Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fluffy's warframe concepts - weapons and enemies! (Newest concept - 𝑻𝒆𝒏𝒏𝒐 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒈𝒖𝒏!!)

(XBOX)Fluffywolf36

Since I have a shotgun coming that has about 69% more (nice) damage than the Meatmaker, it'll be receiving a few buffs.

Critical Chance buffed from 20 to 22.
Critical Multiplier changed from 2.2x to 2.3x
Altfire speed buffed to 9.83, with Punchthrough increased to 2.2 meters. A.k.a, a Quartakk with Primed Shred
Duckbill choke removed. 

It's still going to have the possibility to hit harder than my favorite canon shotguns (and various semiauto and/or pump shotguns I've made, like the Tenebrae) but honestly, it's got 800 damage and it was always gonna be hampered by its wide spread. Plus, those have more rounds and less spread.

On 2020-12-11 at 10:58 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Homemade 'MEATMAKER' Shotgun

homemade__meatmaker__shotgun_by_fluffywo

Homemade ‘Meatmaker’ Shotgun

“This weapon was originally intended to be a cheap break-open rifle. Now it’s a four-headed monster of a shotgun with wide spread, that can either fire its barrels one at a time, or let loose all of them at once. It is either named for the fact that anyone hit with it will meet their maker... or that anyone hit by it is reduced to a raw, meaty paste. In the dialects of the impoverished rockhoppers and others that use it, it could honestly be either one."
--Codex

Special Traits: 
Knockback - headshots or hits with 12< pellets inflict the Ragdoll status effect on them. Using altfire while standing on the ground inflicts minor stagger due to high recoil. 

Buckshot Jump - Using altfire while in midair acts as a second (or third) jump, as you're thrown in the direction of the recoil. Has slightly decreased spread in midair. 
Duckbill Choke: spread is in a horizontal diamond shape.

Lore

There’s plenty of people in the rocky expanse of the outer gas giant sectors, who are simply too poor to afford a satisfactory firearm. For those poor rockhoppers that prospect the Rings of gas giants and trawl the storms of Jupiter for rare elements and sell them to Grineer or Corpus or other buyers, the tools of the trade come first… and self-defense often comes second.

The Meatmaker is the solution to that - the best shotgun for those who can only afford the worst. A double-action, break-open shotgun made from four “retired” autocannon barrels welded to a break-open mechanism originally built for homemade anti-materiel rifles, and using sawed-down casings filled with pellets, this weapon fires up to 16 pellets from each barrel…. and can let loose a massive storm of shot by firing every barrel at once. As its users are typically spacers, Meatmaker shotguns are rarely built with wood. The furniture is often made of epoxy, bioplastics, graphite, plastid dust, or pipe insulation, and often secured with screws and wiring.

Originally designed as single-action, it was later rebuilt toa double-action mechanism to allow for a more rifle-like straight stock, which helps manage its punishing recoil. This gives it a lower fire rate, but much better recoil control. While it uses larger-caliber shells than most Tenno or Grineer  shotguns, it barely has any more overall power (a/n: critical power and chance) than them due to lower-quality propellant. It also has wider spread due to its wider, shorter barrels. It also doesn’t have a choke, so it can use more specialty ammo. 

On paper, it looks like it has completely unilateral advantages over shotguns like the Hek, Tenebrae, Corinth. However - it has wider spread, worse critical stats, and shorter range. Though it has better critical stats. Think of it as sort of a mid-road between status and crit shotguns… just with wider spread. Meanwhile, while it has almost twice the base damage of the Strun Wraith, the Strun has tighter spread, more status, and more consistency. While the Meatmaker does more damage if you manage to land every shot on a target… good luck with that. But at least you won’t miss.

The Meatmaker bears a unique history. The weapon that would become the Meatmaker was first constructed on the moon Himalia, by a loose collaboration of machine shops and artisans known as Sabal Works. In the midst of a Grineer invasion, and facing limited support from the Corpus Board, the isolated Himalians on the frontline of the invasion found themselves with an overabundance of Grineer ammo, and an inability to break the computerized target interlocks preventing them from firing it.

The result was a break-open weapon chambered for Grineer HMG and autocannon rounds, built to be cheap, simple, and inexpensive until someone figured out how to break the target interlocks. 

Then, one day, someone received a Griner autocannon barrel that had worn out its rifling. And, they realized, quite suddenly, they could make a shotgun shell fit into said barrel. And then they decided to add three more barrels. The result was the Meatmaker.

This design of the rifle was later co-opted by Infested cultists into a weapon sold as a hybrid of simplistic engineering and advanced Tenno technology. But that’s another story.

Sound Notes
Has a noticeable echo after being fired, and sounds like it might shake itself apart when altfiring.

