Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[OOC/Recruiting] Siren's Call

SpaceHelicopters

2 hours ago, Locky122 said:

all you'd really need to do is get past security, rig the power cores to blow and get out and detonate them before anyone really noticed - hard as sh!t, sure, but possible

Well, depending on who is in control of the setting, you may find yourself in one of two conclusions;

1 - The Power core, electrical cables and technological equipment is made from a polymer compound of nitroglycerine and meth, and thus the entire station promptly ceases to exist, Or-
2 - The Power Core goes into meltdown and turns into a steaming puddle of radioactive slag, ala Chernobyl, and the electrical systems are overloaded and are totaled by their prompt-supercharging and also melt. This is the more realistic, or as close as you could get to realism.

I could be wrong though, so if someone is more knowledgeable on this matter than I, please correct me so I have an excuse to flaggelate myself some more  learn somethin' new and useful.

Mind you though, as I said at the start - Depending on who is controlling the setting, you could find yourself at any point in-between the two - You get the same result, however - A burned out hulk, or a derelict station that just isn't worth the effort of replacing its electrical systems and left to drift in the void.
But lets be honest here, the only reason we don't see the latter option very much is because it doesn't glut our vast appetite for fire and E X P L O S I O N S.

Edited by InfiniumV
Oh hey, new page

1 hour ago, (PS4)DeerGodWrath said:

What is up my mates

Oh, you know, normal* things.

*Definition of normal: Drinking hot sauce when I'm bored (Frank's Red Hot is really weak), or playing Paladins/Path of Exile/XCOM/Civ 5/Warframe/Borderlands/Mass Effect/Fallout/Team Fortress 2, and maybe listening to Linkin Park.

And maybe doing MMA.

Or admiring my collection of hot sauce

Just now, Daakjenaar said:

Oh, you know, normal* things.

*Definition of normal: Drinking hot sauce when I'm bored (Frank's Red Hot is really weak), or playing Paladins/Path of Exile/XCOM/Civ 5/Warframe/Borderlands/Mass Effect/Fallout/Team Fortress 2, and maybe listening to Linkin Park.

And maybe doing MMA.

Or admiring my collection of hot sauce

MMA?

17 minutes ago, (PS4)DeerGodWrath said:

MMA?

Mixed martial arts. I can do boxing, kickboxing, Thai Boxing, a bunch of other boxing styles, taekwondo, judo, jiu-jitsu, and wrestling.

I'm not especially good at any of them, but four full years (I'm on my fifth year) of practice pays off.

Just now, Daakjenaar said:

Mixed martial arts. I can do boxing, kickboxing, Thai Boxing, a bunch of other boxing styles, taekwondo, judo, jiu-jitsu, and wrestling.

I'm not especially good at any of them, but four full years (I'm on my fifth year) of practice pays off.

That's pretty cool

I've been a Black-Belt in Shaolin Kempo for about two years now, been going to classes for almost a decade.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)DeerGodWrath said:

That's pretty cool

I've been a Black-Belt in Shaolin Kempo for about two years now, been going to classes for almost a decade.

I've competed twice, and lost every time.

Like, beaten badly. Concussions and bruises everywhere. I'm not very good at this.

44 minutes ago, (PS4)DeerGodWrath said:

I don't compete

That must be hard, though, man.

I'm starting to think competing might not be for me. I've started focusing on striking a while ago, mostly ignoring grappling.

It helps that a local amateur boxer (I think he's been on Olympic teams) does a few of our classes a week. I suck significantly less than I used to.

Haha, look at you two Humans with your Human Martial Arts. It's nothing compared to Venusian Akido! I can do it, even though you require four arms! I've got hidden talents, as well as hidden arms.

~

~

~

In all seriousness, I've never done any kind of Martial Arts in my life. I spend all (well, not all, but A LOT) of my time sitting at a computer. Honestly I've gotta say, anyone who does Martial Arts is probably a thousand times braver than me. I'm not really the fighting type.

Spoiler

For those wondering what Venusian Akido ACTUALLY is, here you go:

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Venusian_aikido

I'm a Whovian, so I saw my chance to make a reference which probably only I got. 

5 minutes ago, Agent_Maine said:

Haha, look at you two Humans with your Human Martial Arts. It's nothing compared to Venusian Akido! I can do it, even though you require four arms! I've got hidden talents, as well as hidden arms.

~

~

~

In all seriousness, I've never done any kind of Martial Arts in my life. I spend all (well, not all, but A LOT) of my time sitting at a computer. Honestly I've gotta say, anyone who does Martial Arts is probably a thousand times braver than me. I'm not really the fighting type.

Hide contents

For those wondering what Venusian Akido ACTUALLY is, here you go:

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Venusian_aikido

I'm a Whovian, so I saw my chance to make a reference which probably only I got. 

Nifty, my mate

@(PS4)DeerGodWrath and @Locky122, I can assure you your passive aggression has not fallen on blind eyes, however I would caution against using it to goad me in the future. If the delay is not to your satisfaction, then it may be in your best interest to seek out a different thread with a more consistent GM presence. As much as I enjoy telling a story, this is still an extracurricular activity and therefore I can only pursue it when I have my prior affairs in order. I'm a busy person with responsibilities to various projects outside these forums and I haven't always the time to put a post up every day. Further, just because I haven't made a direct post addressing a specific topic does not mean I am blind to it. You two will have your critiques when I can give them, and if that isn't good enough for you then do not hesitate to inform me. Though great to those who have earned it, my patience is still a finite resource and I'm not one to waste it where it isn't wanted. Nothing has bound you here and I certainly won't keep you.

Regular posting should resume Sunday or Monday at the latest should things go my way. It would be wise not to confuse this statement for a promise on my part in order to save yourselves from disappointment should my plans fall through.

4 hours ago, SpaceHelicopters said:

@(PS4)DeerGodWrath and @Locky122, I can assure you your passive aggression has not fallen on blind eyes, however I would caution against using it to goad me in the future. If the delay is not to your satisfaction, then it may be in your best interest to seek out a different thread with a more consistent GM presence. As much as I enjoy telling a story, this is still an extracurricular activity and therefore I can only pursue it when I have my prior affairs in order. I'm a busy person with responsibilities to various projects outside these forums and I haven't always the time to put a post up every day. Further, just because I haven't made a direct post addressing a specific topic does not mean I am blind to it. You two will have your critiques when I can give them, and if that isn't good enough for you then do not hesitate to inform me. Though great to those who have earned it, my patience is still a finite resource and I'm not one to waste it where it isn't wanted. Nothing has bound you here and I certainly won't keep you.

Regular posting should resume Sunday or Monday at the latest should things go my way. It would be wise not to confuse this statement for a promise on my part in order to save yourselves from disappointment should my plans fall through.

I'm so sorry, mate! I didn't mean to come off that way, at all. Trust me, if I'm gonna be angry, it won't be very passive. I mean what I say and say what I mean.

Sorry, didn't mean to stress you out, or offend you. Take all the time you need.

5 hours ago, SpaceHelicopters said:

....dammit, now I feel like an assh0le...so sorry about that - was only trying to have a laugh, but didn't think the post through...

I swear that it won't happen again, I'll take this as a lesson to think before hitting "enter"

also, I'm happy to wait if things are keeping you busy - I've found myself in those situations many times before, and they can get pretty hectic if you don't resolve them quickly. 

Edited by Locky122

I started a new game of Darkest Dungeon after installing a mod that lets me put more than 1 flagellant in a team.
In case no-one knows what the Flagellant is capable of, let me just put the following videos in a spoiler.

Spoiler

In other words, he is a perfectly, PERFECTLY balanced class.