. Can be fired while running.

Explosive Ideas: Headshot kills with this weapon cause enemies to explode, with the damage type of the explosion based on the health type of enemies killed. Killing an enemy on flesh deals slash, killing an enemy through 

Notes: Has higher muzzle climb and spread than Soma Prime and Tenora Prime, but less muzzle climb than the Haoma.

tenno__clairon__assault_rifle_by_fluffyw

Lore:

This fast-firing Tenno rifle exists as something of a mid-road between assault rifle, SMG, and LMG. It has a fire rate that rivals if not beats some LMGs, but slightly lower overall damage, crit rate, and status chance.

It has more predictable vertical recoil than other LMGs like the Tenora and Soma (and their respective Primes) though due to its fire rate, its recoil climbs faster than that of the Haoma assault rifle. In addition, its compact size allows it to be used at much closer ranges than its counterparts.

Unfortunately, the reload is somewhat more awkward. And while it has high magazine size, it can’t quite sustain suppressive fire in the same way as the Tenora Prime, Soma Prime, or Prisma Gorgon. Especially when they’ve been fitted with Incarnon adapters.

There’s two things that make it unique however: Firstly, it increases mobility due to its compact size and lowered weight, allowing users to run, parkour, and bullet jump faster, and it can also be swapped to and aimed down sights faster(1).

Secondly, headshot kills with this weapon cause enemies to explode, dealing damage based in part on the basic damage type vulnerabilities of the health type it hits. For example, killing something right through its shield does impact damage, killing a flesh enemy does slash damage, and killing an armored enemy does puncture damage(2).

These two traits made it widely loved among the Orokin “Imperial marines,” a fledgling interior military service made to fight other spaceborne human or human-like enemies, such as “wild” grineer, Corpus privateers, other pirates, breakaway states, Oeizu, and others. It was even used in the siege of Tsikuri’s Gate, deployed against the Exodites that sought to use Tsikuri’s wormhole gate to escape orokin rule as the so-called “marines” broke into ships, laying down high volumes of fire with this weapon and creating devastating explosions in the tight quarters of each exodite ship. 

Artist footnotes:

1. It’s a little bit of a shame that WF is so powercrept that people probably wouldn’t mod into these or talk the stats up if DE tried to mod that. No wonder they had to add in incarnons, everyone’s crit build is the goddamned same!

…Except the Gotva, probably.

2. Giving it the ability to do gas damage explosions didn’t seem like a good idea. Plus, we already have the Tarvoss for bullpup assault rifle guaranteed status shenanigans..

Stats

Reload: 3.3s

Trigger: Auto

Magazine Size: 100

Fire Rate: 13.4

Damage: 23

8.2 Impact

5.4 Puncture

10.4 Slash

Status Chance: 27%

Headshot Multiplier: 3.15x

Headshot Kill Explosion:

Damage: 360

240 Puncture/slash/Impact

120 blast

Status Chance: 45%

Artist Notes:

Predictably, I was in a Masamune Shirow mood as I made this. I wanted to make something that felt like a P90-FAMAS hybrid. Unfortunately I couldn’t make that one work - it didn’t seem easy to load a P90 mag under the carry handle, and I liked the sharpness of the open-ended carry handle-looking thing.

The headshot kill explosion originally went on the Haoma, something I drew awhile back, but I didn’t see why not to add this to an assault rifle, so I didn’t see why not.

Looks fun the head shot explosion damage being different depending on the enemy killed is interesting. 

Also I feel the line about everyone's crit build being the same, it would be nice if we got a mod rework that opened up build variety a bit more, but I can see why DE is hesitant  to do that since it would be a massive undertaking and likely cause some complaining regardless of what they did.

Looks fun the head shot explosion damage being different depending on the enemy killed is interesting. 

Thanks! :) I'm hoping it could spur people to be selective with how they aim, and also to potentially make this a weird crit-status hybrid by adding in Galvanized Aptitude for lots of damage post-kill. The explosion has lots of status chance.

Also I feel the line about everyone's crit build being the same, it would be nice if we got a mod rework that opened up build variety a bit more, but I can see why DE is hesitant  to do that since it would be a massive undertaking and likely cause some complaining regardless of what they did.

I'd love that tbh. The biggest problem with how mods in this game work is...

There's so many required mods, and crit builds are dependent on the same two. Relatively. You gotta have damage mods and multishot (though there's some people who use Galvanized Aptitude instead, but I've never been able to stomach that for some reason) so that's two slots filled up, and if you want a crit build, you gotta have the two crit mods. Likely also Hunter Munitions, particularly on the Soma Prime cause why wouldn't  I want nigh-guaranteed slash procs? Which leaves me with one free mod slot after putting on a combined element.

...Though I will admit, I did like how the changes to mods like Critical Deceleration made me ask "is it worth it to nearly double my crit chance on the Corinth" (it is lol) and Galvanized Diffusion on pistols opened up a lot of free space. Now I have an actually unique build on my Tombfinger secondary and Vasto Prime!

(Well, the second one's not that unique, but it's not Hornet Strike, Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, one combined element, Riven - I exchanged Lethal Torrent for heat damage. Fun stuff. Lots of Dot.)

I think things could be made a lot more interesting with some dual-stat mods that can't be used in conjunction with the "main" crit mods. What about a pistol crit mod that does... I dunno, less than 187% (let's say 150?%) crit chance, but gives punch-through or some other beneficial stat?