Stats

• Ammo Type: Shotgun
  • Magazine: 4
  • Reload: 2.4s (NOTE: takes 0.2 seconds to open, 0.2 to close, and 0.4 to load shell by shell)

Primary Fire

• Accuracy: 5.9
  • Trigger: Semi
  • Fire Rate: 1.8
  • Damage: 800 (50 damage per pellet)
    • 480 Slash
    • 240 Impact
    • 80 Puncture
  • Pellets: 16
  • Critical chance: 22%
  • Critical multiplier: 2.3x
  • Status chance: %
  • Punch-Through: 0.8m
  • Falloff
    • Full Damage up to 12m
    • Min Damage at 36m
    • 80% max reduction

Secondary Fire:

• Accuracy: 5.1
  • Trigger: Burst
  • Burst Count: 4*
  • Fire Rate: 8.33**
  • Damage: 800 (50 damage per pellet)
    • 480 Slash
    • 240 Impact
    • 80 Puncture
  • Pellets: 16
  • Critical chance: 20%
  • Critical multiplier: 2.2x
  • Status chance: 6%
  • Punch-Through: 0.8m
  • Falloff
    • Full Damage up to 12m
    • Min Damage at 36m***
    • 80% max reduction

Special Traits: 
Knockback - headshots or hits with 12< pellets inflict the Ragdoll status effect on them. Using altfire while standing on the ground inflicts minor stagger due to high recoil. 
Buckshot Jump - Using altfire while in midair acts as a second (or third) jump, as you're thrown in the direction of the recoil. Has slightly decreased spread in midair. 
Duckbill Choke: spread is in a horizontal diamond shape.

Build/stat notes:

• *This isn’t determined by magazine size. Not a good idea.
  • **  It’s (relatively) the same as the Quartakk cause it takes into account burst delay and stuff. If you somehow increase the magazine size by a lot, either with the Void Buff or mods, there’s a delay between firing all four barrels. If I give this enough of a fire rate, people will exploit it for ridiculous stopping power.
  • *** This is more to throw it a bone - it’s already got wide spread, I don’t need to hobble it too badly.
  • Self-stagger isn’t that much of a factor - at worst, it only adds a fraction of a second to reload time. While it can use Cautious Shot, the best Exilus mod for this would probably be Narrow Barrel, because the Meatmaker actually has excellent falloff stats relative to its power. It just doesn’t have the ability to properly take advantage of that due to its high spread.

Artist notes:

Literally just the Doomstick from Killing Floor. 

The best worst thing about this thread is that I’m willing to use REAL FIREARM stuff. So on the one hand, a lot of it isn’t quite weird enough for Warframe standards. Other hand, I like having that slight touch of groundedness that makes it feel relatively believable. I don’t think you necessarily needed to know that this is double-action, but it makes me feel better that I do.

As usual, I’m walking a fine line while making improvised ballistic firearms. I don’t want to make anything that looks too much like it’d really exist, it needs just that Warframe-ish sense of absurdity and size. Ideally, nothing here should look too much like it’d be real. Except the Elysium because that’s the joke.

I actually take a lot of inspiration from the firearms of Metro for this. We all love the improvised guns of that series, but… logically? Nobody would make the Bastard with its harmonica magazine, they’d make something much closer to the Borz SMG. But that’s not very fun. That’s not distinctive. It gives Metro a more unique style. A style which is honestly kind of hilarious to mix with Warframe.

The receiver of this weapon is based on the Serbu RN-50, which I totally will use again, specifically for the Infested version of the rifle. SOON™. Wait, I can just type ™ on this new computer and I spent all that time puzzling out how to do it for nothing? WHAT

You’re not going to get the uninfested rifle this was built from because it’s pretty unremarkable in every way. It’d be like adding, say, a single-barrel break-open shotgun into Call of Duty. Sure, you could, but there just wouldn’t be much of a point because there’s no role it’d serve where it wouldn’t be outclassed by literally anything. It’d be the poor man’s Vectis.

Edited by (XBOX)Fluffywolf36

22 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

This is the shotgun coming up that I mentioned! Here's hoping the MEATMAKER'S deceptively good crit serves it well to balance it alongside this thing.

unknown.png

Heh, it certainly has a meaty appearance in it’s aesthetics. Center-cut magazine, bacon barrels, t-bone buttstock, and a sausage wire-insulator.

3 hours ago, Unus said:

Heh, it certainly has a meaty appearance in it’s aesthetics. Center-cut magazine, bacon barrels, t-bone buttstock, and a sausage wire-insulator.

About part of that - it reloads like the Quartakk. :P Also, this thing is... how do I put this...

Imagine it like the plasma cutter but with shotgun barrels instead of plasma emitters.

Also heh. Yeah, I guess it does look meaty XD. Guess that works!

Grineer 'Laikan' Shotgun

grineer__laikan__shotgun_by_fluffywolf36

“Four-round-burst shotgun that hurls a twenty-pellet wall of buckshot. Switches between horizontal and vertical spread. One shot in the burst always does bonus damage, rotating in a clockwise pattern.”

Primary Fire: Spread - Fires in a horizontal spread pattern, allowing it to hit multiple enemies with one shot. You’re only likely to get about a third of it on one enemy.
Secondary Fire: Choke - Fires in a vertical spread pattern. This has massive recoil and visual muzzle climb.

Special Traits:

Sikaaht Happens - With each shot fired, one round in the burst will do +20% bonus damage, moving from barrel to barrel in a clockwise pattern. There is no reason for this. It just does.

Lore

Normally I’d put this in artist notes, but: It’s Lycus’ Spinning Coin shotgun (which is basically the Plasma Cutter in shotgun form) combined with his other shotgun, S#&amp;&#036; Happens. Built on the same platform as a Quartakk, this shotgun uses that rifle’s extremely fast four-round burst to let loose a massive wall of shot in a vaguely diamond-shaped pattern. Each barrel is equipped with a duckbill choke that flattens the spread ever so slightly.

The Laikan was designed by a Grineer Savant likely suffering from undiagnosed (or acceptable amounts of) Clone Rot and brain tumors, after they found an ancient Quadrille shotgun in the ruins of Setebos. Likely due to said Clone Rot, they were under the impression the barrel was the magazine and fed into the four magazine tubes. Using a surplus Quartakk to rebuild the weapon to Grineer standards, they soon misaligned the barrels into something of a diamond shape, giving the weapon both horizontal and vertical spread.

Against all odds, this seemingly insane design decision paid off for the Grineer. The wide spreads gave it high utility against swarming Infested, and the vertical spreads gave it high single-target damage, at the cost of massive recoil.

In the close quarters of Gas City service corridors, asteroid mines, and spaceships, this powerful shotgun has extreme utility. In a hallway, nothing can dodge a full spread… and few things can survive a vertical spread.

Its main weaknesses are its low fire rate, its range, and its reload speed. 

Unique Mods: 

Flak Shells: Replaces bullets with Kuva drakgoon flak. This has moderate damage falloff, to compensate for the wall of pellets.

Enemies

‘Laikan’ Augis: Advances slowly with a shield, often using a “charge” attack to jump towards you. Within melee range, they switch to the Graal.…Keep your distance from these. The name of the game with the an Augis is to keep your distance. They’ll make that very difficult.

‘Laikan’  Koloss: these Grineer use the Laikan to turn any hall or room into an obstacle course. With knockback. Compared to the Augis, they use actual cover, and can deploy Blunts. To kill them, you should probably get closer.

Stats

Magazine: 16
Accuracy: God Only Knows!
Trigger: Burst
Burst Fire Rate: 12
Burst Delay: 0.9s
Burst Count: 4
Pellet Count: 5 (Total Pellets per shot - 20)
Damage: 325 (Total Damage - 1300)
195 Impact
100 Slash
30 Puncture
Crit Chance: 13%
Crit Multiplier: 2.0x
Reload: 3s
Falloff: 
Full Damage Up to 12m
Min Damage at 24m
50% Max Reduction
Punch-Through: 0.3

Artist Notes:
...this is the most hideous firearm I've ever designed. I decided to actively try to be less precise, using the magic wand tool and seeing what textures came out... and in a weird way, I feel like both of those things make it a perfect Grineer firearm.

Unlike usual, there isn't much to say this time. I just... really wanted to homage the Spinning Coin and S#&amp;&#036; Happens. While I don't play Spacelords as much as I... okay, I don't play it at all, I went through this weird spell where I didn't touch it, then they changed up the meta and now I'm not sure what the game's about.

But I treasure the time I spent playing it.

Mostly because I spent most of that looking at Ginebra's butt.  I regret nothing.

• Like 3

SIDEARMORY 2 ELECTION BLUE-GALOO

So, I have another explosive sidearm planned. I'm pretty sure you can guess what that means I'll do - less than 7 rounds, radial damage, etc. However, there's two questions I have to ask:

1. Is it too powerful compared to one of the various launcher pistols I made?
  2. Is it weaker than the Estampida on headshots?

It's spurred me decided to do some fine-tuning on various pistols of the thread. First off, the Vos Plasmoid. Which I, like... totally forgot about.  I'm worried it just... won't have enough damage or advantages compared to this upcoming pistol.

So I added some. 

Vos Plasmoid Buffs

Critical multiplier buffed to 2.1x
Critical chance buffed to 28%, status chance reduced to 18%.
Blast Radius buffed to 3.6m.
Projectiles now have larger hitboxes. Not enough that you'll get a headshot if you aim for the center of the chest or so, but more that you'll get one if your shot ends up closer to the neck.
Guaranteed magnetic proc has been removed because it's just... not important.
no self-stagger while aiming down sights.

On 2019-07-12 at 1:39 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Corpus 'Vos Plasmoid' Plasma Grenade Pistol

corpus__vos_plasmoid__plasma_grenade_pis

Vos Armaments presents the Vos Plasmoid! This revolver-styled pistol is named for its plasmoid bomblets that explode on contact. Unlike other Corpus revolvers, it is not demonstrable proof the Void Mind is real and hates you!”