• Like 1

So, normally you'd get a new weapon right about now, but... I've hit a bit of a stumbling block. I like totally forgot to consult @Unus about his weapon design for several months (sorry), and I've got a couple weapon ideas I've been trying to hash out. Unfortunately, due to a combination of factors... that's not happening. There's a pistol I'm working on that, while cool, feels a little too close to the handcannon role of the last pistol I uploaded. Same for the other two pistols i could release at any time. Also, I came up with a great physical design for a Grineer battle rifle, but it just... it's not hitting. I don't know how to describe it. The design is good, but the gimmicks simply aren't hitting. I also had another idea for a Hexis weapon, but that's not coming either.

So with that in mind, have an enemy design.

Void Chymerae

img_6535__1__by_fluffywolf36_dgcpva7-pre

(artist depiction by Yasp Mkuvi, Ostron. Described by the artist as such: "the worst thing I've seen in this or any other life. All screaming faces, recognizable as Grineer, Corpus, Infested, and… some things I couldn’t name. It looked like it had skin at a distance, but once you looked close… I couldn’t describe it. It was like flesh, liquid, and metal all at once.")

“I fear nothing, but that? Fear is not the word. To stare at it is to feel… an abhorrence beyond words. A kind of offense and disgust on behalf of all reality, as if sanity itself abhores the dreadful thing.”

Thane McCrinn, Tenno

Abilities:

Xata’s Mirror: When one of its tentacles touches an enemy or Tenno, it takes and copies a Helminth-subsumable ability for a short period of time… while also restoring the health of the enemies it touches. These abilities are noticeably weaker. For example, Blood Altars it creates on either Tenno or nearby enemies are destructible, and abilities that have any invulnerability... just add overguard. They also have shorter duration.

Also, it can't use mind control, the Sleep status, or anything particularly unfair on Tenno. I just... no. Just no. Meanwhile, Helminthing Lycath's Hunt is, if anything, helpful to Tenno.

Oull Fold: Is capable of extraordinary bursts of speed, rushing from one end of a tileset to another.

Khra Vitality: Provides random buffs to enemies in proximity - Health, elemental damage, ability range, etc.

Attacks with a series of beams that bend and converge into a single attack... and have obvious "telegraphs" it lets loose from numerous mouths.

Role

The idea behind this is to be something like Bioshock Infinite's Heavy Hitters and/or a miniboss. It has three damage phases, similar to Void Angels. Wearing one form down puts it in a brief, always-regenerating "rage" state where it tries to attack Warframes (with obvious telegraphs) with the sole purpose of gaining abilities. This can be stopped by attacking it  with void damage... or just enough regular old damage, as hitting it with enough damage during this threshold will stagger it.

After the rage state is over, it loses that health bar permanently.

Lore

Sightings of Void Chymerae - so named because of their tendency to steal aspects of things they touch - date back to an era not long after the disappearance of Albrecht Entrati, often found during catastrophic ship failures midway through void transit, in addition to Void Fissures in recent years.

These… creatures, or phenomena, take the form of a floating tentacle sphere of what appears to be roiling organic material at first glance, but upon closer inspection more resembles the Voidsilver found in the Zariman and other locations bombarded by the void, particularly in Veil Proxima or Orokin fortresses near the void rifts that border the Origin System.

They emit a constant whisper of nonsense words.  Common wisdom among Far Black scavengers that see them while scavenging near Void rifts is that trying to understand their incantation will absorb you into its form like the other poor souls that compose its body, or Corrupt you as well.

Chymerae - as none are really sure if they’re a single creature - are often found near areas of high void energy (though they emit fields of this energy as well) allying themselves with Corrupted. When in proximity to enemies, they extend the duration of Void rifts, and randomly “fix” things within their zone of effect, adding Overguard or restoring health, and often taking on aspects of enemies near them. A Void Chymerae that Corrupts a Nox will have similar abilities, such as causing gas damage.

The Pyrite Hand hackerpunk Mad Spoon suggest that these represent a kind of aberration in the very “code” of reality - if one considers the laws of physics to be encoded rules - that randomly “fix” certain “errors” in reality. They then postulate that the parameters for “fixing” something have somehow been damaged by Orokin imposing law upon the Void.

For example, a surviving Corpus crewmember was Corrupted in close proximity to one, and - once the Void energy had been bled from him - he was found to be colorblind.

For those who find themselves fighting Void-Corrupted (as opposed to those overridden by the Neural Sentry and pumped full of Void energy) these things, on the rare occasions they surface, are an absolute nightmare. Corrupted are already anointed by the Void with unnatural strength, and a Void Chymerae grants them frightening resilience.

Artist Notes:

Hey look @Teoarrk, it's MORE MAD SPOON

YEAH BOYIE

With special thanks to Jack Kincaid, who is friends with Albrecht Entrati’s voice actor and probably part of the reason they used Nine Inch Nails here. We’ve talked before! Good guy. Jack is the writer of the podcast Edict Zero: FIS, and a considerable percentage of its cast. He voices Dockstader, the beloved CAPTAIN SOCRATES, MAN WITH A PAN, the Ambassador(s), and several background roles I can’t remember off the top of my head. Stefan Rudnicki, on the other hand, voices Priam.  I’m not giving you context because anyone besides Dockstader would require… tons of spoilers. 

Anyway, this is based on an idea found in that show.

• Like 2