Mag: 5
Status chance: 18%
Trigger: Charge
Critical Chance: 28%
Critical Multiplier: 2.1x
Blast Radius: 3.6m
Damage: 177
    Heat: 79
    Magnetic: 26 
    Blast: 61
    Impact: 11
Fire Rate: 1.25 (NOTE: This is balanced for Lethal Torrent. Because it’s always there)
Reload Time: 2s
Non-Hitscan
Velocity: (No idea, but slower than the Estampida)

Special Traits:
Plasmoid Envelope: Plasma bomblets explode on impact, dealing two status effects per hit in a 3.2 meter radius in a manner similar to the Astilla.
Accuracy: It does NOT, in fact, fire its projectiles in a perfect triangle.

Naga
Critical chance increased to 2.7x. It's not much, but... why not, right? I wanted to give it 2.8x, but all honesty? I think I've undercut the Pandero enough.

On 2019-05-02 at 9:16 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Naga' Gas-Seal Revolver

tenno__naga__hunting_revolver_by_haruaxe

“Prey on their fear, move like an animal, and feel the kill with the gas-seal Naga revolver. Pace your fire rate for precise, silent shots, or fire rapidly to clear entire rooms.

STATS

Damage - 81
        Puncture - 41
        Slash - 27
        Impact - 13

Crit Chance - 26%
Crit multiplier - 2.8x
Status Chance - 14%
Capacity - 7
Reload Time - 2s
Fire Rate - 6.0
Trigger - Semi

special mechanics

Integral Suppressor - Waiting 0.8 seconds between shots will silence the next shot fired. This is represented by a charge-like icon within the reticle.
   (NOTE: This is not affected by Lethal Torrent. It just didn’t work. More on that later in artist notes)

Headshot Bonus: +10% headshot damage (in addition to the 2x headshot multiplier) when unscoped.
Hunter’s Grip - Turns you invisible on stealth kills.
Hunter’s Scope - Scope in by pressing altfire! This adds +40% headshot damage.

Largo

Critical Chance increased to 36%. It's only 2 percentage points. Why not.

On 2020-10-29 at 7:06 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Largo' Pistol

largo_pistol_uploadable_by_fluffywolf36_

“This Tenno pistol was devised as a simplified Lex, meant to have a lower bore axis and thus less recoil. Unfortunately, this forced them to chamber it for lower-caliber rounds.

Fortunately, said rounds are explosive.”

STANDARD
Fire Rate: 4.6s
Magazine Size: 10+1
Reload: 2.5s
Total Damage: 92

IMPACT:
Damage: 46
15 Slash
20 Impact
11 Puncture
Critical Chance: 36%
Critical Multiplier: 2.4
Status Chance: 18%

RADIAL
Damage: 46
15 Slash
20 Heat
11 Impact
Critical Chance: 36%
Critical Multiplier: 2.4
Status Chance: 18%
Blast Radius: 1.8m

Hiro

Status chance increased to 40%. Again, not much, but it makes it stand out just a little bit more from the other weapon I have planned.

On 2019-01-25 at 2:00 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Ganymede 'Hiro' Tactical Gyrojet Pistol

ganymede__hiro__tactical_rocket_pistol_b

"This Ganymedean sidearm - the constant companion of their security forces - is a recoilless sidearm built for use nullgrav and planetside. This particular model comes with an airburst mode, used to force enemies out of cover."
Primary Fire: Minirockets
Altfire: Airburst
Unique Traits:
      Gyrojet Rounds - Rounds explode on impact.
      Rangefinder - highlights enemies - even through cover, within short ranges - when zoomed in.

Stats:

Shared
Crit Chance: 18%
Crit Multiplier: 2.2x
Magazine Size: 7
Fire Rate: 3.0s
Reload Time: 2.8s
Recoil: NOPE

Primary Fire
Damage: 143
      Blast: 49
      Slash: 40
      Puncture: 21
      Impact: 29
Radius: 2.6m
Deals 60% of damage on initial hit, 40% in AoE.

Secondary Fire
Damage: 167
     Blast: 118
     Slash: 45
Radius: 4.2m

Cascabel Shotgun

Apparently I changed the crit to 40%, rebalanced the status, and rewrote it so the final shot does 12.5% bonus damage. I don't remember when I did that. Presumably it was when I was explaining to @keikogi that the Cascabel is a shotgun, not an automatic weapon.

On 2019-07-06 at 3:05 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Tenno 'Cascabel' Pepperbox Pistol

tenno__cascabel__pepperbox_pistol_by_har

Name: Cascabel
Type: Secondary
Critical Chance: 40%
Critical Multiplier: 2.0x
Status Chance: 9%
Magazine: 3
Projectiles: 8
(9 on last shot)
Damage: 248
    Puncture: 152
    Slash: 77
    Impact: 19
Accuracy: 
    1: 17
    2: 10
    3: 3 
Fire Rate: 3.5
Reload Time: 2.0s
Range: 
    Full damage up to 17.0 m
    Min damage at 31.0 m
    65% max reduction

Special Traits:
Lightfoot: Increased movement speed while equipped. Can be fired while sprinting.
    (Sprinting is pretty unimportant, but… it seemed like it fit)
Pressurized Choke: Accuracy decreases with each shot fired - though this means that the first shot fired has absolutely incredible accuracy. 
Last Shot: Final shot fires nine projectiles and thus does +12.5% damage.

Lore

“Close the distance as you pepper enemies with shot from the Cascabel.”

—Codex

The Cascabel is a 25-barreled break-open pepperbox pistol built for closing the distance. It fires eight bullets per trigger pull. It is Not A Revolver. At all. Due to a unique firing system, it fires from each concentric ring of eight barrels. Technically, this means it holds 24 rounds - well, 25 when you count the center barrel that fires on the last shot - but saying it fires 3 shots was more aesthetically important.

This causes accuracy to rapidly decrease with each shot. As such, the first shot has 17 accuracy, the second has 10 accuracy, and the third has 3. At least, I think that’s how it works. Apologies for sort of breaking the fourth wall while explaining the Cascabel, but - I cannot stress this enough - I do not know how accuracy works in Warframe at all. Is it….. is it based on percentages? This would explain how the Quartakk has 90.9 accuracy, but then, the Akvasto Prime has 16 accuracy and nobody would consider that pistol inaccurate… I’m so confused.

However, balancing this out is the Cascabel’s incredible crit and armor-piercing ability, thanks to the low caliber of its individual rounds.  For Tenno charging Sentient positions in the Old War, [REDACTED BY LOTUS], rushing Grineer emplacements, and facing down Infested hordes, this is a powerful, reliable close-range weapon.

The Casabel was originally designed as one of the first guns for Grineer regiments during the Old War, though thanks to a combination of lowered resources and Tenno curiosity, they soon found their way into Tenno hands. Its status as a primarily pre-Imperial Grineer weapon explains its cheap features - obviously organic elements, a simplistic design, and little if any ornamentation.

During the Old War, Grineer regiments would charge Sentient positions en masse, armed with melee weapons in one hand, these shotguns in the other. The Cascabel’s status as one of the first guns ever given to Grineer may very well be the reason that the Twin Rogga are the Kuva Guardians sidearm of choice. In fact, some particularly elite Kuva Guardians are armed with this weapon, and original Cascabels are treasured to this day among the elite of the Grineer.

An interesting note is that magazine size mods actually increase the accuracy of the second and third shot fired. Assuming you have a mod that adds in one more round, the second shot fired will have 11.6 accuracy, the third will have 7.3, and the fourth will have 3. Or something. No idea how this works if you decide to add Ice Storm and Slip Magazine, but that’d be interesting to see…

Acquisition

The blueprint - and its parts - can be found by killing Kuva enemies! Although, predictably, it requires Kuva to build.

Artist Notes:

Again, I have no idea whatsoever how accuracy works in Warframe. So confused. I can only hope the stats I made here make sense. The best you can do is look for a video of Lycus using the Pepper Pot in Spacelords, and then just assume that’s how it works.

Speaking of which, the Pepper Pot from that game was the main inspiration behind the Cascabel. It’s actually where the name comes from, too - a Cascabel is a kind of pepper. #Themoreyouknow. It’s also… part of a cannon? Huh. I didn’t know that. #TheMoreIKnow. Suddenly, it makes complete sense to assign this to the Kuva Fortress. 

For those of you that haven’t played Spacelords, the Pepper Pot is probably the best Lycus weapon you can use. That or the Spinning Coin, anyway. The Pepper Pot has excellent crit stats, good range, (on the first shot, anyway) a solid rate of fire, and it’s easy to understand on an intuitive level. Its two most defining traits are its bizarre accuracy gimmick, which forces you to close the gap, and its amazing crit capabilities.

So, I translated those into Warframe. And that’s why it can orange crit! Red crits were tempting, I’ll admit, but in no universe did that seem like a good idea. To be honest, the Pepper Pot seemed like it’d easily translate to Warframe. We rush in to melee range all the time in this game, and we all do it at high speeds… this just seemed like it made sense.

Besides the Pepper Pot, the other two major inspirations for this thing's aesthetic were the Godkiller from Drive Angry, and the Sawed Off Shotgun from Gears of War 3, a weapon that will forever live in infamy.

As for the usual other candidates of this.... Eh, they're fine. The Depezador is fine as is, same for the Estampida and Naga.

Except not really.

The naga's headshot explosion is too confusing for me to deal with.

So anyway this is the sidearm that sparked off this latest chain of rebalancing. The idea is that it's an explosive Entrati revolver that loads shell-by-shell through a loading gate, and headshots add an extra round.

I'm not gonna do this for awhile (there's too much stuff in the queue and I promised people my next post on deviantart would be something that Is Not A Gun) but I created a bunch of variations of what could become this revolver. I just want to know: Which parts do you want me to use in the final version? Which do you not like? 

I've got some personal notes on it below. 

filename_by_fluffywolf36_debh77s-pre.jpg

The idea was to create something that only coincidentally resembles a revolver - something with a cylinder that's either too fat or long. The main inspirations here were the Attention To Detail skin in Apex Legends, various Adeptus Mechanicus weapons such as the Phosphor Blast Pistol, the Kinetic Destroyer, and Mortarion's "Lantern" pistol.

You can see them in this spoilered thing below:

Spoiler

apex-legends-season-5-unlock-wingman-ski

The Precision Caliber skin from Apex (which I have)

Mortarion-up-close-4-Lantern.jpg

(Mortarion's pistol. I... don't know what it fires. But the baroque design was striking.)

6ea1a7cc402aec18bb13e7e24b219431.png

Phosphor blast pistol.

Archaeotech_Kinetic_Destroyer_A_1024x102

Kinetic Destroyer from 40k

Fun fact: #1 and #2 are  the earliest and latest versions, respectively. #1 It was meant more as a testbed for how this would look, while #2 was, chronologically, the final one I drew. You can tell I had a hard time caring at this point. I drew from #1 downwards, and it felt weird having them just as sort of an L shape... ignore this one

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

Holy cow, that shotgun! Loving these new concepts.

Thanks so much!

17 hours ago, Teoarrk said:

Glad to see you expanding on your Corpus designs as well. Great work.

It's  funny, Corpus stuff is actually the hardest to design for me :P . For Tenno stuff I just need to think of a bizarre gimmick to tie on to a ballistic weapon while using a sleek silhouette of a classic firearm, for Grineer stuff I can think of something like that but with less finesse on a rounded, bulbous frame, Infested stuff... actually isn't that hard, but Corpus?

Corpus stuff for me doesn't just get the sloppy seconds, it gets the sloppy seconds of the sloppy seconds.

Plus, trying to draw stuff that's so boxy doesn't leave that much room for creativity. I'm convinced the reason DE had the Corpus toying with Sentient stuff and did the redesign is that their art team is that they're running out of ideas :P

(DEM it, fell asleep and lost everything I was saying.)

On 2020-12-31 at 2:04 AM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Grineer 'Laikan' Shotgun

grineer__laikan__shotgun_by_fluffywolf36

“Four-round-burst shotgun that hurls a twenty-pellet wall of buckshot. Switches between horizontal and vertical spread. One shot in the burst always does bonus damage, rotating in a clockwise pattern.”

Primary Fire: Spread - Fires in a horizontal spread pattern, allowing it to hit multiple enemies with one shot. You’re only likely to get about a third of it on one enemy.
Secondary Fire: Choke - Fires in a vertical spread pattern. This has massive recoil and visual muzzle climb.

Special Traits:

Sikaaht Happens - With each shot fired, one round in the burst will do +20% bonus damage, moving from barrel to barrel in a clockwise pattern. There is no reason for this. It just does.

Lore

Normally I’d put this in artist notes, but: It’s Lycus’ Spinning Coin shotgun (which is basically the Plasma Cutter in shotgun form) combined with his other shotgun, S#&amp;&#036; Happens. Built on the same platform as a Quartakk, this shotgun uses that rifle’s extremely fast four-round burst to let loose a massive wall of shot in a vaguely diamond-shaped pattern. Each barrel is equipped with a duckbill choke that flattens the spread ever so slightly.

The Laikan was designed by a Grineer Savant likely suffering from undiagnosed (or acceptable amounts of) Clone Rot and brain tumors, after they found an ancient Quadrille shotgun in the ruins of Setebos. Likely due to said Clone Rot, they were under the impression the barrel was the magazine and fed into the four magazine tubes. Using a surplus Quartakk to rebuild the weapon to Grineer standards, they soon misaligned the barrels into something of a diamond shape, giving the weapon both horizontal and vertical spread.

Against all odds, this seemingly insane design decision paid off for the Grineer. The wide spreads gave it high utility against swarming Infested, and the vertical spreads gave it high single-target damage, at the cost of massive recoil.

In the close quarters of Gas City service corridors, asteroid mines, and spaceships, this powerful shotgun has extreme utility. In a hallway, nothing can dodge a full spread… and few things can survive a vertical spread.

Its main weaknesses are its low fire rate, its range, and its reload speed. 

Unique Mods: 

Flak Shells: Replaces bullets with Kuva drakgoon flak. This has moderate damage falloff, to compensate for the wall of pellets.

Enemies

‘Laikan’ Augis: Advances slowly with a shield, often using a “charge” attack to jump towards you. Within melee range, they switch to the Graal.…Keep your distance from these. The name of the game with the an Augis is to keep your distance. They’ll make that very difficult.

‘Laikan’  Koloss: these Grineer use the Laikan to turn any hall or room into an obstacle course. With knockback. Compared to the Augis, they use actual cover, and can deploy Blunts. To kill them, you should probably get closer.

Stats

Magazine: 16
Accuracy: God Only Knows!
Trigger: Burst
Burst Fire Rate: 12
Burst Delay: 0.9s
Burst Count: 4
Pellet Count: 5 (Total Pellets per shot - 20)
Damage: 325 (Total Damage - 1300)
195 Impact
100 Slash
30 Puncture
Crit Chance: 14%
Crit Multiplier: 2.0x
Reload: 3s
Falloff: 
Full Damage Up to 12m
Min Damage at 24m
50% Max Reduction
Punch-Through: 0.3

Artist Notes:
...this is the most hideous firearm I've ever designed. I decided to actively try to be less precise, using the magic wand tool and seeing what textures came out... and in a weird way, I feel like both of those things make it a perfect Grineer firearm.

Unlike usual, there isn't much to say this time. I just... really wanted to homage the Spinning Coin and S#&amp;&#036; Happens. While I don't play Spacelords as much as I... okay, I don't play it at all, I went through this weird spell where I didn't touch it, then they changed up the meta and now I'm not sure what the game's about.

But I treasure the time I spent playing it.

Mostly because I spent most of that looking at Ginebra's butt.  I regret nothing.

AH, reminds me of several of my old designs from the Tedlar to the Obar, but, uniquely styled, especially in the alternating barrel fire. Can conjure up a good and proper clouda random lead with that style, hard to miss for sure!

Heh, I can almost chock that up to the designer of the ammunition, a bunch of sloppy code where, every so often, it prints a pristine buckshot burst then goes back to the irregularly scheduled broadcast of manshot storms!

Heh, regarding the creator, they remind me of the long and winding tale of Dem Ful over in my Pit, from his discovery as a defective who builds ship-based munitions in a minimal scale, to his descent up the ranks into becoming the director-thinker of my version of Deimos’ E.W.S. organization. Perhaps your oddball may have a similar tale ahead of them. . . or maybe they die? Honestly, up to you!

AH, some enemies to actually use the weapons as well! Splendid! I think I need to start doing that much more. The biggest impactful piece I did in that manner was with the Starboard Brigade back when Mr. Crow as with us. Bonus points if you can apply it to your personal open world!

Heh, if this is an accident, then it’s certainly a well-built one. A slab of meat to smack between a pair of “baguettes” (hinds) with a nice “sausage” (Zarr) on top.

AH, so THATS what happened with your game! I recall you being so enthused about it in the past, wasn’t sure where it mighta ended up. Sorry to hear the answer may be  “the wrong way, in your eyes”.

Edited by Unus

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Thanks so much!

It's  funny, Corpus stuff is actually the hardest to design for me :P . For Tenno stuff I just need to think of a bizarre gimmick to tie on to a ballistic weapon while using a sleek silhouette of a classic firearm, for Grineer stuff I can think of something like that but with less finesse on a rounded, bulbous frame, Infested stuff... actually isn't that hard, but Corpus?

Corpus stuff for me doesn't just get the sloppy seconds, it gets the sloppy seconds of the sloppy seconds.

Plus, trying to draw stuff that's so boxy doesn't leave that much room for creativity. I'm convinced the reason DE had the Corpus toying with Sentient stuff and did the redesign is that their art team is that they're running out of ideas :P

Heh, for my Corpus work, I actually divided most of it up into “weapon skeletons”. The idea that the factories only have to adjust the metal molds or nano assemblers just slightly and pump out a weapon with a very similar form factor, but, very different role.

Big example? In my designs, Luxor uses the Braton chassis to create a sniper rifle and shotgun spin-off set, while the detron grip is a very universal part among the pistols. Factory-forward thinking, “something new, but, with as much “old” crammed into it as possible”. . . like a modern cellphone (nyuck yuck yuck.)!

Edited by Unus

Just now, Unus said:

Heh, for my Corpus work, I actually divided most of it up into “weapon skeletons”. The idea that the factories only have to adjust the metal molds or nano assemblers just slightly and pump out a weapon with a very similar form factor, but, very different role.

Big example? In my designs, Luxor uses the Braton chassis to create a sniper rifle and shotgun spin-off set, while the detron grip is a very universal part among the pistols. Factory-forward thinking, “something new, but, with as much “old” crammed into it as possible”. . . like a modern cellphone (nyuck yuck yuc

Edited by Unus
Dem it, sorry for the double post. Need to delete this somehow.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

t's  funny, Corpus stuff is actually the hardest to design for me :P . For Tenno stuff I just need to think of a bizarre gimmick to tie on to a ballistic weapon while using a sleek silhouette of a classic firearm, for Grineer stuff I can think of something like that but with less finesse on a rounded, bulbous frame, Infested stuff... actually isn't that hard, but Corpus?

I can understand that. boxy designs can only take you so far without being slight variations on the same thing. I would agree on the Sentient motif incorporation - allowing flowing lines into the design space certainly helps with the creative process, plus it allows designs to look less tacky and more detailed (especially the jump up from the old Corpus helmets to the new ones.)

Edited by Teoarrk
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Unus said:

AH, reminds me of several of my old designs from the Tedlar to the Obar, but, uniquely styled, especially in the alternating barrel fire. Can conjure up a good and proper clouda random lead with that style, hard to miss for sure!

Not exactly - it doesn't alternate, you can just switch from horizontal to vertical. Like the Plasma Cutter. But as a shotgun.

8 hours ago, Unus said:

Heh, I can almost chock that up to the designer of the ammunition, a bunch of sloppy code where, every so often, it prints a pristine buckshot burst then goes back to the irregularly scheduled broadcast of manshot storms!

d5a

All seriousness, it was just meant to convey how bizarre and questionably made the thing is.

8 hours ago, Unus said:

Heh, regarding the creator, they remind me of the long and winding tale of Dem Ful over in my Pit, from his discovery as a defective who builds ship-based munitions in a minimal scale, to his descent up the ranks into becoming the director-thinker of my version of Deimos’ E.W.S. organization. Perhaps your oddball may have a similar tale ahead of them. . . or maybe they die? Honestly, up to you!

Interesting questions! I'll probably bring them back at some point. Perhaps they work at Boril Kasma Armory... decisions, decisions. I'd prefer not to have them get rescued by the Tenno, for the simple fact that I don't want to have the "Transformers Cybertron problem" where all the interesting characters end up with the Autobots and the Decepticons become a bit of a goldfish poop gang.

...which WF already feels like it struggles with.

8 hours ago, Unus said:

AH, some enemies to actually use the weapons as well! Splendid! I think I need to start doing that much more. The biggest impactful piece I did in that manner was with the Starboard Brigade back when Mr. Crow as with us. Bonus points if you can apply it to your personal open world!

there's an idea... I will consider that. Oh yes.

As spurred by the fact that before Orb Vallis dropped, it often felt like we had more access to the Corpus arsenal than the Corpus themselves. Or was that just me? 

9 hours ago, Unus said:

AH, so THATS what happened with your game! I recall you being so enthused about it in the past, wasn’t sure where it mighta ended up. Sorry to hear the answer may be  “the wrong way, in your eyes”.

Yes and no. 

I like the idea behind the updates - it's probably for the best that we no longer have an insta-kill melee, and it's definitely for the best that we now have infinite ammo reserves.

I just feel like it might be hard to come back with so many changes.

• Like 1

On 2021-01-04 at 2:09 PM, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

Not exactly - it doesn't alternate, you can just switch from horizontal to vertical. Like the Plasma Cutter. But as a shotgun.

d5a

All seriousness, it was just meant to convey how bizarre and questionably made the thing is.

Interesting questions! I'll probably bring them back at some point. Perhaps they work at Boril Kasma Armory... decisions, decisions. I'd prefer not to have them get rescued by the Tenno, for the simple fact that I don't want to have the "Transformers Cybertron problem" where all the interesting characters end up with the Autobots and the Decepticons become a bit of a goldfish poop gang.

...which WF already feels like it struggles with.

there's an idea... I will consider that. Oh yes.

As spurred by the fact that before Orb Vallis dropped, it often felt like we had more access to the Corpus arsenal than the Corpus themselves. Or was that just me? 

Yes and no. 

I like the idea behind the updates - it's probably for the best that we no longer have an insta-kill melee, and it's definitely for the best that we now have infinite ammo reserves.

I just feel like it might be hard to come back with so many changes.

AH, roger! Thought you meant each barrel spat a burst at a time, I get it now.

Roger dodger! Pologies for the “hard thought” on “”basic”” theming material.

Heh, I understand completely. Ell, mayhaps the criminal underworld drags him to a nanoforge in chains, makes him a Hephaestus-character smithing for the gods of crime?

Your not bonkers for thinking that at all sir, it’s seems as though the new maps were the major way to get weapons into the hands of the factions without them having to come up with a new set of units every time.  Common unit skeletons, different weapons wielded.

Think the trouble they could have run into is the possibility of role overlap with each new unit type that could have popped in, so, they went the variant route. Reminds me of my F.W.F. work from the early and middle strata of the Pit.

Instant-kill? Like, “Halo Reach where it’s interruptible” or “Team Fortress 2 heavy snipes you with finger gun, there is no escape?”.

9 hours ago, Unus said:

Roger dodger! Pologies for the “hard thought” on “”basic”” theming material.

Don't even trip, dawg. I always welcome your thoughts here.

9 hours ago, Unus said:

Instant-kill? Like, “Halo Reach where it’s interruptible” or “Team Fortress 2 heavy snipes you with finger gun, there is no escape?”.

A little column a, a little column b. It used to be if you tapped Y a short distance, you'd rush towards an enemy and just beat the crap out of them. The only thing to do was dodge. SUPER frustrating if someone was playing Antagonist.

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

*takes massive hit from bong*

What if I made uuhhhhhh

an Infested bioplasma gun that's powered by an infested centipede and said the power is provided through centipedal force

I like the sound of that

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Fluffywolf36 said:

takes massive hit from bong*

What if I made uuhhhhhh

an Infested bioplasma gun that's powered by an infested centipede and said the power is provided through centipedal force

Drinks two galons of beer. Make it unable to to be reloaded normally. It just holsters over your spine and feeds from it. After you spend 100 energy it has its mag full again.

harness.jpg

Edited by keikogi